View Poll Results: 2012 DS/3DS Game of the Year

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Resident Evil: Revelations

    1 1.15%
  • Tales of the Abyss

    1 1.15%
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising

    27 31.03%
  • Mario Tennis Open

    1 1.15%
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2

    3 3.45%
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star

    7 8.05%
  • Pokémon Black 2 & White 2

    39 44.83%
  • Pokémon Conquest

    1 1.15%
  • Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

    1 1.15%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

    6 6.90%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 58

Thread: 2012 DS/3DS Game of the Year

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    Gotta give it to BW2. Gamefreak definitely surpassed my expectations with that one. Kid Icarus was good too, but not as good as BW2. Everything else was average (not necessarily bad, just stuff that we get every single year).

  2. #27
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    5,092

    Default

    I think we can all agree that Black 2/White 2 is the best Pokemon RPG of the Year.

  3. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Who outside of the Pokemon fanbase will remember BW2 as a pinnacle of the 3DS in 2012
    No one, because it's a DS title, but continue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    an impressive, memorable title that blows everything else out of the water, something for handheld developers to aspire to?
    Who says B/W2 can't be any of these? Who says the other options are?

    You'd have a point if the polled list and/or the rest of the release schedule this year were a proverbial Ocarina of Time and a bunch of also-rans, but it isn't. They're all games ranging from solid to very good, and combined with the fact that, shockingly, B/W2 are very good games, there's no issue here. It's as valid of a choice as any of the others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Pokemon doesn't blow people away like it used to.
    So what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Most of what BW2 includes has been done in some regard.
    Darn near other option on the polled list is a new entry in an existing franchise. Couldn't you make the same complaint about everything, then?

    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    I think we can all agree that Black 2/White 2 is the best Pokemon RPG of the Year.
    I'm not saying it absolutely has to be rated as more than this. I am saying that to try and argue it shouldn't be included in a list of the year's top releases is misguided, at best.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    I think we can all agree that Black 2/White 2 is the best Pokemon RPG of the Year.
    I disagree. Conquest > BW2.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,754

    Default

    I'm actually going to go with Dream Drop Distance. The series has been going on with side-games for a long time now, and I feel like this game changed up the gameplay a lot, and in a good way. It's at a much faster pace and the dream eaters are fun as partners, though there's been better. The plot was also interesting, and it's nice to finally have something lead to KH3.


  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Ports are generally ineligible for GOTY status.
    Excellent comeback however it also hits the Pokémon sequels hard.

    I'm going with Uprising, though I haven't picked it up in a while, it's a great title with some awesome online gameplay. Still, I don't think it's strong enough of a piece to keep the gold.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    5,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Excellent comeback however it also hits the Pokémon sequels hard.
    Yeah, we're gonna need to consider that Black & White 2 port for the DS ineligible. Can't believe Nintendo would have the audacity to butcher Molyneux's work like that.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Ports are generally ineligible for GOTY status.
    Not when it comes to Tales.

    And lol at the guy who said Pokemon can't be a GoTY pick. What are you, 5?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    Personally I don't think that Pokemon BW2 should be considered a GOTY pick because it's a pokemon forum, and that heavily skews the results. It's like hosting the same poll on a KI Uprising forum, sure there are going to be others but the vast majority of the votes are going to be for Uprising.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,930

    Default

    That's a valid reason. But he listed other site descriptions, neutral ones. So I'm assuming he mean, at all not just here.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I disagree. Conquest > BW2.
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity > Conquest. and go BW2!!
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

  12. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Personally I don't think that Pokemon BW2 should be considered a GOTY pick because it's a pokemon forum, and that heavily skews the results. It's like hosting the same poll on a KI Uprising forum, sure there are going to be others but the vast majority of the votes are going to be for Uprising.
    I think this is the one subforum where you might get some degree of objectivity on the matter.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I disagree. Conquest > BW2.
    Ah, but Conquest was a Strategy game, not an RPG.

    Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity > Conquest. and go BW2!!
    That game isn't even released in the states yet, so you can't even make judgement about it yet.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5

    Default

    i greatly enjoyed ALL of them has i own all of them :P lucky me b2/w2 i have not finished its good enough but i thought it was lacking something i dont know what but something....(probably Salamence as a starter :3)

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I think this is the one subforum where you might get some degree of objectivity on the matter.
    And yet it still has almost half the poll, with the only thing even close being a game that has a thread with over 6,000 replies.

  16. #41

    Default

    I did say a degree.

    And is it at all possible that it might be deserving of the votes, or are we forced to discount the lead because of sample size and responder bias?



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    I think that B2W2 is completely eligible for this poll. People here vote for it because they legitimately think it is a great game, and worthy of GOTY. I mean, if this was 2006 in a Sonic forum, nobody would be voting Sonic '06 as GOTY because it is mostly regarded as a terrible game. And honestly, this is Nintendo discussion, so most of the people who hang around here probably play other games besides Pokemon, so there wouldn't be many people who voted B2W2 because it was the only game they played.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    But the fact that they think BW2 is great is part of the problem, really. It is a good game, but that means you're basically only polling people who've you know probably already like BW2.

    You're literally asking Pokemon fans what the best game of the year is, and nobody else. It's downright silly to think that the many of them don't think that BW2 is GOTY material, so why even ask? Just don't include it, because it's a given answer.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cyllage City
    Posts
    288

    Default

    I just got my 3Ds like 8 days ago, and I love KI:U, and W2. Conquest ain't half bad, but can be boring after a while... unless you have friends at your own school who also plays Conquest. Ki:U is like my most favorite, IMO.

    All the multiplayer, where you get to ravage the fields in a blitzing fire..... yeah, totally love KI:U
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein. I'm going to be restarting Y version after getting 10 shinies, so far it's 2/10 shinies, cause Wonder trade was a loving option two nights ago....

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,522

    Default

    The game I like best is Pokemon Black/White 2. It is more fun and has hours of possible playtime

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    140

    Default

    I voted sticker star I love black/white 2 but its winning by way too much and Paper mario sticker star exceded my expectations.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    For me it's definitely KI:U
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Owl City
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Kid Icarus: Uprising is an awesome game. The awesome story mode and all the unloackables as well as the multiplayer, it EASILY gets my vote
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

    If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Unova Region
    Posts
    165

    Default

    I love kid Icarus. The multiplayer is awesome!!!! I will take on anyone in light vs. dark. If only I could find my game!!! =_=
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

    I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!
    DON'T TRADE WITH Dj!/Dj2K HE SCAMMED ME OUT OF A SHINY FOR HIS SHINY MEW, WHICH WAS HACKED, AND WAS RUDE TO ME WHEN ASKED TO TRADE BACK!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY INQUIRIES!!!

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    984

    Default

    The only reason KI doesnt get my vote is that I never did get used to the controls, that being said, KI has some amazing writing behind it, and such humor could only come from any game with Fawful. I digress, B2W2 got my vote for the fact that it got practically everything right. Gym Leader and Champion rematches? Check. A Puzzle battle side quest That DOESN'T suck? Check. Gat region ex? Check. It's got actually creativity (unlike certain Mario entries this year) and extensive content that was the most enjoyable for me.

    Thank you based Turpoo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •