Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Universe Season 13: Roulette

So, when are you going to reclaim your lost emerald from the Americans? Or whatever Ye Olde Moderne Englishe Ohe Heare Ye, Heare Ye, whenceforth are ye? See, I'm speaking Gallade. Ye Doth Protest Too Much, Yar?
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Argh! No no no no! *Throws a bottle with colorless fluid on the ground* Dumb formula! This isn't what your effects should be! Instead of turning my Oran-Sitrus-Cheri smoothie in a feast for the eyes, mouth and nose, you got rid of all colors, all smells and even the delicious combinations of flavors! Why oh why can science be so cruel! *sigh* Then lets just drink the vile unchanged brown colored smoothie... At least the taste is nice. This is the last time I will be doing liquids... For now.
    The absence of fear does not mean the presence of courage…
    Merely a lack of brains…

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Ah, and who art thou to say that living according to our old ways is wrong? All my life, I heard tell of the lands beyond Amaranth wracked by poverty and disease, where many often go to bed hungry. Others are killed by the war machines scientists such as thyself build, or by plagues thou dost engineer. Thy fruits and vegetables are grown in laboratories, with chemicals. Brothers become enemies over trivialities like oil and gold. I had always assumed these were mere ghost stories, greatly exaggerated, but my exile hath proved me wrong. These horrors are all too real. It doth seem to me, my lady, that thy way of life breeds little but hatred and chaos. That is no way to live. In Amaranth, yes, we do not have such towering buildings as thou dost. We do not have scientists and engineers slaving away developing new and greater weapons. But we live happily, and in peace. In Amaranth, there are those who have more, but almost none of my countrymen lived in poverty. We are isolated by the mountains to the north and the desert to the east, so many diseases never find their way into our country, for travel is scarce. Those that do are never beyond the skill of our healers. I shant say Amaranth is perfect. Nay, far from it. But I doth think that our ways have made us happier and healthier than we e'er could have been, hadst Amaranth joined with the world you doth work for. We enjoy our quaint little lives, I doth think that were it not for the Letalians, we couldst have remained our isolationist state forever and been perfectly content.
    (OOC: Dammit, that got to me more than it really should have...)

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    (OOC: Dammit, that got to me more than it really should have...)
    (OOC: I'll assume that was meant as a compliment, so thank you. Just because we're playing a game doesn't mean I can't make people think about society.)
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

These... Letalians seem... Orbasamic. (Vile, evil, etc.) I wish you the best of luck to eliminate them.
    I'll put something here...eventually

So everyone sent in recipes, so everyone will get points later. That's right, no winner. You could have done something absolutely ridiculous - as a certain pokemon did - and still get same amount of points as everyone else.

Now, the Roulette Challenge will be done by......Xero.....ok....

You have to write a story about your character preparing the recipe created by your partner who was in the team challenge...in this case, you.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSerperior
    I went through my files, and I managed to find this recipe from home. My morqte (Mom) used to make this all the time.

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour

Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes

Ingredients:

6 lb beef ribs or your favorite ribs
    Fiery Mango Marinade:
    1 large fresh ripe mango
    2 Tbsp chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup tequila
    1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
    2 Tbsp oyster sauce
    2 Tbsp honey
    6 cloves garlic, finely minced
    1/4 cup finely minced ginger
    1/4 cup chopped cilantro sprigs
    Preparation:

Remove the membrane from the underside of the ribs. Then place the ribs in a rectangular dish or baking pan.

To make the marinade, peel the mango and cut the flesh away from the seed. Combine the mango flesh and chipotle chiles in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and puree. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and combine with the ketchup, tequila, lime juice, oyster sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and cilantro.

Makes 2 cups.

Coat the ribs evenly on both sides with half the marinade. Marinate the ribs refrigerated for at least 15 minutes. For more flavor, marinate for up to 8 hours. Remove the remaining marinade to serve as a sauce for the ribs.

To grill the ribs, if using a gas barbecue, preheat to medium (325 F). If using charcoal or wood, prepare a fire. Occasionally during cooking, baste the ribs with extra marinade, stopping 15 minutes before removing the ribs from the grill.

To serve, cut each side of ribs in half, into 3 sections, or into individual ribs. Transfer to a heated serving platter or 4 heated dinner plates and serve at once accompanied by the reserved sauce.

Yield: 4 servings

I was able to convince Zwich to translate this for ease of access... And give me an updated "dictionary". You can use this... Recipe, but do not share it, it is my frutm (family's) own recipe.
    Succeed, you shall obtain 10 extra points, fail, and you shall lose 20. Good luck, you have 36 hours;
    Pokemon Omega Ruby DexNavlocke

Badges: 3
    Deaths: 0

(OoC: I pm the roulette challenge to you, correct?)

(OOC: I guess the one you're referring to is me? Because mine involved skinning a pokemon alive and putting it on another one.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

(OOC:

To MS; you post it. Sorry. >_>

To Armando: YES! YOUR'S WAS MESSED UP! I woulda felt bad if one of your team members got it.)

...You shared my secret family recipe. <_< *Makes random beeping noises* ...At least I can be sure to make it correctly... (And I refrained from telling these blervhs the secret ingredient.)

Xero knew that, unfortunately, he didn't have the necessary ingredients to completely replicate his mother's recipe. So he had to settle with the "Earth Version". Xero grabbed the recipe from his files, and teleported himself down to the mansion's kitchen.

The kitchen was beautiful. The tiles were glistening, the food was all fresh, and the scents were heavenly. Of course, Xero didn't recognize all of the machines and tools, but after a couple of quick scans he had all of the information he needed. "Hmm..." Xero thought to himself. "I will need to find ribs, mangoes, and various spices and sauces. Let us see what Charles and Iris have available. I am sure they will not mind since they did give me this assignment."

After searching through the refrigerator and all of the cupboards, Xero had found all of the ingredients needed to make the ribs. "Funny, everything I need was here. Even some of the more obscure items like adobo sauce... Now to start the actual cooking."

Xero grabbed the ribs. "Pefect! Geroudo, (beef) my favorite." He meticulously peeled away the clear membrane that surrounded the meat. "Earthlings, they still have to use these clear coats on everything? They need to advance their immune systems like us. We no longer have to worry about stupid 'germs.'" With the plastic sitting in the garbage, Xero dropped the ribs in the pan, making a resounding THUNK.

"Onto my favorite part, the marinade." Xero deftly sliced the mango with rhythmic strokes. The result was twenty perfectly even mango slices. He knew the recipe said to skin, then peel the mangoes, but Xero had always preferred the texture it gave when the skin was still on them. He proceeded to add the mango slices and chiles into the blender. Within thirty seconds, he had an orange mix that gave off one of the best scents Xero had ever smelled. In one quick motion, he swiftly plopped it into a bowl and added the remaining sauces and spices.

"Usually when I'm applying the marinade I use my Morqte's special brush... Well I do not have a choice, I will make due with the one that has been provided." Before one could even blink, the ribs were marinated and in the refrigerator. "And now for the waiting."

*Three hours later*

Xero returns to his meal. "Three quyeralres (hours) exactly! It is perfect!" The ribs in hand, Xero teleported outside in search of a grill or a firepit. He soon came across a state-of-the-art, shiny new grill. "...This seems almost TOO easy..." Xero heated up the grill and gently spreads some more of the marinade along the backs of the ribs. Soon the smell was making his mouth water, that's when he knew they were done. He cut them into separate servings, put them on a platter, and presented them to Charles.

The recipe has been completed, I hope it is satisfactory.

(OOC: I'll assume that was meant as a compliment, so thank you. Just because we're playing a game doesn't mean I can't make people think about society.)
    (OOC: That's actually pretty much exactly what my grandmother said once. I don't agree with this - actually, I think it's utter BS - but... still.)

... *goes off to room muttering angrily about Amaranth*

(OOC: Feral, that aforementioned two paragraphs about society was amazing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    (OOC: That's actually pretty much exactly what my grandmother said once. I don't agree with this - actually, I think it's utter BS - but... still.)
    (OOC: I don't necessarily agree with everything Allister said, but there are parts of it I do. I mean, hey, I'm just playing a character. His philosophy is influenced by my own, but they aren't identical.)

(OOC: I don't necessarily agree with everything Allister said, but there are parts of it I do. I mean, hey, I'm just playing a character. His philosophy is influenced by my own, but they aren't identical.)
    (OOC: Interestingly enough, that's pretty much the same philosophy my grandma has. She doesn't know what it's like growing up in England while being from an insignificant no one knows or cares about, which made a big mistake of not stretching out its horizons earlier, like Japan did.)

(OOC: Hey, c'mon it would've been fun if someone had my recipe to have, I mean you only specified make a recipe, you never specified how brilliant that recipe has to be, so I made it the most PG thing I could think of.)

Well this has been GREAT...except the point where I had a frozen laptop so I couldn't calculate points.

Team Sky
    Mug (Mug) – 35 points
    Xero (MegaSerperior) 58 points
    Legion (Billy Mays) – 15 points
    Total - 108 points
    Average - 36 points

Team Sun
    Gizmo (Dracoste) – 40 points
    Omen (SenorLaughsaLot) – 39 points
    Ramona St. Claire (Armando Payne) – 16 points
    Disgrace (Shadeace) – 16 points
    Total - 111 points
    Average - 28 points

Team Star
    Leo (Monster Guy) – 50 points
    Vanek (InfernalBlaze) – 41 points
    Total - 91 points
    Average - 46 points

Team Moon
    Seth (ansem the wise) – 25 points
    Cassidy Donatello (GalladeofSpades) – 0 points
    Prince Allister (Feralninja) – 54 points
    Venolta (Sir DJ) – 0 points
    Total - 79 points
    Average - 20 points

That means Team Star wins! Meaning next week, Leo and Vanek cannot be eliminated. Team Moon is up for elimination. Please Private Message me your elimination votes, and Everyone votes. You have 48 hours.

And Xero.....I still need to pick out an item for you, but you are featured contestant this week.

(OOC: Oh duck, I haven't even started on the Week 4 plan. Sorry guys, but Week 4 might not be up for a while, due to me being a lazy duck. Please forgive me.)

Sir Cassidy and Lady Venolta had best find a dark cave far from Amaranth in which to hide. I doth have little tolerance for dead weights, and shouldst I be eliminated because of their carelessness, I shalt ensure that their bodies are never found.

Woaaaah. That's dark dude, but I feel ya.

[Not Made by Me]

Sir Allister, you can use my catapult for that if you want.
    The absence of fear does not mean the presence of courage…
    Merely a lack of brains…

Don't matter mate, if you go, Azerbaijan will be waiting for you.

Lets see what the votes are, so I can go back to my awesome second life.

Venolta has 3 votes
    Cassidy has 4 votes
    Seth has 4 votes
    Allister has 2 votes

If Allister is eliminated I swear I am going to make Iris remove this stupid roulette elimination when we get the merge. Oh yes, three of you didn't vote, so your votes are randomized. One for Allister, one for... Allister. Well this is a big f*** you to Allister from the RNG. Wait, I misread the second random vote, that was a 2. One vote for Cassidy. One vote for Venolta...Wait, 13 competitors remaining? Oh yeah, so one more randomizer....a vote for Seth. Now lets just get your hopes down when Allister's eliminated.

...11...Seth, you're out of here.

Strikes have been given to Venolta, Legion, and Cassidy....Seth would have recieved one but he's gone. Venolta, this is your third strike so you're..........OUT! Another double-elimination week, although this time it wasn't a big shocker.

Too lazy, didn't listen?

VENOLTA AND SETH ARE ELIMINATED FROM THE GAME

(OoC: Whoops, I didn't even think about voting. :/

Oh well, at least I probably shouldn't forget again...)

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

(OOC: Darn I wanted Allister to go, The Prince Doth Protest Too Much.)
    So, Abercrombie still in?

Well that is that, then. Allister, I'm glad you're still here at least.

(Is GalladeofSpades dead or something?? I sure don't want him on my team next week!)

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast