Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Genwunners really that stupid

Default Are Genwunners really that stupid

Are we "The True Pokémon fans who like all gens and know their flaws" smarter and more true to the Pokémon fandom?

Because the Genwunners like I said have always been on my nerves, they just can't stop saying "R.I.P Pokemon 1998-2002" and "Nintendo are out of ideas" and you get the point!

It's just saddens me that I have been offended by these types of fans who think their the true Pokémon fans and ruined what I think of Pokémon, they just keep popping in my nerves and mind. It makes me depress by them.

So what are your thoughts and rants on those "Pokémon Fans"?

I hope I will ignore the Genwunners and just look at the new Pokémon without looking at other untrustful opinions when Gen VI is unveiled and is waiting for it's release!

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

They're entitled to their opinion. I don't have a problem with them as long as they don't shove their opinions down others' throats. Also, that "5th gen Pokemon are random objects, they should be more like real animals" spiel has clearly been proven false, so stop using that argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I've had to deal with these types of beliefs on Facebook all the time (hint: if you don't like Genwunners, then don't like the page Pokemon Memes.) I remember a picture that had Ambipom and Shinx listed as a Neopet. I was livid. I just tell them that it's okay to just like generations 1-2, but stop your complaining.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

genwunners are just close minded people trying to hold onto their youth by thinking the first two gens are better and the others are not real. they want their nostalgia that bad.

sure they have their own opinions.. but they are not right a true pokemon fan is a lover of all gens.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Well, you can't stop Genwunners, no matter how stupid and ridiculous their opinions are.

its just people acting butthurt about something that's not worth aching over. really, dont even waste your time getting into it with one of those people. they're just as bad as the bible thumpers who decree that 'gay is sin' and etc., except they switch verses and such for nostalgia and pokeballs
    Last edited by x0MoMusica0x; 29th December 2012 at 3:13 AM.
    In-Game Name: Cealot
    Pokemon Y: 2895-7697-8437
    Friend Safari: Ice - Beartic, Spheal, Piloswine

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    If you like Pokemon, then you're a true fan. If you don't like Pokemon, then you're not. Regardless of generation.

I never talked with a genwunner by now, so I can't say if they're that stupid.

As I'm in favor for new generations, I suppose that a genwunner would come in conflict with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Well, you can't stop Genwunners, no matter how stupid and ridiculous their opinions are.
    I know that.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

I really could care less about them. They have thier opinion, I have mine. I don't particularly see why we can't agree to disagree on the matter. Doen't make onr or the other of us smart, dumb, or anything.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

another thread about gen one people?

hey don't you know that modern fans are just as bad, maybe worse?
    岩根雅明=♡

They can be for no other reason than the reasons they use to describe pokemon beyond gen one, from logical "I don't like garbage pokemon" to absurd "WHY DID THEY GIVE ONIX AN EVOLUTION! NOW IT'S RUINED FOREVER![/s]

Why is their some dispute about who's a more true fan of the series? The mere existence of this thread only further extends this stupid rift between fans. If you don't like the newest generations, big deal. I personally don't care for gen5, but that's just my humble opinion. If you like Pokemon, then you're a true fan. If you don't like Pokemon, then you're not. Regardless of generation.
    Game: Soul Silver
    Name: Agent X
    FC: 3955-1298-0022

Fire Red Team (0 badges):

Emerald Team (3 badges):

Soul Silver Team (16 badges):

As I said, they think one thing, and others think differently, agreeing to disagree isn't that hard.....and is the more mature thing to do....
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

i think we can all agree that genwunners are missing out. alot of people are genwunners and they get mad when i say my favorite pokemon is oshawott. they get really mad when they find out like chandelure.

so i just let them have their opinions

85% of all Genwunner-related content is complaints concerning them. 7% of Genwunner-related content is statements making similar points to the previous.

The proliferation of the phrase "genwunner" is rather telling in and of itself.

Who invented the word 'genwunner' ? anyway , it's all opinion based. Anyway, for me there is no point of being nostalgic of the earlier games as those times will never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    85% of all Genwunner-related content is complaints concerning them. 7% of Genwunner-related content is statements making similar points to the previous.

The proliferation of the phrase "genwunner" is rather telling in and of itself.
    89% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Half of them are true.

They have some rather very interesting thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingtauros View Post
    The second generation of Pokemon introduced hold items into the Pokemon series. Hold items practically ruined the metagame, and made the in-game so much more annoying (random Pokemon holding berries and healing). Anyways, back to the ruined metagame. One of the worst hold items was introduced in generation 2 as well, the Leftovers item. Battles take so much longer when you are healing at the end of every turn, makes battling very annoying and tiresome. Leftovers would be bad enough, but as more items were introduced, we got hold items that ruined battling even more, particularly the Choice Scarf item (it boosts Speed by one stage (1.5x), but you can only choose one move to attack with when you switch in). This item makes it so that you never actually know if you are going to be faster or not. Messing with Speed is not something that should have been done, because now everything has about 20 checks.

I'm sure that there are several people out there that agree with me. As Pokemon fans, we don't deserve to repeatedly be given games with these awful hold items in them..

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    sure they have their own opinions.. but they are not right a true pokemon fan is a lover of all gens.
    By that logic, shouldn't a "true fan" love all pokemon? I despise Garbodor, and I'm not the greatest fan of gen 2 ever, yet I consider myself a true fan.

You don't have to like everything to be a true fan, you just have to like it. As long as Genwunners love the original pokemon games, they're still fans of pokemon games.

Shouldn't we respect their opinions? They don't respect ours, but if that's our argument, then it just ends up being an endless loop.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6540294656/hD38A088A/
    So, this may not be the best argument ever, but I feel Nate and Red's argument at the end sums up the entire genwunner debate rather well.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 29th December 2012 at 6:38 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    hey don't you know that modern fans are just as bad, maybe worse?
    Maybe to genwunners, but not in the same sense as genwunners.
    Genwunners hate everything about pokemon that isn't part of the original two games. Part of this may be the nostalgia factor, another may be just that the people who played pokemon then have grown up by now. While liking only the first two generations isn't bad in itself, arguing with or even going as far as insulting others really is. Modern fans retaliate in self defense for the most part.

But going back to an earlier post, this is kind of like how the "bible thumpers" dislike gays and such while the younger, more educated and ever-growing generation disagrees with them. They can't be swayed of their position, and neither can we.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Where are these supposed "genwunners" all hanging out? I have never actually met one, neither IRL or on the internet, and I mean genuine "genwunners" not those who are obviously trolling other pokemon fans.

In fact, the only people I HAVE met are those that complain about these supposed "genwunners". I am starting to think don't actually exist at all....

I got my start on the pokemon series with pokemon version blue, (Yeah that's right, I started with version blue not red, big whoop want to fight about it?) and oddly enough I feel that the pokemon series is getting better all the time (albeit slowly) and most pokemon fans I know feel the same. There are some pokemon designs that I don't care for, but for the very few I don't like there are many more that I do.

Even though I started in gen 1. if I had to pick a favorite gen it would be Gen 3, only because the sprites in gen 3 remind of SNES earthbound sprites (amazing game) and gen 3 first introduced my favorite pokemon of all time, Gardevoir.

^This. Just so I am clear; a "genwunner" is a person who likes only RBGY and thinks that Generations 2-5 "aren't real pokemon", not people who started with the first Gen, and still play the series to this day (replete with all the other generations). If it is the latter, then I suppose I am a genwunner, as I have been in since the beginning and am quite proud of that fact (I too started with Blue, as the colour red hurts my eyes--in general, I like "cool" colours over "warm" colours). HOWEVER, if genwunners are the former, then I have encountered them, and some of them say ridiculous things: "THERE ARE ONLY 150 POKEMON!". Um, Mew says "hey", for one.

A lot of you younger folks aren't going to want to hear it, but some of you (especially "Genthree-ers") seem to have this same problem as the genwunners. I've heard a lot of kids that started with Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald say "THIRD IS THE BEST! FIRST IS STUPID AND ALL THE LATER GENERATIONS SUCK!". This (and the fact that I hate the Hoenn region with a fiery passion) has made me dislike the third gen games (though I love the third gen pokemon, I just hate the third gen games and region, which is why I don't replay them).

My favorite gen is fifth. I like the designs, I like how much more advanced it is than the previous generations, I like the story lines for both BW and B2W2. However, I will ALWAYS love the first generation, as it was my first. Yes, it was flawed. I know that. But that won't stop me from playing my copy of blue. I like the glitches, I like how crude the sprites look (some of them make me out right laugh), and, to tell the truth, I miss Team Rocket. They seemed the most realistic out of the "Evil Teams" as they were just the Pokemon Mafia. [/prepares to be called a genwunner for that]

~
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmeh View Post
    ^This. Just so I am clear; a "genwunner" is a person who likes only RBGY and thinks that Generations 2-5 "aren't real pokemon", not people who started with the first Gen, and still play the series to this day (replete with all the other generations). If it is the latter, then I suppose I am a genwunner, as I have been in since the beginning and am quite proud of that fact (I too started with Blue, as the colour red hurts my eyes--in general, I like "cool" colours over "warm" colours). HOWEVER, if genwunners are the former, then I have encountered them, and some of them say ridiculous things: "THERE ARE ONLY 150 POKEMON!". Um, Mew says "hey", for one.

A lot of you younger folks aren't going to want to hear it, but some of you (especially "Genthree-ers") seem to have this same problem as the genwunners. I've heard a lot of kids that started with Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald say "THIRD IS THE BEST! FIRST IS STUPID AND ALL THE LATER GENERATIONS SUCK!". This (and the fact that I hate the Hoenn region with a fiery passion) has made me dislike the third gen games (though I love the third gen pokemon, I just hate the third gen games and region, which is why I don't replay them).

My favorite gen is fifth. I like the designs, I like how much more advanced it is than the previous generations, I like the story lines for both BW and B2W2. However, I will ALWAYS love the first generation, as it was my first. Yes, it was flawed. I know that. But that won't stop me from playing my copy of blue. I like the glitches, I like how crude the sprites look (some of them make me out right laugh), and, to tell the truth, I miss Team Rocket. They seemed the most realistic out of the "Evil Teams" as they were just the Pokemon Mafia. [/prepares to be called a genwunner for that]

~
    I gotta be honest, I will always like Team rocket as they were the first "bad" team and because I grew up with the anime, but with that said I have never really cared about the story of the pokemon series, to me the whole purpose of the game is to train a team awesome near godlike creatures just for the thrill of battle. That's why I never get why all the playable characters get such a fan following.

Take red for instance, he has such a huge fan following, but he has no personality whatsoever. all of the PCs are nothing more than our insert into the pokemon world. The true stars of the pokemon series are the pokemon themselves. Not Red, not N, not any of these generic anime kids, it is the POKEMON!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    By that logic, shouldn't a "true fan" love all pokemon? I despise Garbodor, and I'm not the greatest fan of gen 2 ever, yet I consider myself a true fan.

You don't have to like everything to be a true fan, you just have to like it. As long as Genwunners love the original pokemon games, they're still fans of pokemon games.

Shouldn't we respect their opinions? They don't respect ours, but if that's our argument, then it just ends up being an endless loop.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6540294656/hD38A088A/

then you are not a true fan just messinwith ya..

yeah but not liking the second gen is totally different then those who do not like newer gens because they are holding onto their youth and past.. thats what genwunners are really about.. they do not realise that it's all rose tinted glasses as to why gen 1 and 2 were the only true pokemon...

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Ehhh, when are you people going to stop making these threads? The number of new genners is way more than genwunners anyway. Also, just because some people think differently about Pokemon doesn't mean that they're stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    yeah but not liking the second gen is totally different then those who do not like newer gens
    So people who dislike the older gens are still true Pokémon fans, yet the ones who dislike the newer ones aren't?

I like all the gens, so do not call me a genwunner or anything, I just find it weird how there is a double standart.
    Last edited by Hilda; 29th December 2012 at 12:30 PM.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

i think that there are some new pokemon are pretty awful pokemon, worse than any of the first gen pokemon. vanillish and garbodar are...well...i just can't shake how terrible these pokemon look.and also woobat... it's true i agree with genwunners that poke designs are going down hill, especially in generation 5
    X fc 0645-7169-8228

I am flying with farfetcch'd, tranquill and hawlucha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast