Thread: My Revised SoulSilver Team. Is it perfect?

Hybrid View

Cool My Revised SoulSilver Team. Is it perfect?

Read the title guys.

Typhlosion(Vulcan)
    Mild/Blaze
    EV 252 Spa/252 Spe/8 HP
    Holding Heat Rock
    Sunny Day
    Flamethrower
    Solarbeam
    Focus Blast
    *I will scorch you until you are nothing but worthless ashes....

Fearow(Fear)
    Adamant/Keen Eye
    EV 252 Att/252 Spe/8 Spd
    Holding Shell Bell
    Drill Peck
    Steel Wing
    U-Turn
    Return
    *The beak is scary isnt it

Ampharos(Buzz)
    Modest/Static
    EV 252 Spa/128 Spd/128 Hp
    Holding Wise Glasses
    Signal Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Power Jem
    Thunder Wave
    *My light can be seen from infinity and beyond

Nidoking(Barney)
    Adamant/Poison Point
    EV 252 Att/252 Spe/ 8 Hp
    Holding Muscle Band
    Megahorn
    Earthquake
    Shadow Claw
    Poison Jab
    *I love you, if you love me, then you will rate my very fairly with a great big heart and an experts opinion, then you show that im awesome

Machamp(Hercule)
    Adamant/No Gaurd
    EV 252 Att/128 Def/128 Spd
    Holding Leftovers
    Dynamic Punch
    Stone Edge
    Bulk Up
    Ice Punch
    *DBZ FTW!

Lapras(Tessie)
    Mild/Water Absorb
    EV 252 Spa/ 128 Hp/ 128 Spd
    Holding Quick Claw
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunder
    Psychic
    *I play Earthbound

Lol. So any further improvements? Also, with natures, i factored in the need for them through the game. I cant give Typhlosion Modest when he mainly learns physical moves while leveling. Not dumping any of these either, this took planning. I will use these against Red too.
    I AM NERDZ! YOU SHALL OBEY ME OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!

Come on guys

If this is an in-game team, I would suggest switching Fly for U-turn on Fearow and Strength for Megahorn on Nidoking. Otherwise, you're gonna have a bad time!
    Other than that, it's very good. I have no further critiques for it.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

I understand U Turn but Megahorn? Megahorn is a rare and most powerful bug move, ill give strength to some HM slave

Strength is fairly useful. 80 Base Power. Neutral damage. Its not Return, but it would make Nidoking fare better against gyms (since no gyms in Johto have Bug weakness)
    But I understand where you're coming from. Megahorn is really powerful. Machamp's moves are pretty solid, so maybe Shadow Claw instead?

That being said, the first E4 member uses psychic types which megahorn would tear thru on nidoking. However he's poison type so it's kind of gimmicky. up to you really.

A bit of a gamble isnt it? Maybe I could give it a payapa berry, i could trade it over from my platinum. However, the accuracy may or may not be worth it. Ill go weigh my options

My guess would be to replace Megahorn with Strength. I mean, you still have Shadow Claw for Will and Morty, whereas you're gambling with Megahorn and Will (That is IF you can outspeed the Psychic).

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    My guess would be to replace Megahorn with Strength. I mean, you still have Shadow Claw for Will and Morty, whereas you're gambling with Megahorn and Will (That is IF you can outspeed the Psychic).
    Im EV training speed plus I love being overleveled(by like 10 levels AT LEAST) so speed isnt too troublesome. Plus he dosent use the absolute fastest pokemon, the fastest is probably Gardevoir post ending.

tis true. and if you're running signal beam on ampharos, who can also deal with xatu, you dont really need another bug type move.

you can always run rain dance on lapras instead of psychic and give thunder 100% accuracy and boosts surf, and then swap t-bolt on ampharos for thunder as well, or just run t-bolt on lapras. i wouldn't recommend thunder without rain dance support though. not really worth the accuracy loss.

Maybe swap drill peck on fearow for brave bird, since the shell bell will counteract the recoil, plus it's the strongest physical flying move, so you also get stab. You're looking at a 180 base power attack iirc, which would be nice especially with fearow's speed.

I would say maybe swap bulk up for bullet punch for priority, and run life orb for revenge killing.

Quote Originally Posted by CMHennigan View Post
    tis true. and if you're running signal beam on ampharos, who can also deal with xatu, you dont really need another bug type move.

you can always run rain dance on lapras instead of psychic and give thunder 100% accuracy and boosts surf, and then swap t-bolt on ampharos for thunder as well, or just run t-bolt on lapras. i wouldn't recommend thunder without rain dance support though. not really worth the accuracy loss.

Maybe swap drill peck on fearow for brave bird, since the shell bell will counteract the recoil, plus it's the strongest physical flying move, so you also get stab. You're looking at a 180 base power attack iirc, which would be nice especially with fearow's speed.

I would say maybe swap bulk up for bullet punch for priority, and run life orb for revenge killing.
    Can Fearow learn Brave Bird anyway? If so how, cause I dont recall it by level up and theres no tm. Is it a bp move?

No, its an Egg move. You have to breed it with Staraptor or whoever else learns it.

Sorry i dont do breeding moves, but its an awesome attack. Ill consider it

Seriously, drop the Fearow. It isn't a good pokémon at all. You better take Skarmory or Altaria as a Flying type.

I want a physical sweeper early on in the game, plus really any pokemon works well in game. I could probably trade a Staraptor over from my platinum, or a Salamence