Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Attempt At A Rain Team

Quote Originally Posted by AGGRON GUY View Post
    well if your making a rain team you should only go with water types because then if you have the move rain it will do masive damage.for example water types usingh water type moves boost the damage and so those rain so have a water pokemon use rain then hydro pump and it will probaly be ohko.and also i recomend not to use legendaries because makes easy to win which is no fun.well only use these 2 legendaries groudon and rayqaza because they are awsome.aggron rules!
    It's a crying shame we can't report people for having no ****ing idea what they're talking about... Anyways, have you considered Ferrothorn > Metagross? I love Metagross, but I just feel his defensive sets are hopelessly outclassed. Also, Scarf Celebi helps your Electric / revengekiller problem, and nobody ever seems to expect it.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Fly View Post
    Azeem, I second that. That's a solid bit of Advice there. I've seen how much of a god Scizor is on and especially against rain teams.

But the Only change I would advice you to make is to go for a Swords Dance + Life Orb Bulky set. Bullet Punch even with 20% less damage output revenge kills what it needs to in the rain and if you can find an opportunity to Set up, you at least take down half the team. Scizor Appreciates the Rain to negate his Achilles Heel of a fire weakness allowing him to survive and set up on unboosted fire moves and survive the Surprise HP fires. It even OHKOes Ferrothorn, the Lati@s, Terrakion and a whole host of top OU threats.
    Plus it will help you in the Rain v/s Rain wars which i guarantee will be half your ladder matches considering how rain is having a great time spoiling all the fun in OU without Genesect to stop them.

Your Daddy (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Superpower

Well I was actually praising terrakion xD. Scizor doesn't take ninetails or politoed very well since tails outspeeds and so does toad when its the CB set. But SD scizor is a good choice too for this team. imo you could probably go with either depending on whether you want someone to eliminate other weather inducers and other weather walls (terrakion), or a set up sweeper thank benefits from rain (scizor).

Trainer Level 3 Squad | Alpha Sapphire Team - - En Route from Petalburg to Slateport via Ocean | WF Quest Log

I think Terrakion could stay, but then I have a weakness to electric types like Jolteon and opposing Thundurus-T.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Try this.

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Timid / Modest
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Leaf Storm
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -U-Turn / Psychic

Typical Scarf Celebi set. Most people expect Celebi to be a cleric, so a Scarf set gets plenty of surprise kills, plus makes an excellent revengekiller with all her resistances. Leaf Storm provides a great STAB with enough power to KO most weakened threats. Earth Power hammers Steel and Fire types for hard damage, and Hidden Power (Ice) gets your Dragons. The last slot is up to you. U-Turn maintains momentum but deals pathetic damage, while Psychic provides you with a great STAB that comes with no negative side-effects.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Try this.

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Timid / Modest
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Leaf Storm
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -U-Turn / Psychic

Typical Scarf Celebi set. Most people expect Celebi to be a cleric, so a Scarf set gets plenty of surprise kills, plus makes an excellent revengekiller with all her resistances. Leaf Storm provides a great STAB with enough power to KO most weakened threats. Earth Power hammers Steel and Fire types for hard damage, and Hidden Power (Ice) gets your Dragons. The last slot is up to you. U-Turn maintains momentum but deals pathetic damage, while Psychic provides you with a great STAB that comes with no negative side-effects.
    you'd want to run hasty with u-turn on that set. just don't lower attack, and you'll be fine.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    you'd want to run hasty with u-turn on that set. just don't lower attack, and you'll be fine.
    If you give it Hasty, it loses the ability to take hits.
    Last edited by azeem40; 1st January 2013 at 2:29 AM.
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

good team but its destroyed by rotom-w....nothing can really switch in.

i think you should maybe try a ferrothorn over the metagross, if you really wanted to change things up you could put latios over terrakion and slap the scarf on thundurus. latios and tornadus could work together with ferrothorn because with spikes+rain boosted surf tornadus's main counter jirachi is 2hkod after latias lures it in.

just something to think about

^ Another reason to carry Choice Scarf Celebi. When you send it out, most players assume it's a Cleric and try and Trick it, which is pretty funny.

~Richard Dawkins

Scarf Celebi looks like a pretty clever Pokemon to use. I will see how it fares. :P

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

What looks to me like it would crush this team is an influx of high-power special attackers. Notably, your only way out of Draco Meteor spam is Metagross, who isn't exactly renowned for his special bulk. If he gets removed (*cough*Magnezone*cough*), Scarf Latios, among others, can shred everything. Also a threat is Moxiemence; he can deal with Metagross, and then proceed to eat things.
    What I'd recommend is a Steel-type (over Terrakion) that can do the job of defending against these threats, while still acting as a revenger. My personal favorite for that is Scarf Jirachi, or of course Scizor.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

Well, I've been testing a few ideas around, and the best results I found I got were with these:

Change Metagross for Special Defensive Bronzong with Gyro Ball/Earthquake/Stealth Rock/Hidden Power [Ice] and 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD. This helps me against Latios, Latias, Mamoswine, and Landorus. I can take Sheer Force Landorus's Focus Blast with ease.

Change Thundurus-T's item to Yache Berry and replace Volt Switch with Agility.

Change Politoed's EV spread to 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe so I can outspeed and KO Breloom, CBNite, Scizor and Mamoswine.

Tell me what you think of these changes. Thanks.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

I've implemented the above changes and have updated the OP to reflect them.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

If you need another revenge killer that hits hard Gastrodon and Rotom-W (which those won't take much damage from Grass knot)
    I would suggest you Virizion.

Virizion@ Choice scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4HP 252 attack, 252 speed
    Adamant Nature (+Attack -Special Attack)
    - Leaf Blade
    - Close combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor

Or if you really need some risky Pokémon that works great under the rain, I would suggest Whiscash.

Whiscash@Life orb
    Trait: Hydratation
    EVs: 4HP 252 attack, 252 speed
    Adamant Nature (+Attack -Special Attack)
    -Dragon Dance
    -Rest
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    This last one is really risky, but if you can set it up the foe is done playing.

tl;dr:
    Whiscash - Blocks status, blocks rock, steel, electric attacks, weak to grass only
    Virizion > Terrakion - blocks principally Rotom-W and Gastrodon, which could give a lot of troubles to your team as far I see, good revenge killer or late game sweeper, plus It's a good choice if you need electric resistance.

Well, huh, hoping I helped, and good luck.

I don't think I need it anymore, but thanks anyway.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

This team looks really nice and well constructed.

Thanks. Is there anything anyone suggests after the new changes I made?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12