Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Electric Tales

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    24

    Thumbs up Electric Tales

    I am here Today/Tonight asking for the help of anyone who is reading this. If helping a fan out is too much effort, then please, go read the next post to save yourself some time. What I am trying to do is get enough of a voice out there to help bring back the Electric Tales Of Pikachu manga.

    This is an old pokemon manga back from the 90's, one that many pokemon fans missed out on. It followed the basic line of the original series, however ends after the league, showing the characters in the future, and how they all ended up. It is one that many pokemon fans would enjoy.

    The company Chuang Yi told me about a year ago that if I could get enough people wanting this series, they would reprint it, however they can only print the series out in sets of 1000. To be sure, I am trying to get at least 2000 people to join the group, showing their support, so that this manga can be re-released for us all.

    All I am asking you to do is to sign into facebook, click the link, and like, and possibly share it. Every single click counts, and I hope that you can all help make this possible.

    For those who have read it all, I thank you for reading it, and your possible support, and you may resume browsing through the content this site has to offer.

    http://www.facebook.com/BringBackElectricTalesOfPikachu

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    1. Petitions are NOT allowed here! Post it in your signature instead where it's allowed, like I have done.
    2. Chuang Yi does not have a license outside of South East Asia, which means that if Chuang Yi sells it outside of their territory they'll get sued.
    So if you actually pull this off you'll have to buy it from third parties like eBay sellers.
    3. Facebook is not the best place for petitions. Think about those who are considered to be "too old" fo Pokémon by society and don't want their friends to see it. I recommend gopetition.com where the signers can remain anonymous.
    4. You claim that only volume 1 is censored. That's not true, even the Japanese volumes are censored. Only the Japanese magazine editions are uncensored. NSFW, click on your own risk: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/ib/threads/1984
    5. In my opinion the censored versions are better than the uncensored ones. I feel that the story itself is more important than giant bazongas.
    6. I might know someone who can get some of the Chuang Yi volumes for those of you who want them.
    7. Fun fact: Toshihiro Ono, the author of The Electric Tale of Pikachu, is mainly a hentai author.


    Your third thread, you just don't give up do you?
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...les-Of-Pikachu
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...les-Of-Pikachu
    Last edited by PokeAwesome94; 27th December 2012 at 9:06 PM.
    Proud supporter of the petition for the awesome Pokémon anime shown in this animated Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 trailer!

    PokéCommunity thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282195

    Copy this to your signature and repost it on social networks if you support the creation of the anime shown in the BW2 trailer!
    Started by PokeAwesome94.

    If you are a fan of the Pokémon Adventures manga you're going to love it.
    If you haven't read the Pokémon Adventures manga, you should try it and you're probably going to love the video anyway.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Firstly, I asked the owner of Serebii if they could help me out, they said to post it in the manga discussion forums because 'they would love to help out'.
    Secondly, its mainly 2 pages that were removed, and some images edited, however I do prefer it the was originally created.
    Thirdly, they have stated that with enough of a voice out there, they will allow it to be remade, and said facebook is acceptable.
    Fourthly, I have purchased from them in the past, and have been nice.

    And fifthly, I would like to ask you on what condition the volumes would be in, as I am interested in buying them.

    I apologize if this is annoying, but this is something that I have been wanting for a long time, and as the pokemon series has taught us, if you want something, go for it, don't let anyone hold you back, or tell you to quit. With enough time and effort, anything is possible.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PheonixGRX View Post
    Firstly, I asked the owner of Serebii if they could help me out, they said to post it in the manga discussion forums because 'they would love to help out'.
    Ok, good. Didn't know that


    Quote Originally Posted by PheonixGRX View Post
    Thirdly, they have stated that with enough of a voice out there, they will allow it to be remade, and said facebook is acceptable.
    Yeah, that's true and it's too late to change platform anyway since you already have over 600 signatures.


    Quote Originally Posted by PheonixGRX View Post
    Fourthly, I have purchased from them in the past, and have been nice.
    Do you live in Singapore, Malaysia, India, the Philippines, Indonesia or Thailand? Those are countries that Chuang Yi has a license for. Otherwise they would be breaking the law as far as I have understood.


    Quote Originally Posted by PheonixGRX View Post
    And fifthly, I would like to ask you on what condition the volumes would be in, as I am interested in buying them.
    I have no idea, I just know some people who could search for it and MAYBE find it, most likely in used condition as the manga is 12 years old. I think I've read online that Chuang Yi in the past used paper that yellowed, so that's a risk. Chuang Yi's license at the time (for mangas in general, don't know if it applies to this manga as well) covered Singapore and Malaysia, so it's there you'll have to look. I'll send you a PM with some contact information to some manga sellers later.


    Quote Originally Posted by PheonixGRX View Post
    I apologize if this is annoying, but this is something that I have been wanting for a long time, and as the pokemon series has taught us, if you want something, go for it, don't let anyone hold you back, or tell you to quit. With enough time and effort, anything is possible.
    It's good that you're trying, it's just that I've never seen a petition like this work, but considering that you have 619/2000 signatures and a promise from Chuang Yi it might work.

    I do have a suggestion:
    You should post the petition at Bulbagarden Forums and at The PokéCommunity. Then you will have advertised the petition at the three largest Pokémon forums in the world and maximized the number of viewers.
    BUT, petitions are banned by the rules over there too, so you'll have to ask the manga section mods and / or the webmasters of those forums or they'll lock the thread when they see it. It's probably best to ask both the manga section mods and the webmasters.
    Last edited by PokeAwesome94; 28th December 2012 at 10:28 PM.
    Proud supporter of the petition for the awesome Pokémon anime shown in this animated Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 trailer!

    PokéCommunity thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282195

    Copy this to your signature and repost it on social networks if you support the creation of the anime shown in the BW2 trailer!
    Started by PokeAwesome94.

    If you are a fan of the Pokémon Adventures manga you're going to love it.
    If you haven't read the Pokémon Adventures manga, you should try it and you're probably going to love the video anyway.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Thank you. I have been searching for the mangas myself online as well and have not been able to find anything yet, minus some scans of them but that isn't quite what I want. I shall be asking on those forums soon, and even asking some of the bigger pokemon pages on facebook if I could get a quick shout-out for the page, hopefully that will push the likes up quite a bit.

    I currently live in Australia, and apparently they had no problem selling their mangas over here. If, however, they decide that they cannot send here, I have a friend in the Philippines who could receive the item on my behalf, and then send those over to me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PheonixGRX View Post
    I currently live in Australia, and apparently they had no problem selling their mangas over here. If, however, they decide that they cannot send here, I have a friend in the Philippines who could receive the item on my behalf, and then send those over to me.
    Chuang Yi sells it's mangas to Australia and New Zealand through Madman Entertainment. So, they don't directly sell their mangas there. Instead they sell sub-licenses to Madman Entertainment who then sell the mangas.

    iSUBSCRiBE sells Chuang Yi's Pokémon mangas in Australia, so you could probably get it from there if your petition succeeds. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Kinokuniya would sell it in their store if your petition succeeds. (However, neither of them will have any old Electric Tale of Pikachu copies). Or you can just get it from one of the sellers I mentioned in my PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by PheonixGRX View Post
    I shall be asking on those forums soon
    Ok, but try to choose a better name for the thread when you post it there. "Electric Tales" isn't really that "attention-grabbing", try something like "The Electric Tale of Pikachu might get reprinted!". That should get more views.
    Last edited by PokeAwesome94; 29th December 2012 at 4:47 AM.
    Proud supporter of the petition for the awesome Pokémon anime shown in this animated Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 trailer!

    PokéCommunity thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282195

    Copy this to your signature and repost it on social networks if you support the creation of the anime shown in the BW2 trailer!
    Started by PokeAwesome94.

    If you are a fan of the Pokémon Adventures manga you're going to love it.
    If you haven't read the Pokémon Adventures manga, you should try it and you're probably going to love the video anyway.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Unfortunately that past 200 likes, you cant change it, and you can only have 1 space in it. I will ask them once I can get onto my computer a bit later. Thank you though, it means a lot to get some help.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Also, you could maybe post this on 4chan? Note that 4chan is one of the most crazy and lawless places online, so know what you're getting into. I don't know if petitions are allowed there (advertising isn't at least), so it's probably good to ask the admin.

    Quote Originally Posted by PheonixGRX View Post
    Unfortunately that past 200 likes, you cant change it, and you can only have 1 space in it. I will ask them once I can get onto my computer a bit later. Thank you though, it means a lot to get some help.
    Nah, I'd say that the Facebook page's name (BringBack ElectricTalesOfPikachu) is optimal, it tells what the petition is all about and sound's fitting for a Facebook page. I'm just talking about forum threads in this case, since I believe a forum thread named "The Electric Tale of Pikachu might get reprinted!" will get much attention.


    By the way, if you succeed with this petition, are you planning to do a petition for the Mewtwo Strikes Back! manga apadtion? It's written by the same author, has the same characters and is considered by some fans to be the continuation of The Electric Tale of Pikachu. It's about the events leading up to the first movie. It's one chapter long (54 pages + the cover) and has only been released inside a CoroCoro magazine in Japan and then republished as an appendix that was included with another CoroCoro magazine (if I remember correctly). It's extremely rare even in Japan. But since it has never been translated to English it'd probably be expensive for Chuang Yi to produce. And Chuang Yi doesn't translate manga from Japanese to English, CY translate Chinese translations, so CY would have to hire a new translator just for that project. All of this means that for CY to release the Mewtwo Strikes Back! manga apadtion there would have to be a lot of signatures.
    Last edited by PokeAwesome94; 29th December 2012 at 4:15 PM.
    Proud supporter of the petition for the awesome Pokémon anime shown in this animated Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 trailer!

    PokéCommunity thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282195

    Copy this to your signature and repost it on social networks if you support the creation of the anime shown in the BW2 trailer!
    Started by PokeAwesome94.

    If you are a fan of the Pokémon Adventures manga you're going to love it.
    If you haven't read the Pokémon Adventures manga, you should try it and you're probably going to love the video anyway.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I have tried 4chan, on the pokemon board, request board, and even the random board. For a bunch of people who like to talk deeply about NSFW porn things, they really hate the idea of the manga being uncensored. I might try again soon, though my main problem is checking back and reading all the annoying comments.

    I didn't know about the pokemon mewtwo one, and maybe I should try to get that done as well. I know for a fact that I will need to use a lot people in the petition, however to what I have seen from the Viz Media and Chuang Yi mangas, the ones that are the same (written/translated) are usually grabbed from a fan translation online. I had read the pokemon special ones for a while online, mainly because VM didn't publish any of them for a while (just read the new post that the R/S ones will come out) and one of the gold chapters, his politoad is called poiltoad in one line, and that is in both the fan translation, and the Viz Media one. Knowing this, translating it should be fairly simple.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PheonixGRX View Post
    I have tried 4chan, on the pokemon board, request board, and even the random board. For a bunch of people who like to talk deeply about NSFW porn things, they really hate the idea of the manga being uncensored. I might try again soon, though my main problem is checking back and reading all the annoying comments.

    I didn't know about the pokemon mewtwo one, and maybe I should try to get that done as well. I know for a fact that I will need to use a lot people in the petition, however to what I have seen from the Viz Media and Chuang Yi mangas, the ones that are the same (written/translated) are usually grabbed from a fan translation online. I had read the pokemon special ones for a while online, mainly because VM didn't publish any of them for a while (just read the new post that the R/S ones will come out) and one of the gold chapters, his politoad is called poiltoad in one line, and that is in both the fan translation, and the Viz Media one. Knowing this, translating it should be fairly simple.
    And then there's always reddit.


    On second thought, I guess that a Japanese to English translator can't be that much more expensive than a Chinese to English translator.

    You'll have to make a new petition for the first movie manga if your going to petition it, since the signers of your EToP petition has agreed to that EToP should be reprinted by CY, nothing else. (And you'll of course have to ask CY again and all that.)
    Proud supporter of the petition for the awesome Pokémon anime shown in this animated Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 trailer!

    PokéCommunity thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282195

    Copy this to your signature and repost it on social networks if you support the creation of the anime shown in the BW2 trailer!
    Started by PokeAwesome94.

    If you are a fan of the Pokémon Adventures manga you're going to love it.
    If you haven't read the Pokémon Adventures manga, you should try it and you're probably going to love the video anyway.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    It will take a while to do, but I am up for the challenge. Thanks for all the support.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •