Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VIZ will release the Ruby & Sapphire arc!!!

Oh god, editing things out... I wouldn't have such a problem if they just lessened the violence, but god, the last two times "YOU TRICKED ME!" and "GLARE" were just... so impossible to make sense of if you didn't know they were censored. it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Leety View Post
    Oh god, editing things out... I wouldn't have such a problem if they just lessened the violence, but god, the last two times "YOU TRICKED ME!" and "GLARE" were just... so impossible to make sense of if you didn't know they were censored. it's ridiculous.
    If DPA indicates anything, it's mostly due to difference in the editors (for the US version). Hopefully, they decide to be a wee bit more lenient. And by "wee" I mean a "lot." They may as well since they're no dancing around it.

And I still think that "Glare" should've been Crys's Mom yelling at her daughter to get herself together. You could say that Crys and her Pokemon cringed from how loud she was.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    If DPA indicates anything, it's mostly due to difference in the editors (for the US version). Hopefully, they decide to be a wee bit more lenient. And by "wee" I mean a "lot." They may as well since they're no dancing around it.
    Some of the stuff they would have to censor would be important to the plot, so that's just another reason not to... Viz doesn't care too much about the plot though.

The biggest thing I worry about is the ACTUAL child abuse going on. I wonder if they'll just cut it out.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

Quote Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
    The biggest thing I worry about is the ACTUAL child abuse going on. I wonder if they'll just cut it out.
    I dunno but either way, I can assure you this: when volume 15 comes out, we WILL be surprised.

It'll be the biggest glare fest ever XD. I to am looking forward to Ruby and Norman. They wouldn't even let Crystal get properly slapped in Vizkids. How is Ruby and Norman going to pass? This is even bigger then the infamous Gold and Blue butt pat. I still can't get over that it made it into Vizkids version XD
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Leety View Post
    "YOU TRICKED ME!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    the infamous Gold and Blue butt pat
    What are those scenes about? In which chapters and volumes do they appear? Is the "YOU TRICKED ME!" scene a major and bad edit?

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Reader X View Post
    What are those scenes about? In which chapters and volumes do they appear? Is the "YOU TRICKED ME!" scene a major and bad edit?
    The "You Tricked Me" is a reference, I believe, to the not so well done edit of trying to alter it so Green (originally Blue) wasn't hiding Pokeballs in her shirt like fake breasts, and her Pokemon came out after she was attacked after flaunting said appearance. Might not be, but I think it is.

The Gold and Blue scene wasn't visually censored, but in the original version, he chose to slap her butt because he found her attractive, whereas in Viz's edited version, it was an "accident" (which isn't the worst edit, as we can just see it as him playing off being perverted as an accident so he wouldn't get in trouble).

But yeah, I found changing Crystal's Mother's slap into a glare to be ridiculous. Especially in light of Norman, who believes if at first you don't succeed, beat your child like a psychopath until he listen.

Also, Ruby gets his trademark scar from a particularly violent scene, there's no editing around it unless you start blacking out panels, and having him show his non-scarred body for no reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
    The "You Tricked Me" is a reference, I believe, to the not so well done edit of trying to alter it so Green (originally Blue) wasn't hiding Pokeballs in her shirt like fake breasts, and her Pokemon came out after she was attacked after flaunting said appearance. Might not be, but I think it is.
    Ah, yes I know about that scene.

Also, Ruby gets his trademark scar from a particularly violent scene, there's no editing around it unless you start blacking out panels, and having him show his non-scarred body for no reason...
    Looking at the actual panel, I don't think that it would be too hard. There's only one particular scene where Ruby has a lot of blood and the edit would be quite simple. Simply edit out the actual blood running from the wound while leaving a shaded bit coming out (bonus points if they keep with the shape of Ruby's scar). That and and the ripped hat would imply Ruby's injury and not detract from the story too much.
    First Sequence
    Boots bitten: 4

Looks like Vol. 15 will be getting a different cover, one that does not feature the first seven Dex holders. It's too bad, since Vol. 15's cover is so iconic, but I can understand why they'd want to feature only the characters that appear in this shorter (144 pages) volume.

So I guess that other cover was just a sort of prototype or something.

Something is very off with that artwork, but I can't put my finger on it. My memory is a little fuzzy, was this an image from the actual chapters themselves or was this something made just for Viz by someone trying to impersonate Yamamoto's art style?

...Wait a minute, Ruby's eye is supposed to be ruby-colored! Whoever colored this used the Sugimori artwork for Brendan as a reference instead of looking at Yamamoto's colored Ruby artwork!
    First Sequence

Bloody hell YES!!!!!!!! I read this arc on mangahere but I an soooooo buying the volumes!!!!!!!!!!

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

Credit to SM

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Something is very off with that artwork, but I can't put my finger on it. My memory is a little fuzzy, was this an image from the actual chapters themselves or was this something made just for Viz by someone trying to impersonate Yamamoto's art style?

...Wait a minute, Ruby's eye is supposed to be ruby-colored! Whoever colored this used the Sugimori artwork for Brendan as a reference instead of looking at Yamamoto's colored Ruby artwork!
    Actually, it looks like the artwork was from a picture drawn by Yamamoto on the Netkun gallery. If I remember correctly, that picture also has Ruby and Sapphire with brown-ish eyes instead of deep red and blue respectively.
    BUNP

Thanks, Chamo-chan! Looking at the Netkun gallery (#16 is the one they used for the cover), it seems like maybe Yamamoto was going to have Ruby and Sapphire with normal eye colors but then decided on the red/blue scheme later on.

While it startled me at first, I think the two look a lot better with brown eyes.
    First Sequence

The person who drew and colored this was Satoshi Yamamoto.

Ahem... anyways, I do like that Viz took the initiative to change the cover of Vol. 15 in order to reflect the fact that the last GSC chapter was moved. They really didn't have to (and could have hand-waved it by saying that it's a way of metaphorically passing the torch). I have to give them props there.

(EDIT: Whoops, sorry about that responce, lolipiece. I have a itchy trigger-finger sometimes.)
    Last edited by Flintoff Cypress; 23rd January 2013 at 3:52 AM.
    First Sequence

And you failed to notice Chamo-chan telling me this and me musing about Yamamoto's choice in eye-coloring. Are you that hell-bent to point out other people's mistakes that you make ignorant assumptions that make you look like a arrogant moron?
    That or maybe he didn't see your post until he made his post. An honest mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    That or maybe he didn't see your post until he made his post. An honest mistake.
    And I didn't. My internet was moving slow at the time.

I find it a bit annoying that they have change to cover of volume 15. Coz the original cover was so iconic.

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

Credit to SM

Meh. It's not that bad. At least we get a good quality version of the original gallery pic.

I personally thought Ruby looked creepy in the original...

Now I feel better about my post earlier.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

I prefer the original as well, but at least it's not some random drawing.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Then what' its back cover?

It's nice to see that they are going to be released. I probably won't pick them up since I already imported the Chuang Yi version many moons ago, but this is great for the people who want to read them and don't have that option.

Also I like the new volume 15 cover, oops. I never really liked the original cover anyway no matter how "iconic" it is, plus the super-long GSC final chapter was moved to volume 14 anyway in the Viz release.
    Last edited by Weedy Spyze; 3rd February 2013 at 4:15 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast