Thread: White 2 Team Rate?

Default White 2 Team Rate?

Merry Christmas everyone! I just got Pokemon White 2, and i obviously havent beaten it yet, but i have a good team being planned out. Im not sure if the Elite 4 is any different, and i refuse to spoil the suprise by googling it. So just tell me if i can improve my team, and tell me how it stacks up.

Current Team:
    Pignite
    LV 19 w/ Charcoal
    Quirky/Blaze
    Tackle
    Flame Charge
    Rock Smash (It evolved at lv 18)
    Odor Slueth

Riolu
    LV 19 w/ Destiny Knot
    Impish/Inner Focus
    Foresight
    Quick Attack
    Endure
    Force Palm

Magnemite
    LV 19 w/ Metal Coat
    Modest/Magnet Pull
    Thunder Wave
    Supersonic
    ThunderShock
    Magnet Bomb

Sewaddle
    LV 16 w/ Exp Share
    Gentle/Chlorophyll
    Razor Leaf
    String Shot
    Bug Bite
    Cut

My Plans:

Emboar
    LV ?? w/ ???
    Quirky/Blaze
    Brick Break
    Flamethrower
    Wild Charge
    Grass Knot

Lucario
    LV ??/ Black Belt
    Impish/Inner Focus
    Aura Sphere
    Earthquake
    Return
    Rock Slide

Magnezone
    LV ?? w/
    Modest/ Magnet Pull
    Flash Cannon
    Thunderbolt
    Signal Beam
    Hyper Beam/Tri Attack

Leavanny
    LV ??/
    Gentle/
    Leaf Blade
    X Scissor
    Swords Dance
    Aerial Ace/ Shadow Claw

Vaporeon
    Lv ??/ ???
    ???/ Water Absorb
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Aqua Ring

Zoroark
    LV ??/ ???
    ???/ Illusion
    Night Daze
    Flamethrower
    U Turn
    Aerial Ace

I l know you can get Eevee in Castelia city, and i heard that you can get zorua later on. I searched a bunch on bulbapedia for movesets and whatnot. So what levels should I be at? Recommended natures for Vaporeon and Zoroark? Moveset changes? Hold Items? How do I stack up to the Elite 4 (Dont tell me what they use, just tell me the types)? Much appreciated and happy holidays!
    I AM NERDZ! YOU SHALL OBEY ME OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosPMC View Post
    My Plans:

Emboar
    LV ?? w/ Life Orb
    Quirky/Blaze
    Superpower/Hammer Arm
    Flare Blitz
    Wild Charge
    Scald

Standard MixBoar. Use Hammer Arm if you don't care about Speed or Superpower if you will switch out after atking.

Lucario
    LV ??/ Black Belt
    Impish/Inner Focus
    Aura Sphere/Close Combat
    Ice Punch
    Shadow Ball
    Work Up

Work Up to boost both attack stats, Ice Punch for Iris and Drayden, Shadow Ball for Caitlin and Shauntal, and Close Combat/Aura Sphere for Grimsley.

Magnezone
    LV ?? w/ Leftovers
    Modest/ Magnet Pull
    Flash Cannon
    Thunderbolt
    Signal Beam
    Volt Switch

Leavanny
    LV ??/
    Gentle/
    Leaf Blade
    X Scissor
    Swords Dance
    Aerial Ace

Vaporeon
    Lv ??/ ???
    ???/ Water Absorb
    Surf/Scald
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Aqua Ring/Acid Armour

Zoroark
    LV ??/ ???
    ???/ Illusion
    Night Daze
    Flamethrower
    U Turn/Focus Blast/HP Fighting (after E4)
    Nasty Plot

I l know you can get Eevee in Castelia city, and i heard that you can get zorua later on. I searched a bunch on bulbapedia for movesets and whatnot. So what levels should I be at? Recommended natures for Vaporeon and Zoroark? Moveset changes? Hold Items? How do I stack up to the Elite 4 (Dont tell me what they use, just tell me the types)? Much appreciated and happy holidays!
    Zorua is right after battling Sage Rood. Zoroark will always come with a Hasty Nature.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Vaporeon is great with Modest or Bold Nature.

As for Zoroark, considering its Hasty Nature, 105 base Attack, and 30 Attack IV, having at least one physical attack may be a good idea.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

To add onto azeem's rate, go with Dark Pulse > Night Daze on Zoroark for the slightly better accuracy and the fact that Dark Pulse is a move tutor move and hence you'll get it earlier than Night Daze (Lv 64). Also, definitely HP [Fighting] > U-turn; the Zorua you get in-game comes with the right IVs for HP [Fighting], which gets almost perfect neutral coverage alongside Dark Pulse.

Zoroark has the stats, IVs and nature to go mixed. You could go with U-turn > Nasty Plot and Night Slash as your STAB move if you want, as well. If you go with Night Slash, you should also go with U-turn.

You could go with Toxic as the last move on Vaporeon, I suppose.

azeem's Emboar set is good although Life Orb + two recoil attacks will hurt you quite quickly so it might be best to stick with Flamethrower > Flare Blitz.

Also, you might want to try and get a Sturdy Magnemite instead of the Magnet Pull Magnemite you currently have, as Sturdy is a fantastic ability.

My Plans:

Emboar
    LV ?? w/ Expert Belt. With Rock/Fighting/Fire you get a lot of super effective hits, so this is the best ingame item for a mixed set.
    Quirky/Blaze
    Brick Break You need battle points for this tm, which can get frustrating pre-elite 4 because you got to farm the pokemon world tournament which gives you only 1 BP at a time if I recall correctly. Stick with Hammer Arm if you don't mind the speed loss, or Superpower (you're mixed anyway, so you shouldn't mind the attack drop too much).
    Flamethrower consider Fire Blast. it's accurate enough and it makes up for the lack of a boosting nature.
    Wild Charge If you get Rock Slide, you'll have no problems with flying types, and recoil ain't that great for a 90 base power move (they usually get 120+). consider Flame Charge, it works pretty well ingame on a mixed set.
    Grass Knot On BW2, this is a post elite 4 tm. Rock Slide is a pretty solid option.

Lucario
    LV ??/ Black Belt < post elite 4 item. suggesting a Shell Bell.
    Impish/Inner Focus
    Aura Sphere
    Earthquake
    Return
    Rock Slide

This set looks confusing. First off, you're Impish nature, meaning you definitely want Force Palm and then Close Combat over Aura Sphere. Then, Return doesn't help you at all, Earthquake gets very redundant coverage with your fighting type move, not to mention it's a post elite-4 tm. Seeing your nature, my suggestion is a SD set with Close Combat, Rock Slide and something like Ice Punch, Iron Head, etc. for more coverage or just a solid secondary STAB that doesn't lower your stats.

Magnezone
    LV ?? w/ Magnet (go xzibit puns)
    Modest/ Magnet Pull
    Flash Cannon
    Thunderbolt
    Signal Beam
    Hyper Beam/Tri Attack Not useful at all. If you want a chance to inflict status use Discharge over Thunderbolt (and you will anyway, because t-bolt is a lategame TM), you can also run Thunder Wave for a very useful support move in both battles and legendary catching, as well as Volt Switch, Charge Beam, etc. There's plenty of TMs that can fill the last slot, and they're reusable so you can just swap to the most appropriate one when you need it.

Leavanny
    LV ??/
    Gentle/ Nature is pretty random. Ideally, you want Adamant or Jolly.
    Leaf Blade
    X Scissor
    Swords Dance
    Aerial Ace/ Shadow Claw

Pretty straightforward, and it works.

Vaporeon
    Lv ??/ ??? Leftovers, you can get them pre-elite four and this is your most reliable wall-ish poke.
    Calm/Bold / Water Absorb You have sweepers, tanks etc, so I'd go with a more defensive approach on this one. Calm is +sp def - att, Bold is + def - att (recommended).
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Aqua Ring Waste of a moveslot, I'd go with Toxic if I were you. There's always healing items.

Zoroark
    LV ??/ ???
    Hasty / Illusion
    Night Daze Dark Pulse. you'll get it 30 levels earlier as a Tutor move, totally worth it. Flinch chance and perfect accuracy easily beat 5 more base power.
    Flamethrower
    U Turn
    Aerial Ace Low Kick, Brick Break (requires a little PWT farming), Hidden Power Fighting (Best option, requires a little PWT farming).

The event Zorua will always have a Hasty nature, 30/31 IVs and Fighting as its Hidden Power, with maxed base power (70). If you will spend some time at the PWT, try and get hidden power. Seeing as you have two boosters already on your team (if you follow my suggestion), I wouldn't care much for Nasty Plot. But you can always go full special with NP/HP Fighting/Dark Pulse/Flamethrower for a very effective set.

Well, first team that actually looks normal in a while... Suggestions in bold.

The Eevee you get for free in Castelia with the dream world ability is post-elite4 material. you can, though, catch wild Eevees in a new area in Castelia. Zorua is a gift pokemon in Driftveil (with fixed trainer ID, nature and IVs, counts as traded).

Last but not least, you could check the ingame tiers thread in this section for a nice overview on what you can catch ingame, when, and how useful it can be.
    Last edited by edonub; 26th December 2012 at 9:14 AM.

That's a great team, if you can stick thru with it. And I agree, Vaporeon is great with Modest or Bold Nature.