Hello everyone, and welcome to the thirteenth season of Pokémon Universe, which over the course of three and a half years and twelve seasons has crowned six very deserving winners – Rosso, Tori, Dash, Celeste, Evva and Iris, all taking home a grand prize of 1,000,000 PokeDollars and the pride and respect of fellow members – and has been the start of friendships, rivalries, romances, and drama. Hopefully, this season, run by myself and Ruby XIII (as Wormow seems to have vanished yet again), will be no different.
This season will be focused on luck – one spin of the roulette could change your destiny, and greatly increase or decrease your odds. Challenges will be more challenging and creative than ever, ranging from the usual writing tasks to something more complex like making videos, but beware of what the gods may have in store for you; unexpected twists and turns may suddenly veer you off course. We will also be reintroducing the concept of teams this season; depending on who you are teamed up with, your chances of winning could be drastically changed. Will the odds be in your favour? Only time will tell…
...Anyway, crappy introduction aside, allons-y!
- You must be active on a regular basis (daily), be able to check the thread and be able to do all the challenges and anything you're told to do.
- Keep in mind that this is a challenge game, not an RP game, and that the challenges will not be limited to just writing.
- All Serebii Forums and Game rules apply.
- Once you've been eliminated, you're allowed to make another two posts with your 'goodbye' message before you're officially eliminated from the game.
- Be creative, and use your own ideas for any challenge. However, plagiarism (stealing someone else’s work) will NOT be tolerated; as soon as we find out, you WILL be kicked out and be banned from all future seasons, and a mod will be notified of the situation.
- Feel free to roleplay in character and bring it to life. There’s no specific limit to the amount of roleplaying you can do, but please don’t go overboard and post like ten pages worth of posts in one day.
- You must vote for someone to be eliminated, no matter what. No vote will result in a strike.
- You must always include a reason when voting in elimination (a minimum of 15 words). Otherwise, the vote will be considered null.
- Please use your icon (Pokémon sprite) while PMing and RPing.
- Please listen to the host/co-host; any arguments/problems can be settled in PM. Be respectful.
- You will get 2 strikes maximum this season, and then you get the boot for this and any future seasons.
- No Italian. Honestly, no Italian.
Breaking any of these rules will result in a strike, obviously. Three strikes and you're banned from this season and the next.
- Major Challenge: Is usually first in the week, every person participates in the contest as a team. The winning team usually wins power or an advantage at the Point Meter. Examples of challenges are course challenges, drawings, essays, translation, etc. The time limit is 48 hours.
- Uni Challenge: Uni Challenge is a tempting challenge and is optional, as well as simpler than the Major Challenge. The prize is usually Immunity or something else that's favourable. Entering the Uni Challenge is risky due to the hidden point restrictions it may give. The time limit is 24 hours.
- Team Contest: Each team must offer up one person from their team to participate in the contest. The winner of the contest will receive power that will affect the other teams. One cannot participate in the Team Contest more than once in a row. The time limit is 48 hours.
- Roulette Challenge: One person is chosen at random to complete a challenge, usually a quiz or a writing challenge, in the space of 24 hours. If successfully completed, they will be awarded a boost in points, but failure to do so will result in a point deduction instead.
- Interview: At the end of the week, usually before the Point Meter, each contestant does an interview. It is usually an overview of the week, and the contestant's opinion on what has happened so far. These interviews may influence our decisions, but don’t let that deter you from telling the truth!
- Teams: Up until Week 9, there will be four teams: the Sky Team, the Sun Team, the Star Team, and the Moon Team. The members of the teams will be randomized at the start of every week. Every team will have at least two members at any time, and the average scores of each team will have an impact on who receives Immunity and who is eliminated (more on those later).
- Point Meter: Contestants will be awarded points for each challenge they complete, the amounts varying according to the quality of the entry. The Point Meter, which is shown at the end of each week, will show the scores of all the contestants, including the average scores of each team.
- Elimination: At the end of the week, the members of the worst performing team (based on the average score) will be put up for voting from the rest of the members. Based on the number of votes each nominee receives, their names will be put into an RNG, to determine the person eliminated: eg. A gets 2 votes, B gets 4 votes, C gets 5 votes, and D gets 1 vote. Then the numbers 1-12 will be RNG’d, and if numbers 1-2 are chosen A is eliminated, if numbers 3-6 are chosen B is eliminated, etc.
- Immunity: Immunity prevents a contestant from being eliminated. The members of the top performing team at the end of each week will automatically be granted Immunity for the next week; Immunity will also sometimes be given out as rewards for challenges, usually the Uni Challenge.
- Items: Items will play a greater role in the game this season than ever before, with most of them altering one’s odds of winning the game, and there will be a large variety of items to use. A list of these will be added as the items appear.
- Featured Contestant: The top performing contestant at the end of each week will have their names displayed on the front page, and will receive an Item (see above) as their prize. To keep things fair, one cannot be the Featured Contestant twice in a row.
Basculin Cards: The user creates a competition within all members of its team, including themselves, which will be judged by the GMs (Azran Flame and Ruby XIII), and the loser is eliminated - however, the user themselves isn't immune to elimination, either. Spinda Bracelet: The user swaps their team with another randomized player.
Iris, the winner of Season 12, as well as an inventor with a strong reputation (Azran Flame)
Charles, a talented yet arrogant, stuck-up and confident gentleman (Ruby XIII)
Prince Allister (Feralninja)
Leo (Monster Guy)
Legion (Billy Mays)
Cassidy Donatello (GalladeofSpades)
Ramona St. Claire (Armando Payne)
Personality: very solitary. He wears headphones 24/7 to block out everything and everyone. He knows that he was killed but has amnesia and remembers very little about who he was. But he remembered that he hates attachments and prevents himself from getting close to anyone. He is forever searching...for his own killer.
Reason For Joining: because it looks fun and I missed out on secrets.
Other: He has amnesia. His most prided possession is his headphones. Don't be supprised if you say something and he totally ignores you. He just wants to find out who he was and will go through anyone to do it. He constantly goes to a position with his arms crossed, his head down and his foot tapping to the beat of the music on his headphones. He might tell you what he is listening to if you ask really carefully.
Last edited by ansem the wise; 28th December 2012 at 7:35 PM.
While I dislike confrontations, I find the idea of a puzzle battle to be quite alluring. Or to use a colloquialism: Please bring it. ~ Professor Layton
Personality: Venolta is a ventriloquist who controls her smaller bodies using ventriloquism. Each part of her body takes on a different personality even though they are all technically part of her. Venolta ran away as a young Koffing to search for who she really was. She lived on the streets for a long time until she developed her ventriloquism act in order to make a living. She later joined a small carnival in order to search for the void she created when she left her family. She currently lives with a Shinx Tamer who she barely knows.
Reason For Joining: To make enough money to leave the carnival life behind.
Other: Venolta always brings with her balloons, in which she exhales gas into it which can sometimes make it float even higher than helium. She often travels by balloon.
Personality: Leo is a bright cheerful Pokemon. He's an eternal optimist, and always looks on the bright side, no matter how bad things seem. A genuine nice guy, he enjoys talking to people, and making new friends. He can sometimes be too nice, to the point of gullibility, and is often taken advantage of because of it. He has trouble sitting still and focusing on one thing at a time. While it is difficult to anger him, he can be quite dangerous when provoked. However, he is quick to forgive afterwards.
Reason For Joining: It looks like fun!
Other: He really like cute things.
Personality: Gaias is one of little words, observing the world in silence and constantly plotting ways to free his master. Believing words little more than fleeting thoughts, he only speaks when he deems it necessary. When he speaks he attempts to do so in a friendly matter so he doesn't turn people off, however this doesn't always go as well as he might want to. He holds no particular dislike for people who disagree with him or his cult's ideas, but from those who joined him he demands utmost loyalty.
Reason For Joining: He hopes to find followers for his cult, and to win the money so he can use it to fund his cult.
Other: He likes his mask to be shiny and will try to keep it clean as much as possible.
Name: Prince Allister Imperia SanClare Du Amaranth
Personality: Once a very benevolent soul. Recent events in his past have hardened him, and while he is generally kindhearted and gentle, he will occasionally lapse into a very vengeful and angry state. He loves nothing more than good literature, beautiful music and a fine wine.
Reason For Joining: The prize money will be enough for him to finance an army to help him retake the usurped lands of Amaranth, from which he has been exiled and where his sisters are still held captive
Other: Due to his upbringing, Allister has very formal diction.
Last edited by Firebrand; 26th December 2012 at 3:26 PM.
Personality: Ezel is a stoic warrior and former leader of a country. He was originally the head of the country's army when their king had gone mad with power and started a 10 year war. Ezel, out of concern for his subordinates and the people of the country, was forced to kill the monarch and took his place as the country's new leader. As the new leader, he immediately ended the war and forged treaties with the countries involved, accepting the blame for the start of the war. He was an understanding and benevolent ruler, as most of his policies were geared toward rebuilding the country and the army. He treats everyone with equal respect, no matter who they are and is willing to take the blame if anything happens to go wrong. Ezel is normally very calm and only uses force when necessary. His training proves he's a force to be reckoned with, as he can hit like a truck and will be in your face with his bone before you know it.
Reason For Joining: He wanted to go on a journey out of his country to see the world not bathed in war. He thinks that PU can help him meet others with different outlooks on life.
Other: The skull on his head is shaped like a ram's skull, his left eye glows red when he gets aggressive or angry(though this barely happens), will set his bone club on fire when fighting if necessary, and wears a stylized red and black uniform from the country's army.
Last edited by Grim Heaper; 26th December 2012 at 6:05 PM.
Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!
(OOC: I said In Twelve I was joining with Venus next time, so here she is!)
Name: Venus Lis Espérer (Call her Venus)
Personality: Venus is a cold individual, more focused on keeping things secret and on her research more than anything else. She sometimes doesn't comprehend emotion, unless her boyfriend Mercury is around. When she is around Mercury, things do change a little bit, she's more sympathetic and worrisome about him then anything else. She's a genetic scientist and loves to research anything to do with life and how life is made up. Of course, she wasn't always like this. When she was younger, everyone teased her because of her poor eyesight and black flower on her head, which had her as a depressed individual. She always had a hope that someone would accept her, but her wishes sadly led to what she was today. She can often be heard crying, and humming music. Besides researching and being alone, she often hums and composes music. Though, she prefers to write lyrics to soundtracks already out there then actually making her own music, as she feels she doesn't have the proper tempo to create them. She also has an underlying hope that she will truly meet more people who will accept her as who she is, not as who they want her to be.
Reason For Joining: I do need to finish up Mercury's Story arc after all, and I want to play through the complete game this time, and I need to introduce the last Character in full of my Scientist Quartet. Also, I like this is really luck based. Venus' Reason: To win the grand prize to help cure Mercury.
Other: She wears glasses due to having poor eyesight, and her flower on top of her head is black.
Last edited by Lost Requiem; 26th December 2012 at 9:00 PM.
Chapter 2: 0%| Chapter 2: 4% (Credit to Shadow for Buttons))
Personality: Xero is an alien from a distant planet that is currently at war. Xero was in his spaceship ready to defend his planet, but he soon crash landed on Earth (or where ever Pokemon naturally live.) He doesn't really understand what most others consider "normal" and strives to live the same way he used to. Because of this, everybody else thinks he's weird and/or mentally insane. Regardless, Xero is quite intelligent when he understand the subject, and is intrigued by different genres of music.
Reason For Joining: This game looks fun and I've wanted to try one of these games for awhile.
Other: Xero always carries at least two ray guns with him in case he can get his spaceship to work again. So... Be careful around him.
Name: Cassidy "Captain" Donatello
Personality: Cassidy is a cunning, remarkable strategist, capable of conning multiple people. He is intelligent, witty, practical, sarcastic and strict, in a military fashion. He has performed multiple missions, always successful. However, he has retired from his small, criminal ways. That doesn't mean he still doesn't, say, conjure schemes to rob a bank for fun. Or not execute them. He just does it as a hobby. He's also crazy prepared for everything. And I mean EVERYTHING.
Reason For Joining: He needs the money to fund one of his schemes.
Other: He is currently a bodyguard for a famous Italian Dukedom. *coughcoughBELLAMIAScoughcough*
Last edited by GalladeofSpades; 26th December 2012 at 7:37 PM.
The banner is courtesy of Mochi10, from Brutaka's Fly High Request Shop.
Personality: Legion is the collection of several souls, and his personality changes depending on who is speaking. When no one in particular is speaking, Legion speaks in a booming voice and refers to himself in the third person. Legion himself doesn't have much of a personality beyond wanting to serve its own personal interests but sometimes one of the souls that make up Legion will take control.
Leonidas was a Scyther who was a knight from around seven centuries ago who died in battle. He is generally indifferent about most things, but belives that it is his duty as a knight (or rather a spirit of one) to fight evil and protect the innocent, whenever he can. He is easily confused by technology, and it is one of the few things that frustrates him.
Johnny "Wise Guy" was a Sceptile who was an enforcer for the mafia a couple of decades ago who died in a shootout between the mafia and the police. He's decietful and sly by nature, and often tries to take advantage of people for his own selfish desires. He is also a womanizer.
Mary Anne was a Ponyta who was the daughter of a farmer who died a few years back from a farming accident. She's a kind and gentle person who loves to make friends, and also is a hard worker. She loves to cook, which is a personal passion of hers. Her family is still alive, and she hopes to one day see them again (if she can convince the other souls to comply).
Terrance was a Gabite who was a serial killer who died two decades ago from being executed. He goes through mood swings and will change how he acts from one moment to another. He is a sadist, and will occasionally come up with plans to murder someone in the most gruesome way he can think of. Fortunately, the other souls that make up Legion keep him in check...most of the time.
Reason For Joining: It was mainly Johnny's idea to join in the first place. Still being obsessed over earning money, he signed up for the show before any of the other souls could stop him. Eventually he was able to convince them to go along with it as well however.
Other: Legion's voice is normally a loud booming voice that sounds somewhat ethreal, but its voice changes when a particular soul takes over. Legion can also reshape parts of the spiral aura on his body into objects, but it mainly uses it to turn into hands in order to pick up things.
If you like Pokemon (which you obviously do if you're on Serebii), and you like text RPGs, then you should join the Regalis Region RPG! Tell them Billy sent ya!
Personality: Omen is serious in anything he does and always strives to reach his goals. He is very competitive; games bring out his dark side. He tries to do whatever it takes to win. Overall, he really is a friendly guy and tries to get along with others. He's still very wary of others, being careful and analytic. He pays attention to detail and asseses the information he gains. He's secretive, and hides his true personality, which is partly brought out in competition.
Reason For Joining: To test out his luck, which hasn't been the best in his past.
Other: The horn on his head is very sensitive
Last edited by SenorLaughsaLot; 26th December 2012 at 10:33 PM.
Name: Ashley Williams
Personality: Ashley is quite kind, she cares about almost everyone around her in a way she really can't explain. She's intelligent, not falling for most people's tricks, however she pretends to be quite naive to play people to her advantage. She's competitive, wanting to try and do anything to best the competition and win this for herself, however she loves making friends and will probably try to make a little group on the show.
Reason For Joining: To meet new people, and try to win.
Other: She always wears a red scarf.