Thread: My first "team" -- Halp :(

Default My first "team" -- Halp :(

So, im relatively new to pkmn. I have 5-6 friends that play. My gf got me into it
    Im making my first team for battling. before, I just kinda took 6 OU things, 1-2 defensive, 1-2 physical and 1-2 special and rolled with it cuz they were all ou and strong >.>

Anyway, I want to make a sunny day team. Without using all OU. Somewhat on the weaker side, yet still strong and fun ^.^

Lead Pokemon:
    Pokemon: Ninetails
    Ability: Drought
    Nature: Timid
    Evs/Ivs: 252 hp / 124 def / 132 spe
    Moveset:
    Flamethrower
    Sunny day
    Hypnosis
    Confuse ray

Basically there to get the sun shining then for some light damage/status effects as needed.

2nd pokemon:
    Pokemon: Arcanine
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Adamant
    Evs/Ivs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
    Moveset:
    Flare blitz
    Wild Charge
    Close combat / Crunch (havent fully picked yet!)
    Morning sun

This guy is just one of my fav pokemon. Can abuse the sun with his flare blitz. Has high damage, with self-inflicted drawbacks -- but morning sun to heal through it. More of a utility pick!

3rd
    Pokemon: Altaria
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Calm
    Evs/Ivs: 252 hp / 4 defense / 252 spec d
    Moveset:
    Roost
    Dragon Pulse
    Toxic
    Heal Bell

This cute lil guy is there to heal and lay toxic and cleanse my team if needed And to tank special attacks!

4th
    Pokemon: Hariyama
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Nature: Careful
    Evs/Ivs: 252 atk / 252 hp / 4 D
    Moveset:
    Thunderpunch
    Bullet Punch
    Close Combat
    Earthquake

This guy is there to just deal a ton of damage, and take hits i know are fire for my sweeper. He can hit really hard, while taking a beating. Very solid. Also EQ counters lots of the big pokemon i see

5th MY SWEEPER YAAAAAAAY
    Pokemon: Exeggutor
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Nature: Modest
    Evs/Ivs: 252 speed / 252 Special Attack / 4 hp
    Moveset:
    Solar beam
    Psychic
    Hidden Power Ice
    ???

This guy is there to crush the competition. With his high speed (from ability, EVs) he comes out hitting HUGE and often going first. Not much else needs to be said, i dont think?

Last Pokemon
    NO IDEA -- NEED HELPS

Ive also thought about replacing altaria with like..... blissy or snorlax. Or hariyama for one of them.

But i have no idea how to round out my team, or if i should replace ninetails with groudon (i think his name is) the ground legendary.

I need help building this team I really want to keep arcanite (if possible) and exeggutor... Hopefully hariyama too. Hes awesome ha ha

We need some more description. I'll consider commenting then.
    Go Aegislash!

3DS Friend Code 152135667963 be sure to add me im always wanting to make any new friends to trade/battle with. Also looking for ANY POKEMON WITH POKERUS. PLEASE PM ME WITH POKEMON THAT HAVE POKERUS.

Where are the items?
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophix View Post
    We need some more description. I'll consider commenting then.
    Dont... Really know how to comment on them?

I mean. Sun makes fire better, and the chlorophyll faster. That i can read......
    But i dont know any of the deep strategy, or anything.
    :/ hard to start. GF plays for fun, dont really know her 4 friends too well to help teach me HOW to battle or what im looking for... :/

We just need to know what you plan on using everything for and why you've given it the item, nature, ability, EVs and moves it has. Any non-listed IVs will also most likely (I do this anyway) be assumed flawless, o the closest to flawless your Hidden Power type allows.

We also kinda need that sixth member.

Do not use Groudon, you do not want to play Ubers with this. It'd get mauled enough in OU as it is, with Arcanine overshadowed by Infernape, Heatran and Volcarona, Hariyama overshadowed by... Nearly everything... and Altaria.... See Hariyama....
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis