Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Johto - The Funne Version!!!

Talking Pokémon Johto - The Funne Version!!!

Pokémon Johto - The Funne Version!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH- WHEEEEEEEEE!!!

Um, Soujiro...

FUNFUNFUNFUNFUN!!! LET’SEATATOMATOANDHEARITSCREAMINPAIN!

Soujiro?

KHEKHEKHEKHEKHEKHEKHEKHEKHEKHEKHEKHEKHEKHEKHEKHEKH E!

SOUJIRO!!!!

Yeah?

We’re on...

Oh! Sorry! WHEE!

. . .

VROOOOOOOOO!

Must have been all the bananas... anyway, hello and welcome to another fic by the Mafuné duo. We’re not brothers, twins, or anything like that – we just share the same artistic name.

DWEEDWOODWEEDWOODWEEDWOODWEEDWOODWEEDWOODWEEDWOO!

Unfortunately. Anyway, the main point of this fic is that we are gonna do something amazing and unreal.

WE’RE GONNA DO A POKÉMON GSC ADVENTURE/JOURNEY/ICECREAM STORY! KHEKHEKHEKHE!

Shut. Up. But yeah, he’s right. Unfortunately. Why is it unreal? Simply because it’s so unused it’s original even if we don’t make it.

PICASSO AGREES!

Yeah... he does. Now, if you’ll allow me... On with the tape.

NOODLES!

Will someone bring the elephant tranquilizer already?!

%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%)%) %)%)%)

Chapteur Le First
    —Kenta’s Quest! Pokémon, Pokégear, Poké-things!—

It was one of the nicest days in the peaceful town of New Bark. Then a Swalot jumped on a Dodrio that was about to squawk and ate him in one gulp. “Swalot!” it said later, before burping, saying his own name again.

Meanwhile, inside a house on the northeastern corner of the city, a young boy jumped out of his bed, filled with happiness. Laughing like a maniac, he jumped into the wardrobe and closed the doors, before the wardrobe started to jump maniacally.

After a few minutes, he jumped out of the wardrobe, now fully clothed. He was wearing a red and white sweater over a red shirt, with yellow shorts and shoes as well. On his head, a yellow and black cap, turned towards his back, gave the final touches.

Looking at himself on a nearby mirror, he grinned at the effect, before listening to a call from down the nearby stairs. Taking his backpack from the nearby table, he approached them, and heard the call repeat. “HEY, KENTA! COME DOWN HERE!!!” a shrill female voice screamed, causing him to fall down to the floor, surprised. Getting up, he rubbed his head.

“Sheesh, mom, what’s the hurry...” he muttered, before heading down the stairs. On the lower floor, which looked a lot like every house in the country, he noticed his mom talking to the next-door neighbor, a plump old woman who had a dozen kids and had about a hundred trophies from her kids’ journeys. Nowadays she spent her time going to other people’s houses and telling them all about the golden trophies she kept on her house, placed on a stand in the living room where anyone could touch them. Despite everyone else’s requests, she kept saying there was no risk of theft.

Then again, that was a podunk town with about fifty families, despite being the entrance to Johto, something that was attested also by the cities of Goldenrod and Olivine. Um, it was also the place where all young and starting Pokémon trainers went to receive their first Pokémon, unless they lived on any of the other cities, where they could receive or catch them with help from the Gym Leaders. Uh... it was also the place where Prof. Elm, the leading authority in the Pokémon world, unless you remembered Prof. Oak, lived. It was also the homeland of...

Ah, enough about this, and let’s go on.

Anyway, Kenta, who was obviously the boy who has some strange importance, despite being a rather unknown character for the previous minutes, and therefore is listed here as the main character for reasons you don’t want to know about (YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THEM!), was staring at his mother and her visitor, who had been the focus of attention for several minutes before they turned their gazes to the city.

Finally, after the long and awkward pause, the boy ahemed, despite that not being a verb or a real action, and then proceeded to clear his throat in a coughing fit. This broke the previously unknown spell that affected the city, and now his mom was paying attention to him. “Yes, dear?” she asked, with a voice that seemed a bit strained. The fact that the plump old woman in front of her was apparently hoping to speak seemed to be related to that, but probably isn’t.

Kenta stared at her as if she had turned into a Dodrio hybrid. Well, if you asked any of the males living in the city who wasn’t at the vicinity of their wives, they’d say that that look was something usual for them, given how the somewhat young woman was sadly a single mother. Unfortunately for her, it just so happened that all the men in the city were unhappily married because of that. And most of this unhappiness came from the fact that they never let their husbands pursue their dreams, like skydiving naked or climbing Mt. Silver to the peak, or visiting the Azalea and Goldenrod Gyms, something they missed from their journeys. But that’s unrelated and we won’t talk about that, especially because we’ve got better things to do than listen to a bunch of old men whining about how their wives were horrible hags.

Seriously, we do.

As this monologue happened, Kenta stopped staring and decided to speak. “It’s just that you just screamed for me to-” he started, but was quickly interrupted as his mother quickly got up the table and moved towards him, laughing loudly as she took something out of her right pocket, obscuring the plump old woman from sight. When she was sure her face couldn’t be seen, her eyes quickly became pleading and her expression dropped to one of despair. Kenta easily noticed that it was the same expression all the other women in town had for their children (and, for some strange reason, he tended to be a normal target as well, despite not actually being friendly to their children; it was as though people expected him to do things for them for no reason) when that plump old woman visited them for five hours, which pretty much meant ‘Help me out or you’ll be grounded until after I die’.

Sighing as usual, he finally noticed the object his mother produced from inside her pocket; a familiar circular device with a specially designed LCD touchable screen, several switches for various functions, including one of his favorites, a systematic cellular antenna-and-duovocal sliding bar, which was something he didn’t understand other than it meaning the word ‘cellphone’. Combined into a very complex machinery piece, the POKéMON Geared Energetic Automated Receiver, which was usually shortened into POKéMON GEAR, and then POKéGEAR, but without so many capitalized letters, was the most recent device from Selected Industries of the Local Pokémon Humane Corporation, or Silph Co. Most people didn’t really know what the words exactly meant, and usually when asked the lawyers, accountants, and other technical people in the realm of business told them that they were part of a heavy code made mostly in protection of the rights of the people as potential customers. Which some skeptics called a bunch of technobabble, which was also an alternate official explanation according to the technical people, which led to several lawsuits by the part of the lawyers, but that’s too much digression for the mere explanation of a watch, and therefore, if you want the complete story, please read your economical history books.

His mother beamed, before moving around and making sure the plump old woman could notice what she was about to do. “Well, Kenta, Prof. Elm called earlier, while you were sleeping. He finished fixing your Pokégear, and left it here before going back to his lab, asking me to tell you to go to his lab. Apparently he had something else for you. Isn’t that great?” she said, before cocking her head to the side and giving a smile that made men in the city lose their footing and sigh sadly while their wives took heavy objects conveniently stored on their purses and smacking them on the head.

Kenta put up a smile and nodded, noticing how the plump old woman was in a mix between expectant and nervous. “Yeah, that’s great,” he said half-heartedly while taking the device on her offering hand and slapping it on his wrist, as with a normal watch, when the biomagnetic stickers kept it safe in place on his shirt. “So... Prof. Elm wants to talk to me?” he asked, sounding as hopeful as he could without actually being hopeful. His mother almost showed a tint of sadness go through her face, but if she did, it didn’t last a second; almost immediately, she increased her smile, to the point where he swore he was staring at an Octyllery’s lower and many times forgotten second mouth. Those were known by all people, when they were young and studious, as being dark and damp and usually that’s how they eat.

Keeping her large and scary smile, she cocked her head farther to the side. “Well, that’s what he said. But I am pretty sure he can wait some time, and Ms. Maple here was telling me about her fifth daughter, Meg, quite the delightful tale, really...” she told him, but her pained eyes were pretty much crying and screaming ‘Please-don’t-leave-me-alone-with-her-anymore-Please-don’t-leave-me-alone-with-her-anymore-Please-don’t-leave-me-alone-with-her-anymore-Please-don’t-leave-me-alone-with-her-anymore-Please-don’t-leave-me-alone-with-her-anymore...’ in a tone which’d have made a thief from one of Kenta’s comics proud.

In an alternate dimension where the thief lived, he sneezed in a strangely effeminate tone, while an elf Archmage was teleporting them around with a minor spell. But that’s another story which nobody cares about right now.

Kenta gulped, as he knew that if he didn’t do anything, he’d be forced to spend the rest of the day listening to Ms. Maple’s boring tales, something that nobody wanted to do. Yet, if he left his mother with her, she was probably and definitely apply a terrible punishment to him, one he did NOT want to know. So he did the best thing that came to his mind. “Ms. Maple, I think that Prof. Elm’s family would be interested in listening to your stories right now. My mother has to make some... cakes... for a sale we’re making,” he lied, giving off the most honest expression he could muster. Fortunately for him, Ms. Maple was too trusting of people because she wanted them to listen to her (something they tended to do), and so she remembered she actually hadn’t visited the young Professor’s family in weeks. She gave a small smile and told Fia, Kenta’s mom, that she would continue her tale the next time she came.

As she walked over to the door, Fia gave her son a thankful yet angry look, which was answered by a confused look. Yet, he said nothing; instead, he walked towards the door and opened it for Ms. Maple, who gave her good-byes and left. Kenta soon followed, leaving the house and taking in the mid-morning sights of the city. It was, as mentioned before, a small podunk town where nobody didn’t know each other, and there was a tendency for interbreeding, as in people marrying on and off families. As usual in small places.

Walking around, he noticed a young boy who was playing around, when he noticed Ms. Maple walking towards his house. As she approached, he paled and ran towards his house, closing the door with a loud noise. Simultaneously, the people closer to her started to retreat, which made the scene become quite comical as several grown women (and several men, but not as many) were running away from a woman who looked like she couldn’t hurt a Butterfree (unless you considered mental damage from utter boredom painful).

Sweatdropping as he saw the scene, he took the short path to the nearby laboratory. However, he noticed that there was a strange-looking boy about his age staring at a window. He had long, flowing red hair, in the sense that most girls have, and wore a black sweater and purple pants, as well as a look of perpetual scorn on his face. If anyone cared, they’d notice black sneakers as well. But nobody really cared, too surprised with Ms. Maple and knowing peace was gone for them soon. Still, he was a fairly new face there, something unusual that month. Kenta was curious, but he didn’t try to push the matter; for some reason, the guy gave him the creeps, and he didn’t like feeling those. Besides, he had something better to do.

Going inside, he noticed the only aide Prof. Elm had, a young man who wanted to work for Prof. Oak, he’d heard; however, the letter hadn’t come, and he ended up working for Elm. He walked past the bookstands, several having labels stating they belonged to a ‘Samuel ***’ person, and reached the backroom, where Prof. Elm was fiddling with a computer with a tag similar to the labels on the books, with the name ‘Samuel ***’ on the side. Along the room, there was a large machinery with the words ‘Portable POKéMON Collapsible Electronic Neuro-Technological Energy Restorer’, with a note below indicating that it was ‘a gift from the ***** POKéMON Centers, to Samuel ***’.

As he stared at those, Prof. Elm, a young man who had a strange haircut, turned around to talk to Kenta. “So, Kenta, you’re finally here... sit down, please,” he told him, motioning for a nearby chair.”

Kenta sat down. “You wanted to talk to me, professor?”

Elm nodded. “Yes. You see, I have been stuck to my neck in work, and unfortunately, I’ve been too busy with paperwork, to the point where I’ve stopped going off to the river to fish new species to eat- I mean study nowadays.”

“I think I get it... but do you need me to do anything?”

“Well, yes. You see, my old childhood friend, Tajiri, although he’s more known as Mr. Pokémon, has announced to me that he has a new discovery. He’s been always like that, really. In fact, talking about him reminded me of the time where we were in high school. He always went off in hunts for new things. Although most of them were in the female dorm. Then again, he was always such a...” he reminisced, when he noticed Kenta’s stare of utter boredom. He laughed nervously. “But that’s not important right now. What is important is that he asked me to check his newest discovery, but...” he motioned towards the large amount of paper that was on the table.

“So, you’re asking me to go see what this great discovery is?”

The Professor nodded, opening a wide smile. “That’s right! But since the path is dangerous for a lone boy such as you, I’m gonna get you a Pokémon!”

Kenta sweatdropped, making a surprised face. “Um, professor...” he tried to speak, but was cut off.

“Yes! For you will need one to defend yourself from the dangers of this world! There are no problems with relying so much on them, because that’s what they’re here for! You should do good by travelling around with them! And that’s something you’ll only get from me!” Elm said, taking on a pose and talking to air. Out of the room, the aide sweatdropped and went back to cleaning the labfloor, littered with paper.

Kenta sighed closed his eyes. Elm smirked. “I’m kidding, Kenta! That’s just what I’m gonna say on the next commercial they’re making about my lab.” Kenta just laughed awkwardly, before turning his gaze towards the red and white spheres, with a black line keeping the red half away from the white half. One was marked with red shirt buttons, one with blue shirt buttons, and one with green shirt buttons.

“Do I still need to take one, though?” he asked, annoyed. Elm raised an eyebrow.

“Kenta, you know that the League forbids people from travelling without a Pokémon. After all, it’s required for the upcoming tournaments that you kids start with a Pokémon early, so that you can grow up to become normal adults and take your rightful place as politicians.” Kenta half-closed his eyes.

“Why do you keep saying weird things?” he asked, causing the Professor to stammer to the ground, in a comical way. He stood up again, defying Physics as he did that in one second, and laughed.

“Oh, that’s just a joke. Don’t worry about that,” the professor told him. However, Kenta was still feeling uncomfortable. Still, the professor expected him to go to where Mr. Pokémon was, and he didn’t feel like disappointing him. But to take a Pokémon with him? He liked Pokémon as much as about everyone else in the planet, but unlike most people, his mother had kept him sheltered from most Pokémon, to the point where he had only studied them in books. And some of the things he’d read about the history of Pokémon weren’t what a young boy was supposed to know.

But his mother had tried to give him the best of education, and so he had learned much of the things most trainers didn’t even realize. He had an edge if he was forced, as he knew he’d inevitably be, to battle other trainers. And no matter how much he loved his town, he knew that his mother would be disappointed if he didn’t follow his father’s footsteps and became a Pokémon trainer.

In fact, that opened another question... why had he just thought that? His father hadn’t been a Pokémon trainer! He had been-“Kenta?”

Turning his gaze back to Elm, he noticed the elder man was confused. “You’ve been staring at the Pokéballs for minutes. I thought you had blacked out. Are you okay?” Kenta nodded.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I was just thinking about it. And...” he sighed. This was it. “I’ve decided that I’m going there.”

Elm opened a big smile, and quickly defied Physics again, appearing behind the table where the Pokéballs were lying. “Excellent!” he said, half-laughing, before motioning towards the spheres. “In here are three Pokémon: the calm and delightful Chikorita, the playful and joking Totodile, and the happy and loyal Cyndaquil! Choose one of them!” he said, while motioning from right to left. Kenta took a moment, gulping nervously, before getting up and picking the leftmost Pokéball, with the red shirt buttons. Elm then made a happy pose, giving him a thumbs-up, before quick-moving to the same place he was earlier. “Cyndaquil, huh? Great choice! It might be a bit slow on the uptake, but it makes up thanks to its own power!”

He then noticed the device on Kenta’s shirt. “Oh, yeah! Your mom must have delivered your Pokégear to you. Well, then,” he said, before pressing a button on his phone, which caused a long thin cable to jump out. Approaching Kenta, he inserted the small point on a hole designed for it. Then, he pressed another button, sending data into Kenta’s POKéGEAR. Once the process was over, the cable retreated automatically. “Now you have my phone number. Contact me if anything important appears, okay?”

Kenta nodded, before pressing the button on his Pokéball, which caused it to shrink, surprising the boy. Elm laughed a bit. “Don’t worry, that’s a normal system Pokéballs use. By shrinking, you can carry them easier than if they were in their normal size. Nifty, huh?” Kenta merely nodded, before he walked towards the exit, stepping on lots of paper along the way.

Before he could open the door, however, the aide walked towards him. “Oh, if you’ll excuse me...” and before Kenta could react, he took a Potion from his coat and put it inside the middle pocket of his backpack. “You might need one of these later on. Don’t waste them, however. Only use them if you are sure that your Pokémon won’t hold on for too long.” Then, he pushed the boy through the door, before taking his broom and cleaning the floor again.

Well, we’re done.

And Soujiro’s finally stopped running around.

You’ll have to forgive us... he’s been excitable ever since he found out we’ve passed our college exams.

So, don’t worry, be happy, and read us!

*SNORE*

Shut up.
    Last edited by Seijiro Mafuné; 14th August 2012 at 3:25 AM. Reason: Your system is stupid and b0rk3d mine.

Hillarious. I like how this Fic took the same old story and added those funny twists all over. A few things felt kinda random, but not completely off. The best part? The narration. The narrator is funny in himself and makes remarks of his own. It was a bit lackey in description, but it wasn't half bad at all. After all, having too much description could ruin the feel.

A few typos here and there, but the overall structure is fine. As for made-up words... that added to the comicy of it. Just keep them at line.

Now, my only complaint is the way of posting. It scrolled to the right for whatever reason. That's a major no. Just fix whatever could've caused that and it'll be OK. As is, it's a pain to read. @_@
    EDIT: It seems that just happens in Firefox, so, ignore it...

Still, this first chapter made me laugh quite a bit. Hopefully it remains like this. Good parody overall. Will be reading as it goes on. Keep it up!
    Last edited by Orion-Sama; 15th January 2006 at 2:36 AM.

Paired with the adorable Avegaille ~ <3

*Jumps on and hugs.* I LOVE RAMBLING SENTENCS!

MY GOODNESs, it made me giggle so much and you gave them such uniqueness and made of words..yay!

THe only thing were a few typos and such but, heh, fix em and it'll be fine. ANyway, I loved it , like the colorful scene of gulpin and doduo. Take that you stupid bird!

Brilliant.

As always, be kind to the mime.
    ~*Pair- Typhlogirl*~
    [CENTER]
    *~Currently Reading TWILIGHT!~*

Well, I must say, that story do is funny.

I especially like the dialogue between the hero and Elm.

However, the colored introduction (with the author talking to itself) must go. It's bad, it's awful, it's... well, you got the idea.

... short review but well, anyway...

I can't wait for the next chapter!
    =FEATURED STORY=

Rejected

In a seemingly condemned world, souls seek out the cure to a terrible Poison and end up finding more... much more. Truth can be painful, sometimes.

Raichu_Trainer_Chris Guest

Swalot, and Dodrio cracked me up! add a lil bit of detial tho.

The opening chapter was very funny. A few spelling mistakes but thats ok. Looks like Elm is still to busy to leave his Lab since your basing this off the game. Cant wait to see the next chapter.

I found it hilarious, great job Seijiro!

I loved the Doduo scene at the beginning, so random, so funny, so cool.

The way you wrote this was also great, it was so entertaining to read, the characters are great and the ideas are great.

My favourite part - has to be the scene with Prof. Elm, especially where Kenta began to daydream, to be snapped back to reality by the worrying Prof. Elm. Hilarious.

Great job Seijiro.

XD Oh, man...Okay, that was good. I especially loved all the little narrative digressions - a memorable and entertaining narrator is always a good thing.

Favorite excerpts:

Anyway, Kenta, who was obviously the boy who has some strange importance, despite being a rather unknown character for the previous minutes, and therefore is listed here as the main character for reasons you don’t want to know about (YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THEM!)
    Elm nodded. “Yes. You see, I have been stuck to my neck in work, and unfortunately, I’ve been too busy with paperwork, to the point where I’ve stopped going off to the river to fish new species to eat- I mean study nowadays.”
    Funny stuff for sure. ^^ Bossness.
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK
    (Or do. I don't actually mind.)
    The Origin of Storms | Communication

Yello!

Hi!

It’s us again!

Yeah. So... should this be shortened?

I guess so. I mean, this time we aren’t being quirky or anything.

Okay. So, where were we?

Kenta had been kicked out the lab.

Oh, yeah. On with the show...

PICASSO!

Chapteur Le Second
    —Meeting Mr. Pokémon! The Road to the Start!—

Outside the laboratory, Kenta found himself on the ground as the doors were shut behind him. Groaning, he picked himself up, and looked around. The small crowd had gone back into their random pacing, while that teenager was still there, giving off the same aura. The aide then stuck his head off the room and gave Kenta a note, stating that Mr. Pokémon’s house was to the north of Cherrygrove City. He sighed and walked towards the town’s exit, which wasn’t too far away; merely a few steps forward and then to the right.

Once he was out of the city, he noticed how the scenery easily changed; after a few steps, he was in a tree-filled plain with grass reaching up to his knees and several people walking around randomly as well. There were also some mounds separating the upper and lower areas that were short enough for him to cross over, yet everyone else he’d met, from what he had heard, tended to only cross these from the upper side.

As he walked around the corner of the dividing mound, a guy was running away from a small mix between a non-existing animal called the racoon and a wheel, which was obviously angry from being hit with a pebble. That creature, who was called a Sentret, jumped on top of the man and bit his head. “AUGH!” the man screamed, as the Sentret tried to suck his brains through his skull.

Kenta wasn’t paying much attention, however, so he didn’t hear the cries of pain and doom the man was screaming. Meanwhile, he noticed a strange sphere-like thing on the upper ground, despite the grass being all over it. “Huh? That’s strange,” he thought, before approaching it.

As he approached it, the spherical object turned out to be a purple liquid soap bottle that didn’t look like a sphere at all. Wondering to himself why did that happen, he decided to pick it up and put it on his bag, on the same pocket as the other one.

Turning around, he proceeded along on the path, while some guy was saying something about saving his progress to rest. Ignoring him, he noticed there was a building leading somewhere, but he couldn’t see past it for some reason. He decided to ignore it as well and head to the west, which was easy to do as the path progressed in that direction.

Soon, he found a weird-looking tree near a guy who was staring at his watch and waiting for something. Ignoring him as well, he looked at the tree, noticing there was a small berry stuck to a branch. After plucking it, he went down the mount and headed to the side, where he found a weird short old man sitting down and looking amusedly at a few women who were practicing off, on the square. He then realized he had finally reached Cherrygrove City.

There were megaphones all over the place, and they all played the same music, which was different from the one played in New Bark. Shrugging, he tried to walk ahead, when suddenly the old man stopped him. “Welcome to Cherrygrove, young man!” he said, in a cheerful tone, before noticing the single Pokéball Kenta had put on his belt. “Oh, you’re a rookie trainer, huh? I can tell! But don’t worry,” he said, noticing his look of pretty much despair, “everyone is a rookie at some point!” He then proceeded to laugh heartfully. Kenta shrugged, before trying to step ahead, but was stopped again. “Now, now, where are your manners?” the old man asked. “I have been alone for quite a while. What do you think of giving an old man some company?” he added, with a smirk.

Despite Kenta’s unease, he figured that he didn’t have much to lose, and so he nodded, trying to put up a smile. “Um, sure, I guess-” he started, before he got pulled by the man, in a comical image, towards a large building with a red roof.

“Now, that’s the spirit! Anyway, rookie,” he said, apparently not caring about Kenta’s name, “this here is a POKéMON CENTER. Here you can check the computers and the nurses and have your Pokémon’s energy restored for free.”

He then pulled Kenta towards another building, this one having a blue roof. “This one is a POKéMON MART. It sells all sorts of items for young trainers like you. Also, these are the best places for information... after the centers, of course.”

Kenta barely acknowledged that information, before getting pulled again, to the city exit. “This is Route 30 to Violet City, the first of many Routes in the future. You can find and catch Pokémon in there, and battle trainers.” Then he was pulled to the city lake. “This is the sea,” he said, as if it wasn’t just a small lake. “Many Pokémon can be found there.”

The old man pulled him away, staring at the women who were practicing along the way, and they stopped in front of a house that looked like every other house in the country. “And this is...” he started, before laughing for several minutes. “This is my house!” This comment caused Kenta to crash into the ground, in the same manner as Prof. Elm did that same day.

Slowly picking himself up, as he wasn’t used to quickmoving as the older man, he stared annoyed at his tour guide, who was laughing harder by now, to the point of tears. After a few moments, he reduced his laughter and wiped the tears away. “You know, thanks for making company to an old man in the ends of his life. Here’s a gift for you!” he said, before throwing a T-shaped card, which Kenta barely grabbed. It had a picture of Johto taped to it.

“This Map Card has data on all the cities and routes of the world. Have fun with it!” And with that, he entered the house and left Kenta, who was left alone. Turning around, he noticed that the women were staring at him for some weird reason. Their gazes seemed sharp enough to penetrate steel, and he didn’t want to test anything. “Um, if you don’t mind...” he hesitated, before running away from the city.

Outside, on what he considered a safe area, he went on his merry way, while, in the city, the women stared at him, now realizing that the man was safely at his home and not away enough so that they wouldn’t be leered by him. This led to them screaming in fear before running into their houses. Of course, this was unnoticed by Kenta, who had long started his trek northwards.

After a few moments of walking, he found a house with some funny fat guy in front of it who looked a lot like the other fat guy he had seen earlier. This guy seemed to be looking bored out of his mind. When he looked at Kenta, however, his expression changed into one of delight. “Ohoho! You must be a rookie, right?” he asked, happily.

Kenta sweatdropped. “Well... yeah,” he admitted. The man smirked.

“Well, I know the perfect help for you! Just take one of these-” he gave Kenta a berry, similar to the one he had found earlier, “-and you’ll have good luck in your journey!”

Kenta gave a weak smile. “Um, how do I use these?” he asked, curious. The man looked at him, confused.

“Don’t you know how to eat things? Just give one to your Pokémon whenever he’s weakened and he’ll do the rest!” He then laughed again. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to watch TV. See ya!” And with that, he went inside the house and locked himself in.

Kenta was about to leave as well when he noticed another tree just like the first one. Approaching it, he noticed there WAS a berry in it, as well, and he plucked it out before putting both berries inside his backpack.

As he walked away, towards the northern area, he decided to see how the Map Card worked. So he looked at his Pokégear, the only mechanical device he had, and decided to insert the card in the only slot available. It went all the way inside, until it reached the small area where the T-top would be, and then the device beeped until it was finished.

Sliding it off, Kenta pocketed it before looking up; there was a crowd surrounding some sort of battle between two boys wearing identical white shirts, blue shorts, and blue caps. Ahead of them were two big purple-and-white rats with long fangs and red eyes. Of course, Kenta only saw these once he actually pushed through the crowd.

The trainer closest to him was giving the actual order. “Rattata! Tackle attack!” he screamed, causing the rat ahead of him to jump forward and hit the other one, before jumping back. He then noticed Kenta, who apparently didn’t understand anything and was about to ask him something. “Do you mind? This is an important battle! I’ll take my revenge for the cookies he stole from me!” he told him, angrily, before turning his attention back to the battle, when the other Rattata did the exact same move as the first one.

Kenta was about to reply, when suddenly the crowd became thicker and he was pushed back, to the ground. He sighed and picked himself up. He had something better to do, definitely.

The rest of the path was short; Kenta could easily see a house surrounded by trees ahead. There was another tree, so he decided to go get the probable berry before going inside. However, this berry was a bit different, being greener and feeling a bit more itchy to the touch. Still, he pocketed it in his bag, as he would ask Prof. Elm about those later.

Afterwards, he walked to the door and entered it. Inside, there were lots of half-open drawers hiding clothing, although what it was he couldn’t discern. The trashcan was filled to the brim with... something. And he was sure there were some weird pictures on the computer which an old-looking guy, wearing a full suit, with top hat included, and a weird-looking beard, was using.

He walked forward, stepping over discarded photos, and approached the guy. “Um, are you Mr. Pokémon?” he asked, trying not to stare at anything. The man turned around, in surprise, and his beard fell lower, as if it was loose.

He stood up, surprisingly being shorter than Kenta expected, and took a step forward, before he noticed his beard was loose and turned around to fix it. This took a few moments, and soon he was turned around again, looking better. “Yes, I am Mr. Pokémon, although my close friends know me as Tajiri, and my close female friends know me as God,” he said, in a cheap imitation of an old man’s voice. “Do you have anything for me?”

Kenta shivered, but decided to keep his cool. “Uh, no. I’m here because Prof. Elm asked me to see the big discovery you made.” He hoped he wasn’t sounding too afraid or anything. “What is it?”

The old-looking man nodded. “Indeed, I, Tajiri, also known as Mr. Pokémon, have discovered something amazing regarding the mating acts of Pokémon! It is the most amazing thing you could ever believe!” he exclaimed, in a proclamation of his intelligence. Then he turned around, fixed his beard again, and took an egg-shaped... egg... from a drawer.

“I received this egg from a couple of friends of mine, who obviously were impressed with my smarts and good looks, and they told me it was found after a couple of Pokémon were left together for a while! Isn’t that some fantastic news?” he asked, obviously impressed with himself. Unfortunately for him, Kenta wasn’t.

“Couldn’t you have studied their mating habits before?” he asked, causing the old-looking man to crash into the ground, his beard falling away and revealing the horrible, horrible truth.

He was a young man who used platform shoes.

Quickmoving back to his previous position, he started to laugh nervously. “Hahaha... kids these days,” he said, before putting the egg in another pocket of Kenta’s bag. He was about to ask him why did he put it there, but he decided against it. As far as he knew, things like that were starting to become customary.

Just afterwards, another man came from behind a large computer set, where he was busy doing something, probably a fixing. He wore an uniform that was awfully similar to what Prof. Elm wore, but his shirt was red. His clothes were in disarray, and now that Kenta noticed, there was something sticking out behind the computer, but he couldn’t see it.

That man was the very known Prof. Oak, a major figure in the study of Pokémon. He was important enough to have his own radio program, television program, merchandising, and a lot more stuff he had rights upon.

He had just taken out some device from his coat pocket, a rectangular red computer that looked like a tablet. It also was made to open up, as the lines indicated. In the top, there was a small antenna with a camera on the point.

Oak smiled at Kenta, noticing how he was surprised. “Oh, don’t worry. I am just giving this version the final touches... I believe, from your stare, that you know who I am, right?” he said, in a reassuring tone.

Kenta nodded, causing the professor to laugh. “Well, that is to be expected, for I am Prof. Oak, POKéMON Professor extraordinary!” he explained, once he was done. Kenta would sweatdrop, but he had no time, as the professor noticed the small sphere hanging on his belt.

“Hm? Is that a Pokéball?” he asked. Approaching it closer, he confirmed his suspicions. “Yes... it is. That makes you a Pokémon trainer, and therefore you merit one of these!” He gave Kenta the device, which opened at once.

Greetings. I am Dexter, the main computer for the POKéMON Device of Entendre Xtreamlined, or POKéDEX. Please state your name, gender, place of birth, date of birth, favorite color, type of underwear, favorite-” it stated in a monotone, before Oak grabbed it and pressed a button, deactivating it.

“Sorry... There seems to have a problem with these new models. Sometimes they just don’t know when to stop...” he laughed nervously, before pressing a couple of buttons in the back. He then gave it to Kenta again.

“Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to head to Goldenrod for my show with DJ Mary- I mean, the show DJ Mary co-hosts with me. Good bye!” And with that, he left the house, climbing on a convenient Skarmory and flying away.

Kenta stared at his leaving form, before he decided that he had spent enough time there, and walked outside, while he fiddled with his new POKéDEX. Just as he had finished inserting the last bits of information, his Pokégear started to beep, before the cellphone system activated itself. Kenta moved his wrist to his ear, as if he was holding a cellphone with his hand, while he put the POKéDEX on his pocket. “Yeah?” he asked.

Kenta, this is horrible! I need you to hurry and come over here as soon as possible!” Elm’s voice cried in despair, almost hurting Kenta’s ear. He didn’t get it. Why was Prof. Elm acting so weirdly? He tried to talk back.

“Prof. Elm? Can you tell me what’s wrong?” he asked, confused. However, a few crashes and explosions blocked the answer. Elm’s voice came up desperate, soon after.

No! Stop! You have no right to-” he screamed, before the call was cut short for some reason. Only the sound of a dead phone remained.

Kenta slowly put down his arm, stunned. He looked at the screen. Only a ‘DISCONNECTED’ note blinked, back and forth.

He stood there for several moments, while it seemed to him as an eternity. Then, almost mechanically, he started to run away, all the way towards the next city. The crowd was nothing to him, and he barely noticed that he was jumping over the small cliffs, so wrapped up in what had happened.

Finally, he reached Cherrygrove, and was almost getting to the exit, when suddenly he bumped very hard on someone. As he tried to raise his head, he noticed that it was the same boy he had seen at the outside of Prof. Elm’s lab. The boy seemed to have recognized him as well, as the scowl he had almost constantly deepened. Kenta could almost feel the hatred he seemed to be giving him.

The boy stared at him, as he got up himself, and grunted before finally deciding to speak. “Get out of my way.”

Kenta gulped, but he took a breath. “Why should I?”

This caused the other boy to get angrier. “Because I’m telling you to. And you’re doing it and won’t complain, or you’ll regret it dearly,” he threatened, his low voice almost spitting venom.

Kenta almost took a step back, but he didn’t back down. “You were in the lab, weren’t you? Are you the reason why Prof. Elm was so nervous?” he asked, sure of the other boy’s guilt. This was proved when the boy angrily grabbed something from his belt – and now Kenta noticed he had a Pokéball as well.

“I told you to GET OUT!” he screamed, before he threw the sphere to the sky, causing it to open and let loose an energy surge, which soon took physical shape. It looked like a small blue crocodilian creature, standing in its hind paws. There were red scales sprouting on its back, and its torso was yellow.

Kenta’s POKéDEX beeped once. “Totodile, the big-jawed crocodile Pokémon. Height is 0.6m, weight is 9.5kg. Gender is male. It is small, rough, and tough, and chomps at any moving object it sees. Turning your back on it is not advised. Even its trainer must be careful.

Kenta took a step back, surprised. This proved to be a bad move, as the Totodile, who was dancing happily for a few moments, stopped, its eyes staring at him. The other boy grinned evilly. “Attack him!” he ordered, something the Pokémon understood easily.

He jumped forward, his claws ready to tear anything to shreds... or so it would seem.

And we’re done!

Don’t worry, peeps! The battle is on the next chapter!

And now, we’ll be working on something else. Seeya!

Oh, yeah, question we need answered: WHAT IS CRYSTAL’S CAP?!?!?!

What?

Stop it. Just... stop it.
    Last edited by Seijiro Mafuné; 3rd August 2007 at 5:08 PM.

I won something. Click above to find out why.

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Brilliant! I love the Swalot and Sentret things, G/S/C were great, and you're re-telling the story while making it funnier. The Mr Pokemon part was good too.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Excellent. Perv oldies for the win!

It was very fun and such. Loved the part of the old guy in Cherrygrove, and the Mr. Pokémon bit too. Those game tidbits were great as well. LOL at the sphere becoming a Potion.

And it ended in a deadly cliffhanger! I wanna see how the first battle turns out.

Noticed a few grammar mistakes, but I'm lazy to point them. Plus, grammar is meh IMO.

Will be waiting for your next chapter. Keep it up!

As for the Crystal cap... I'm as clueless as you are. =/

Another great and funny chapter. I especially liked the old perverted man of Cherrygrove and the women screaming out. Cant wait and see how the first battle goes.

Ah, the more I read, the more I like. Fwee for all the neat little details, shown for the bizarre occurrences they really are: the random ball that suddenly becomes an item; the "theme music" in the towns; the unsolicited egg-giving. Priceless stuff. ^^

My favorite moments in this chapter:

There were also some mounds separating the upper and lower areas that were short enough for him to cross over, yet everyone else he’d met, from what he had heard, tended to only cross these from the upper side.
    Ah, yes. Those silly ledges.

“AUGH!” the man screamed, as the Sentret tried to suck his brains through his skull.
    “This is the sea,” he said, as if it wasn’t just a small lake.
    Don’t you know how to eat things?
    “Couldn’t you have studied their mating habits before?” he asked, causing the old-looking man to crash into the ground, his beard falling away and revealing the horrible, horrible truth.

He was a young man who used platform shoes.
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK

YAY! Mating habits and ledges...lovely!

I adore your writing, can't wait till he gets to the first gym!

Loved Mr.Pokemon! LOL, keep it up.

~*Pair- Typhlogirl*~
    [CENTER]
    *~Currently Reading TWILIGHT!~*

I like it very much. You have very nice description and they contain laughs.
    I hope you continue writing, and I hope you won't be splashed with ice water (meaning: I hope you won't stop writing because of someone's venom words).

I can't wait until thee next chappie! ^_^

-

I don't care about what people write... although, and I am going to be serious about this... THIS FIC IS STOPPED UNTIL THE RATING'S LOW!!!!!!!!!!!! UNDERSTAND IT!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by video
    I don't care about what people write... although, and I am going to be serious about this... THIS FIC IS STOPPED UNTIL THE RATING'S LOW!!!!!!!!!!!! UNDERSTAND IT!!!!!!
    Okay, I didn't read your fic at all, but this message caught my eye. Maybe I missed something, but why do you want a low rating in the first place? O_o;;
    Maggots of Society: Chapter One Up!

Twins with Sike Saner! She loves to stay in the shadows.

The answer is that he has madness of the brain. I mean c'mon, he spelt funny with an e instead of a y. This gross mutilation of the english language is obviously the product of a diseased mind.

Or he just thinks he'll get lots of people reading it thinking it's a really a lame fic; after all, so called 'nOOb' fics always get loads of reviews. Or maybe he has self esteem issues annd thinks he only deserves a few stars.

Who knows?

In my opinion, the smart money is on option one, madness

And here we are, ladies and crows, with another chapter!

Last time, Kenta was about to be eaten alive by a Totodile.

And now we see the aftermath.

Chapteur Le Third
    —The First Battle! Cyndaquil vs. Totodile!—

Kenta was desperate. The other boy had clearly the intent of getting rid of him, and his Totodile had maybe a similar opinion. And unfortunately, that meant they were going to attack him!

As he retreated, his foot got caught in a small convenient hole, and so he tumbled to the ground, losing his footing. While it helped him avoid the Totodile’s attack, it didn’t help any when he was about to turn around.

However, in his fall, he had pushed the small Pokéball he himself carried, causing the shrinkage system to shut down, making the sphere grow large again. The motion also caused it to fly away, and so out of it came another Pokémon.

It looked like a small clawless mole, with a bright yellow-ish body, and having, over much of its body, a dark, asphalt-like skin cover. Its eyes were closed, and it had a small snout with no nose on the tip.

It landed on all fours, before flames erupted from its back, surprising the others, before raising his head and letting out a war cry.

Kenta’s POKéDEX flared to life again. “Cyndaquil, the fire mouse Pokémon. Height is 0.5m, weight is 7.5kg. Gender is male. It’s timid, always hunched over, and curling itself into a ball. If attacked, angry, or suprised, it flares up its back for protection. The fire that spouts from its back burn the hottest when it’s angry, as means to intimidate foes.

Kenta used that time to get back up and grab the Pokéball, as the other boy had switched targets. “Get that stupid mouse!” he ordered, which was obeyed just afterwards; the Totodile was running forward, his claws ready to scratch.

Taking out the POKéDEX, Kenta noticed how the visor was showing the two Pokémon, with energy bars to the sides. Checking around, he found an option he was looking for: “Moves”. Accessing it, he could see Cyndaquil’s current ‘movelist’ – and it only had two moves, Tackle and Leer. While he didn’t understand how the second attack would work, he at least had something to use now. “Cyndaquil, roll away and use Tackle!” he told him.

The small mouse did a funky barrel roll to the side that didn’t burn the grass below them, barely avoiding the sharp claws, and then used his hind legs to propel himself forward, delivering what most humans would call a shoulder tackle.

The Totodile took it in stride, but it was obvious that he had been hurt. However, he countered with a sharp slash using its fingernails. This strike was successful, and thus Cyndaquil was thrown backwards. However, the attack wasn’t strong enough to defeat him, and thus he easily stopped the movement, before kicking himself off the ground, in another tackle – but this time, it was aided by gravity. Kenta gulped, as he had not ordered another attack… what could have been this?

The Totodile tried, but couldn’t take the full strike, and was sent reeling backwards. Just as he was going to get up, he could see Cyndaquil delivering another attack… but he was unsuccessful, as the other Pokémon was called back into the Pokéball by the red-haired boy.

The scowl in his face was intense, and he was staring at the Pokéball, in mute surprise. Kenta was about to do the same as he did, but he stopped his motion as the other boy raised his head again. “Why… I shouldn’t have done this. It was a stupid weakness… I wouldn’t have lost!” he roared, more to himself than to Kenta. The young capped boy turned towards him as well.

“What–” he started, but was interrupted by the mysterious kid.

“You! What is your name!” he ordered, still burning in anger. Kenta found it hard to disobey him.

“It’s Kenta. What is yours?”

“Kenta, huh?” The boy put his own Pokéball in his belt. “…My name is Kamon. You had luck today… but that won’t happen again! Next time, I shall become victorious! You will see it!” he proclaimed, before running forward, pushing Kenta to the ground, and running away. Cyndaquil turned to run after him, but Kenta acted first.

“Cyndaquil, no! We don’t have time anymore… we have to get to the Professor’s lab!” he told the small nigh-blind mouse, who turned his head towards him, while the flames died. He then looked towards Route 29. “That boy… Kamon, right? I think he attacked the lab and stole the Totodile… I don’t see how else he would have gotten it. But… why?” he thought out loud. Cyndaquil approached him.

“<Aren’t we supposed to be getting to the lab? Hurry up!>” he replied, before running ahead. Kenta was stunned at the comment, but was more worried at the fact the first Pokémon he had ever owned was running away from his care. Instantly, images of his mother and of Prof. Elm came up on his mind, and they were pretty negative, with reminders of grounding and no food and arrests and-

“AAAAAAH! WAIT FOR ME!!!” Kenta screamed, maybe in response at the previous comments. Or maybe just because he noticed how far his Pokémon was. Either way, he sped behind him, hopping off the cliffs and avoiding the Pokémon.

Finally, after what seemed like a long while, they had finally gotten to New Bark. In a burst of speed, Kenta grabbed Cyndaquil, and raised it off the ground. “Hey, calm down!” he alerted him, as he barely avoided the flames rising off his back.

This order seemed to take effect, and soon the flames subsided. As Kenta raised his head, he noticed they were right in front of the lab. However, it was a lot different from usual, as it seemed to have been covered with yellow police tape. There was no visibility from the inside, although the door was open. All the Newbarkians were staring at it, wondering what was happening. In front of the lab, there was a motorbike.

As he went inside, Kenta noticed that every single inch of the walls was covered with yellow tape. Even the computers and the strange POKéMON CENTER machine were covered with yellow tape. As he looked left, he noticed that the professor’s aide was stuck to the wall, covered with yellow tape, stuck in what seemed to be the position of scrubbing with a broom.

Sweatdropping, he went towards the main room, where Prof. Elm – who wasn’t covered with yellow tape – seemed to be arguing with a police officer, who was not a blue-haired female adult, but a brown-haired male adult, apparently a lot older than Elm. They seemed to be in an argument about who screamed louder, given how their voices were getting louder and louder. By now, Kenta couldn’t make heads or tails of what they were screaming about. He was passing right before the officer when he was stopped. “Now hold it right there!” he said, in a gruff-yet-whiny voice. “There was a theft here! Nobody comes in or out before we find out who is the thief!”

Kenta gave the officer a half-lid glare, before he turned to Elm. “Prof. Elm, what was stolen, exactly?”

The young professor turned towards Kenta, wiping his brow. “Well, the Totodile I showed you… me and the aide tried to stop him, but he was too fast for us… let’s just say that I’ll have phone problems in the future and leave it at that, shall we?” he answered, partially pleading, and partially with a sore throat. The officer took out a notebook, and attempted to read it.

“According to the description, there was something about the thief being a very manly girl with long, flowing crimson hair and wearing a black uniform…” he said, after a few moments. Kenta gasped, as he remembered the past events.

“I know who the thief is!” he quickly replied, making the officer raise an eyebrow. “I just battled against him!”

The officer grabbed his shoulders, causing him to drop Cyndaquil, and shook him angrily. “You know who she is? Then tell us anything you know!” Kenta was surprised, with the air being knocked out of him, but he recovered quickly.

“His name is Kamon, and he is a boy! He wears a black sweater and purple pants, and he’s probably on the way to Violet by now!” he almost screamed on the officer’s face, but only managed to say out loud. The officer released him, before he left the lab, jumped on the motorbike and sped away.

Kenta was still trying to recover his standing, when Elm approached him. “Well, Kenta, I suppose this is the end of that matter… now, what did Mr. Pokémon want?” he asked, in the best tone he could muster for someone with a sore throat.

Kenta took out the egg from his backpack. “Well, he said this was related to mating or something similar… apparently, it’s a Pokémon egg.” Prof. Elm took it in his hands, and set it down on the table, where only the Pokéball with green buttons was left. The young professor turned back to Kenta, now acknowledging Cyndaquil on the ground.

“Hey, Kenta! Seems like you and Cyndaquil are getting to know each other better, huh?” he said, jokingly, as he lowered himself. The small mouse turned to Kenta.

“<What is he talking about? We’ve just met!>” he said, apparently annoyed at Elm’s suggestion. Kenta laughed nervously, but let it be. He picked Cyndaquil up, and used one of his hands to take the Pokéball.

“Well, I guess I should give it back to you, right?” He asked, even as he was about to activate the recovery system. However, Elm stopped him with his hand.

“Actually, Kenta, it seems that the two of you are having a good time together… and also, he seems to have taken quite a liking for you. I think it would be good if the two of you went in a journey!” he said, in that same tone that he had used earlier in the day, astonishing Kenta.

“B-but-” he started, but Elm interrupted him.

“You cannot imagine how proud you would make us all, by going on an adventure, meeting new Pokémon, facing Gym Leaders, and ultimately becoming the Champion!” he announced, as if he was telling the entire world about Kenta, making the boy grow very nervous. Just as he was about to reply, however, they were interrupted by a loud noise.

The door slammed open again, and in came a young lady, about Kenta’s age, wearing a white coat jacket over a red shirt, yellow shorts, and a pair of sneakers. On top of her blue hair was a yellow and gray knit cap, although it wasn’t really visible, due to the massive pincers her hair made, which was the effort of a lot of gel and special training.

Kenta paled as he saw her hair, as most people who met her did, since it looked like it was about to bite him. The fact that she had a smile wide enough to gobble a bunch of fruits might have helped.

She ran towards Prof. Elm, stars metaphorically shining in her eyes, as if she was in one of those romantic movie scenes where the male and the female are running through flowery fields to hug each other and kiss and do whatever they do in romantic movies.

However, her hopes were dashed as Elm sidestepped to the left, and thus her jump resulted in her crashing on the wall.

Elm turned towards her, apparently not noticing that he had caused her to crash on the wall. “Why, hello there, Marina! How are you today?” he asked, although it seemed to be a bit too fake. But maybe it was just Kenta’s hearing.

Anyway, Marina rose from her awkward position on the ground, and looked at the professor like he was the most amazing person on Nihiron. She nodded mutely, and stared at him dreamily.

Elm, however, would have none of that. “You do remember that you want to become a Pokémon Professor, just like me, right?” he asked, resulting in another nod. “Well, I have found a guide for you to help you on this task!” he continued, motioning to Kenta. This broke the spell over her, as she immediately became conscious of him.

“WHAT?!” she asked, surprised. “This boy is to take me around the country to help me become a professor?!” Kenta was as stunned as her, even if he didn’t say anything, for he was interrupted by the sound of ripping tape, just as the aide got himself off the wall. Cyndaquil had squirmed off his hands, and was now standing by his side on its hind legs.

“Well, I assumed that this would be the best option, given how I have followed Kenta’s recent progress, and I assume that he is the best option for a companion you could find,” Elm explained, in an appeasing tone. Just as Marina was about to challenge him, he raised his voice. “Are you saying that I am mistaken in my choice?” he asked her, who backed down.

She, however, was not finished yet. “Well, then… if I’m going with him, then at least let me have a Pokémon!” she demanded, now out of her cheerful mood. Elm nodded patiently, before taking the sole Pokéball in the table and handing it to her. She turned towards Kenta at once. “Well, now meet me up in the exit of the city in five minutes, understood?” she asked, with enough sharpness to cut a diamond. Kenta immediately jerked into a military stance, and replied positively. She turned towards the exit with a ‘hmph’ and left.

Cyndaquil looked up from the ground towards Kenta. “<Boy, is she always that noisy?>”

Kenta eased up, but she had made him nervous. He turned towards Elm. “Um, professor, are you sure that this is the best option? I mean, it’s your Pokémon I’m keeping, and she doesn’t seem to like me very much…” he told him, expecting something positive, even if it seemed unlikely.

Elm shrugged. “Well, you see, Kenta… Marina is a nice girl, but she just seems to be far too interested in becoming a scientist, and I’m not sure life in a lab is good for her. As for Cyndaquil… well, he likes you, right? Besides, you seem a natural at training. Maybe it wouldn’t be too bad for you to become a trainer…”

Kenta sighed. Everyone in New Bark was supposed to be a trainer of some sort, and all the elders were decided on making as many of them train to become champions. But… what about those people who didn’t want to become trainers? Why did they have to be forced to do such things?

Putting the Pokéball back on his belt, he took Cyndaquil back on his arms, and looked back at Elm. “Fine… I guess I’ll be going in this quest, then. It might even not take too long, right? I mean… it’s just a journey through Johto. Why would we take longer?” he asked, half-jokingly. Before Elm could reply, he turned around. “So… where should I take her first, then?”

Elm stopped himself, and then remembered the typical travel routes starting trainers used to take. “Well… you should go to Violet City first. And remember to talk to your mother before leaving, as you won’t be seeing her in a while. I’ll contact you if anything happens, okay?” he advised Kenta, who nodded.

“Fine, then, I guess we’re going to Violet City… see ya,” he said, before he headed off to exit the lab. However, he was stopped by the aide again. This time, he took five small Pokéballs from his coat pocket, but these were lacking the buttons.

“These are used for catching Pokémon. Don’t forget to buy extras if you need,” he told Kenta, before putting the spheres in another pocket of the backpack. Then, he pushed the two outside the lab again.

Well, it is done.

Next chapter involves the trek to Violet.

Also, there’s a reason why the battle wasn’t that much.

But that is a secret!
    Last edited by Seijiro Mafuné; 5th April 2007 at 8:12 PM.

Now dangit, this is one of the most well-written parodies out there - WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE READING THIS?!? Come on, folks, this is quality here!

Well, anyway, I like it. The writing stays solid, and the laughs keep coming. Anyone who's not reading this is missing out.

My favorite moments of Chapter 3:

“According to the description, there was something about the thief being a very manly girl with long, flowing crimson hair and wearing a black uniform…”
    XPPP Kamon, the "manly girl"...

On top of her blue hair was a yellow and gray knit cap, although it wasn’t really visible, due to the massive pincers her hair made, which was the effort of a lot of gel and special training.

Kenta paled as he saw her hair, as most people who met her did, since it looked like it was about to bite him. The fact that she had a smile wide enough to gobble a bunch of fruits might have helped.
    So true. Marina's hair is just...unnatural. It's not of God!

However, her hopes were dashed as Elm sidestepped to the left, and thus her jump resulted in her crashing on the wall.
    Nothing beats a good, hard SPLAT! ^^
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK

Another good chapter. Funny how the poor Aide was taped. XDD.

Nice intro of Marina as well. So you decided for knit cap at the end? Good. It was funny how she tripped too. Just lacked a bit of innuendo, though.

The battle was OK, but weird. A mystery? Now you have my attention.

Not much else to say. It's funny as always. Also, what the hell with Cyndaquil? It's very weird. XD. The bit of the police officer not being a Jenny was nice as well.

Will be waiting for the next chapter. Until then!

Great chapter. Wonder if Marina will warm up to Kenta anytime soon. Hope that Kenta sees the joy out of training pokemon.

As you requested... here is my VERY late review.

Anyway, I really liked the "taped" scene where everything and everyone was taped to the walls.

The "manly girl" part is also very funny. I'll give you that.

The battle was actually quite good, as well.

In fact, my favorite part is probably about the Cyndaquil. So far, it is a very interesting character. Having a Cyndaquil that just won't return quietly to its Pokeball after battle and that actually wants to participate actively in the quest is a nice change from the usual Pokebots and near-Pokebots that are found in most fics.

*hopes that you'll eventually get to poke fun at the "Pokemon like to be in Pokeballs" cliche*

Well, that's all. Awaiting the next chapter.
    =FEATURED STORY=

Rejected

In a seemingly condemned world, souls seek out the cure to a terrible Poison and end up finding more... much more. Truth can be painful, sometimes.

Ahem. Hiya!

Hi people! It's time for the one feature we didn't have yet!

Reviewing the reviews!

Pay attention, however, that we're reviewing as if we had JUST received the reviews.

Which means that we'll purposely unspoil it!

So, let's-a-go-go-go!

...Italian schwartz.

What?

-=-=-=-
    Chapteur Le First
    -=-=-=-

*Orion*
    Quote Originally Posted by *Orion*
    Hillarious. I like how this Fic took the same old story and added those funny twists all over. A few things felt kinda random, but not completely off. The best part? The narration. The narrator is funny in himself and makes remarks of his own. It was a bit lackey in description, but it wasn't half bad at all. After all, having too much description could ruin the feel.
    Well, I try, sir!

Yeah, you do. Meanwhile, I'm the one who fixes your mistakes.

Hey!

Well, who added the quips?

A few typos here and there, but the overall structure is fine. As for made-up words... that added to the comicy of it. Just keep them at line.
    Sir, no, sir!

Are you playing as Colin again?

Agh! Stop talking and get working on editing!

What? Advance Wars 2 is cool!

I SAID TO GET TO EDITING!!!

...and I thought I was the evil clone.

Now, my only complaint is the way of posting. It scrolled to the right for whatever reason. That's a major no. Just fix whatever could've caused that and it'll be OK. As is, it's a pain to read. @_@
    EDIT: It seems that just happens in Firefox, so, ignore it...
    You heard what I said.

So that means no worries for most of the peoples!

Still, this first chapter made me laugh quite a bit. Hopefully it remains like this. Good parody overall. Will be reading as it goes on. Keep it up!
    This was a parody?

Not that I heard of...

Klaus
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus
    *Jumps on and hugs.* I LOVE RAMBLING SENTENCS!
    You mispelt sentences.

Sei, please, leave the mime alone. He's normally mute and thus he makes several mistakes.

Whatever, moon boy.

MY GOODNESs, it made me giggle so much and you gave them such uniqueness and made of words..yay!
    Glad to be of assistance!

Well, most of it is my result!

Didn't I tell you to go back to work?

Oh, sorry, okay?!

THe only thing were a few typos and such but, heh, fix em and it'll be fine. ANyway, I loved it , like the colorful scene of gulpin and doduo. Take that you stupid bird!
    Swalot and Dodrio, not Gulpin and Doduo.

There you go again!!!

Brilliant.
    Why thank you!

He means us both.

Duh.

No, because mimes suck.

SEI!!! DO YOU WANT TO DIE AGAIN?!

Sheesh, shut up...

Zerodius
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerodius
    Well, I must say, that story do is funny.
    Do is unneeded.

SEI!!! AGH!

I especially like the dialogue between the hero and Elm.
    Heh, I try to please.

Men?

Shut up...

However, the colored introduction (with the author talking to itself) must go. It's bad, it's awful, it's... well, you got the idea.

Oh, no...

You... hate us?

Great, now either I shut him up and risk homoerotic fantasies from the fangirls or leave him crying. *BLAM*

OW!

... short review but well, anyway...
    Oy.

Vey.

I can't wait for the next chapter!
    Yay!

Nay.

Raichu Trainer Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Raichu Trainer Chris
    Swalot, and Dodrio cracked me up! add a lil bit of detial tho.
    Detail.

Silence, fool!

Hoenn Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoenn Warrior
    The opening chapter was very funny. A few spelling mistakes but thats ok. Looks like Elm is still to busy to leave his Lab since your basing this off the game. Cant wait to see the next chapter.
    Well...

Should I?

No.

Tale
    Quote Originally Posted by Tale
    I found it hilarious, great job Seijiro!
    What's up with that?

Erm...

I loved the Doduo scene at the beginning, so random, so funny, so cool.
    DODRIO, DUS!

The way you wrote this was also great, it was so entertaining to read, the characters are great and the ideas are great.
    Thanks, man! Praise is cool!

My favourite part - has to be the scene with Prof. Elm, especially where Kenta began to daydream, to be snapped back to reality by the worrying Prof. Elm. Hilarious.
    Well, it's drama.

Great job Seijiro.
    Again, I repeat. What's up with that?

Hey, look! Another reviewer!

Sike Saner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sike Saner
    XD Oh, man...Okay, that was good. I especially loved all the little narrative digressions - a memorable and entertaining narrator is always a good thing.
    Sweet, dude!

Um, she's a girl.

...what?

Quote Originally Posted by Sike Saner
    Favorite excerpts:

Quote Originally Posted by Seijiro Mafuné
    Anyway, Kenta, who was obviously the boy who has some strange importance, despite being a rather unknown character for the previous minutes, and therefore is listed here as the main character for reasons you don’t want to know about (YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THEM!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seijiro Mafuné
    Funny stuff for sure. ^^ Bossness.
    Heh, thanks for the praise!

Wait... she?

Silence, fool!
    Last edited by Seijiro Mafuné; 18th March 2006 at 11:55 PM.

Hi everyone!

It’s us again!

And now for today’s recap… Kenta has to take Marina on a trip.

Time for the next part, then.

Chapteur Le Fourth
    —Starting the journey! The path to Violet City!—
    -Part One-

After picking himself up, Kenta looked at Cyndaquil, who had fallen on his side and was staring at him angrily, as only a blind person could. “<Well, what are you waiting for, a Delibird? HELP ME!>” he squealed cutely, which made the scene quite awkward for Kenta.

“Um, sure,” he said, before he lowered himself and raised the small mouse. He was about to put it back on the ground when he noticed Ms. Maple off to bug another household, but she was approaching. Before the lady could see him and talk to him about the joys of training Pokémon, he sped towards his house, still holding Cyndaquil.

After a few seconds, he was just in front of it when he felt a tug from his sleeve. He turned towards Cyndaquil. “Yes?” he asked. Cyndaquil moved towards his shoulder and raised its flames right in front of his face, nearly burning it. Kenta screamed in fake pain, throwing his Pokémon to the air, who backflipped and landed on the ground safely, while Kenta fell backwards.

Then Cyndaquil walked towards him, although a bit dizzily. “<If you EVER do that again, I’ll… I’ll… oh, my MEW! I-*BLARGH*>” he said, before moaning and puking in Kenta’s shoes.

Kenta raised himself, although he tried not to stare at his feet. “Um… are you okay?”

Cyndaquil looked at him with a stare that mixed lack of humor and anger. “<Okay? I’m sick! Can’t you s-*BLURGE*” he replied, but stammered as he tried to stop himself from puking, not because of Kenta or anything, but because he didn’t want to let what was left on his stomach leave yet.

Kenta finished getting up, and quickly moved towards Cyndaquil, to pick it up. Soon afterwards, he pushed the door of his house open, hopped off his shoes, and ran inside, heading for the bathroom.

“Hi, Ken-” his mother started, but was interrupted by a ‘cantalknowtalktoyousoonseeya!’ as he entered the bathroom. Out of it, came several noises that were pretty much a full-on wrestling match. Then, everything silenced.

The bathroom door opened, and out of the darkness came smoke. Then Kenta came out holding a much better-looking Cyndaquil that wasn’t apparently sick. He then went to the table, and left the Cyndaquil on top of it. “Well… I hope that takes care of that. Oh, hi, mom!” he said, answering his mother’s call from earlier on.

She looked at him partially annoyed, but mostly curious. “Well, Kenta, that is a very cute Pokémon! Where did you find it?”

“Oh, Prof. Elm loaned it to me,” he answered, shyly. Cyndaquil turned towards Kenta.

“<This lady here at least knows her manners! Unlike certain people who have no clue on how to handle a Pokémon!>” he said, in an accusing tone. Kenta groaned, but didn’t reply; his mother was apparently thinking the comment was nicer than that.

“Well, I suppose you got saddled with the best of them! Speaking of that, what did he want?” she asked.

Kenta sighed. “I was supposed to go to Mr. Pokémon’s house get a discovery for him, and I got an egg. Then Prof. Oak gave me a Pokédex, and now I have to take a neighbor in a journey through the region.”

Fia smiled. “Well, isn’t that sweet? Now that you have a Pokémon and a Pokédex, you should be able to compete in the league!”

Kenta almost sweatdropped. “Why does everyone thinks I want to do that?” he asked, annoyed. Cyndaquil muttered quietly that he had not agreed to anything and that Kenta was to do whatever he was gonna do by himself. Kenta fought the urge to smack that little rodent’s head, since his mother was still in the room and there was the fact that about 90% of the good people in the world was against mistreating Pokémon.

His mother went on. “But then, you’ll be away for so long, and thus I’ll be all alone by myself, without having anything to do here…” Just as Kenta was about to say she wouldn’t be alone or without doing anything, as Ms. Maple had recently prepared her house to hold a luau or something, she cut in. “Oh, I know! I’ll be taking care of your money!” And, with that, she took a small card with a small hole sticking out of it and inserted it inside a different hole of the POKéGEAR. It stuck to the hole, and did not leave. “Now a part of your money will be sent through your Pokégear to my phone! Isn’t that sweet?” she asked, giving off a nice smile which made Kenta wonder just why he was related to her.

Cyndaquil snorted cutely, while Kenta just nodded mutely. “Oh, by the way,” she remembered suddenly, holding her chin with one hand and looking up (a position that made most of the men of New Bark cry in their sleep, since they couldn’t see her doing that quite often without pain), “I have a task for you…”

Kenta blinked. “A task? What is it, mom?” Fia smiled sweetly, and took a recently-baked cake and put it in his backpack.

“You are to be selling slices of cake to the people you meet in your journey, and to do so while remembering to bake more while you’re in a new town! And if you don’t make at least one sale before the end of the week, you’ll be grounded once the league is over, do you hear me?” she explained, making Kenta raise an eyebrow.

“What? Mom! I can’t be off selling cakes to people! They’ll think I’m a poor kid who has to make a living off food!” His mother, however, was irascible.

“Well, you should have thought of it before telling Ms. Maple that I was going to bake cakes for a sale.” Kenta groaned, but didn’t reply anymore – it was clearly useless.

Then Fia took Cyndaquil on her arms and gave him back to Kenta. “Now have fun, you two, and don’t forget to call!” she told them, before pushing them off the house, where Kenta tripped on his shoes and they flew upwards, before hitting a random kid on the face. The kid fainted immediately.

After a few moments where he got a second set of shoes from his backpack and put them on, Kenta took Cyndaquil to the exit of the town, where Marina was already waiting.

“What took you so long? My grandmother is faster than you to get to places, and she’s 95!” she asked, apparently still annoyed at the fact that she wasn’t staying at New Bark Town with Prof. Elm. Kenta sighed, while Cyndaquil kicked his arm for doing that.

“Well, I had a small mishap… and anyway, shouldn’t we be going anyway?” he asked, hoping that she wouldn’t be bothering him for the rest of the trip.

“Ah, so that’s how it’s gonna be, huh? Well, then, start the talking!” she replied, set on bothering him for the rest of the trip.

Kenta muttered something under his breath, before walking ahead. “Look, it’s not important, okay? I’m just a bit tired from earlier on.”

Marina followed him. “Tired from what? And what was that?”

Just as Kenta was about to reply again, however, a weird-looking guy stepped in between them, his eyes glazed. “Wow! You guys are Pokémon trainers, aren’t you?” he asked, in a half-monotone-half-imbecilic tone. The two sweatdropped.

“Well…”

“Of course!”

This brought apparent happiness to the weird-looking guy. “Well, you probably know how to catch Pokémon, right?” he asked, adding –half-hyperactive to the tone list. They didn’t have time to reply, however, as he seemed to get a response from staring at their bodies. “No? Not to worry! I’ll teach you!” he said, before he turned around, getting face to face with a Sentret which had some reddish taints on the fur surrounding its mouth.

“Ah-ha! Now I’ll show you how to capture a Pokémon!” he screamed for no reason, before throwing a Pokéball at the Sentret. It hit the Pokémon on the brown target in its center, making it double-back in pain, before becoming red energy and going inside the Pokéball.

It started to twitch a couple of times, a red light blinking with each twitch, until it made a ‘crackle’ sound. The weird-looking guy blinked. “What? That never happened!” he screamed loudly again, before the Pokéball exploded into pieces (two perfectly-sized halves) and the Sentret came out, before jumping on top of the guy and attempt to bite his head.

It was stopped, however, when a pebble hit it straight in the target, making it fall back on the grass. Marina, who was standing defiantly, with a fire on her eyes, smirked deeper. “Hey, you! Why don’t you face someone more worthy of your time, like me?” she asked, making the three males sweatdrop as it seemed she was attempting some odd mating ritual. Cyndaquil should really pay attention, he figured.

Just at that moment, the Sentret recovered, and prepared to jump again. However, Marina had just thrown a Pokéball at that moment. Expecting another attack, the Sentret hopped away, only to find that the Pokéball wasn’t aimed at him!

Partially on its flight, the Pokéball stopped and out of it came a greenish small animal that doesn’t really resemble any actual animal. On its neck there were several small pearl-shaped seeds forming a necklace, and there was a leaf growing out of its head. Cyndaquil gasped as he somehow… saw… the creature. “<What? Leda? What are you doing here?>”

Leda turned towards Cyndaquil. “<Oh?>” she asked, before realizing who it was. “<Flammie? You’re still out of your Pokéball?>” she asked, apparently remembering something funny. “<Still trying to become different? Come on, it won’t do you any good. No Pokémon can be better than me!>” she continued, laughing just afterwards.

Flammie, as it seemed that was Cyndaquil’s name, grumbled. “<Oh, great. Why did she have to choose her? It’s already bad enough that I have to travel with an idiot who can’t even train your Pokémon correctly, but you just had to bring the most lunatic of all Pokémon that were ever born?>” he demanded, turning towards Kenta.

Kenta sweatdropped. “Don’t ask me… Kamon took the Totodile, remember?” he explained, which made the small mole Pokémon turn away from him, his nose pointed upwards.

“<Hmph! Whatever… anyway, shouldn’t you be paying attention to your trainer?>” he asked Leda, who merely passed a paw over her leaf as if it was hair.

“<Nah, she can deal with this herself…>” she began, but was stopped by a harsh cry from Marina.

“Stop wasting time with that Cyndaquil and let’s fight this Sentret, Chikorita!” she demanded to the small green animal, who stared at her angrily.

Still, it seemed that she was going to obey for now. “<Fine, fine… but I’m Leda, not Chikorita!>” she told Marina, before turning towards the evil Sentret, frowning.

Marina smirked. “That’s the spirit! Now go off and use a Vine Whip attack!” she ordered, which made Leda turn towards her, blinking.

“<A Vine what?>” she asked, making Flammie and Kenta fall down on the ground laughing, while Marina fumed.

“What’s so funny, you two?” she asked, nearly breathing fire herself. Kenta began to rise, although he still was clutching his stomach.

“I… I think… I think that your Chikorita doesn’t know how to use that move…” he sputtered, trying not to reveal his true reasoning behind the laughter.

Marina bit her lip, trying not to show weakness, and snarled quietly. “Then what does she know?” she asked, her anger partially subsided.

Kenta turned on the POKéDEX, and checked the movelist. “Says here that the main attack she has is Tackle…” he told her, who regained her smirk.

“Fine, then. Chikorita, use Tackle on the Sentret!” she ordered, and Leda ran at her opponent, striking it hard on the chest.

“So, what is the deal between you two?” Kenta asked Flammie, who was now recovering from the laughing attack.

“<Well… we met when we were born, a while ago. The tree-headed guy who you call the Professor had been keeping us in the same incubators, and we ended up talking for a while.>”

Kenta nodded. “But that doesn’t explain why she acts so oddly…”

“<Well, see… it’s not really common knowledge among most people – Vortex, not even among most Pokémon – but if a Pokémon stays a tad too long inside a Pokéball, he gets… antsy.>”

“Antsy?”

Flammie nodded as well. “<Yeah. Some Pokémon get more violent, others more vain, others just go plain crazy… the latter cases are less common, but in general, if a Pokémon stays for too long inside a Pokéball… let’s just say it’s better to throw it in the sea or in an open fire.>”

Kenta sweatdropped. “I… see…”

Flammie would have laughed, but Leda began laughing triumphantly. “<Ohohoho! I have finally defeated this vile beast who would have threatened your journey, Flammie! And it was a hard battle, but I have succeeded!>”

Flammie… stared… at her, an expression of ‘I’m actually half-closing my eyes right now’ in his snouted face. “<Actually, it hasn’t been fifteen minutes, and your trainer told you what to do.>” Leda grumbled, and took a step forward.

“Do you want a piece of me, you stupid mouse?>” she snarled, making Flammie step forward as well, defiance clearly visible on his face.

“<I’m a mole, you self-absorbed Arcanine spawn!>” Meanwhile, the nearly-dead Sentret was about to hop on her, when Marina grabbed Kenta’s bag.

“Hey! Stop that!” he asked, but she merely opened a random pocket.

“Shut up! I need a Pokéball in order to capture this Pokémon, and since I know you, as a trainer, always would have one, I am going to take one of yours and use it!” she explained, eventually finding the Pokéball in time, and throwing it at the wheel/raccoon-shaped thing.

It bounced off harmlessly.

“What the- What is wrong with this stupid thing?” she demanded, as she took it on her hand – and, to her surprise, it was bigger than before. “…don’t tell me I threw a Pokéball without deactivating the shrinkage system.”

This was enough to make Kenta, Flammie, Leda, and the odd guy fall down, laughing harder than what would be deemed possible, tears coming out of their eyes.

She just grumbled, before throwing the Pokéball again, this time striking it, again, on the target. The Sentret cried in pain, its poor body having clearly taken all the punishment in that area thus far, and fainted while being absorbed by the Pokéball.

It didn’t even twitch, once it landed on the ground safely.

Kenta stared at it. “Um… is this normal?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. The guy shrugged.

“I dunno – nobody’s been either good or stupid enough to faint a Pokémon with the capture move before.” Marina grabbed him by the neck.

“Will you shut up already? Celebi, I have been travelling for not even an hour and I’m already angry at the random travelers! Let’s just get out of here before I get sick, Kenta!” she ordered, before dropping the guy on the ground.

Kenta sighed, and walked ahead of her. “Fine… by the way, I wouldn’t recommend for you to keep your Chikorita on the Pokéball,” he advised, which made her raise an eyebrow, but she merely kept quiet, and just pointed Leda’s Pokéball towards her.

“Chikorita, return!” she said, activating the recall system… but Leda hopped away, and turned towards her.

“<Oh, you little… can’t you see I’m far too sexy for my ball?>” she teased, making Kenta blush and Flammie snarl in anger. Marina turned towards Kenta.

“Well, what’s the deal?” she asked, ignoring the fact that Leda had begun to sing some freaky song about her Pokéball, in a funky tune, because she couldn’t understand Pokémon.

Kenta sweatdropped. “Er… she doesn’t like her Pokéball, I guess. That can happen with many Pokémon.”

Marina closed her eyes, and sighed. “Great… so how am I supposed to bring her?” she asked, making the capped boy pretend to be thoughtful.

“Well… you could either let her walk with you, or you could carry her. Whatever you choose.” Marina nodded, then looked at Leda.

“Hey, Chikorita! You’d better follow me, or no dinner to you!” she alerted, before walking ahead, knowing she had her attention… and she did.

“<Hey, idiot!>” Flammie called to Kenta, who was beginning to follow them. Kenta blinked.

“What is it?” he asked, wondering how he got his Pokémon – Prof. Elm’s, he reminded himself – to dislike him so badly. Flammie walked closer to him.

“<Why is it that your alpha female is so lacking, when compared to that nice lady who gave us food?>” he asked, which made Kenta blink for an instant, before deciphering the sentences.

“…what?” he sweatdropped, his eye twitching, and the urge to just throttle that stupid Cyndaquil already and drop him in the closest river growing.

And… we’re done!

For now, anyway – else, it’d be TOO EFFIN’ LONG!

Well, sorry for the delay… but hey, look on the bright side! Now you’ll have something to distract yourself while waiting for any new fics!

Yeah. SO READ MY FICS!

And mine, too!
    Last edited by Seijiro Mafuné; 4th August 2007 at 8:07 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast