52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Negaishipping

15 28.85%
  • Wishfulshipping

30 57.69%
  • Other

7 13.46%
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is your preference for Iris? Negai, or Wishful?

Default Which is your preference for Iris? Negai, or Wishful?

Somewhat similar to the Contest/Advance thread, but..

I'm sure most of us that have watched BW, have noticed that there's a lack of a blatant shipping subplot with Iris. Misty, May, and Dawn were paired up with alot of people by the fandom, by this point in their respective series. By comparison, Iris seems like theleast paired girl, with no blatant subplot whatsoever.

Given the current situation, and lack of shipping in general for the main girl, Iris, this region...which do you see as more feasible or do you prefer more (and why)?

I think BW group mechanics are similar to OS.(not equal)
    For that Iris doesn´t get as much attention as Haruka and Hikari.
    But Kasumi was similar to her,yeah...but in her case she liked Satoshi and the writers put a lot of guys flirting with Kasumi.
    I guess Wishful could work in the future,their interactions are better than the latest.. girl X the older boy pairings.
    Plus I think Dento is getting more attention than Iris and that´s something new.Maybe that´s why...or because her goal can be achieved without anyone in the path(like many rivals),except for that red hair girl that is only a hater or something.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2n0j700.png[/IMG]
    Thanks Pat!

"The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane.

You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    " - Brain Damage,Pink Floyd.

I prefer NegaiShipping more, it just seems more natural to me. Nothing against Wishful, I like that Iris and Dento actually interact, but it doesn't strike me as having romantic undertones. Not saying Negai has more of that either, but personally I see Iris and Ash making a better pair. I like their interactions and all the teasing, which is actually quite common for their age as a sign of fondness or attraction.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Huge Wishful supporter haha...Enough to where it's my biggest OTP. (I would have never thought it would be at the beginning of BW, especially since I was half joking when I said I shipped them)

Well my reasonings is that to me it feels that they complete each other. I always think about the two of them representing Pokemon Black and Pokemon White...it just seems to come down to the fact that both of them are opposites but neither of them really get upset when they argue. I'm even rather finding it hard to come up with the right words saying why I like it...but I think it's the overall unity they have. I don't see any major hints, but I don't think this ship needs it to like it. Though, Iris hiding behind him is pretty cute, given by how he is that dorky "pain" in her eyes, but he'll always be there for her and to help her out. ^.^

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

WishfulShipping is my claim and my OTP.

...Bet none of you guessed that. =P

Anyway, I like the way Iris and Cilan interact. They're so sweet together. I'm a bit like gohan5 in this; I like how Ash and Iris interact as well, but I just think they're friendly interactions, not to the point of being flirty. Also, Iris does seem to admire Cilan a lot, so yeah.

Wishfulshipping~

While I think Negai is cute, I just find Wishful to be overall more interesting. Iris and Dento compliment each other well despite their differences, and I could honestly see a relationship working out for the two compared to other Iris ships. Also, the fanart... Let's just say DenAi has the most amusing (and cutest) shipping fanart you'll ever see. XD

NegaiShipping. Period. Cilan and Iris don't strike me as a couple, it seems too strange...Iris and Ash just seems like an obvious couple. If Cilan goes out with Iris, where would Burgundy be?

Hang on a second...don't eat me WishfulShippers, you outnumber me!

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Neither of those click for me, at least as far as standalone ships go. So I voted for "Other", as in BestWishesShipping.

I adore Ash, Iris and Cilan together, and something about alienating any of them (be it Ash or Cilan - or Iris herself) doesn't sit right with me. Okay, I might like CaféMocha as a standalone ship a lot, but even then, I don't like pushing Iris completely out of the picture. I just feel like, as soon as one of them is gone, an important link is missing.

Cilan and Ash both have a tendency to be a little... bonkers in certain situations, but Iris and her dry humor are able to keep them in check most of the time. Even if they don't - her reactions seem to show that she cares about the boys. Equally, that is. It really doesn't look like she prefers one over the other.

Ash probably wouldn't be able to stop Cilan's Tirades of Insanity™ by himself most of the time - and while Cilan often doesn't listen to Iris either, she's more vicious in her attempts to snap him out of whatever fantasy he's gotten himself into.

On the other hand, Ash's existence isn't superfluous either. He's the mitigating factor during Iris/Cilan interactions - when Cilan is busy glittering over something and Iris is exasperated, Ash takes charge as the one who gets them to move on, either by sharing Cilan's excitement in a non-psycho way & persuading Iris in the process, or by forcing a change of subjects.

Iris and Ash are clearly little kids (even if the former doesn't want to admit it :D). Ironically, being alone with the guy whose childishness she admonishes the most seems to draw out Iris' own childish side. Being with Ash is positive in that the carefree and reckless aspect of Iris' character that are usually suppressed become more pronounced, but it also means that she isn't in her sharp-witted, responsible "adult role" aside from a few lukewarm such-a-kid comments here and there. That's when Cilan is the calm and reasonable one who provides them with knowledge and advice and spilled stew.

Each one of them usually brings out an important - yet often undermined - character trait of the other two, which is why I'm so reluctant to separate them into pairings. Ignoring the fact that it won't happen anyway - I just feel like the absence of one might cause stagnancy, or redundancy at least. Both in terms of the dynamic between the remaining two as well as the characters themselves.

In Iris' case, I feel like Ash offers the challenges and provocations Iris needs to step out of her comfort zone from time to time and to grow as a character. Calm!Cilan is the sweet and considerate guy who encourages her and drives her to reflect on her actions. Crazy!Cilan and hyperactive!Ash activate her no-nonsense-mode, portraying her as the voice of reason and displaying some leader-type qualities too.

tl;dr: Both guys are good for her and she's good for both. Ergo, they should all just stay together instead of ruining my sweet-happy-family dreams 8D

I prefer Negai.

I mean, I like Wishful, but I just see Cilans' and Iriss' interactions to just be friendly gestures.

I just don't see the sparks between Cilan and Iris when, for example, it's *insert hobby here* time for Cilan and it just gets Iris annoyed.

BTW, I got a 6 yearold to like Negaishipping...
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/otn79k.png[/IMG]

I both support Negai and Wishful shipping. I like Negaishipping ever since the BW starts and when Ash and Iris met. I voted for Wishfulshipping though for I really love those episodes that shows screentime for both of them. I really love Cilan's and Iris' first impression
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || cr:baekhundred || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Wishfulshipping, because I'm a Pearlshipper :P
    I also don't really see Negaishipping.
    Last edited by Dawn+Serena Fan; 18th February 2012 at 3:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

NegaiShipping of course, as gohan said, it seems more natural to me too :3
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/nlx16c.png[/IMG]

Negaishipping is definitely my choice. It stands out as an interesting relationship between Ash and Iris. Wishfulshipping, I have to admit, is pretty cool, and I respect it gratefully (Plus Cilan is so awesome!). But as an honest person, I prefer Negai more.

Oh, and don't worry Moonlight Absol, we're here to back you up in case anyone tries to attack.

*charges up Ultimatrix*

It's hero time!

for me, the only sip i like for iris is flavescentshipping (Trip x Iris), but a also like wishfulship, but i think Iris made a better couple with trip

may not have many hints, but since BW 31 this ship started to like me

Dragon Ball Forever!!

Pearlshipping Forever!!

Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

One thing I want to say:

I'm actually really happy the shipping tension isn't bad at all. I know in the past I've heard about the shipping wars between ships...and it's scary. :< Some of it I feel that people are growing older (well for us who have stuck with the series since we were little kids) are a bit more mature now...I mean, I won't doubt there are rowdy people in either fandom (there'll always be someone like that no matter the ship haha) but I think stuff like this really makes both ships allow themselves to individualize themselves and not always rely on "One has to be right and the other has to be wrong" to make their point across. Kind of like what the Black and White games were saying with Truth and Ideals . I think it also says something about the shippers as well.

--

Also another thing I find simply amusing about both ships...

Negai- Japanese- Ash is from Poke-Japan (and has trouble with some gratuitous English...like Dento's "Flavor")

Wishful- English- Dento is from Poke-New York...and speaks Gratuitous English

While I know that it isn't where these names came from, it's kind of a cool coincidence in a way. XD

Bah I know I'm such a sap Dx like tree sap

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    tumblr|fanfiction

I've heard about one really big shipping war between PokéShipping and PearlShipping before. I really hope there are no more ones like this mostly because I support both Pearl and Poké.

Anyway, I'm surprised to see that we outnumber the Negais that much (that sounds really racist, Negais, for some reason). I thought there would be more Negais than that - and I'm a Wishful.

@00_pokemaniac: Well I think that says more about the mods here than anything, shippers haven't changed much :P The fact that we still can't have debates about this is testament to that. You can still see the over-the-topness a little bit around so yeah. I mean I won't go into too much detail, but people still debate what constitutes ship evidence and stretch the truth way beyond what's necessary. I guess it's not too bad though, aside from those people that do said acts.

Well I don't know about that either, naming is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I've heard about one really big shipping war between PokéShipping and PearlShipping before. I really hope there are no more ones like this mostly because I support both Pearl and Poké.

Anyway, I'm surprised to see that we outnumber the Negais that much (that sounds really racist, Negais, for some reason). I thought there would be more Negais than that - and I'm a Wishful.
    I'm not surprised, Poke and Pearl are really big ships that have very different fans. I guess the differences between the two are the reason for that.

Well I wouldn't be that surprised, I mean the poll is not even a full day old yet. Trends come into play as well, people come and go (or don't vote), so it's not like something you can say is accurate. Also, we all saw what happened in the DP vs BW poll.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac
    One thing I want to say:

I'm actually really happy the shipping tension isn't bad at all. I know in the past I've heard about the shipping wars between ships...and it's scary. :<
    Trust me, this thread will be closed the instant things turn nasty. I absolutely cannot stand people flaming others for their ship tastes. In a fandom where the combinations are endless, people are bound to support and love different couples. I don't ask for people to like every ship; hey, there's a trio of shippings that I personally cannot stand. All I ask is for everyone to be civil to one another, to show a level of respect and let people gush about their pairings without the bashing. If I, somebody who openly admits to shipping my pairings with a truckton of passion, can do it... so can everybody else.

Friendly debates such as this one are also more than okay. On that note, I'm impressed with everyone here so far. A+.
    Last edited by Vycksta; 18th February 2012 at 11:39 PM.

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    @00_pokemaniac: Well I think that says more about the mods here than anything, shippers haven't changed much :P The fact that we still can't have debates about this is testament to that. You can still see the over-the-topness a little bit around so yeah. I mean I won't go into too much detail, but people still debate what constitutes ship evidence and stretch the truth way beyond what's necessary. I guess it's not too bad though, aside from those people that do said acts.
    Well I mean...If you look on like youtube f'rinstance you don't see much "Negai vs. Wishful"...only two I believe. While I understand the mods ban bashing here I just don't see much of it anywhere (whether fanart/dA blogs/youtube) and that really makes me happy.

Well I won't mention names...but there is this one Flavescentshipper who has a thing against Wishful. That's just one loud person and doesn't speak for the fandom...which admittedly...I kind of get amusement out of their trollings

Well I don't know about that either, naming is different.
    It's a coincidence, but a fitting coincidence.

Well I wouldn't be that surprised, I mean the poll is not even a full day old yet. Trends come into play as well, people come and go (or don't vote), so it's not like something you can say is accurate. Also, we all saw what happened in the DP vs BW poll.
    Yes, and well remember that this isn't limited to OTPs....I can guarantee that some people (obviously not all) voting for Wishful (or other) already have a ship with Ash that they love quite a bit more so just say "Wishful" or "Other" because of that, without putting much thought into it. I fear if it was to go by OTPs...everyone adores their OTP just as much as the other person so it wouldn't really prove anything.

Honestly, they'd probably even be equal if we take the obsessive people over them.

All in all shipping popularity amuses me for some reason, while at the same time it's kind of silly.

tumblr|fanfiction

@Vycksta: I couldn't agree more, I mean BestWishesShipping is my favorite trio pairing. I completely respect both shippings, though I see some people prefer to only acknowledge things they believe help their own ship. It's a little unsettling, but things in this thread are fine, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Yes, and well remember that this isn't limited to OTPs....I can guarantee that some people (obviously not all) voting for Wishful (or other) already have a ship with Ash that they love quite a bit more so just say "Wishful" or "Other" because of that, without putting much thought into it. I fear if it was to go by OTPs...everyone adores their OTP just as much as the other person so it wouldn't really prove anything.

Honestly, they'd probably even be equal if we take the obsessive people over them.

All in all shipping popularity amuses me for some reason, while at the same time it's kind of silly.
    Yeah that is a little unsettling that people would vote based on their Ash ship, personally I'd just say other if I didn't care for either of these ships, but they are allowed to share their own opinion how they please. What do you mean about OTPs not proving anything? I mean this poll in general doesn't prove anything.
    Last edited by gohan5; 18th February 2012 at 11:47 PM.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    What?! We're endangered? Oh noez!

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post

Also another thing I find simply amusing about both ships...

Negai- Japanese- Ash is from Poke-Japan (and has trouble with some gratuitous English...like Dento's "Flavor")

Wishful- English- Dento is from Poke-New York...and speaks Gratuitous English

While I know that it isn't where these names came from, it's kind of a cool coincidence in a way. XD
    XD That's pretty funny, no wonder I always am correcting Ash's English

Quote Originally Posted by NegaiFreak View Post
    Negaishipping is definitely my choice. It stands out as an interesting relationship between Ash and Iris. Wishfulshipping, I have to admit, is pretty cool, and I respect it gratefully (Plus Cilan is so awesome!). But as an honest person, I prefer Negai more.

Oh, and don't worry Moonlight Absol, we're here to back you up in case anyone tries to attack.

*charges up Ultimatrix*

It's hero time!
    I love your support NegaiFreak XD

...but what's up with the Ben 10? Oh well, why do I care?

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Definitely Wishfulshipping, though I also like the idea of Ash x Iris x Cilan group shipping - like Sushi summed it up, they each bring out something different in other person.

I voted Negai so far I know it's the unpopular vote but in all respect I find Negai shipping adorable and I can't see wishful happening ^^; I like Iris and Ash's interactions they are different from all the other females and by Iris's unique personality makes it my second favorite Ash ship, and I'm also a Pearlshipper :P

It's not that the pairing is unpopular, but the fact that there are other shippers voting Wishful, not out of evidence, but to keep Iris away from Ash that kinda skews the vote. You know, they have their Ash ship so they say they don't like Negai solely because of that. Not what I'd call a fair view, but they can vote how they please. I like you am a multishipper, so it doesn't bother me to support more than one ship for a character.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast