Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VIZ will release the Ruby & Sapphire arc!!!

That's excellent. At least we'll get up to the end of the Emerald arc in the correct publishing order.

So... how do you think certain scenes will be handled? You know, the ones...
    Actually, this could go a multitude of ways with RS. Do you mean Sapphire's leafy attire, or do you mean Norman's "fun" when he catches up to Ruby?

...I hope they handle the latter with something better than brutal "glaring".
    First Sequence
    Boots bitten: 4

For Sapphire's leaf-kini, I doubt it'd be changed. Though, I wouldn't be surprised since she's...ten and stuff.

Norman vs Ruby would need major changes. Like, redrawing the art changes.

For stuff like Sapphire vs Flannery...probably nothing.

Ruby getting Salamence'd....yeah. Expecting censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Norman vs Ruby would need major changes. Like, redrawing the art changes.
    What? Are they going to get Yamamoto himself to redraw it? Cuz otherwise I don't think it'll work.

This makes me happy and upset all at the same time. Obviously I am ecstatic since now I don't need to import these from Australia or Asia....but at the same time...had VIZ never stopped publishing we would have just finished up the Ruby and Sapphire arc with the last release. Now were even farther behind then we already were. Again, still ecstatic.

And yes, they will release the FRLG and Emerald arcs. Hidden links were discovered on Viz Media.com that have release dates for every volume through volume 29.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer kun View Post
    When did he do that? o.o
    ...he didn't, but saphirre assumes so. xD
    Capture34w nlvlw.jpg

:3 xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Wait, I thought they already released the Ruby and Sapphire arc. I thought they skipped over the FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald chapters and went right to DP. I'm totally lost.

3DS FC: 4871-6086-4217
    PokeSpe Club | Secret Base

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanus191 View Post
    Wait, I thought they already released the Ruby and Sapphire arc. I thought they skipped over the FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald chapters and went right to DP. I'm totally lost.
    All we have gotten in their complete form are the Red and blue arc, the yellow arc, and the GSC arc. We are currently getting the DPPT arc and the BW arc. We are soon to be getting the RSE, HGSS, and the FRLG (after RSE) arcs.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    All we have gotten in their complete form are the Red and blue arc, the yellow arc, and the GSC arc. We are currently getting the DPPT arc and the BW arc. We are soon to be getting the RSE, HGSS, and the FRLG (after RSE) arcs.
    I see now. I was so confused.

Either way, I'm excited.

3DS FC: 4871-6086-4217
    PokeSpe Club | Secret Base

Ruby getting Salamence'd....yeah. Expecting censorship.
    Oh, hell yeah. I forgot about that particular scene. That's probably the bloodiest part of the series, to date.

What? Are they going to get Yamamoto himself to redraw it? Cuz otherwise I don't think it'll work.
    I'm sure they didn't have Yamamoto redraw the infamous Crystal getting scene. They likely had an artist on-staff to make the alteration. Outside of the stupidity of changing the slap to a glare, the fixed art wasn't too shabby. If they made the same effort when changing the scenes in RS, I wouldn't have a problem.
    First Sequence
    Boots bitten: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I'm sure they didn't have Yamamoto redraw the infamous Crystal getting scene. They likely had an artist on-staff to make the alteration. Outside of the stupidity of changing the slap to a glare, the fixed art wasn't too shabby. If they made the same effort when changing the scenes in RS, I wouldn't have a problem.
    True. Though that glare could've been Crys's mom yells at her daughter to "snap out of it." If they could edit the mouth to look open and add a speech bubble.

Still wouldn't it be the shock of the century to find Ruby getting pummeled by Norman is actually relatively untouched. Not that they wouldn't touch it at all but still...

I'm curious how they'll edit things. I'm guessing that they won't edit the Salamence scene too much, as it's sort of important... they'll probably edit Norman's getting father of the year if they don't allow a slap. For the leaf clothes, it'll probably be fine. They've kept worse stuff.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

We should make a thread were we compare VIZ censorship / editing of Pokémon Adventures with the Chuang Yi edition, especially for the R/S arc when it's released.

Honestly, I don't think they will many changes to the source material or at least nothing to cry over.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    True. Though that glare could've been Crys's mom yells at her daughter to "snap out of it." If they could edit the mouth to look open and add a speech bubble.

Still wouldn't it be the shock of the century to find Ruby getting pummeled by Norman is actually relatively untouched. Not that they wouldn't touch it at all but still...
    I'm excited to read the RSE Ark since I've yet to only read the current VIZ Kids released PA books, but I have to ask, why is Norman beating his son to a pulp? :P
    Or is it different than in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerMiner View Post
    I'm excited to read the RSE Ark since I've yet to only read the current VIZ Kids released PA books, but I have to ask, why is Norman beating his son to a pulp? :P
    Or is it different than in the game?
    In this continuity, Norman's got a bit of a nasty temper and is already mad at Ruby for running away to be a Coordinator. When he finally finds the poor kid...

On topic, I agree that Norman's stellar parenting and Ruby's, ah, "problem" with the Salamance will almost certainly be censored, unless VIZ has really loosened up since the whole GLARE thing. I mean, if one instance of parental violence can't make it through the censors, then an entire scene's worth...? (When they get to that arc, they'll probably also censor Emerald's tendency to pee on people off of buildings too, haha.) Still, so excited!

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricBassClef View Post
    In this continuity, Norman's got a bit of a nasty temper and is already mad at Ruby for running away to be a Coordinator. When he finally finds the poor kid...

On topic, I agree that Norman's stellar parenting and Ruby's, ah, "problem" with the Salamance will almost certainly be censored, unless VIZ has really loosened up since the whole GLARE thing. I mean, if one instance of parental violence can't make it through the censors, then an entire scene's worth...? (When they get to that arc, they'll probably also censor Emerald's tendency to pee on people off of buildings too, haha.) Still, so excited!
    Well, outside parental abuse, DPA showed worse things (and Hareta was shown peeing on Mitsumi's bag which she found out in their battle in Vol 4 so Emerald might still do it).

Maybe they have a more lienent editor this time around?

I just edited the GLARE scene back to the original page in my copy

And I really, really love most of this arc. I felt the regis were underutilized at the end, the balance badge battle scene was short, but otherwise I love how they took secondary characters like the swimmer, Gabby & Ty, and others to help flesh out the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    I just edited the GLARE scene back to the original page in my copy
    How did you accomplish this? Markers?

Although I'm excited about Viz releasing the RS arc, it's not really one of my favorite arcs. It mostly stems from my dislike of the main characters, though I do agree that the minor characters were fleshed out in a enjoyable way. I like the secondary characters better than the primary characters, honestly...

But I may have different opinions if I re-read the arc, since it's been YEARS since I've read it.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

Well, outside parental abuse, DPA showed worse things (and Hareta was shown peeing on Mitsumi's bag which she found out in their battle in Vol 4 so Emerald might still do it).

Maybe they have a more lienent editor this time around?
    Really? I've never read DPA, but that's interesting... it does point to an increasing lenience in VIZ's censoring. I hope so--believe me, I don't want anything to be censored. (Of course, they could also have different standards for DPA than they do for PS, which is more mainstream and (from what I've heard) less risqué to begin with.)

Quote Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
    How did you accomplish this? Markers?

Although I'm excited about Viz releasing the RS arc, it's not really one of my favorite arcs. It mostly stems from my dislike of the main characters, though I do agree that the minor characters were fleshed out in a enjoyable way. I like the secondary characters better than the primary characters, honestly...

But I may have different opinions if I re-read the arc, since it's been YEARS since I've read it.
    Yeah same here, RS was one of my least favorite chapters (if not THE least favorite chapter) but my reason is because I've grown too attached to the original main characters and since none of them appear in this chapter, reading through eight volumes just so I could understand the Emerald chapter was torture for me. But that was when I was twelve, when Viz releases the RS volumes hopefully I can enjoy them this time. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Yeah same here, RS was one of my least favorite chapters (if not THE least favorite chapter) but my reason is because I've grown too attached to the original main characters and since none of them appear in this chapter, reading through eight volumes just so I could understand the Emerald chapter was torture for me. But that was when I was twelve, when Viz releases the RS volumes hopefully I can enjoy them this time. :3

Another problem I had with the RS arc was the Celebi ex Machina ending. As an avid comic book fan, the whole bringing characters back to life thing shouldn't faze me, but in this situation, it bothered me. I know it's a children's manga (as much as people hate to admit it), but it still made me unhappy.

And I agree, I hope I enjoy it this time too. What I'm REALLY holding out for is my beloved FR/LG arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
    Another problem I had with the RS arc was the Celebi ex Machina ending. As an avid comic book fan, the whole bringing characters back to life thing shouldn't faze me, but in this situation, it bothered me. I know it's a children's manga (as much as people hate to admit it), but it still made me unhappy.
    True. If it were me, I would've had those who died really be severely injured but with hope of recovering. If I don't intend on killing them and resurrecting them in a DXM manner.

Did Ruby ever say how he got Celebi? In the slightest?

True. If it were me, I would've had those who died really be severely injured but with hope of recovering. If I don't intend on killing them and resurrecting them in a DXM manner.

All he said was that he met Celebi in Johto, but that's all.

Not as far as I know. He just pulls it out of his ***.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast