Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Universe Season 13: Roulette

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    I had a feeling you'd get a kick out of that, Flame. XD From where else could an American like me get a name like Clive than from a puzzle solving gentleman's game?
    You know me better than I thought you did. XD

Gasp! Professor Layton for the win!!!
    I'll put something here...eventually

^Oh I like that puzzled Gentlemen, what's his name... Pacman, that's it, I like Pacman and his whoop-whoop-whoop sounds, it reminds me of when I was a boy a millenia ago.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    ...Ahem. Ignore me.
    LOL
    No puzzle goes unsolved!
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSerperior View Post
    Gasp! Professor Layton for the win!!!
    Ah, this reminds me of a puzzle...

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

So you want to know about my history? No you really don't want to. No really you don't I do not want you to have to here about my disgrace. Ack! please don't hit me, wait you mean you weren't going to hit me, well ok. Where to start well there was that one time when my sister rode me like a dog around the Pokewood Studios and got to meet all my role models. That was also the day when i found my lucky piece of gum, a nice pink and chewed so that there was still some taste left, I got a good 5 day's meals out of it so it was an equal trade off. Then that one Christmas my brother got a car and i got car cleaning supplies, I was so happy i didn't get dirty clothes of my family's that year. Then when our old house burned down I was able to grab a burnt up stuffed human. A year later I learned to be careful because my mom opened my cabinet door when I was playing with Miss Misfit.

Now onto my love. I meet him online when I sneaked a turn on my brothers clickyboard thing when everyone was sleeping. I immediately fell head over heels for him, he made me feel like I should exist. He believed everyone should be given a chance to show the world themselves so we set up a meeting in the park. When I saw him he looked like the butt of a Garbodor, he was the ugliest person I had ever seen, but I loved him. When he saw me he ran away in fear. No you may ask why I didn't run away or use some other means of escape, well I didn't know I could do that until I meet him. So now I am here to prove everyone wrong. Was it good? Ack! please don't lock me in the oven!! Oh you weren't? Well ok. ...... :s

~

So we're telling our stories, eh? Okay, let's get this done.

Hello all, I'm Omen. It's not my original name... I don't even know it. It was something I was sort of branded with a long time ago and it stuck. I was orphaned deep within the mountains nearby an ocean somewhere. It was beautiful I tell you, that view of the ocean. You felt like you could see the rest of the vast world there, and that gorgeous sunset... Oh! I'm digressing. Thinking of home just makes my mind trail off. I apologize, back to the story.

Like I said, I was orphaned from birth, so I had to survive on my own. It's not as bad as it sounds. I did pretty good on my own, I mean, look at me now. Healthy and participating in this event! I lived off of the wilderness and all its beauty. It had a lot to offer, and I took advantage. As I grew older, I began to notice I had some sort of power. It's this hirn on my head that's the source. Whenever it was about to rain I would get a tingling sensation; it was a mild one. As the weather got worse, so did the tingling.

Near my home in the mountains was a remote village. There were people there, plenty of them. I have never seen them before and I was fascinated. I was hesitant to go, so I left them alone for a while. A couple of days passed and I felt the worst sensation I have ever felt before in my horn. I went out to the ocean and couldn't believe what I was seeing. What was once a beautiful, blue ocean, was now a blackened mass of impending disaster. There was a huge tidal wave coming for my home and the village. The villigers came to my mind, I had to go warn them.

I ran as fast as my four legs could carry me and went to the village. It was already too late as I arrived. I tried to warn them, but they already began pointing and screaming to what was behind me. They fled and so did I. The disasters followed and I had to find a shelter. I climbed atop a tree and was safe. I wish I could say the same for the villagers... After the damage was done I went to look for any survivors. I found plenty actually, I was glad to see them. The feeling wasn't mutual... They just gave me dirty looks, I don't know why. I warned them, I did! All they said was, "You're an omen... you're and omen!"

I didn't know what an omen was, so I took up that moniker. It's not like I had a name already, and it sounded nice. I left the villagers after the nasty looks. I couldn't take it, but years passed and I never botheres to visit them. Then, it came again. The sensation... I hate it! It was very strong, it brought me down to my knees. I didn't bother to find out what it was and went straight for the village. Again... I was too late. It was behind me... the villagers... "Omen. Omen. OMEN." It was completely destroyed. The remaining survivors left, and so did I.

I went to a more populous city full of people. It was exciting! It was different from the wilderness, but after a while I got used to it. I found out about this during my stay and I said, "Why not?" The city was new for me, and I loved it. I might as well try new things, and here I am. I'm glad to be here. Nice to meet you all. You may call me Omen...

It's funny having this name. I learned what it meant in the city. It's a nice fit... but I'm sure those villagers meant it in a bad way. Ah well, it's stuck, so I'm going to keep it.

[Not Made by Me]

We're not talking about history or background you've walked into the wrong place, this is the Professor Layton Pinup Poster Fawning Club, geez. (Also I haven't finished the game, like I'm in Chapter 3 but I'm calling it Randall's the Masked Gentlemen.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    We're not talking about history or background you've walked into the wrong place, this is the Professor Layton Pinup Poster Fawning Club, geez. (Also I haven't finished the game, like I'm in Chapter 3 but I'm calling it Randall's the Masked Gentlemen.
    One more word from you and you're being automatically rejected, okay?

Heh, you wanna know my story, tuts? Sorry, but I don’t tell anyone about my past. It’s classified. The only thing you can know about me is that I used to be a criminal. Robbing things and getting away were my favourite things to do.

Now, I’m retired. I work for that Italian family, the Bellamias. I’m the bodyguard for their bambini. What were their names again?… Minueto and Acapella, credo che. That Acapella girl, BOY does that ragazza get into trouble. I guess, if you really need a story of my life that badly, I can tell you the one where I met her.

It was at the last heist I had ever made professionally…

~*~*~

Me and my four other coorti were about to finish the heist of the Banca Italiana Reale. Dino Acazzio, our comrade, was running out of la banca dressed in a Victorian era lady fashion, complete with the make up and ridiculous wig.

… He insisted to dress like that for his disguise. We didn’t know why, we just gave him the green light. That Ambipom always liked girly things like these.

Anyway, he managed to come back with a couple of bags of soldi. Not much, but we didn’t take any chances. As soon as Dino got into our black minivan, I ordered our driver, the ever-helpful, yet sanest of our group, Floriana ‘Flora’ Lazzapare, the Hippopotas.

I know what you’re thinking: How does a Hipopotas fit in a minivan, let alone drive? Well, we have our ways…

Anyway, we were speeding along the road, hearing the oh-so familiar sound of sirens right behind us. It was what we lived for: the thrill of being chased.

“Erm… mi scusi…

We all went rigid at the sound of the unfamiliar voice. Somehow, a Garbodor managed to get in our minivan. Not just any Garbodor, though. It was the Kentucky Dam heiress to the Bellamia Dukedom.

We were in so much trouble.

After conversing a bit, we agreed to take her home first, THEN we would head to the rendezvous point. Of course, the police officers chasing us thought we kidnapped the duchess, so they started firing.

For situations like that, we had Vincenzo Marino, the Dewgong, tied to the roof. That amabile idiota would clumsily throw multiple kitchen sinks at the cops, stopping them in their tracks… hopefully.

Thankfully, it was one of the times it worked. We sped towards the Bellamia castle, only to be surrounded by, you guessed it, la polizia. Thankfully, our master of lies and lady of British descent, Bellissa Doncaster, the Zangoose, managed to convince everyone that we were actually getting Miss Acapella home safely. Then, after everyone else left, Acapella insisted that we come work for them, saying that she needed a few bodyguards. When we asked why, she told us that she had never had that much excitement in a while, and wanted us to take her on adventures like these.

We took a liking to the ragazza. So, we applied for the job. From then on out, we stopped robbing professionally.

… That doesn’t mean we didn’t do it for fun, hehe…

~*~*~

There, tuts. You got your story, so do me a favor and go away. Your blocking the sunlight, and Captain likes his sunlight.

Almost half an hour left, and still only thirteen submissions? Tut tut, guys. Not a good start.

Sir DJ, InfernalBlaze, SpyroxPikachu, dinosaurus, and The Meddler, you five have all yet to submit your auditions. Hurry up!

(OOC: Ack sorry I havern't had the time but I'm going to work on it now if I still have time to enter, though I'm not sure 'cause my time on here is kind of messed up, giong to edit now)

(OOC: edit: well.. it's been over half an hour since you posted, according to my time, so I think we've run out of time for submission :<)

(OOC: Yeah, sorry, you are late.)

Since five people didn't send in their auditions, everyone who did got an automatic pass. Lucky you. So, I left it up to our trusty RNG to determine who doesn't get in. And those two people are...

...The Meddler...

...and dinosaurus. Sorry you guys, better luck next time!

As for the people who did send in their admissions, I must admit, I was very disappointed in your auditions. Special mentions go to ansem the wise, ShadeAce, and Armando Payne for being exceptionally rubbish. And now we must part, as I have a conference to attend. Charles will be running the first week of the show. Till next we meet, folks!

(OOC: I'm only using usernames because I haven't learnt the names of the characters yet. Also the "conference" is me going on a trip, so I may have wifi access or not. Either way, Ruby XIII is going to do the first week.)

Well, according to my co-host, you suck...can't blame her. She does have ME to compare you people to.

*Smiles* Well then... lets begin with the teams. As you all know, we rely on the trusty randomizer to decide who is paired with who, so lets see who gets the good, who gets the bad, and who wishes they had me on their team - oh wait, that's everyone.

Team Sky
    Legion (Billy Mays)
    Disgrace (Shadeace)
    Ramona St. Claire (Armando Payne)
    Leo (Monster Guy)

Team Sun
    Ezel Granada (Grim Heaper)
    Xero (MegaSerperior)
    Venolta (Sir DJ)
    Seth (ansem the wise)

Team Charles Star
    Ashley Williams (SpyroxPikakchu)
    Venus Lis Espérer (Lost Requiem)
    Omen (SenorLaughsaLot)
    Cassidy Donatello (GalladeofSpades)

Team Moon
    Vanek (InfernalBlaze)
    Prince Allister Imperia Blah Blah Charles Rocks Blah Amaranth (Feralninja)
    Gizmo (Dracoste)
    Mug (Mug)

It's time to get everyone started with a major challenge - the course challenge!

You are to write of how your team travels through the following locations,

1.) Aspertia City
    2.) Virbank Complex
    3.) Nimbasa City (B2/W2 time, where N doesn't drag the Protagonist into a Ferris Wheel)
    4.) Lentimas Town

Lets go over a things I'll look for when grading.

1.) I do not want the Script Form; so no
    I like pie.
    Me too!
    Do you think I'm cool?
    No.
    *Pulls out gun and shoots *

None of that.

2.) I will be looking at your grammar, correct use of words, correct spelling, a lack of run-on-sentences, ect., although this won't affect your points as badly as using Script Form, you should still keep an eye out for it.

3.) You don't have to follow another team mate's plot, these are all just stories, and don't necessarily happen.

4.) Going for the obvious, I want the stories to Jump out at me, don't just make it... "A villain appears, I make him fall into a burning pit." "I need to get a rare artefact, GO INDIANA JONES ON 'EM AND RETRIEVE IT IN 5 SECONDS FLAT!" None, of, that. -.-

5.) Keeping in character; this goes for you, and your team mates. Be sure to read on your partner's personalities before starting.

ok, you have 48 Hours to complete this.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    [character] is clearly too op now, [character] to be banned

I can say this with certainty after a week

oh but [character] is just garbage imo

Of course Azran would say my one would suck (even though it probably does) she hates me for the fact that I was a **** during the Mansion game. (I'm insulting myself here, no need to jump on the bandwagon)

Still I'm going to wait till someone on my team starts, because my character acts more of a reactor rather then a non-reactor.

I am baffled by how poorly this game is being run.

Fair enough, I'll just pop on one of the PU ripoff bandwagons, or just hope DJ decides to run the next one after this one dies.

^That's what you get when you've got somebody who cares more about Layton then Pokemon, but what do you know. Still would've preferred PU 12 to have finished and seen us two return.

(OoC: No need to be insulting. And I'm talking to Armando, Meddler, AND Azran here. This is a freaking Pokemon forum ffs, not 4Chan. Please don't stoop down to 4Chan levels here.

As for the challenge, I only got White 2 a few days ago and I have only gotten to Chargestone Cave, so I don't know what Lentimas town is like. Anyone mind telling me? :/ )

InTeReStInG aLliEs...Do NoT tHrEaT mOrTaLs, We, LeGiOn, ArE wIlLiNg To WoRk WiTh YoU. We sUgGeSt NoT tO GeT oN oUr BaD sIdE tHoUgH, oThErWiSe We WiLl UnLeAsH TeRrAnCe On YoU.

...ThAt WaS a JoKe. BuT sTiLl, Do NoT mEsS wItH uS.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    Of course Azran would say my one would suck (even though it probably does) she hates me for the fact that I was a **** during the Mansion game. (I'm insulting myself here, no need to jump on the bandwagon)

Still I'm going to wait till someone on my team starts, because my character acts more of a reactor rather then a non-reactor.
    Oh look, we're on the same team. I'm waiting for someone on my team to post too. :P

Fortunately, my character isn't too difficult to work with...

You three are my teammates? Very well. I look forward to working with all three of you. Let us proceed with our task at hand.

(OOC: Do we also have to say how we travel to said locations and does it matter what order?)
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

@ Meddler: Haters are gonna hate, shoulda done the work. :l This is also targeted towards everyone. If you wanna go far, do the work.

@ Armando: Please... it's all an opinion, no need to believe it has to do with other things beyond this game. I think Azran would be better than that. Even at this point, it is a simple forum game, if Azran feels you aren't one of the better, just work harder to get on top.

Also, since I know you (Sort of), if you reply to this Armando, I am not going to respond again unless you have a question about the challenge, in which case I hope you will take it to VM.

@ Billy Mays:     Spoiler:- Contains Some Stuff on Lentimas Town + A couple links:

@ GH: It would be appreciated, but is not necessary, though it may affect my points. The locations must be done in order.
    Last edited by Burakoru; 30th December 2012 at 5:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    [character] is clearly too op now, [character] to be banned

I can say this with certainty after a week

oh but [character] is just garbage imo

*Shifts glasses* These... are my team mates. I hope we can work well together, I want this to be Simple and Clean, that's all. *Starts humming Hikari*

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
    (OoC: No need to be insulting. And I'm talking to Armando, Meddler, AND Azran here. This is a freaking Pokemon forum ffs, not 4Chan. Please don't stoop down to 4Chan levels here.)
    (OOC: Meh, it was only for fun, anyway. And I needed to get Iris in character, so... And as a matter of fact, yes, I do care more about Layton than Pokemon now, because that fanbase isn't full of idiots, flamers (like me), and the such.

Anyway, I edited the front page.)

Wait? I just realised Meddler wasn't in, that's why he's so grouchy, I thought he was grouchy because he was. OK, so team what should we do?

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    (OOC: Meh, it was only for fun, anyway. And I needed to get Iris in character, so... And as a matter of fact, yes, I do care more about Layton than Pokemon now, because that fanbase isn't full of idiots, flamers (like me), and the such.

Anyway, I edited the front page.)
    (OOC: same here. And as such my lack of getting B2 makes this challenge difficult *goes to check serebii for info on those locations* )
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast