Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Villain in any media

Default Best Villain in any media

In most of the books, comic books, video games, TV shows, and movies that you read/played/watched, you have been introduced to many villains. Which of these villains do you think is the best villain and why?

Personally The Joker, he has the strongest ties to Batman and the action between them thrills me.

I think the joker is great too but I think bane from the last batman movie is awesome.

His mask thing looks cool and he is one of the most evil villain I have seen.

Credit to me

Why must you make me choose?

It's going to be very hard to choose which villain of which media is the best, because there are a lot of good ones out there. So, I'll start with anime. There are a lot of awesome villains in anime, but I haven't seen all of the anime in the world. But for the ones I have seen, I think the best villain thus far in anime has to be Johan Liebert from Monster.

Oh dear God is this guy horrifying. He's handsome with the face of an angel and can be nice to people, but he's pretty much evil incarnate. You rarely see him without his signature small smile on his face (though when he does give a big grin, it's the most terrifying thing you'll ever see). He smiles when he talks people into suicide (or kills them himself), he smiles when he tells a boy to look for his mother in a red light district, he smiles as a library filled with people burns down. And the best part is: you don't see him a lot. He shows up when you least suspect it, and it hits the hardest when he does... because you know something bad's going to happen. There are many, many things Johan does, but many of them deal with huge spoilers. Just know that he's a nihilist, and go watch it. Now.

In fact, listen to this particular piece of music from the show because it comes up on a very important part or two. This I feel associates with Johan the most... or at least the whole show in general. Oh, what the heck, this one too, as this pops up a lot in the show. (Avoid the comment section.)

For regular cartoons, it's hard to say, there are a lot of good villains out there. So I'll go with Disney villains and say, like always, that Frollo is the best villain Disney ever made. The first time you see him, he's arresting gypsies, and chases down one of them because he thinks the baby she's carrying is something she stole (which the gypsy did in the actual book, in stealing Quasimodo, but it's not established in the movie). Then when he takes it from her on the steps of Notre Dame, he kicks her down the steps where she dies of a concussion. Then he was going to throw the baby down a well "back to Hell". All in God's holy name. In the first five minutes.

Yeah. Never going to find another villain from Disney as despicable as him. (Though I'm secretly wishing for that.)

That's all I can think of at the moment, but it's just going to be hard thinking of other great villains, because there are a whole lot of them out there. Of course, my favorites are those villains who are complete monsters, and they are some of the best villains around. Of course, your mileage may vary...
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 28th December 2012 at 7:48 PM. Reason: Added it again
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange

I just love he absolutely loves being a bad guy. He doesn't blame a bad upbringing or talk about how he was bullied as a kid or any other cliche and poorly done backstory. He does bad things because he simply enjoys it and doesn't care what anyone has to say about it. For me, not a single villain comes even close, not even the greats like Billy and Stu, Jigsaw, Freddie, or Jason.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Ben Linus from LOST springs to mind, because he's a character who, very much like Severus Snape, simply has his own agenda. In a show where nothing is black and white, he is the sketchiest of all to pin down. He causes many deaths, and he gassed the entire DHARMA initiative just to claim ownership over the island, but he also suffers loss and abuse, and Michael Emerson makes him so pitiable and human.

Reason number 475983765 I adore LOST.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

for me, its a tie between:
    professor james moriarty
    and
    master Xehenort
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Petyr Baelish is my favourite.

Lavos from Chrono Trigger
    Zuko from ATLA
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

My personal favorite villain is Deathstroke (such a bad**** merc), but while every villain tries to dominate the world, Final Fantasy 6's villain, Kefka, actually succeeds in destroying the world.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/11i1u8j.png[/IMG]

Credit to Mew_ for the banner and pokemon player for the Growlithe Lickies.

Yzma! From disney's... thing with that Kuzko-guy

Im gonna say Gollum. Gollum what do you think?

Gollum: we dontz carezz..
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I think Ghirahim from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

They introduce him at the beginning of the game and show the character how weak they are against his power. The first boss fight is him just playing with you! They also do a great job of making the player really grow to hate him throughout the game and in the end making the final fight against him awesome
    Epic trades for you!

FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

Offering:
    DWF:

Looking for:

Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

Geez, this is hard. To name a few:

The Dark Voice - StarCraft
    Kerrigan - StarCraft
    Arthas - WarCraft
    Sargeras - WarCraft
    The Gravemind - Halo
    The Didact - Halo
    The Joker - Batman
    R'as al Ghul - Batman
    Dagoth Ur - The Elder Scrolls
    Saren - Mass Effect
    The Illusive Man - Mass Effect
    Master Xehanort - Kingdom Hearts
    GLaDOS - Portal
    Wheately - Portal
    Edgar Ross - Red Dead Redemption
    The Tyranids - Warhammer 40,000
    Voldemort - Harry Potter
    Sauron - The Lord of the Rings
    Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious - Star Wars
    Darth Vader - Star Wars
    Khan - Star Trek
    The T-1000 - The Terminator
    Teeleh - The Circle

Curses, all my favourite villains have already been mentioned in the first 4 replies!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Darth Maul, Savage Oppress and General Grevious.
    Doctor Doom
    Joker

The winner is:

Spoiler:- large image:

Frollo..one word..HELLFIRE

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Im gonna say Gollum. Gollum what do you think?

Gollum: we dontz carezz..
    Is he really considered a villain though? I'm not very educated in LOTR, but isn't he only bad because he's being controlled?

Then again, I might have it all wrong >.>

Anyway, I really liked Light from Death Note.

Probably Ridley from The Metroid Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    Is he really considered a villain though? I'm not very educated in LOTR, but isn't he only bad because he's being controlled?

Then again, I might have it all wrong >.>

Anyway, I really liked Light from Death Note.
    Much like how the death note corrupted Light into becoming a villain (though Light probably wasn't very stable to begin with, and the power got to his head), the ring corrupted Sméagol and he murdered his relative when he refused to give it to him. Though Sméagol was corrupted immediately while Light got in way over his head after a few successful killings, but both had pitiful--but karmic--deaths. Funny how similar the two are.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Let's make it easy and just say that the best villain of all time is Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Let's make it easy and just say that the best villain of all time is Galactus.
    Really? I thought it was Jessie, James and Meowth XD (Kidding even if they were great in the OS and BW).

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Really? I thought it was Jessie, James and Meowth XD (Kidding even if they were great in the OS and BW).
    Ah sarcasm, always gets at least one good laugh.

We all know who the greatest villain is and that is sin. Now to wait for someone to reply to my message questioning if I meant Red Skull's daughter (which I did not).

The Origami Killer from Heavy Rain. Spoilers follow:
        Spoiler:- Heavy Rain Spoilers:
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast