Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 213

Thread: Future of Iris

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    111

    Default Future of Iris

    Do you think she'll continue to travel with Ash or become the 8th Gym Leader or even become the next Champion of Unova.


    Personally I would love her to stay but her being the new Gym leader is most likely.

    Discuss...



    Never fear, N is here!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    I wouldn't mind her staying with Ash but she'll more then most likely get replaced

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    She will become the champion 2 years later.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    She will become the champion 2 years later.
    Lol funny thing about that is no one ever ages in this show

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    that was the joke -.-
    I still think she's gonna get even more pimped out by the end of BW just because she's the writer's favorite.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    I think probably she'll end up at the gym so that Ash can get a new female travelling partner for 6th gen. It seems more likely than skipping straight to champion. She'll probably make a cameo later on, though I think she'll still be a gym leader at that point.

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    "For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

    My Animelist


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N... View Post
    Do you think she'll continue to travel with Ash or become the 8th Gym Leader or even become the next Champion of Unova.


    Personally I would love her to stay but her being the new Gym leader is most likely.

    Discuss...
    It's hard to say tbh. I'm going to go ahead and say she will continue to travel with Ash. I have no idea, though.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    that was the joke -.-
    I still think she's gonna get even more pimped out by the end of BW just because she's the writer's favorite.
    There's a reason why she was treated as God in BW2--

    It was a Madoka reference.

    Steins;Gate refi next pls. It'll be the Choice of Steiner


    --

    Srsly now I think she'll become 8th Gym Leader. That's obvious so far.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 29th December 2012 at 10:07 PM.


    “...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    There's a reason why she was treated as God in BW2--

    It was a Madoka reference.


    --

    Srsly now I think she'll become 8th Gym Leader. That's obvious so far.
    You're probably right haha. It's funny, because I don't think I can predict Iris' future in the anime that well, despite pretty much correctly guessing most of what has happened in BW so far.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    It was a Madoka reference.
    And an amazing one. :P

    As for me, she'll become a gym leader at the end of BW.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Iris doesn't seem like she would be an intimidating Gym Leader yet. Maybe if Axew at least evolved. She could use another capture too. I would hope for a Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra. Misty's went largely unnoticed

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Iris doesn't seem like she would be an intimidating Gym Leader yet. Maybe if Axew at least evolved. She could use another capture too. I would hope for a Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra. Misty's went largely unnoticed
    I find it hilarious how she got a Dragonite in the wild like that, yet her Axew still hasn't evolved. Anime logic for ya, after all. xD.

    But seriously, I agree. She deserves a better team IMO and I was glad she got Dragonite.

    She could get a Kingdra like Dawn got Togekiss in Sinnoh. Here comes the Princess Salvia of Unova! JK.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    She'll call Ash a kid and he will walk away.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningSociety12345543210 View Post
    She'll call Ash a kid and he will walk away.
    LOL.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJVw-wmy0vw

    ;-)
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    . I would hope for a Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra. Misty's went largely unnoticed
    And for good reason. the lines useless most of the time since it can't do much out of water.

    I don't get why people want to see her with something that's hardly ever gonna get to do anything

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    203

    Default

    No doubt she will be the new Gym Leader.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!



    FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    And for good reason. the lines useless most of the time since it can't do much out of water.
    Trip's Jellyfish can fly. Your argument is invalid.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningSociety12345543210 View Post
    Trip's Jellyfish can fly. Your argument is invalid.
    what? what on earth do the two species have to do with each other? its been proven the Horses line is next to useless out of water

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    And for good reason. the lines useless most of the time since it can't do much out of water.

    I don't get why people want to see her with something that's hardly ever gonna get to do anything
    They can easily have Kingdra "fly" he does have wings and it's not like it's a fish and needs the water to move or breathe.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    They can easily have Kingdra "fly" he does have wings and it's not like it's a fish and needs the water to move or breathe.
    it has fins not wings so its not going to "fly"

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    it has fins not wings so its not going to "fly"
    "Fly" "levitate" same ****

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    She ain't staying so I don't know why this is being asked. You should have known from the getgo that she was gonna be replaced.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    301

    Default

    I think Iris is going to become the gym leader of Opelucid City and they'll more likely find Ash another female traveling companion.

    I guess we'll see what happens.

    3DS FC: 4871-6086-4217
    PokeSpe Club | Secret Base

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    She'll sadly leave when this generation ends, which is in roughly 8-9 months. The only thing I can do is continue to support Iris for these remaining months, and hope the writers continue giving her development, as well as a great final team.

    I'm sort of getting worried because none of the current revealed episodes are focusing on her and she's running out of time. If the next two revealed episodes don't focus on her in a meaningful way, then I'm gonna enter panic mode.

    I hope the writers aren't gonna ignore the sidekicks now in favor of Plasma.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    it has fins not wings so its not going to "fly"
    It would most likely glide like Cilan's Stunfisk.


    For me Iris is being written out of the show after Unova is over with, which I'm perfectly okay with. Though I do think she should get at least one more Dragon, Horsea and evolving into Kingdra would be great since she would have one air Dragon, one Water Dragon, and one land Dragon. Not like it matters since Misty's didn't do ****.

    Once Episode N is over.(Hopefully she'll have her third Poke by then) she'll probably get a match against Georgia where she loses then a rematch later and win. Then she'll later on rematch Drayden and win.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 1st January 2013 at 11:12 AM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •