Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where does Pokémon stand as your favorite anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    For those who didn't like at least one of the sagas, where would you rank each other one? (From Kanto to Unova, you can include any one.)
    My ranking: OS (Kanto, OI, Johto) = AG (Hoenn and BF) > BW (Unova) > DP (Sinnoh)
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

For those who didn't like at least one of the sagas, where would you rank each other one? (From Kanto to Unova, you can include any one.)
    I actually liked the beginning of Unova the best, until Team Rocket Vs Team Plasma was cancelled, which is where it started to become one of the worst for me. I'm hoping that the next arc will redeem it after the Unova league. I'd say that the Battle Frontier was my favourite, then Sinnoh, Hoenn, Kanto, Orange Islands, Unova as it is at the moment without the [insert spoiler here] after the Unova league and finally Johto being the worst. Ironically though, Johto has my favourite league.

Quote Originally Posted by kaibachaoschampion View Post
    I actually liked the beginning of Unova the best, until Team Rocket Vs Team Plasma was cancelled, which is where it started to become one of the worst for me. I'm hoping that the next arc will redeem it after the Unova league. I'd say that the Battle Frontier was my favourite, then Sinnoh, Hoenn, Kanto, Orange Islands, Unova as it is at the moment without the [insert spoiler here] after the Unova league and finally Johto being the worst. Ironically though, Johto has my favourite league.
    It's sad, because I thought the beginning of Unova was great, and I was even going to put it higher than Kanto in my rankings. Sadly, I have to say the Unova Saga got much worse after it's beginnings, IMO.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

It stands in my top 140 list so yeah... Pretty darn low. Black God The Animation which was a horribly bad adaption of the manga stands above it.

I lost interest in Pokemon after Hoenn, Kanto and Sinnoh saga's ended.

For those who didn't like at least one of the sagas, where would you rank each other one in comparison to other anime? (From Kanto to Unova, you can include any one.)
    My list is Kanto/Johto>Orange Islands>Hoenn>>>>>>>>>>Sinnoh>Battle Frontier/Black & White

Or is the question how the seasons that I like compare to other non- Pokemon anime? I'm confused.
    Last edited by Bluelatios*; 30th December 2012 at 1:51 AM.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

I've really only been a fan of 3 animes (Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Digimon). Is Pokémon better than Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh? Not sure but is it my favorite of those 3? Absolutely but I love all 3 of those shows.

Well, Pokemon is my favorite anime, because i watched it since they started and remarked me my childhood, same as Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh. But right now, Best Wishes had disappointed me, it was not good as the old ones, I like Hoenn and Sinnoh, but the original series were the best for me.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Grew out of it when it hit the change in dub but I think it was more my tastes changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And even then, The Legend of Korra is the top anime I have ever watched (despite the awful ending), yet it's an Americanized anime!
    Congratulations Nickelodeon, you got yourselves another chump who fell for your astounding charade. Careful Chris, there are now otakus everywhere who got a bone to pick with you. Seriously, it's just a common unintentional mistake and they get all fussy over it. As for me, I'm cool with the mistake, just warning you.

Anyways surprised none of the big fans of Japanese media have shown up to this thread yet but it's better that way. We all know that this show is intended for the little ones but there are better Japanese kids' shows out there for the little ones like Sgt. Frog and Digimon. What does appeal to us overseas is how unique it is, mature or not. Thus, if you like the show, I'm fine with it as long as you don't shove your love down the throats of others.

While the Pokémon show isn't great in much respect, I will give it the credit that it dragged me into the medium that is Japanese media. Though I despise the majority of it now, it is the interest that made me and my 3 best (who we still have today) friends meet one another.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 30th December 2012 at 3:09 AM. Reason: Can you channel auras of anger, Chris?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Ironic, considering the formula of an episode/season practically NEVER changes.
    They could have wrapped everything up in Johto to be honest. Team Rocket as an organization got several arcs in that saga. If they made things more connected with the TR arcs, then they could have had Ash have a final confrontation with Giovanni. Mewtwo Returns would still be there and that would wrap up Mewtwo's story. Ash would beat Gary and win the Johto League and then the 3 friends would each go their own path. Then they could replace Ash with a new boy in AG, TR would be get and we would get May and the contests.

Pokemon is definitely my favorite anime. I have watched a couple of other animes but the only one I really paid the most attention to and still have an interest in to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    My list is Kanto/Johto>Orange Islands>Hoenn>>>>>>>>>>Sinnoh>Battle Frontier/Black & White

Or is the question how the seasons that I like compare to other non- Pokemon anime? I'm confused.
    I meant compared to other anime, sorry for the confusion, edited the post!
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

Apart from when I was younger and watched Yugioh and Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon will always be at the top. I am a fan of the earlier seasons though and the one thing that kinda annoys me about the latter series, (and a lot of people may agree with me on this) is that Ash always seems to 'reset'. I did tire of Iris at the start of the B/W series: "Such a kid" "Such a kid".... eugh! But I still watch and keep up with the newer episodes and a lot of the time the heated battles still give me goosebumps. I'm still "such a kid" at heart... haha guess that pun was intended. o.O

Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

As a kid, I really liked Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Fast forwarding to today, I recently began watching some more 'adult' legit anime, including FMA:Brotherhood, Code Geass, Death Note, Stein's Gate, and Sword Art Online. All of those five were incredible. I can see why a lot of hardcore anime fans bash on shows like Pokemon. Still, Pokemon will always be special.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

If I had to rank them in the series I would say OS (not including Johto or even the Orange League) DP and for a time AG were among my fave animes. OS, I grew up with since I was eleven years old so I admit I am bias for it. AG was the first real Pokemon saga that I thought had really good writing, it was just at a time where I liked other animes more like Yu-Gi-Oh so it wasn't my all time fave, but I still loved the new feeling of AG and I will never forget the feeling. It was the first series to give us a second main character. DP saved the Pokemon franchise for me because by 2006 I was ready to drop Pokemon altogether in favor of newer, better shows but DP's plot/character driven story drew me back in and I stayed loyal to it until it ended. So I would rank OS, AG, and DP as among my fave Pokemon animes. Were they perfect? Far from it, but they were good enough for me to always look back on them and enjoy myself with the stories. Johto, BF, and Orange Islands were alright but I wasn't crazy for any of them. I won't mention BW at all.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I practically grew up with Pokemon. Yeah... I loved it. I literally watched almost every episode of DP (like 80% with the fillers) because I loved Dawn. Then BW started. Well, no offense, but I really disliked Iris for some reason then. I quit... until BW2 started and I watched the Dawn episodes. I went to watch the rest of BW... It was a huge letdown for me, who expected better dealings with pokemon rotation, but I was disappointed when it was Hogachu all the time. DP had something good that Pikachu never starred in any gyms. I mean, Pikachu appears in every freaking episode! Why can't they do the same with BW?

But yeah, BW went downhill after TP vs TR was cancelled.. I stopped at Iccirus City, it burnz my eyez!

and of course

Spoiler:- Spoiler!:

Yeah. DP stood as my favourite anime. Then BW came and Pokemon dropped to barrel bottom. I never watched many animes, but SAO was so much better (even though I didn't really like the Fairy Dance Arc).

So, in my opinion, it's:

DP > Hoenn/BF/Johto (I really loved Johto... nostalgic!)> OS (Didn't have much memories, but I only remembered Charizard losing) > OI > BW
    Yeah.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    It's sad, because I thought the beginning of Unova was great, and I was even going to put it higher than Kanto in my rankings. Sadly, I have to say the Unova Saga got much worse after it's beginnings, IMO.
    Yeah, it did. Though one of my favourite episodes is the Porygon episode in Kanto, too bad what happened with that >.<.

It's the only anime I watch so.... yea it's my favorite
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by kaibachaoschampion View Post
    Yeah, it did. Though one of my favourite episodes is the Porygon episode in Kanto, too bad what happened with that >.<.
    The "Electric Solder Porygon!" episode? From what I heard, Maddie Blaustein, who was the second voice actor in the dub from Meowth, said 4Kids dubbed it but it was never release. I've seen the subbed episode (obviously without the flashing lights) and it is a good episode, but I think it was banned for the whole seizure incident in the United States. I kinda don't blame the dubbers for that one.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 31st December 2012 at 6:59 PM.

I actually saw the Porygon episode a few days ago, and the flashing lights weren't that big a deal to me. Were the lights way brighter in the original airing?
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

I actually saw the Porygon episode a few days ago, and the flashing lights weren't that big a deal to me. Were the lights way brighter in the original airing?
    Yup, so bright in fact, that thousands of Japanese children got seizures from watching the episode. Since then, there's always been a warning at the beginning of the eps stating something along the lines "Please watch in a well-lit room and some distance from the TV screen." The series even went on hiatus in JPN for a while during the first season because of the episode in question.

Eh, I've seen the original scene with the really harsh flashing lights a few times now and while I can understand how that caused some children harm (because heck, it hurt my eyes), I must say that anyone with even quarter of a brain cell can see that it was caused by Pikachu blowing up some missiles and had nothing whatsoever to do with Porygon.. So what does that tell you about the anime team?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Eh, I've seen the original scene with the really harsh flashing lights a few times now and while I can understand how that caused some children harm (because heck, it hurt my eyes), I must say that anyone with even quarter of a brain cell can see that it was caused by Pikachu blowing up some missiles and had nothing whatsoever to do with Porygon.. So what does that tell you about the anime team?
    That they love Pikachu, obviously.

I think why Porygon or it's evolutions haven't been seen since isn't because they caused it, but rather a sort of superstition kind of thing. Porygon was the main Pokemon so they think focusing on it again could be disastrous. The same thing happened with Whiscash and a majority of ground type moves, like Earthquake. Does it make the most sense? No, but that's how things are.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    That they love Pikachu, obviously.

I think why Porygon or it's evolutions haven't been seen since isn't because they caused it, but rather a sort of superstition kind of thing. Porygon was the main Pokemon so they think focusing on it again could be disastrous. The same thing happened with Whiscash and a majority of ground type moves, like Earthquake. Does it make the most sense? No, but that's how things are.
    You got it, spot-on. It's a shame, though, for sure.

You're right, though, it wasn't Porygon to blame.

They should surely know that they can involve it again, without adding ridiculous amounts of flashing lights.. What were they taking at the time of production, to think that was a good idea anyway? "Yeah there's a lot of epileptic kids around the world who watch tv, lets include intense red and blue flashing lights in our incredibly popular anime".. duh.

Anyway, they've made Jynx's appearance acceptable to the over-protective, moronic and actually quite racist parents, so why can't they make Porygon appear in an acceptable and non-flashy way?

..and don't even get me started on them thinking an anime earthquake is comparable to a real life one, because it truly disgusts me that they try to link the pain felt in those real life experiences with a magical creature banging on the ground and making a crack.

Well, as Dogasu said, they blamed Porygon because it was associated with the episode. Pokémon are generally associated with an episode. For instance, if I say "remember the Hypno episode?", you'd assume I was talking about "Hypno's Naptime". And if I say "remember the Ditto episode", you'd think "that's Ditto's Mysterious Mansion, isn't it?". Because of that, Porygon was given the blame, so you can't really blame the animé team for that (most other things, however...).
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast