Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone agree that in the future the fillers should be more like the Kanto ones?

Default Does anyone agree that in the future the fillers should be more like the Kanto ones?

The Kanto fillers at least has a storyline beyond simply showcase the pokemon of the day for 22 minutes and also included real life references and more humor. And though I dislike saying this they also managed to use Team rocket for more than just padding by giving them roles that are more than just petty thieves who always blast off. Anyone else agree that they ought to make future fillers like the original ones?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The Kanto fillers at least has a storyline beyond simply showcase the pokemon of the day for 22 minutes and also included real life references and more humor. And though I dislike saying this they also managed to use Team rocket for more than just padding by giving them roles that are more than just petty thieves who always blast off. Anyone else agree that they ought to make future fillers like the original ones?
    I actually really enjoyed fillers like the Princess Festival and the Clefairy tales xD Though the BW fillers weren't so bad Sinnoh/Johto level, some were quite enjoyable in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I actually really enjoyed fillers like the Princess Festival and the Clefairy tales xD Though the BW fillers weren't so bad Sinnoh/Johto level, some were quite enjoyable in my opinion
    I just watched those 2 this morning XD, it's nice to see at least in the princess one how despite Lickitung being the pokemon of the day it didn't hog all the screentime but rather was inserted cleverly into the plot. Plus the events were just hilarious.

The Princess ep wasn't even a filler, Jessie caught Lickitung in it..

I think all episodes should be like Johto fillers.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Shouldn't this be posted in the general discussion? This isn't a spoiler at all...

I disagree though I think the show has developed this way for a reason. We like those episode because of nostalgia. And like Cyber said the princess episode wasn't filler.

Oh I totally agree, the fillers after the OS just weren't good. They were dull and boring and I think that OS fillers should be implented to future sagas to at least make it good or decent.

Yeah, I totally agree. Some fillers (and non-fillers episodes in Kanto and Johto) were very fun to watch and were interesting as well. The writers even didn't forget Ash's other Pokemon and they made special second plot just for them (Like in the episode where Jessie gets Wobbuffet, at the same time, Ash takes Tauros for a competition). They should do it more today.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    Yeah, I totally agree. Some fillers (and non-fillers episodes in Kanto and Johto) were very fun to watch and were interesting as well. The writers even didn't forget Ash's other Pokemon and they made special second plot just for them (Like in the episode where Jessie gets Wobbuffet, at the same time, Ash takes Tauros for a competition). They should do it more today.
    Yeah that was the one thing I saw that put Kanto fillers over the top compared to more recent ones was that each episode had its own plot for the most part with the pokemon tied in creatively, now the new pokemon is the episode and that can be a drag :x

Of course they should. The Kanto fillers didn't follow a pattern like most of the Johto, AG and DP ones did and they were actually written very well like most of Kanto was. They had humor, heart and they entertained you with unique plots.

Not all of the new fillers were boring; the Pokemon Ranger episodes were great in my opinion!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    Not all of the new fillers were boring; the Pokemon Ranger episodes were great in my opinion!
    I agree with this. I think Kanto had the best collection of fillers though but even Kanto had some boring fillers. "Hypno's Naptime" was a snooze (Ha!).

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I agree with this. I think Kanto had the best collection of fillers though but even Kanto had some boring fillers. "Hypno's Naptime" was a snooze (Ha!).
    Hypno's Naptime wasn't a filler. Misty captured Psyduck remember?

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Ah yes. It was still a snooze though. Actually it's funny because Kanto is probably the only season where most of the best episodes of that season were fillers.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 28th December 2012 at 6:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    The definition of a filler episode is subjective.

Anyway, we do need better fillers because the only good filler episodes that aired after OS in my opinion were the Ralts episode from AG and the Togepi episode from DP, which is unsettling. We need crazy episodes that push boundaries and cause controversy; this anime needs to pull a Madonna pronto. It's the only way that the ratings will increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post

Anyway, we do need better fillers because the only good filler episodes that aired after OS in my opinion were the Ralts episode from AG and the Togepi episode from DP, which is unsettling. We need crazy episodes that push boundaries and cause controversy; this anime needs to pull a Madonna pronto. It's the only way that the ratings will increase.
    I agree. I'm thinking about the Maiden's Peak episode and the Sabrina arcs. The writers took risks in those episodes and I would love to see that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post

I liked that episode where Staravia fell in love with a fake.

I liked that episode where Staravia fell in love with a fake.
    ...That wasn't the main point of the episode though. lol

STAR.

STAR.

STAR.

I loved it to though. It IS in my sig for a reason. XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    ...That wasn't the main point of the episode though. lol

STAR.

STAR.

STAR.

I loved it to though. It IS in my sig for a reason. XD
    The bad part of it evolving was that Staraptor grew a brain mid evolution so it wasn't funny anymore. If only all pokemon were like charizard, mamoswine and Gliscor where they kept personalities after evolving....

The bad part of it evolving was that Staraptor grew a brain mid evolution so it wasn't funny anymore. If only all pokemon were like charizard, mamoswine and Gliscor where they kept personalities after evolving....
    I still call BS on the personality totally changing through evolution, but whatever.

I think you're looking for "entertaining personalities" because they all still had personalities technically.

We get the pokemon all evolving finally in sinnoh, and yet...lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I think you're looking for "entertaining personalities"
    That's exactly what people are looking for and sometimes Pokémon do lose their entertainment value after they evolve. This isn't always the case though obviously. Especially since Charizard is fully evolved and he is still extremely entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    That's exactly what people are looking for and sometimes Pokémon do lose their entertainment value after they evolve. This isn't always the case though obviously. Especially since Charizard is fully evolved and he is still extremely entertaining.
    For the last time, I call bs on the personality change through evolution ._...

>3>..or at least, a total 180 twist change. If charizard had stay good and nice like charmander, then it probably wouldn't have been THAT entertaining ._.

But I'm not saying entertaining personalities are worse...but you'd think theres certain things people wouldn't care about.
    ...lol
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I still call BS on the personality totally changing through evolution, but whatever.

I think you're looking for "entertaining personalities" because they all still had personalities technically.

We get the pokemon all evolving finally in sinnoh, and yet...lol
    Just look at Grotle and Monferno..as soon as they evolved Grotle was just the slow meatshield punching bag for other pokemon to train on (it does get rock climb so..) while monferno didn't show up that often before it evolved again.

For the last time, I call bs on the personality change through evolution ._...

>3>..or at least, a total 180 twist change. If charizard had stay good and nice like charmander, then it probably wouldn't have been THAT entertaining ._.

But I'm not saying entertaining personalities are worse...but you'd think theres certain things people wouldn't care about.
    ...lol
    Wow.... I have to disagree with you. I think there are a few examples of Pokémon changing personalities when they evolve. Charmander being the main example. It doesn't happen all the time but it's not impossible.

Anyone else agree that among the main cast, their rivals, their pokemon,gym leaders, other game characters, and the villains there should be enough content to fill a 200 episode saga without there being any need for fillers period?

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast