Thread: Turning Composite & S Video to Component o HDMI

Default Turning Composite & S Video to Component o HDMI

I'm looking for something that can turn a Composite Video or S-Video into Component Video or HDMI a like Gamecube for example, I want to turn my Gamecube to be in 480p but I can't get a Component cable because their too expensive. Is there a way to turn outdated video resolution into HD Videos on HDTVs? Like a box or smething that can convert from Composite into Component for HDTVs?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Ok, If you're European, I'd suggest GC SCART lead, this can allow for RGB quality images, for Ł10.00+. That is assuming that you're not using the Composite video "converter" block, or a cheap 10pin SCART cable. However, the European Gamecube does not send 480p signals at all. (The Wii can, but the UK Wii will not send 480p images when playing GC games.) For those who use them The "converters" don't make the signal much better that before.

The PS2 does support Component Video, and you can buy the correct lead quite cheaply as they're basicly PS3 accessories. I got one for Ł9.99 (before Store credit, which made it free).

Remember that the older Consoles games can be played on newer consoles, such as PS1, and GameCube Via PS2/PS3 and Wii Via Backwards Compatibility, and "Virtual Console" for the several others.

I don't think there are any converters that are cheaper than the leads themselves, plus I don't think you can get a true 480p signal without one anyway.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Does the scart cable work on NTSC Gamecube consoles?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far: