Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Universe Season 13: Roulette

Name: Badarbin Berkster Mandreil Von Darkirsun.
    Nickname: Gizmo

Species:

Personality: Student of the great professor Ulgeo. She's always competing with her professor to become greater. However, because she has no patience, she makes her inventions quickly, but doesn't put a lot of thought behind them. Making most of them useless. Like the "Self Deflating Whoopie Cushion." Who made that fart?! Looks like you have a bad case of farting poltergheists! Or the "Flesh Detecting Garbage Disposal." Automatically gets rid of any pesky meat that gets in your sink! Lost your girlfriend's wedding ring in the sink? Who needs two hands anyway!

She's also always stressed that someone else might invent the time travel machine before her. She's not hyperactive per se, but she does have the favor of running over walking. And always thinks she's smarter than everyone else and thus is a sore loser when someone outsmarts her.

Unlike her name may suggest, she doesn't have any sort of accent.

Reason For Joining: "My future Self shall tell you that in 3...2...1... I'm a lame excuse for a scientist! Wait... If I am not the one that invents it Future Me shall send a letter to the one that did to let him come here in 3...2...1... There we go! There's still hope! Anyway, I'm here because of Iris! Professor Ulgeo said she was her inspiration. I want to get loads of inspiration to complete the Time Travel Device as first!"

Other: She wears the well known thick nerd swirly glasses. She adapted them so she sees straight. So she doesn't walk like she's drunk, like the rest of the Spindas. However, the glasses doesn't always work 100% of the time. So there are chances she might knock into something.

She has a big red spot in the middle of her back. And spots that make her ears entirely red.
    The absence of fear does not mean the presence of courage…
    Merely a lack of brains…

Name: Ramona St. Claire
    Species:
    Personality: Ramona has 2 distinct personalities, 1, a ditzy girl who has the tendency of saying half the things she's thinking (I.E she may say 3 unconnected words, but they make sense to her.) and 2. An emotionless person who only talks about Media Sources (I.E Film, songs, TVs, etc. etc.). She was born in Shard's End Birmingham in 1980 and her personalities have 2 distinct allergies, when she's ditzy she's allergic to Strawberry Milkshake, and when she isn't she's allergic to Lobsters. She has a big voracious appetite and she has the tendency if acting contradictory, she's both incredibly trustworthy but if she senses a facade in someone's personality she'll try to get away from them as soon as possible.
    Reason for joining: "ummm... Parents Cow. But y'know if push shove, hopefully win."
    Other: She has a hat fetish. She has a tendency of also stealing hats.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Name: Mug
    Species: Dewott
    Personality: Mug is the perfect soldier... if personality was the only thing that mattered. Dedicated, compliant, and heroic to a fault, Mug will do whatever it takes to help others and defeat the bad guys. Unfortunately, due to her gender, refusal to evolve, and mediocre physical strength, she was rejected when she tried to join the military. As a replacement (or feeble alternative) she joined a drum corps. Practicing on her snare drum dutifully is the sole activity that takes her away from training and settled her down from her travels. She strives to be the best warrior she can be.
    Reason For Joining: To better herself and further achieve greatness.
    Other: None, really.

Okay, sign-ups are closed now. I'll be posting the audition in a few hours.

Good luck competitors. ^-^; and hopefully I won't be sick when it's my turn to give the challenges. ;D

Edit: Oh yeah, filler cause I'm against double posting. ^_^;

The strange thing was as I mentioned in the TV Tropes page, if Wormow didn't give up halfway through, Roget was going to return as the leader of a pack of eliminated contestants seeing as he was the second forum.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Welcome, everyone, to the thirteenth season of Pokémon Universe! As you can see, Shaymin has ditched us yet again, so Charles and I will be running this season. If you're wondering who the heck I am, then you are not qualified to be joining this season. Onwards!

The audition challenge is to write up a detailed description of your history and background. Since there are only eighteen applicants, it's not going to be a very fierce competition, but still, if you want to make a good impression on me, Charles, and your fellow competitors-to-be, then I recommend putting an effort into this. You can put it in spoiler tags if you want to keep it private.

Anyway, some things I'll be looking out for:
    - Generally tolerable English grammar, punctuation, and spelling. As a grammar nazi, chances are that you'll have a higher chance of getting accepted if you can write English well.
    - Written in an interesting way. I don't care about how fascinating your background is, or how long you write, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't just give me a piece of "I did this. I did that. This happened. Blah blah blah."
    - It CANNOT be in script form. At. All.

The deadline is in 24 hours (tomorrow evening, GMT time). No extensions. No application means automatic fail.
    Last edited by Azran Flame; 28th December 2012 at 9:23 PM.

*sitting on a chair blowing out gas out of her mouth* Oh why hello there, I didn't notice you! I've just been catching up on my reading.
    Body Puppet: You've been waiting on that chair for 3 hours all on the same page.
    Oh Gerald you jokester *glares*
    Venolta, chyu iz' vanted out in da stayj.
    Body Puppet: She'll get to it when she want's to!
    Da lital childrens will get's mad. *leaves*
    *leans forward* That's James, he's my ringleader *blushes*
    Body Puppet: Why are you blushing moron, he knows you're just a ball of gas!
    I remember when I first met James.........
    Body Puppet: Ewww a flashback on the very first post?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember when I was just a little Koffing living at home....
    Mother I got an "A" on my report card!
    You smell.
    My heart was broken. So I took to the road, and hitchhiked my way across western Narnia.
    Can I have a ride with you?
    *sniffs* no..... *drives off*
    My heart was broken. But then I met James.
    *pulls over* hop inz.
    Body Puppet: Hell no, I watch 20/20.
    I haz da tootsie rolls.
    *jumps in*
    We even shared our evolution together.
    I becomes mor sexsheh!
    What about me James?
    Yuu iz alrite.
    That is the moment I knew we were destined to be together. So I decided to follow him to the carnival and live out the life of a carny. All was going fine until that day.....
    James I'm back, I got you the toothpaste with those little freshening strips.
    *a crash is heard*
    Who's there?
    Oh iz nothings.
    Body Puppet: What are you doing jerk wad?!?!?!
    *is hiding air fresheners*
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    My heart was broken. So now here I am trying to start my life anew.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir DJ View Post
    *sitting on a chair blowing out gas out of her mouth* Oh why hello there, I didn't notice you! I've just been catching up on my reading.
    Body Puppet: You've been waiting on that chair for 3 hours all on the same page.
    Oh Gerald you jokester *glares*
    Venolta, chyu iz' vanted out in da stayj.
    Body Puppet: She'll get to it when she want's to!
    Da lital childrens will get's mad. *leaves*
    *leans forward* That's James, he's my ringleader *blushes*
    Body Puppet: Why are you blushing moron, he knows you're just a ball of gas!
    I remember when I first met James.........
    Body Puppet: Ewww a flashback on the very first post?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember when I was just a little Koffing living at home....
    Mother I got an "A" on my report card!
    You smell.
    My heart was broken. So I took to the road, and hitchhiked my way across western Narnia.
    Can I have a ride with you?
    *sniffs* no..... *drives off*
    My heart was broken. But then I met James.
    *pulls over* hop inz.
    Body Puppet: Hell no, I watch 20/20.
    I haz da tootsie rolls.
    *jumps in*
    We even shared our evolution together.
    I becomes mor sexsheh!
    What about me James?
    Yuu iz alrite.
    That is the moment I knew we were destined to be together. So I decided to follow him to the carnival and live out the life of a carny. All was going fine until that day.....
    James I'm back, I got you the toothpaste with those little freshening strips.
    *a crash is heard*
    Who's there?
    Oh iz nothings.
    Body Puppet: What are you doing jerk wad?!?!?!
    *is hiding air fresheners*
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    My heart was broken. So now here I am trying to start my life anew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    I know I'm not the one running this show, but um...
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

LOL that's what I get for skimming rules.

I am called Prince Allister Imperia SanClare Du Amaranth. Or, I was once. I am a prince no longer, and my titles and family name avail me naught. You may call me simply Allister. I doth hail from the kingdom of Amaranth, far t'the east, across the sea. Amaranth was a peaceful kingdom, and we lived in'ts golden age. The crops were bountiful, the rivers ran clear and strong, and all of mine people lived as brothers. But of course, such bounty breeds jealousy. Our enemy to the north, the Letalian Empire, saw our abundance and lusted for't. As the sun set on midsummer's eve, their army didst sweep down from the mountains like a great black tide. 'Twas horrible, for many of my countrymen were driven from the homes, slain or forced away from Amaranth. We could nay figure out the cause of this invasion, for our borders had always been secure. My noble father, King Edrick, discovered that his closest adviser, a black-hearted Dusknoir called Wolfgang Van DerMort, had betrayed Amaranth and opened us to the Letalian invasion on the condition that he mayst become king when my father fell.

Van DerMort slew my father as the Letalian army burned our countryside to cinders. When the army was outside the castle gates, Van Dermort hung my father's body from the ramparts, proclaiming for all t'see that the old king was dead, and he had risen in his place. My sisters, Clara and Isabelle, were imprisoned in the dungeons, and I would have been executed were it not for the bravery of my tutor, the great Sir Oliver, the Star of Morning. Sir Oliver was an Arcanine, and he spirited me away from the castle in darkest night. 'Twas a great and dangerous gamble, and our enterprise nearly failed. For on the border of Amaranth and the great desert t'the west, we were ambushed. Sir Oliver fought for mine own sake, allowing me to escape over the border and into safety. For his valor, he was cut down and his body thrown into a ditch. A traitor's death.

I traveled the lands, searching for a way to save my sisters and reclaim my rightful place as king. To dethrone Van DerMort, I would need an army, though I had no means to procure one. Fortune favored me when it brought me to a Charizard by the name of Prometheus. Prometheus had fought in several revolutions, by the side of his partner and brother in arms, the Firebrand, a man apparently of some renown and infamy, but of whom I had never heard. Prometheus told me he would gather his comrades, and spread the word of Amaranth's oppression. While I did appreciate his labors for my cause, t'would not be enough to take Amaranth back. Several brave companions would be a great boon, but not, I fear, the force to tip the scales against the Letalian army. Prometheus would do what he could, but I would also endeavor to raise an army of my own. To do that, I would need money, much and more of it. Only then could I make VanDermort pay for his crimes against mine people, and my family.

I didst hear of this contest from a wandering drummer. I do believe I have seen her here as well. This didst seem the fastest way to obtain the gold I needed, and so, I am here to fight for the prize and liberate my people. I count many brave warriors among thy number here. I hope to win thine hearts, perhaps convince thee to fight under my banner. Though I shall warn thee, if thou dost stand in the way of my peoples' freedom, I shall finish thee without mercy.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 29th December 2012 at 12:12 AM.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

History? I can tell you guys about my history if you want me to. I was born to Sir Issac Francois Esperer, a Ferrothorn who was a General in the French Army, and to Queen Roseheart of the Kingdom of Lilies, located on Lily of the Valley Island in the Sinnoh Region. I was born in Ney York City, New York while my Mother was on tour here to promote publicity for her kingdom and products. All she was was a Religous, Racist, Self-Centered, Decieving *Beep*. Oh, sorry about that. Well, my Father is currently suffering from Alzheimer's disease, so he's been confined to the house...

For me, I was born almost completely blind and with black leaves, when I evolved, it turned into a Black flower, as you see it today. I think sicentifically it happened because of who my mother was, it tainted me a little bit. I attened the best schools money could buy, where I learned about Genetics, but the kids were always cruel to me and never took in account my feelings. They distanced me and called me names like "Four Eyes", and it really did hurt. Though, there were some people who tried to help me. When I went to harvard I met Gamma, who was there for reasons I can't disclose, and Pamela, who was still with Fennel at the time. The two of them naturally became my Research partners once I bumped into the two of them again after school. Colledge was easier, I was still made fun off, but I did meet some accepting people. I was introduced into the world of music, and I got lost into it, walking all of the corridors trying to escape my pitiful life.

I met Mercury when I got a job in a factory of Detroit. Of course, I was also fond of Anime around that time, and it still hasn't left him yet. Well, back to the job part. I was given the task to research oil and fuel, not my usual job, but it did help me with Cells and DNA structures of what was affected by the oils. Gamma and Pamela were also there helping me out as well, and I met the fourth scientist in our Quartet, a little litwick named Kluas. I'm afraid I haven't seen him in a while...

Well, Mercury and I'm meeting was just fantastic... Well, I knew something clicked. When I first met him he was coming down from his job of being a cog. I was so intregued why he also had a Black body, while I had a black flower. We started talking, and I'm sure all of you guys remember Mercury's history from last season, so I won't go into specific detail about that.

Life was pretty silent while Mercury was away at Season 12, I just helped out my dad as his condition worsened. When I heard a new season was back on, I was ready to participate. I knew I had to win the prize money to help both Mercury and my dad...

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

GrEeTiNgS mOrTaLs! We ArE LeGiOn, FoR wE aRe MaNy! We ArE tHe CoLlEcTiOn Of SeVeRaL sPiRiTs WhO bEcAmE oNe A yEaR aGo.

In OrDeR tO pRoPeRlY eXpLaIn OuR hIsToRy, We ShAlL aLlOw EaCh SpIrIt tO eXpLaIn ThEiR pAsT!

*A strange wind like noise eminates from Legion*

Greetings and salutations. I am Leonidas, knight of the Kingdom of Almire. Or at least, I was... I was the strongest of all the king's knights, and the most brave. Many monsters and tyrants fell before my blades. But one day, my kingdom was attacked by the neighboring one, causing us to enter a huge war. In a final climatic battle, their kingdom triumphed over ours, and they stormed our capital and raized it to the ground. I was there in the throne room of the king, defending him with my life... To this day, I do not know if my lord managed to escape, or if my sacrifice was in vain. The thought of it has haunted me for a long time...

*Another wind like noise comes from Legion*

'Sup. I'm Johnny, but my buddies call me Wise Guy. Remember that name, capeche? As a kid my family was pretty poor, so I started to do smuggling runs for the local mafia. It was good pay, and it got dinner on the table. When I got old enough, I joined the mafia for real. At first it was simple stuff. Boring stuff. But eventually when the Don trusted me enough I became one of his top enforcers. Everyone in town feared 'ol Johnny here! Well, at least at first. After awhile some hotshot detectives from out of town came in to take us down. In a police raid coordinated by those detectives, we fired at them as they tried to storm us and got into a huge fire fight. Then, right in the middle of it - BAM! I feel pain in my chest for a second, I fall down, and then here I am, stuck in this stupid keystone thing. Ok, we're done here.

*The same noise is made as before*

Well howdy! My name's Mary Anne, its a pleasure to meet y'all! I was born on a little farm out in the middle of farming country. My pappi used to be a banker when he was younger, but he got tired of the city so he went out to the country and married my mother, then started a farm with her. Life on the farm was simple and involved alot of hard work, but I loved every bit of it. I had several brothers and sisters, some we're so old they went off to start their own lives, and some were still just babies! Yup, life on the farm was great...but then there was an accident. I was playing out in the fields when while my father was plowing it. When I was playing my leg got caught in a gopher hole, and as I tried to pull it out I realized the tractor was headin' my way. I screamed and shouted for him to stop, but my dad always wore earmuffs on while ridin' the tractor because of the noise it made. So just to not get into detail, it got messy...Y'know...in hindsight it probably wasn't a smart idea playing in the field while he was plowin' it. This only happened two years ago, so my family should still be on the farm. I hope I get to see them again one day...

*I'm running out of ways to redo this message*

Hi...I'm Terrance...I-I-I'm... Well...Uh...WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME IN THE FIRST PLACE HUH!? YOU THINK YOU'RE HOT STUFF, DON'T YOU!? Um, sorry about that. I guess I can tell you everything since I'm already dead. I was a serial killer. From even an early age I got into trouble, setting fires and stuff like that. My "home" was one mental institution after another. Honestly, if they didn't want me to mutilate people, they probably shouldn't have made me put up with all that %$&#. But yeah. One day, I just got this urge to kill. My first target was some kid who used to bully me in school before I got thrown into the loony bin. Man, it was so fun to kill him...Ripping his arms off with a chainsaw...Tearing off his - Wait, I'm getting into too much detail am I? Sorry, I do that sometimes. Anyway, I got away with killing about...twenty people? Maybe twenty four? Don't remember exactly, but yeah I killed about that many until I got caught. I pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, but the judge wouldn't have any of it and sentenced me to death. So yeah. That's my life story; biography worthy stuff, right? WELL TOO BAD, IF A BIOGRAPHY IS GOING TO BE WRITTEN IT'LL BE AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY, NOW GO AWAY YOU FILTHY JOURNALISTS!

*Another wind noise is made, though it sounds like a reversed version of it this time*

ThAt Is OuR sToRy. NoW bEgOnE!
    Last edited by Billy Mays; 28th December 2012 at 7:42 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Spoiler:- This is LONG:
    Last edited by Recon; 29th December 2012 at 12:12 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Lets see, I'm the oldest of three siblings, and the only brother. My parents broke up shortly after my youngest sister was born. Don't ask me why, I don't really like talking about that. Don't worry, no one cheated on anybody or anything dramatic like that. Let's just say that there was financial trouble. It was a sad time in my life. Anyway, my mom had to work a lot. As I was the oldest, I've had to take care of my younger sisters as well as do household stuff like cooking for the family, and cleaning the house sometimes when Mom was busy. I've actually come to enjoy being a housewife, it makes me feel responsible. I especially liked learning to cook.

Things weren't always pleasant when I was growing up. Apparently, boys aren't supposed to like cute pink things, or cry in public when you're upset. I don't see what the problem is. Munnas are adorable, and boys have emotions just like everyone else. What's wrong with expressing them? Also I wasn't very strong or athletic back then... As a result, I was often bullied, and called a sissy or a whimp just 'cause I was an easy target according to them. II often came home beaten up, and covered in bruises on a regular basis... My dad didn't really help much. I know he means well, but suggesting I "man up", and that living in a house full of girls is turning me into one, isn't gonna help me. What does he want me to do, beat up those bullies? That would make me just like them, and I don't wanna do that. My Dad and I don't always agree on some things... I'm not like him, and I wish he'd understand that. Despite everything, I always kept a smile on my face, and tried to keep a positive attitude. Afrer all, being a Negative Nelly isn't gonna help anybody. Even though the bulling was awful back then, it helped make me who I am today.

One day, my mom announced that we were moving away because she got a promotion, and was getting transfer to a new office in a new town. I was thrilled for my mom, but I was also happy for myself. I'd finally be able to get away from those bullies. Even better, I was moving to a new town where no one knew me. I had an opportunity to make a change, and start fresh. I was sick and tired of constantly being the victim. So, I started working out, and getting into sports. I even evolved into an awesome Luxray through all my effort. Eventually, things did get better, I made tons of friends that like me for who I am. Strangely, most of those friends are girls. Heh, it seems like I'm always surrounded by women. Go figure.

Life has been good for me lately. Now, I'm here because I've seen this show before, and it looked like fun, and it looks like a good opportunity to make some new friends. I could also use the money to help my mom out. Also, I know Selena, from the last season outside the show. She's the one that suggested I try this. I know she can be hard to deal with sometimes, but she isn't that bad once you get to know her.

Also, if you guys are watching this, Hi Mom, hi Lilly, hi Lucy. I love ya!
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 29th December 2012 at 12:40 AM.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Name: Seth
    Species: Sableye
    Personality: very solitary. He wears headphones 24/7 to block out everything and everyone. He knows that he was killed but has amnesia and remembers very little about who he was. But he remembered that he hates attachments and prevents himself from getting close to anyone. He is forever searching...for his own killer.
    Reason For Joining: because it looks fun and I missed out on secrets.
    Other: He has amnesia. His most prided possession is his headphones. Don't be supprised if you say something and he totally ignores you. He just wants to find out who he was and will go through anyone to do it. He constantly goes to a position with his arms crossed, his head down and his foot tapping to the beat of the music on his headphones. He might tell you what he is listening to if you ask really carefully.
    Welcome, everyone, to the thirteenth season of Pokémon Universe! As you can see, Shaymin has ditched us yet again, so Charles and I will be running this season. If you're wondering who the heck I am, then you are not qualified to be joining this season. Onwards!

The audition challenge is to write up a detailed description of your history and background. Since there are only eighteen applicants, it's not going to be a very fierce competition, but still, if you want to make a good impression on me, Charles, and your fellow competitors-to-be, then I recommend putting an effort into this. You can put it in spoiler tags if you want to keep it private.

Anyway, some things I'll be looking out for:
    - Generally tolerable English grammar, punctuation, and spelling. As a grammar nazi, chances are that you'll have a higher chance of getting accepted if you can write English well.
    - Written in an interesting way. I don't care about how fascinating your background is, or how long you write, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't just give me a piece of "I did this. I did that. This happened. Blah blah blah."

The deadline is in 36 hours (Sunday morning, GMT time). No extensions. No application means automatic fail.
    (OOC: crud, my character has amnesia XD
    i gotta think on the spot XD)

*after shouting loud enough for him to hear with his headphones on*
    Huh? My history? Get real, I dont even know myself...But I hope this game will help me discover who I was so I guess I have to spill what I do know.
    Well, I woke up in a deep dark cave and I had no clue where I was or how I got there. I ate some ruby's I found for a few days te keep me alive but other than that, I just sat there trying to remember...something...anything...

After about a week, I think, I decided that i had to leave the cave... I had to find answers. I waited until night fell, then I gathered up a few stones I found then left the cave. Outside the cave, was a beach that I just wandered for a few hours. Then I finally cought sight of lights, and i ran to them. I realised instantly that it was a human town, and i got nervous. I decided that i had to leave with something gained so i quietly opened a door, tiptoed into a bedroom, and was about to take an oram berry fron a basket a voice told me to stop.
    I turned around and faced my catcher. "why do you want to steal that?" the man asked.
    "cuz ruby's taste like crap."I replied.
    The man chucled and asked where i came from, and I told him everything I knew. He said that I was a sableye and that I was a ghost type so I was invisble to humans unluss i wanted to show myself. He also noticed a dent in my chest and he recognised it as a bullet bark. He told me that i was likely a rare pokemon when I was alive and a hunter wanted to catch me, and obviously succeded. He asked what I was going to do next, and I said that I was going to find my killer.
    "Completely understandable...But, what next?"
    "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it." I said.
    "Very well then, take these things and remember, don't let anyone or anything stop you from doing what you need to do."

So I left. After walking for a few miles, I looked into the bag the man gave me. It had quite an array of items like potions and berries, but the thing that cought my eye was the hiney pair of headphones. They had music stored right on them so I put them on, cranked it up and set out to look for my killer.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Since none of you seem to be having any trouble posting the auditions, I'll be shortening the deadline by 12 hours, meaning that the new deadline is now 5:19PM GMT tomorrow.

History. Father thought so as well. Yes, yes that is what happened. Wait, wait, wait, I've gotta think this through. I was born in a farm or a nursery or a hospital. I was born in a place and it had trees, yes, yes, cow don't talk. Where was I? Apparently I'm hopeless to talk to, Father thought so as well, so when I went to school, I was bullied or picked upon, a couple of boys said I'm Easy, but I'm not a video game level so I don't know how that exists. I majored in Pottery, Home Economics and Neuroscience in my university. My Father told me to fall in love when I meet Mr. Right, I was then informed that it's illegal to marry video game characters or dead people. So I didn't. Now what am I doing here? What am I doing here? I have no idea, wait * Leaves and comes back wearing 6 hats* I like hats, that's probably what I'm doing here.

So my background? It's of a cat wearing a hat and a tie because it's adorable because they're kitty-cats. *Does a clawing motion* Purr.

Oh, oh, oh did you know the dog of Mickey was a planet but now he isn't? *starts thinking* Cats... Cheese... Nuclear Bomb.*Stops Thinking* Where was I? Oh I was at the part when the monkey shot the man with a garbage truck, wasn't I? I wasn't. Oh now that makes me sad.

Bleep blop. You want to know my... History...? *Scans inter galactic dictionary* Ah yes, history. The past. Well, hopefully this will suffice. Bzzzz.

I am a part of a race known as the Tunitri. We come from a planet millions of... *Skims dictionary* Bler... Light years away. We call our planet Sarifika after our Goddess, Sarifi. She protects all with her everlasting wings of light.

Our... Boop, bup... Rival recently decided to wage another war with us. Their planet if about a thousand light years away from Sarifika. Quite a lengthy trip, but we were going to prove that we were superior once and for all. I was ready to launch. I had plenty of energy pellets, my two preferred ray guns on my belt, and my best spaceship ready for the tedious journey ahead. Right before my ship left the ground, my alarms started going off. They warned me off approaching asteroids, but I did not see any in the sky. I just pulled the lever to launch and went off into space.

I had my ship on... Blap... Autopilot like always. The trip had seemed to be taking longer than usual. In the past it had only taken me the equivalent of... *Checks conversions* Half an hour. However, it seemed to be taking... *Checks conversions* About two hours. I was not sure what was wrong. My ship did not have any damage as far as I could tell, and the map on autopilot said I should have been on course. However, when I checked outside of the... Bloop, blop... window in my ship, I saw nothing that looked familiar. I was surrounded by strange planets and stars that I had never seen before. Autopilot told me that my destination was only a few light years away. I braced myself for the landing as my ship slowly began its descent. I opened the... Blep... Doors, and stepped into a new world.

I had absolutely no clue where I was. This new planet was bright and... Vibrant. It was green and filled with different kinds of specimen I had never seen before. They seemed... Happy. They were frolicking around and had the strangest expressions on their faces. I took a quick stroll around, and then came back to my ship. I tried restarting it, however it wouldn't turn on. That is my full background up to this point. I seem to be stuck on this foreign planet until I can retrieve the necessary parts to fix my ship.
    I'll put something here...eventually

(OOC: What is "script format"? Is a flashback or a written story/poem-esque entry considered a script?)

Good day to everyone! My name is Badarbin Berkster Mandreil Von Darkirsun! ...But you can call me "Gizmo". It's this nickname I got from my coleagues... I have no I dea why exactly that is my nickname. Baddy or something like that would be more logical! But they went for that... Yep... *adjusts glasses, wobbles a bit* Anyway, yes, my history!

I'm from quite a big family, 7 siblings, haha, yep, big!. I'm the 5th one to be born. We were a fun and happy drunk walking family, probably like every Spinda family is. My dad's not a Spinda, he's a Rhydon. Yeah, I know what you are thinking: Poor Spinda. But don't worry, she survived all the... "makings." Ah! Bad mental image! Ahh! *Heavliy shakes head* Ahh, glad that's out of my head! Now what? Oh, yeah, my background! Well, I always knew I was different than the rest of my siblings. My mom's nice and all. Very sweet lady. But she isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer... Like most of the knifes in said drawer. Unlike my dad! My dad actually was a smart guy. I'm probably the only one that looks most like my dad. Mental wise of course. You don't see any rocks growing out of me! Hmmm, rocks. Perhaps I should make a candy that lets rocks grow out of you. Great when you want to knock something down but don't have your hamer with you! Don't see a way to remove those rocks, but that's not important. Anyway, yes, my dad is a smart fella, engineer. I was the only one that actually took interest when he was talking about his job. And mom of course as well, but she didn't understood exactly what he was talking about. Unlike me! I always analyzed his storys well, and tried to read books. Tried, cause with eyes like these, reading isn't the easiest thing to do! My dad saw my obsession with books and bought me some glasses! I then read and listened more to my dad's storys and finally started inventing myself! The glasses were alright and well, but they didn't stop a Spinda from wobbling. So I modified the glasses! And now, as you can see, I can stand straight! *starts wobbling for a bit* Now that's just bad timing! These glasses have emotional attachement. So I never made a better version of them.

Anyway, yes, what about we skip some years, there is not much between my first years and the years I work together with Professor Ulgeo. Only school and more learning and inventing. Stuff like that. Well, I work in Ulgeo's laboratory. Yes, the great Ulgeo, some of you guys might know her. She's a good professor, teaches lots of interesting stuff. But she's slow! She tells me I should take time on my inventions! But you don't have time forever! And you can forget things! So you need to put your ideas in the real world before they are gone! She told me to write things down, but then you are busy writing things down about your invention instead that you are actually working on it! Ulgeo got me started on that writing stuff eventually... But I try to do it as less as possible!

Anyway, yes, Ulgeo has two other students as well. A Electabuzz named Shrennik and a Gabite named Elriss. Elriss' the one that came up with my nickname... She thought even "Badarbin" was too much to say! So she went with Gizmo... Why?! I asked that to her several times! Only reasons I ever got was "It fits." and "It's more feminine than Badarbin." In what way does it fits me and how does it sound more feminine!? Anyway, yes, sadly, the nickname stuck. after a while everyone was calling me Gizmo. I just accepted it and moved on. *Takes of glasses and cleans them. Is wobbling throughout the entire cleaning.* Ulgeo prefer those two above me, I'm sure of it. *Puts glasses back on* She says she handles us as equals. Yeah, sure. For example, that Shrennik. That guy is always writting. Never made something. And yet Ulgeo compliments him time after time. While I make inventions time after time!

Anyway, yes, I seemed to *wobbles* notice me that Ulgeo always took some time to go to her office once a month or 2. I always heard scribbling coming out of there. So I assumed she was doing this writing down thing. Until one time I snuck in to see what she was doing. All those months she was writing, yes, but not for inventions or formulas! But letters instead! To Iris! Most scientists know who Iris is of course, but I never would have guessed Ulgeo knew her that close! I asked Ulgeo what that was about and she answered me that Iris was her inspiration to become a scientist! So I came here to acquire that inspiration as well! With that inspiration I shall be the one that will invent the Time Travel Divice as first! I'll show you! If not, Future Me shall tell you otherwise in 3...2...1... There we go! Made my point right there! Now, if you will excuse me, I have plans on making some of that Rock Skin Candy. Catchy name, ain't it? You don't come up with a name like that with writing things down!
    The absence of fear does not mean the presence of courage…
    Merely a lack of brains…

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    (OOC: What is "script format"? Is a flashback or a written story/poem-esque entry considered a script?)
    (OOC: It's when something is written like this:
    Hello
    Hi
    Do you like puzzles
    Uh no
    Then get the hell out of here
    ...And so on. Like a playscript.)

Allister! You made it! I thought I was boring you when I told you about this contest...

Ah, my history? Um, I was kind of hoping to stay away from that. I prefer to look forward. My past kind of embarasses me... Here goes.

My full name is Mugaline Fleur. But it's Mug now, and I don't want to hear anything else.

I was raised in the Fleur royal family, who rule over... uh... a kingdom. Which one is not important. Anyway, my father, Lord Clive kept me up in the palace because he didn't want me to experience the 'evils' of the world (this is coming from a guy who thinks finger foods are barbaric). I was, due to lack of social interaction besides the servants, rather shy and withdrawn. My mother, Lady Seule, was a bit naive and just sorta went along with whatever Lord Clive thought.

One day, I heard other Pokemon playing outside, near the gates. Before I could watch them for long, and before they could invite me, Lord Clive shooed them away, saying that I was 'too good' for their games and to go away. I then decided that I didn't want to stay up in the palace and get everything I wanted anymore. I wanted to go play with the other Pokemon, even if it meant getting dirty or scratched up. I wanted to have adventures. My resolve drove me to slip outside one day and meet other Pokemon, who I started to befriend. I learned a lot from them about socializing and just friendships in general. Much, much later, after gaining confidence from my new friends, I confronted my parents and left the palace and the village for good, resulting in evolution into a Dewott.

Looking for a life as totally different as I could find, I tried to join the army of Amaranth, a nearby kingdom to the west. I had never had any experience in battle, and moreover, they were not big on accepting girls. I left and joined a drum corps, where I stayed for a while and learned how to play the snare drum. I didn't like staying in one place, so I left them after a few years and just... wandered. Angry over rejection from Amaranth, I trained myself and learned how to use the scalchops that I was born to wield. I would have trained nonstop, if I didn't take breaks to keep up with the snare drum.

On my travels, I met a Jolteon named Artemis. She was, like me, a wandering warrior. She believed firmly that her destiny was to save the world. I offered to help her, but she stubbornly retained that she had to complete her quest on her own. I was stunned. Wasn't she nervous? Did she train for hours every day? She laughed at my questions. She was very laid back. She was determined to save the world and knew it would be hard, but wasn't freaking out. I remeber her exact words: "I'm destined to be great. I can help Destiny out a bit, but I know that Destiny is best at the wheel."

I was moved by her approach. I decided that instead of relentless labor, I needed to enjoy life a little more. While rolling through one of many towns, I heard about Pokemon Universe, and I knew right away that it was for me.

Then, after crossing paths with Allister, I ended up here! Oh, speaking of you, Allister, you can sign me up for your rebel army idea. I'll gladly serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    Anyway, my father, Lord Clive
    Lord Clive
    Clive
    Clive
    CLIVE
    ...Ahem. Ignore me.
    Last edited by Azran Flame; 29th December 2012 at 12:33 AM.

...Ahem. Ignore me.
    I had a feeling you'd get a kick out of that, Flame. XD From where else could an American like me get a name like Clive than from a puzzle solving gentleman's game?

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast