Thread: Can't uninstall previous Trend Micro security

Default Can't uninstall previous Trend Micro security

I've been trying to uninstall my former Trend Micro Titanium security to make way for Trend Micro Maximum Security, but it doesn't seem to want to take a hint and go.

I've tried to uninstall it from the control panel and with the diagnostic toolkit, but I'm guessing there are other ways to do it? Because it's taking far too long to uninstall. I mean, it doesn't take a couple of hours, does it?

I'm not gonna lie: I'm rubbish with computers. What else can I do to get rid of my previous security?

Thanking you kindly.

wait the hours then. leave your comp on and go to watch a movie or something
    FC: 2967 6468 9106
    If you believe in Flying Spaghetti Monster put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because he says, `If you deny me, I will deny you in front the beer volcano

Credit to eeveelover824
    My x and y shinies: froakie (193 eggs MM), Mime Jr (RE), Volbeat (RE)
        Spoiler:- Assorted chain sig stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by flyinggurtboy View Post
    wait the hours then. leave your comp on and go to watch a movie or something
    Waiting may indeed be what you need to do, you can delete the software in other ways but looking at the normal ways also doing what they're intended to do, patience may indeed be the best solution to your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonskull View Post
    Waiting may indeed be what you need to do, you can delete the software in other ways but looking at the normal ways also doing what they're intended to do, patience may indeed be the best solution to your problem.
    Oh, I've been patient. But five to maybe six hours of waiting hasn't done me much good, unfortunately.

Is it supposed to take that long to uninstall?

What you also do is deleting the directory which contains the program, after that look in the %appdata% directory delete any files associated with the program and afterwards clean your register with a program (for exaple CCLeaner). This should delete most of the files and you're free from that program. Be sure to close the program before doing any of this ofcourse, otherwise it won't delete everything. I'm not sure however if you would be able to continue any form of that program from that moment on, but my guess is that you will be able to though.