Thread: Pearl/Diamond/Platinum

Default Pearl/Diamond/Platinum

I don't think this is the exact forum to be posting this on (please don't infract me) but can anybody tell me what the difference is? Is Platinum the 3rd and upgrade version of Pearl & Diamond? Which game is better?

Thanks in advance.

You could've just google this, but yeah Platinum is the 3rd game and Platinum is probably better, though I actually haven't played Diamond or Pearl.

There are a bunch of Pokmeon in Platinum that you can't find in D/P as well. And the storyline is a little different I think.

Yeah, thats really it. The gym leaders are a bit different and the story as with some pokemon but thats all.

Platinum is a big improvement over Diamond & Pearl. It has a bunch of features that DP doesn't have, such as the Distortion World, Gym Leader rematches, an Elite Four upgrade, an expanded Pokedex, and a full Battle Frontier. Plus, the battles and surfing speed are a lot faster in Platinum than in DP, so if you found DP to be too slow then Platinum would be a welcome upgrade.

Platinum is my favourite Pokemon game, so IMO, it's definitely worth getting.

I will definitely buy it

Platinum has everything present in Diamond and Pearl, but there are some Pokemon only found in DP and not in Pt.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Yes. Platinum does have everything Diamond and Pearl have, and more

Pokemon Platinum has everything that Diamond and Pearl have basically. But it is a big improvement then the original 2 games. They have the same storyline, but in a different way and there are more mini storylines in the game. The whole areas are different. Some people don't notice this, but in Diamond and Pearl the land is covered with nothing but grass since it was Summertime. But in Platinum their is snow on the ground since the game was based on Winter climate, hence why Lucas and Dawn wearing jackets.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Well, I'm one who's turning the question the other way. I own Platinum, is it worth me getting Diamond or Pearl for the storyline differences?

Meh. You haven't missed anything

Quote Originally Posted by cantab View Post
    Well, I'm one who's turning the question the other way. I own Platinum, is it worth me getting Diamond or Pearl for the storyline differences?
    It is worth getting Diamond and Pearl. The only difference is that the lands are built differently. The storyline is the same, but not as advance as in Platinum.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Default online trade

will someone trade a for a in Pokemon platinum?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bump of a year..

shutting
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)