Thread: Another OU team.

Default Another OU team.

Another OU team

Yeah, here's another OU team for you guys to rate. There really isn't much of a theme here, though, other than maybe for me to use my favorites. Enjoy.

Nike the Victini @ Choice Band
    Ability- Victory Star.
    Adamant Nature. 252 Atk, 252 spd, 4 def
    Job- Plow huge holes in the opposition
    V-Create
    Bolt Strike
    Brick Break
    U-Turn

Choice Banded V-Create will nuke nearly every other pokemon in the tier. This pokemon usually does a lot of damage per match. Fusion Bolt is for Politoed who think they can switch in and tank a V-Create in the rain. Brick Break discourages Tyrannitar, and U-Turn allows me to switch out on a threat. This helps, as Wobbuffet can kill pretty much any offensive threat in the metagame.

Sting the Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Ability- Liquid Ooze
    Timid Nature. 252 sp. Atk, 252 spd, 4 sp. def
    Job- Offensive Rapid Spinner
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Giga Drain
    Rapid Spin

Tentacruel usually runs a Toxic Spikes or SubToxic set, so an offensive Tentacruel isn't common. As a result, this guy can surprise many opponents who think they can switch in. Liquid Ooze allows me to screw over Conkeldurr and Toxicroak using Drain Punch and Venusaur using Giga Drain. Ice Beam can be used to KO the three of them, and Giga Drain helps me heal. Rapid Spin is to get rid of hazards.

Sparky the Rotom @ Choice Scarf
    Ability- Levitate
    Timid Nature. 252 sp. Atk, 252 spd, 4 HP
    Job- Scout and act as a revenge killer
    Volt Switch
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Ice
    Trick

Rotom is a Ghost Type, so he can switch into many fighting type moves in the tier, especially Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave, which Cloyster hates. Choice Scarf makes him fast enough to act like a scout, Volt Switching into another pokemon that can counter the opposition. Shadow Ball is its main STAB, and Trick cripples set-up sweepers and walls.

Cotton the Whimsicott @ Leftovers
    Ability- Prankster
    Timid Nature. 252 def, 252 sp. def, 4 spd
    Job- Troll with Prankster ability
    Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Protect
    Encore/Taunt/U-Turn

Troll. That's pretty much all she does. Everyone who plays competitive pokemon knows how annoying Whimsicott's Subseed techniques are. Protect allows me an extra turn to stall the opponent, and Encore can force set-up sweepers to continuously set up, and then I can stall them out or switch in Cloyster to Shell Smash and sweep. Taunt lets me get past Taunt users and U-Turn lets me scout or evade a Taunt. No HP EVs are used so that I can leech heal more health from the opponent, which gives me a higher percentage of my health back, maybe for even more subs.

Trap the Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry/Leftovers
    Ability- Shadow Tag
    Impish Nature. 252 HP, 136 def, 120 sp. def
    Job- Trap, kill, or encore
    Counter
    Mirror Coat
    Encore
    Destiny Bond/Safeguard

Custap Berry was released for Wobbuffet. This effectively allows the blue guy to get around two KOs per match, one by CounterCoating and the other by using Destiny Bond when the Custap Berry activates. Leftovers can also be considered to heal, but as this guy will be taking on strong attackers such as Victini and Scizor, the passive recovery won't do much for it. Encore allows me to stop set-up sweepers and switch to Cloyster, allowing me to set up while they switch out. Destiny Bond is used if he runs Custap Berry, for Custap Berry gets priority when he's on low health. However, if leftovers is used, then Safeguard can be used over Destiny Bond to prevent status. Weak attackers are destroyed easily.

Leon the Cobalion @Leftovers
    Ability- Justified
    Jolly Nature. 252 HP, 100 sp. def, 156 spd
    Job- Set up hazards and spread status
    Stealth Rock
    Close Combat
    Volt Switch
    Thunder Wave

This guy has some good support options, mainly Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. Close Combat is his main STAB, which can be used to nail those pokemon weak to fighting. Volt Switch is used to get away from a threat, and helps keep the momentum. That's all for this guy....

Concerns:
    No cleric
    No phazer
    Last edited by silverangel; 26th January 2013 at 4:16 PM.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

Chandelure > Rotom. Rotom's standard form is terribad.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
    Timid - Flash Fire
    252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Fire Blast
    -Shadow Ball
    -Energy Ball
    -Trick / Hidden Power (Ground or Fighting)

If you really want a dedicated Ghost scout... Well, to be honest there are no good Ghost scouts. This retains the role of Choice Scarf user but it does it a hundred times better.
    Full rate later.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

But I just get a big Stealth Rock weakness, and I'll be walled by Heatran......

To be honest, as I already have one fire type, I'm not keen on having another fire type in the team. Actually, now that I look at it, half the team is weak to pursuit, so maybe a scarfed pokemon can take the place of Rotom, maybe another Rotom form or another Scarfer with Volt Switch. Do you think I should use a Jolteon or a Wash/Mow Rotom.

I'll try out Chandelure in the meantime. Thanks, I never knew it got Trick.
    Last edited by silverangel; 25th January 2013 at 9:30 PM.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Quote Originally Posted by silverangel View Post
    But I just get a big Stealth Rock weakness, and I'll be walled by Heatran......

To be honest, as I already have one fire type, I'm not keen on having another fire type in the team. Actually, now that I look at it, half the team is weak to pursuit, so maybe a scarfed pokemon can take the place of Rotom, maybe another Rotom form or another Scarfer with Volt Switch. Do you think I should use a Jolteon or a Wash/Mow Rotom.

I'll try out Chandelure in the meantime. Thanks, I never knew it got Trick.
    Well, if you don't mind losing the Ghost typing, Rotom Heat, Wash, and Mow are all great options. Since you are using no Spinner I'd recommend using Wash or Mow.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Regular Rotom is walled by Heatran actually. With it's special bulk, nothing in your current Rotom's moveset can do much to it. Chandelure can pose a threat with HP Ground at least.

You might want to try Claydol which can Dual Screen and spin while possessing great typing resisting common attacks in the tier and then give Cloyster Hydro Pump to power past some walls.

@Atrocious- yeah, I'm switching Rotom with Mow, Heat, or Wash, but I'm having trouble choosing which. I might go for Wash, though.

I made some big changes to the team.

Cloyster was replaced with Tentacruel to have a more reliable spinner.

Bronzong was replaced with Cobalion to get a Dark and Ghost Resist. Claydol would've been considered.....if I didn't replace Clyster with Tentacruel and already have two psychic types. I don't want a big weakness to Ghost and Dark attacks.....

Rotom will be replaced with either Rotom Mow, Heat, or Wash, depending on which one works best for me. On one hand, Heat Rotom has a fire resistance, but has a water weakness. He also sports fire attack in case Victini goes down, and can go up against sun teams, but does badly against rain teams. Mow Rotom has a water resist, but has a fire weakness, which the team doesn't like. He sucks against sun teams, but would do well against a rain team. Finally, Rotom Wash has a fire and water resist, and a water attack. He does well against both rain and sun teams, but he can get walled easily, and he can't wall sun teams or rain teams, whereas Heat Rotom and Mow Rotom can beat down sun teams and rain teams respectively. Which should I use? Heat Rotom, Wash Rotom, or Mow Rotom. Wow, it's like asking which starter pokemon I should get.

I still lack a cleric and phazer, though. This makes me vulnerable to status spreaders and set-up sweepers....
    For trade:

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Cobalion learns roar, so he could be a pretty solid phaser. It's just a matter of what move you want to drop for it

An interesting defensive core could be blissey/chansey, Cobalion, and tentacruel, as this core could supply you with rocks, a physical and special wall, cleric, wish support and phaser as well as other things I'm sure I'm missing. Personally I would drop whims for a pink blob if I were you, but do whatever you feel is best for your team.
    Last edited by Dragonicwari; 27th January 2013 at 1:12 AM.

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Bumping this.

I talked about this team on Nuzlocke forums and someone told me I should use a sun team with these pokes:

Sunny Day Ninetales
    Growth+3 attacks Venusaur
    Specially defensive Forretress
    Physically defensive Rotom-Wash
    Choice Band Victini
    Custap Berry Wobbuffet

This changes half the team, but I'm willing to try it. What do you guys think?
    For trade:

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779