Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: Does anyone agree that in the future the fillers should be more like the Kanto ones?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default Does anyone agree that in the future the fillers should be more like the Kanto ones?

    The Kanto fillers at least has a storyline beyond simply showcase the pokemon of the day for 22 minutes and also included real life references and more humor. And though I dislike saying this they also managed to use Team rocket for more than just padding by giving them roles that are more than just petty thieves who always blast off. Anyone else agree that they ought to make future fillers like the original ones?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The Kanto fillers at least has a storyline beyond simply showcase the pokemon of the day for 22 minutes and also included real life references and more humor. And though I dislike saying this they also managed to use Team rocket for more than just padding by giving them roles that are more than just petty thieves who always blast off. Anyone else agree that they ought to make future fillers like the original ones?
    I actually really enjoyed fillers like the Princess Festival and the Clefairy tales xD Though the BW fillers weren't so bad Sinnoh/Johto level, some were quite enjoyable in my opinion

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I actually really enjoyed fillers like the Princess Festival and the Clefairy tales xD Though the BW fillers weren't so bad Sinnoh/Johto level, some were quite enjoyable in my opinion
    I just watched those 2 this morning XD, it's nice to see at least in the princess one how despite Lickitung being the pokemon of the day it didn't hog all the screentime but rather was inserted cleverly into the plot. Plus the events were just hilarious.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,924

    Default

    The Princess ep wasn't even a filler, Jessie caught Lickitung in it..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,952

    Default

    I think all episodes should be like Johto fillers.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Shouldn't this be posted in the general discussion? This isn't a spoiler at all...

    I disagree though I think the show has developed this way for a reason. We like those episode because of nostalgia. And like Cyber said the princess episode wasn't filler.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Oh I totally agree, the fillers after the OS just weren't good. They were dull and boring and I think that OS fillers should be implented to future sagas to at least make it good or decent.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Yeah, I totally agree. Some fillers (and non-fillers episodes in Kanto and Johto) were very fun to watch and were interesting as well. The writers even didn't forget Ash's other Pokemon and they made special second plot just for them (Like in the episode where Jessie gets Wobbuffet, at the same time, Ash takes Tauros for a competition). They should do it more today.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    Yeah, I totally agree. Some fillers (and non-fillers episodes in Kanto and Johto) were very fun to watch and were interesting as well. The writers even didn't forget Ash's other Pokemon and they made special second plot just for them (Like in the episode where Jessie gets Wobbuffet, at the same time, Ash takes Tauros for a competition). They should do it more today.
    Yeah that was the one thing I saw that put Kanto fillers over the top compared to more recent ones was that each episode had its own plot for the most part with the pokemon tied in creatively, now the new pokemon is the episode and that can be a drag :x

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Of course they should. The Kanto fillers didn't follow a pattern like most of the Johto, AG and DP ones did and they were actually written very well like most of Kanto was. They had humor, heart and they entertained you with unique plots.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arcanum, Ohio
    Posts
    1,015

    Default

    Not all of the new fillers were boring; the Pokemon Ranger episodes were great in my opinion!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

    FC: 5129-0492-5213

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    Not all of the new fillers were boring; the Pokemon Ranger episodes were great in my opinion!
    I agree with this. I think Kanto had the best collection of fillers though but even Kanto had some boring fillers. "Hypno's Naptime" was a snooze (Ha!).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I agree with this. I think Kanto had the best collection of fillers though but even Kanto had some boring fillers. "Hypno's Naptime" was a snooze (Ha!).
    Hypno's Naptime wasn't a filler. Misty captured Psyduck remember?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Hypno's Naptime wasn't a filler. Misty captured Psyduck remember?
    Ah yes. It was still a snooze though. Actually it's funny because Kanto is probably the only season where most of the best episodes of that season were fillers.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 28th December 2012 at 6:59 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Hypno's Naptime wasn't a filler. Misty captured Psyduck remember?
    The definition of a filler episode is subjective.

    Anyway, we do need better fillers because the only good filler episodes that aired after OS in my opinion were the Ralts episode from AG and the Togepi episode from DP, which is unsettling. We need crazy episodes that push boundaries and cause controversy; this anime needs to pull a Madonna pronto. It's the only way that the ratings will increase.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    The definition of a filler episode is subjective.

    Anyway, we do need better fillers because the only good filler episodes that aired after OS in my opinion were the Ralts episode from AG and the Togepi episode from DP, which is unsettling. We need crazy episodes that push boundaries and cause controversy; this anime needs to pull a Madonna pronto. It's the only way that the ratings will increase.
    I agree. I'm thinking about the Maiden's Peak episode and the Sabrina arcs. The writers took risks in those episodes and I would love to see that again.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    The definition of a filler episode is subjective.

    Anyway, we do need better fillers because the only good filler episodes that aired after OS in my opinion were the Ralts episode from AG and the Togepi episode from DP, which is unsettling. We need crazy episodes that push boundaries and cause controversy; this anime needs to pull a Madonna pronto. It's the only way that the ratings will increase.
    I liked that episode where Staravia fell in love with a fake.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I liked that episode where Staravia fell in love with a fake.
    ...That wasn't the main point of the episode though. lol

    STAR.

    STAR.

    STAR.

    I loved it to though. It IS in my sig for a reason. XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    ...That wasn't the main point of the episode though. lol

    STAR.

    STAR.

    STAR.

    I loved it to though. It IS in my sig for a reason. XD
    The bad part of it evolving was that Staraptor grew a brain mid evolution so it wasn't funny anymore. If only all pokemon were like charizard, mamoswine and Gliscor where they kept personalities after evolving....

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The bad part of it evolving was that Staraptor grew a brain mid evolution so it wasn't funny anymore. If only all pokemon were like charizard, mamoswine and Gliscor where they kept personalities after evolving....
    I still call BS on the personality totally changing through evolution, but whatever.

    I think you're looking for "entertaining personalities" because they all still had personalities technically.

    We get the pokemon all evolving finally in sinnoh, and yet...lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I think you're looking for "entertaining personalities"
    That's exactly what people are looking for and sometimes Pokémon do lose their entertainment value after they evolve. This isn't always the case though obviously. Especially since Charizard is fully evolved and he is still extremely entertaining.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    That's exactly what people are looking for and sometimes Pokémon do lose their entertainment value after they evolve. This isn't always the case though obviously. Especially since Charizard is fully evolved and he is still extremely entertaining.
    For the last time, I call bs on the personality change through evolution ._...

    >3>..or at least, a total 180 twist change. If charizard had stay good and nice like charmander, then it probably wouldn't have been THAT entertaining ._.

    But I'm not saying entertaining personalities are worse...but you'd think theres certain things people wouldn't care about.
    ...lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I still call BS on the personality totally changing through evolution, but whatever.

    I think you're looking for "entertaining personalities" because they all still had personalities technically.

    We get the pokemon all evolving finally in sinnoh, and yet...lol
    Just look at Grotle and Monferno..as soon as they evolved Grotle was just the slow meatshield punching bag for other pokemon to train on (it does get rock climb so..) while monferno didn't show up that often before it evolved again.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    For the last time, I call bs on the personality change through evolution ._...

    >3>..or at least, a total 180 twist change. If charizard had stay good and nice like charmander, then it probably wouldn't have been THAT entertaining ._.

    But I'm not saying entertaining personalities are worse...but you'd think theres certain things people wouldn't care about.
    ...lol
    Wow.... I have to disagree with you. I think there are a few examples of Pokémon changing personalities when they evolve. Charmander being the main example. It doesn't happen all the time but it's not impossible.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,241

    Default

    Anyone else agree that among the main cast, their rivals, their pokemon,gym leaders, other game characters, and the villains there should be enough content to fill a 200 episode saga without there being any need for fillers period?

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •