Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where does Pokémon stand as your favorite anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Well, as Dogasu said, they blamed Porygon because it was associated with the episode. Pokémon are generally associated with an episode. For instance, if I say "remember the Hypno episode?", you'd assume I was talking about "Hypno's Naptime". And if I say "remember the Ditto episode", you'd think "that's Ditto's Mysterious Mansion, isn't it?". Because of that, Porygon was given the blame, so you can't really blame the animé team for that (most other things, however...).
    Yup, this is definitely true.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    The "Electric Solder Porygon!" episode? From what I heard, Maddie Blaustein, who was the second voice actor in the dub, said 4Kids dubbed it but it was never release. I've seen the subbed episode (obviously without the flashing lights) and it is a good episode, but I think it was banned for the whole seizure incident in the United States. I kinda don't blame the dubbers for that one.

I've never seen the episode, because I can't seem to find a site that has it available with the flashing lights part excluded. I've found websites that HAVE it, but they all have warnings at the beginning of the video telling you that the flashing lights are still in there. I don't blame them for not releasing in the United States, but I do wish I could at least find it somewhere. *Sigh*

Very high for me. It's one of my favorite animes. I'm a very optimistic person, so changes really don't get to me. Even when Misty left, I didn't complain like some of the older fans did. And Best Wishes is a good saga, even if some of the things are kind of whacky.

Oops. Left the actual reason for this topic out of my post. xD

Pokemon is actually my very favorite anime simply because, to be honest, I don't like anime in general. I like Pokemon, that's it. A lot of people in my school assume I'm into all anime because I like Pokemon, but no, just Pokemon. I do watch Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Legend of Korra, but those are made entirely in the United States, so I guess they don't really count.

Not gonna lie it ranks pretty low for me. Its because there are other shows that basically blow the Pokemon anime out of the water. FMA, Digimon, Madoka Magica, One Piece, Cowboy Bebop, Serei no Moribito, and many, many others make Pokemon look pretty bad in comparison.

Pokemon is actually on the bottom of my anime list. Best Wishes brought it down under Yugioh zexal and Vanguard.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    I've never seen the episode, because I can't seem to find a site that has it available with the flashing lights part excluded. I've found websites that HAVE it, but they all have warnings at the beginning of the video telling you that the flashing lights are still in there. I don't blame them for not releasing in the United States, but I do wish I could at least find it somewhere. *Sigh*
    Will let you know if I find the link somewhere.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

The Pokemon anime is just a guilty pleasure.I watch Yugioh, Fairy Tail and SAO over it anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Pokemon is actually on the bottom of my anime list. Best Wishes brought it down under Yugioh zexal and Vanguard.
    Hooray! Another person who doesn't think Zexal is the worst thing ever made!

It's definitely not my favorite anime. I've watched some animes that I think are a lot better then Pokemon. It's not that bad (though I really don't like BW and stopped watching for that reason) but it's definitely not my favorite.

GIF Credit | Pearlshipper ♥ Agencyshipper | Status: Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I actually saw the Porygon episode a few days ago, and the flashing lights weren't that big a deal to me. Were the lights way brighter in the original airing?
    But you need to be sympathetic to kids who ARE vulnerable to that. To some of them who get such seizures, even minor flashes can set it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I must say that anyone with even quarter of a brain cell can see that it was caused by Pikachu blowing up some missiles and had nothing whatsoever to do with Porygon.. So what does that tell you about the anime team?
    Like gohan says, its all about association right? Not just how the animé team are, but the Japanese as a whole. No knocking, but superstition means they cant use Porygon!

Spoiler:- Episode N:

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Eh, I've seen the original scene with the really harsh flashing lights a few times now and while I can understand how that caused some children harm (because heck, it hurt my eyes), I must say that anyone with even quarter of a brain cell can see that it was caused by Pikachu blowing up some missiles and had nothing whatsoever to do with Porygon.. So what does that tell you about the anime team?

We all know that doing the explosion like that wasn't a good idea, but that episode was released over a decade ago. Scientists didn't even realize that was the problem until they did some research on it after the episode had been aired and the seizure incident had already happened. It was a subject scientists had never bothered to explore before then, so how was the animation team supposed to really know? It just wasn't something they thought about.

Hmm... I guess Pokemon is my favourite anime! I always watch Pokemon, like a go to kind of thing.

Its also my first anime, only of a few I watch and is really fun for me to watch but its too different from other anime I watch, other than the similarities with most anime.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Pokemon is FAR, FAR from being my favorite anime: My favorite is Hellsing: Ultimate (OVA) (<-off topic to the thread). I watch pokemon to kill time, to tell the truth. I'm mostly just catching up, starting from the beginning and working my way up. Pokemon just isn't my style, anime-wise. I don't hate it, but I don't love it, either (I hope that doesn't count as "bashing").
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmeh View Post
    Pokemon is FAR, FAR from being my favorite anime: My favorite is Hellsing: Ultimate (OVA) (<-off topic to the thread). I watch pokemon to kill time, to tell the truth. I'm mostly just catching up, starting from the beginning and working my way up. Pokemon just isn't my style, anime-wise. I don't hate it, but I don't love it, either (I hope that doesn't count as "bashing").
    Don't worry about a thing, that was far from bashing
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

lol, among anime, it doesn't come anywhere near the top...
    they screw the series over hard with their never-changing formula.
    Character devellopment is pretty non-existant with their annoying reboots.
    The story isn't rlly that interesting anymore... Only the movies have any storie-value.
    It's truely a show for kids & tbh... the only reason i look at the screenshots every week is purely nostalgia & in hope to see if anything interesting is gonna happen.
    granted some of the battles are nice to watch, but most of them aren't rlly on the lvl they should be.
    Last edited by Blazicken; 5th January 2013 at 12:31 AM.

I've begun to enjoy BW's anime more than most of the others. But Pokemon is pretty low on my list. It's cute and entertaining at times (annoying at others), but it lacks substance that many other shows have (and in spades). Maybe if the show actually had a story worth investing into, I'd place it a lot higher on my hypothetical anime list.

OS- Top.
    Rest- Near Rock Bottom. Not the worst thing of all time, but definitely not amazing.

Pokemon isn't my fav anime, but if its on I wouldn't mind watching it. I guess its part of my childhood and its different from others animes i've watched. But like I said earlier, if its on I would watch it.

OS-top 20
    Advanced-top 20
    DP-top 15
    BW- top 50

So yea I watch a lot of anime and the series as a whole would rank somewhere in top 30. . .
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) is my favorourite anime but that's a standalone series. Pokemon is the only anime now, but it's not really best compared to other things i've seen.

As a kid i used to watch Yugioh, Beyblade and Digimon, they were good.

Probably fairly high, but I don't watch much Anime.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

The first 8 or so seasons were up there in the top 3, but after that, I just dropped the show.
    Force of Habit

Hmm...it's definitely not in my top 10 of my favorites, but I'll watch it if I need a cheerful anime to watch when I'm sad or I'm bored. I like it, it's just not my favorite. ^_^;
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Honestly, it is dismal. I can't stand the theme songs, the voices, and the dialogue is horrendous. I rather watch it in japanese and try to piece together what they're saying or watch the subbs rather than the dub edition. For me, it all went downhill after Hoenn. The only thing that made Sinnoh anything was Dawn andher action packed contests

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast