Thread: Laptop Not Maintaining Charge?

Default Laptop Not Maintaining Charge?

So I have a pretty basic Netbook, a Gateway running on Windows 7 Starter. I've had it for 4 years and recently it's started to not maintain it's charge. It will say it's charging but remain at only 9% Battery, so I must leave it plugged in all the time.

At first I assumed I must just not be giving it enough time to charge, so I left it on all night with nothing running hoping it would charge. It didn't help. I'm still able to use it, but having to have it plugged in all time is slightly annoying.

Any suggestions?

Lithium ion batteries degrade as they charge, eventually to the point of not holding any at all. Your only option is to get a new battery.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

If/When you do get a new one, it's better to let the battery get all the way to 0% before starting to charge it up again - that way the battery lasts longer. Just make sure you save stuff frequently if you're going to do that.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    If/When you do get a new one, it's better to let the battery get all the way to 0% before starting to charge it up again - that way the battery lasts longer. Just make sure you save stuff frequently if you're going to do that.
    I've always heard that it's bad to let a battery get to 0% before charging it and that it's best to charge it when it's at around 10% instead. But that's just what I've heard.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Charge cycles don't work. It's always better to do partial charges rather than pump-and-dump.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec