Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Combatants Cup

Default The Combatants Cup

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/296c5eo.jpg[/IMG]
    The draft is over. The Teams are set. The lineups are submitted. Let the Combatants Cup officially Begin!

Table of Contents:
    1: Rules
    2: Submitting Battles
    3: In-Team Substitutions
    4: Off-Team Substitutions
    5: Substitute List:
    6: Rosters
    7: Schedule
    8: Standings
    9: Week 1
    10: Week 2
    11: Week 3
    12: Week 4
    13: Week 5
    14: All-Star Week
    15: Week 6
    16: Week 7
    17: Week 8
    18: Week 9
    19: Week 10
    20: Week 11
    21: Semifinals
    22: Finals
    23: Awards
    24: Closing Ceremonies
    25: The Combatants Fantasy League

RULES:
    1: Matches are BW2 OU. All Smogon rules apply. No exceptions. If a tier change is made during the course of the tournament, that change is effective immediately if the week is less than 3 days old. Otherwise, the change begins in the following week.
    2: All battles are to be done via PO or PS.
    3: Individual matches are Best Of 3. Not Best Of 1. Not Best Of 5. Best Of 3. You ARE allowed to change teams between battles.
    4: Do not troll or flame. If you do so, I have absolutely no qualms about kicking you out of the tournament and bringing in a substitute.
    5: If you are going to be inactive for a portion of a week when you are supposed to be battling, it is your responsibility to send both your captain and me a PRIVATE MESSAGE stating so.
    6: You are expected to contact your opponent via vm or pm. Do not wait on a xat chatroom waiting for an opponent to show up. Time zone differences are not an excuse. Set up a time to battle.

SUBMITTING BATTLES:
    I know it's a pain, but in the interest of keeping things orderly, I need you all to use very simple forms when submitting battles. They are found below.
    Code:
    Your Team:
    Opponent's Serebii Username:
    Opponent's Team:
    Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score):
    Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score):
    Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score):
    Both players should either post the form or quote their opponents post in order to confirm. If there is no form, then in my mind, the battle never happened. It's pretty straightforward.

In-Team Substitutions:
    An In-Team Substitution may only be made if:
    a) The player in question has been inactive on Serebii for 4 consecutive days AND has not informed me that they would be missing for that time.
    b) The player in question has sent their captain and me a PRIVATE MESSAGE stating that they will be unable to battle during the week in question. A screenshot of the PM must be provided.
    c) The player in question has been active on Serebii, but has made no effort to contact their opponent for 5 days.

Off-Team Substitutions:
    An Off-Team Substitution may only be made if:
    a) The player in question has been inactive on Serebii for 11 consecutive days and has not informed me that they would be missing for that time.
    b) The player in question has been subbed out for 2 consecutive weeks.
    c) The player in question has sent either their captain or me a PRIVATE MESSAGE stating their intent to quit the tournament. A screenshot of the PM must be provided.
    d) A player has been removed from the tournament due to flaming and/or trolling.

An Off-Team Substitution will be performed in the following manner:
    The substitutes will be broken into groups of 4 by a Random Number Generator. The Team Captain will choose a group WITHOUT knowing who is in said group. They will then have the choice of one of the 4 players in that group.

Substitute List:
    The following is the list of substitutes. If you wish to become a substitute, send me a PM or VM saying so.
    frozenphoenix96
    Citron0
    Ilane
    Quilapras
    Shadow130690

ROSTERS
    Below you will find the rosters of each team. Each name is linked to the profile page of the player.
        Spoiler:- Alpha Division - The Goo Lagoon Land Sharks, Une equipe de Badass, The Fellowship, The Aces of Frost:

Spoiler:- Broavo Division - The Golden Eagles, The Shield, The Human Scolipedes, The Lost Ones:

Spoiler:- Charlie Division - Tequila Sunrise, The Hellfire Hydras, The Weather Warriors, The Regal Renegades:

Schedule:
        Spoiler:

Standings
    Below you will find the standings for all 3 divisions, as well as the current wildcard standings. these will be updated each week.

Spoiler:- Standings:

WEEK 1
        Spoiler:- Week 1 Matchups:

Week 2
        Spoiler:- Week 2 Matchups:

Week 3
        Spoiler:- week 3 matchups:

Week 4
        Spoiler:- Week 4:

Week 5
        Spoiler:- Week 5 Matchups:

All-Star Week
        Spoiler:- All-Star Week:

Midseason
        Spoiler:- Midseason:

Week 6
        Spoiler:- Week 6 Matchups:

Week 7
        Spoiler:- Week 7 Matchups:

Week 8
        Spoiler:- Week 8 Matchups:

Week 9:
        Spoiler:- Week 9 Matchups:

Week 10:
        Spoiler:- Week 10 Matchups:

Week 11
        Spoiler:- Week 11 Matchups:

Semifinals
        Spoiler:- Semifinals:

Finals:

[0] The Goo Lagoon Land Sharks vs. Une équipe de Badass [2]
    [0] Spiderman123 V. bendy001 (2-0, 1-0) [2]
    [0] Extroph V. big beluga (2-0, 1-0) [2]
    jirachiuser1 V. Montresor

Awards:
        Spoiler:- AllStar Banners:

Next, The Division Champion and Wildcard Banners
        Spoiler:- Alpha Division Champion Banners:

Spoiler:- Bravo Division Champion Banners:

Spoiler:- Charlie Division Champion Banners:

Spoiler:- Wildcard Winner Banners:

There are 3 awards that will be distributed over the next week. One player from each division will receive each award. The awards are as follows:
    Most Valuable Player – Goes to the player who not only supplied the most strength to their team, but also had the toughest schedule and persevered throughout the competition.

Rookie Of The Year – Goes to the player who joined Serebii within the past 365 days and has shown the most promise, helping their team more than any other rookie.

Domination Award – Awarded to the player in each division who secured the greatest margin of victory in a single match.
    The descisions as to who should be awarded each honor were made by a joint committee of dewhinifier, Miror and myself.
    Tonight I will announce the rookies of the year.

First, from the Alpha division. Not only did this rookie have an outstanding regular season performance, maintaining an overall record of 5-1 and a division record of 1-1, but he was an essential member of his team through the first half. With a key player leaving after the first half of the season, this player upped his game, not losing a single match after the first week. He even secured an overpowering, 6-0, 6-0 victory early in the season. He made every effort to complete all of his matches, and for these reasons he is the Alpha Division’s Rookie Of The Year. Congratulations…
        Spoiler:- Alpha Division Rookie Of The Year:

Next, the Bravo division. This rookie was one of the final picks in the draft, but he showed his team that he could still be a force to be reckoned with. After three essential players dropped out within a 2-week span, his new captain relied on him to get the job done. While his team narrowly missed a playoff berth, this rookie posted an impressive 3-1 overall record (2-0 in-division), also collecting 3 wins via activity. While we still aren’t completely sure how to pronounce his name, I’m sure that in the future he will be a force to be reckoned with. Congratulations…
        Spoiler:- Bravo Division Rookie Of The Year:

Finally, the Charlie Division. This division lacked in the rookie department, but one rookie in particular stood out from the rest. Despite being relatively new to serebii, he already has a bit of a reputation. Despite being on a sub-.500 team, he posted a 4-0 record (0-0 in division), as well as picking up an activity win. I can honestly say that, in the near future, this rookie will be very well known in the section. Congratulations…
        Spoiler:- Charlie Division Rookie Of The Year:

It is now time to announce the Most Valuable Player in each of the three divisions. The criteria for this award is simple: It is a combination of record, strength of schedule, ability to complete battles and importance to their team. The MVP is based ONLY on the regular season, and NOT the playoffs.

First, the MVP from the Alpha Division:
    This captain has played an instrumental part in the success of his team. Not only did he post an impressive 4-0 overall record (1-0 in-division), but he also collected 3 activity wins. With his team being in a tight playoff race down the stretch, his victories were instrumental to the hopes that his team had of making the playoffs. That being said, It should be fairly obvious to everyone who the Alpha Division MVP is. Congratulations...
        Spoiler:- Alpha Division MVP:

Next, the Bravo division MVP. This player was a crucial part of the success of his team. Throughout the tournament, he put together an impressive 5-0 record (and 2 activity wins), carrying the team on his back while other players faltered. In division, he went 2-0, not playing in the third division matchup. His wins in the in-division matchups secured the win for his team each time, helping his team to make a last-ditch effort to pass the first place team and clinch a playoff berth. In the end, his endeavors were successful, and his team went to the playoffs. Congratulations to the Bravo Division's MVP...
        Spoiler:- Bravo Division MVP:

Finally, the Charlie Division MVP. This race was easily the closest contest for any award, with two players competing against each other throughout the season. Throughout the season, these players posted 4-3 (2-1 division) and 4-1 (0-0 division) records. The next facet is the strength of schedule. The first candidate faced a total of four very tough competitors, only beating one of them. The second player went 1-1 against tough opponents. of those matches, one loss for each player cost their team the match. the first players win, however, secured the win for his team. The first player, in the end, was more instrumental to his team, securing more wins than the second candidate, and that is why we congratulate him on being named the Charlie Division Most Valuable Player. Congratulations...
        Spoiler:- Charlie Division MVP:

It is now time for the final awards: The Domination Award. In each division, there was one player who anihillated their competition in one particular week. As such, these players recieve a special award.

First, the Alpha Division. In week 2, this player obtained the first double 6-0 of the tournament, destroying his opponent without breaking a sweat. Congratulations to the Alpha Division Domination Award recipient...
        Spoiler:- Alpha Division Domination Award:

Next, the Bravo Division winner. This player handily beat his week 7 opponent, winning 5-0, 5-0. Congratulations to our Bravo Division Domination Award winner...
        Spoiler:- Bravo Division Domination Award:

Finally, the Charlie Division winner. This latecomer to the tournament quickly set a high standard for himself, securing the second and final double 6-0 of the season. Congratulations to the Charlie Division Domination Award recipient...
        Spoiler:- Charlie Division Domination Award:

Please give art credit to Extroph, should you choose to place any of these banners in your signatures. Once all of the awards have been distributed, players with multiple banners will have them edited into single slideshow-style banners.

Closing Ceremonies
    Congratulations to Une equipe de Badass on their victory, and to the Goo Lagoon Land Sharks on their run, as well. Below you will find banners for both teams, as well as the slideshow banners, as promised, for those who earned more than one banner.

Spoiler:- Combatants Cup Champion Banners:

Spoiler:- Combatants Cup Runner Up Banners:

If you received more than one award banner, check the spoiler below to see if you have a slideshow banner waiting for you.
        Spoiler:- Slideshow Banners:

Thank you, once again, to all participants. I hope to see many of you, if not all of you, in Late November when I open signups for the second season of The Combatants Cup. There will be changes made, including a shorter season and more teams (if needed), so It will be another exhilerating experience. Thank you to Serebii for allowing me to host, and to Ragnarok for allowing me to make multiple threads for this tournament. Good luck, and see you in a few months.
    Last edited by Kingothestone; 7th April 2013 at 2:21 AM. Reason: Closing Ceremonies

B- Grade PASBL referee. If you need a match reffed, just ask me.

The Combatants Fantasy League:

The CFL Draft
    The CFL draft is set to be held this coming Wendesday, January 2nd, at 6:00 PM gmt -5. It will take place in the Operation Obliviate Xat. Spectators are welcome, but must keep silent in order to allow the draft to proceed at a decent rate. Those who can not do so on their own will be silenced.

THE DRAFT LOCATION HAS BEEN CHANGED TO THE OPERATION OBLIVIATE XAT.

The draft is scheduled for tonight, January 2nd at 6 pm gmt -5. I have lists from everyone except woebegonenick, so if you can't make it, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Format:
    The draft will last 5 rounds and will run in standard snake format. the order is as follows:

1: firestar319
    2: Chidoriuser
    3: Eliteknight
    4: The Mysterious Stranger
    5: OrbrunnerX
    6: Tsumigi-chan
    7: Extroph
    8: CrystalNineTales
    9: woebegonenick

Each pick will last 2 minutes. This is mainly to allow me to update each smartlist with the picks that are being removed. I suggest that you have your smart list ready and remove names as they are drafted. Assuming that I remove the names from each list before the 2 minute mark, you will have the remainder of those 2 minutes to make your decision. If i have finished my work and you know your pick, you will be allowed to make it. do not make your pick before I say you can though, or it will cause confusion.

Rosters

Alpha Division:
        Spoiler:- Team Chidoriuser, Team The Mysterious Stranger, Team CrystalNineTales:

Bravo Division:

Spoiler:- Team Eliteknight, Team OrbrunnerX, Team firestar319:

Charlie Division:

Spoiler:- Team woebegonenick, Team Extroph, Team tsumigi-chan:

Free Agents
    Below you will find a list of the current free agent pool. If you wish to add one of these players, see the "Adding/Dropping Players" section.

Crazy Bolts
    BurntToast
    D-BRAY
    OrebrunnerX
    legendofsway
    SneaselFTW
    snivy trainer
    pikachu725
    WolfOnDiamond
    ger9119
    Apollo77
    Ninja Eevee
    TDoyle18
    Emilyshortcake
    MasterKojondo
    woebegonenick
    SkyDriver

Adding/Dropping Players
    At any given time, any team may have as many as 6 players, or as few as 4. If you wish to add a player, send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE with the name of the player you wish to add. If you wish to drop a player, send me a message with the name of the player you wish to drop. the subject of the message should be "Adding a CFL Player" or "Dropping a CFL Player", respectively. Check here regularly to see what changes are happening.

Trades:
    2 owners may wish to exchange players. This is allowed through week 5 of the CFL. Both teams must adhere to the player min/max limits. Trades must be approved by 3 owners besides the 2 participating in the trade.

Submitting Lineups
    Lineups are to be submitted each week with 4 players. The players will accumulate points based on how well they do in their respective matches, which will go towards the team total. Owners may change their lineup at any time until the first match of the week is completed. If a lineup is not sent to me via PRIVATE MESSAGE by that time, the lineup from the prior week will be used.
    Point Spread:
    Below is the point spread for the CFL.
    Win the match 2-0 – 10 points
    Win the match 2-1 - 8 points
    Lose the match 1-2 - 2 points
    Lose the match 0-2 – 0 points
    +2 points for every surviving Pokemon on the players team after each win
    The team of the player wins the weekly match – 5 points
    The player does not complete their match - -3 points
    Win streak - +2 for each win in the streak (after 1)

Schedule:
        Spoiler:- Schedule":

Week 1:
        Spoiler:- CFL Week 1:

Week 2
        Spoiler:- CFL Week 2:

Week 3
        Spoiler:- CFL Week 3:

Week 4
        Spoiler:- CFL Week 4:

Week 5:

Spoiler:- CFL Week 5:

Week 6
        Spoiler:- CFL Week 6:

Week 7:
        Spoiler:- CFL Week 7:
        Spoiler:- CFL Week 7:

Week 8
        Spoiler:- CFL Week 8:

CFL PLAYOFFS SEMIFINALS:
        Spoiler:- Semifinals:

CFL FINALS:

[11] Team CrystalNineTales V. Team The Mysterious Stranger [41]
    CrystalNinetales [0] : [27] Prohawk
    Eranu™ [2] : [-3] ShowMeTheMankey
    Shadow♠ [4] : [0] Eliteknight
    mcdanger [5] : [20] guerrilla radio

As such, the winner of the Combatants Fantasy league is…
    The Mysterious Stranger!

Congratulations! Here is your victory banner:

-------------------------------------------------------
    Best of luck to all participants

~Credit for all images except the charts goes to Extroph~
    Last edited by Kingothestone; 7th April 2013 at 2:23 AM.

Upset alert? And yeah, contacted my opponent

Loving the confidence in the shield! Looking foward to an exciting and fun cup good luck everyone.
    Career Battle Record:W-635 L-379 T-4 ASB Record: 46 TP 16 KO (TL2)

Sent a pm to snivy, awaiting his reply and hoping to have a match soon.
    3DS Fc: 2621-4019-0686

Your Team: Aces of Frost
    Opponent's Serebii Username: Eliteknight
    Opponent's Team: The Lost Ones
    Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): L 1-0
    Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): W 3-0
    Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): W 4-0

GG's and thats one wrong for jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post

confirming good games my friend

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow

You will soon learn that Jets has a knack for being incredibly awful at predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by kingothestone View Post
    You will soon learn that Jets has a knack for being incredibly awful at predictions.
    Well, Jets is incredibly awful as it is.

#GooLagoon2013

mazz and i are in contact, i am preparing myself to lose.
    we'll probably battle soon

Credit to the amazing Lunar <3 and EG and BH :3

Quote Originally Posted by Montresor View Post
    mazz and i are in contact, i am preparing myself to lose.
    we'll probably battle soon
    Thats the spirit!

To all players, in the interest of moving this tournament along as quickly as possible, please let your teammates know that the tournament is underway.

Woohoo! We're winning! Of course, I can't battle till Tuesday...

I see CystalNinetales on the server fairly often so it should be no problem to get this done

Predictions~

The Shield vs. The Weather Warriors
    CrystalNineTales V. ShowMeTheMankey
    wolfondiamond V. snivy trainer
    Skamory7 V. Ninja Eevee

The Fellowship vs. The Human Scolipedes
    Voice Of The Forest V. Sheps
    Tormented V. Lost Requiem
    Ninja Dewott V. Prohawk

The Goo Lagoon Land Sharks vs. Une équipe de Badass
    M4zz V. Montresor
    Extroph V. BestGamePearl
    Spiderman123 V. bendy001

The Golden Eagles vs. The Hellfire Hydras
    Blue Harvest V. miror
    dragonuser™ V. mcdanger
    dewhinifier V. Eranu™

The Lost Ones vs. The Aces of Frost
    legendofsway V. The Mysterious Stranger
    Shadow♠ V. Elxlcel
    (1; 1-0) Eliteknight V. Sparkbeat (2; 3-0, 4-0)

The Royal Renegades vs. Tequila Sunrise
    Jets V. chidoriuser
    Alcatraz V. ~Ace
    Apollo77 V. Lunar.

The Golden Eagles or The Royal Renegades will win the whole thing come second to THE MIGHTY WEATHER WARRIORS.
    Last edited by ShowMeTheMankey; 29th December 2012 at 5:02 PM.
    [IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/2vloeo9.jpg[/IMG]

To Miror

Love, BH

Your Team: Shield
    Opponent's Serebii Username: Show Me The Mankey
    Opponent's Team: Weather Warriors
    Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): lost to him 0-3 gg
    Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): won 1-0 gg
    Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): lost 0-3/4 gg

Your Team: THE WEATHER WARRIORS
    Opponent's Serebii Username: CrystalNinetales
    Opponent's Team: the shield
    Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): w; err 3/4-0 (?)
    Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): l; 0-1
    Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): w; 4-0

WHY AREN'T MY GIFS MOVING
    Last edited by ShowMeTheMankey; 29th December 2012 at 4:17 PM. Reason: SEE ABOVE
    [IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/2vloeo9.jpg[/IMG]

I agree, Jets is ****

also shouldn't be hard to get this done as i see him on ta xat a decent amount

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

Good luck to all combatants! Contacting BGP soon.

Swiggity swoogity I'm coming for that booty
    3DS FC: 1805 - 2374 - 9672
    PASBL | Guild

contacted bendy, battle time has been arranged

Credit to BLUES for userbar (such sweg).

Your Team: The Golden Eagles
    Opponent's Serebii Username: McDanger
    Opponent's Team: The Hellfire Hydras
    Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): Win, 2-0?
    Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): Win, 4-0
    Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): not needed

ggs

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

Your Team:hellfire hydras
    Opponent's Serebii Username:dragonuser
    Opponent's Team:the golden eagles
    Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score):lose 0-1/2
    Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score):lose 0-4
    Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score):

ggs i played kinda shitty :P

contacted skynet, lgi tequila!!!!

can i get a link to user of chidori's profile plox. ty

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    maybe if you read the o.p a bit more you could have found his profile .-.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/member....40-Chidoriuser

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    As stated in the OP, the roster for each team contains a link to the profile of each team member.
    Last edited by Kingothestone; 30th December 2012 at 12:42 AM.

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast