Thread: Jynx Discussion

Default Jynx Discussion

Jynx

65/50/35/115/95/95
    Hosting a legendary base 95 speed in the Nu tier, Jynx is one of the fastest pokemon in the game. She can run a plethora of sets and has that legendary speed tier to outpace most of the metagame. Speaking of sets, the two most common sets she can run are the scarfed and sub nasty plot. Coming from 115 base special attack, those psychic attacks and Ice beams will be doing a big chunk to things that are weak to them or even doing a little bit to types that resist it. Some of the moves Jynx gets are stuff like Trick Room or Calm mind, but Jynx does not have to sufficient defenses to keep something like that up. Plus, Jynx is a fast mon in the NU tier, so you really can't use it with TR.

Even though Jynx is a blessed mon, she also has her flaws. Base 50 defense is not too good to keep her alive on the physical side, so you have to predict around pokemon like Skuntank or Sawk and you also have to watch out for any super effective moves. While Ice/Psychic is an interesting typing, it does give her weaknesses to a lot of things in the tier,therefore requiring you to play around those. Any pokemon with sucker punch or Pursuit can take her down if they can take a hit from either Ice Beam or Psychic.

Aside from that, what sets have you guys been running ? How much effect have you used Jynx to ? What teammates go well with Jynx ?
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

You know I don't play a lot of nu but from what I've heard the sub nasty plot set can be devastating late game if you manage to relive things like Swellow and quick feet Ursaring. That being said hazards are appreciated as well as hard hitting mons like Sawk to soften up some of the bulkier members of the tier for that late game sweep

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    You know I don't play a lot of nu but from what I've heard the sub nasty plot set can be devastating late game if you manage to relive things like Swellow and quick feet Ursaring. That being said hazards are appreciated as well as hard hitting mons like Sawk to soften up some of the bulkier members of the tier for that late game sweep
    You are right in that aspect, because you can set up a Nasty Plot on one of their defensive mons like Probopass, bar that the threats are gone or are not in play.
    Then set up a sub and start either attacking or putting at least one thing to sleep.

Jynx is a countered mon a lot, because she is on a lot of teams, mainly because she has Dry Skin,which allows her to give your team a water immunity.
    She does do her preperation for a late game sweep well, along with her revenge killing as well.

That base 95 speed also helps with that, because she will outspeed most of the tier.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[

I never really played with Jynx in NU
    but I do have experience in NU.

Gotta say that Jynx is one the major threats in NU, her type combination is really dangerous only blockable by Klinkklang, Lairon and Evio Metang who aren't really that popular.
    But even then they need to watch out for Focus blast. Jynx needs SR or Spikes support to counter Sawk, it doesn't matter what set it has, it always get k'd by Choice scarf Sawk due sturdy.

However, I think Skuntank is the best counter to Jynx.
    Sucker punch is an 1-hitko. So I'll say a nice partner for Jynx is Garbodor with drain punch and Spike support or Miltank with SR and Thick fat or Torkoal. I'm sure there are more great partners for it
    but these ones come to mind immidiatly.

Visit my Secret Base and let me know if you enjoyed it

Recent Hatch:

I've used Jynx in OU with the infinite rain that Politoed brings. Yeah she gets outsped a lot, but it's very easy to multiple Nasty Plot boosts with Substitute and Lovely Kiss. At that point, having an Ice resistance doesn't matter. Ice Beam can 1-2HKO a lot of things.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

I remember a RMT I made back during the Genesect era that featured Jynx, and it was awesome. I'd probably make a few changes if I were to use the team again (SpecsToed with Scald > ScarfToed and Scarf Keldeo > LO Vaporeon), but Jynx was always just such a cool Pokemon. Its like Toxicroak in that it's an impressively resilient and annoying Rain sweeper, but it comes with the bonus of having a pretty reliable sleep move. Between Lovely Kiss and almost perpetual Substitutes in Rain, Jynx doesn't find it too hard to get up multiple Nasty Plot boosts. If you can get up to +6 (which I probably did in about half of my attempts, lol), you 2HKO pretty much every common Pokemon in OU besides Heatran, and even then many Heatran sets can be 3HKOd without too much trouble. This weekend I might remake my old team an post some replays of it, because that thing is really good.

Damn. I love all this positive discussion about Jynx. It makes me want to use it in OU lol.

However, I just want some opinions from veteran Jynx users: Which move set is better

- Nasty Plot
    - Ice Beam'
    - Lovely Kiss
    - Substitute

or

- Nasty Plot
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Lovely Kiss

I really don't know which set to use. The above set cuts out coverage for safety, while the other does it the opposite way. I just want to know from other's personal experience which set is the better one to run.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Well, I use her in NU mainly and I'd say she is one of the biggest threats in the tier.
    If you aren't running a counter to Jynx, you are royally screwed as Jynx can pretty much destroy your team without any prior notice.
    Her coverage is amazing, often dealing with the majority of common types in NU with the coverage that she carries.

Skuntank is a good counter to her, as he can live and ice beam and persuit trap her, making her useless because she will have sung her last opera song. Also, Pokemon that can take hits counter her, like LickyLicky can handle Jynx locked into moves like lce Beam or Psychic and not even Lickylicky is 2HKO'ed by Focus Blast. Her Dry Skin ability is pretty darn good, being able to take advantage of the non-automatic rain in the NU tier and she gets healed from it. While Dry Skin is a blessing,Jynx does have to look out for the sun,because she doesn't need to take more damage,mainly because her defenses are really, really low.

What is your guys opinion of the effecitiveness of SR and how it affects Jynx ?

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[