Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 213

Thread: Future of Iris

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Kibago has matured. Did you notice how in his battle against Luke, he was running around breathing hard like crazy with him and Iris freaking out because he couldn't do anything against Gobito. Fast forward to BW2 and you remember when he couldn't do anything against Shirona's Gaburias? Well, he and Iris didn't go buck-wild and lose their cool, Kibago got right back up and reassured Iris he could continue to battle. That's maturity, Kibago has matured more than Pochama ever did. Not to mention he's shown to be protective of Zuruggu.

    That being said, I see no reason for Kibago not to evolve soon.
    I agree with you about Kibago/Axew. Definite signs of growth as a Pokemon, but I feel it should evolve eventually.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  2. #127

    Default

    The day Iris can't fit a Fraxure in her hair will be the day she'll leave Ash behind.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Kibago has matured.
    Oh yeah, that's why he ran after a balloon like a kid at the League and ended up getting lost and causing all sorts of drama for Ash and the others. That's such a sign of maturity.

    Axew's development is integral to Iris's character, which I find annoying. It means that no matter how good Iris's other Pokemon are, she'll always be judged because of Axew.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DE Lewes
    Posts
    731

    Default

    I think Iris will accomplish her goal on being a Dragon Master and suit herself as what she is in BW2. And Like Misty from Season 1-5 and May from 6-9 and Dawn from 10-13 Iris will stay in Unova while Ash moves on to the next region where his new friends await!

    My FireRed Champs:


    My HeartGold Team:


    My Black Team:


    My White Team:


    My White 2 Team So Far:


  5. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Oh yeah, that's why he ran after a balloon like a kid at the League and ended up getting lost and causing all sorts of drama for Ash and the others. That's such a sign of maturity.
    Except you're making blanket statements, Kibago's personality is meant to be that of a young Pokemon. That's his personality and how the writers will probably portray him as, so when episodes like these need plots they will probably turn to Kibago being he is essentially meant to have an innocent toddler-like personality. Regardless, that doesn't solely effect the fact that Kibago has shown maturity like facing up to Shirona's Gaburias as well as going against Koharu's Gothimu back during the episode where she was trying to sway Zuruggu into Koharu's ownership. Don't forget he did take charge when they facing up against Sanzandora, Iris ordered him to give the orders, not Doryuzu. So, as much as you may not be fond of Kibago's juvenile personality, ignoring those moments are ignoring independence in that Dragon toddler's character. ;P
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 1st January 2013 at 4:51 AM.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    Iris future in show? Most likely outcome is usual pattern "rinse and repeat"pokemon has followed since 2002. when it comes to main girl. Which consists of replacing girl protagonist halfway unfinished, give her obligatory regional cameo in next generation afterwards ending abandoned never to be seen gain.

    That's pretty bad strategy only depriving show from continuity based storyline erasing its history and identity. Pity too because it defeats series purpose being supposed to be viewed as "coherent story which is about adventurous journey and gradual growth of characters exploring pokeworld "suffering from lack of stable cast which could glue things together and help people associate anime through someone better.

    But to not be only downer, objectively speaking in theory Iris has around 5% to stay, because even that outcome despite all odds isn't completely impossible. And that's mostly because writers also showed unusual pattern of behavior during BW series breaking several strongly established patterns from past. Brock departure, removal of contests, main character catching fully evolved pseudo legendary Dragonite, TR turning in competent, serious villains, being some of them.

    So maybe they decide to break pattern of constant characters replacing too deciding to keep them for one more ride. Unlikely, but not impossible.

    Either way i would take Iris stay over another new female character any day being tired of constant cast cycling never having opportunity to see characters we grew to like being build upon and taken in new directions.
    And if Iris does stay, perhaps this could open gateway toward return of previous fan favorites at some point too with purpose of bringing breath of fresh air and new twist introducing whole new pattern by investing more in someone who prove to be successful taking him forward.
    Which increases fan loyalty and maintain interest toward anime(something other shows often do).

    However as realist answer is leaning more toward no than yes when talking about Iris future in cast with possibility to develop character and its pokemon more diving deeper in his history and characteristics not being on top of list of writers priorities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Yeah, a few...rigggghhtttt. You make it seem like wanting Misty back is a bad thing, it just shows the impact she had on the viewers.
    Agreed. Wanting character you grew to like back only reveals that people care about someone missing dynamic and positive influence they brought being intrigued to see update, more growth from them. Instead of burying them never to be seen again.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default

    someone thinks charizard can be defeated by another dragon hydreigon that toppled Dragonite??

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bryanjuan View Post
    someone thinks charizard can be defeated by another dragon hydreigon that toppled Dragonite??
    I think Charizard could defeat Iris's Dragonite...probably a Hydreigon too

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Evolution equals maturity.
    True but I was hoping that Axew would be less of a gag and punching bag before it evolve. I felt that lately evolutions are means to excape flaws and reality and instead of trainers learning to deal with them directly.

    My ideal battle ever!

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Iris' vagina
    Posts
    105

    Default

    I would have liked to have seen Iris collect badges and compete in the league, along with Ash. Ash could have been like her mentor and the writers could have made Trip Iris' rival.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Iris collecting badges would be a bad idea. And if Trip was Iris's rival, who would be Ash?



    Never fear, N is here!

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Iris' vagina
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N... View Post
    Iris collecting badges would be a bad idea. And if Trip was Iris's rival, who would be Ash?
    An experienced trainer. Maybe then people wouldn't have raged when Ash lost to his rival. e_e

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    I don't think she would have to collect badges if she's the Gym Leader. I know this only happened in the games, but Volkner wanted to challenge the Elite 4 and he didn't even mention that he owned any of the badges. So, maybe Gym Leaders can go without them. :/

    inb4 anime =/= games.

  14. #139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    I think Iris will accomplish her goal on being a Dragon Master and suit herself as what she is in BW2. And Like Misty from Season 1-5 and May from 6-9 and Dawn from 10-13 Iris will stay in Unova while Ash moves on to the next region where his new friends await!
    No one gets to accomplish goals in this series, shey'll just get a step closer to it like Dawn did with nearly winning the Grand Festival I think.

    I wonder if the next series Ash will travel with the next actual main female character not a random side character like Iris?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    No one gets to accomplish goals in this series, shey'll just get a step closer to it like Dawn did with nearly winning the Grand Festival I think.

    I wonder if the next series Ash will travel with the next actual main female character not a random side character like Iris?
    Tracy did meet his "goal" of being free labor for Oak so that counts for something.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Tracy did meet his "goal" of being free labor for Oak so that counts for something.
    Where does Tracey even sleep? I think Oak should be accused of child labour and pedophilia

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N... View Post
    Iris collecting badges would be a bad idea. And if Trip was Iris's rival, who would be Ash?
    No. It would be a bad idea. And Trip wouldn't be Iris's rival, Georgia still would.

    My ideal battle ever!

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    No. It would be a bad idea. And Trip wouldn't be Iris's rival, Georgia still would.
    A.F.K posted above N... That Trip would be Iris's rival. He was just replying with out quoting him.

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Where does Tracey even sleep? I think Oak should be accused of child labour and pedophilia
    Maybe with Ash's mom? I mean she does have the room since Ash is always out.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 6th January 2013 at 5:55 PM.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Maybe with Ash's mom? I mean she does have the room
    Forum Users like us are turning this cartoon/anime into a pedo cartoon/anime. I don't even want to know what happens behind the cameras... lol

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    I hope Iris catches a 6th Gen Pokemon before/if she leaves the cast it was disappointing to that Dawn didn't catch a Unova Pokemon to bring back with her to wherever she was going

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Not sure what keeping either or both Iris and Cilan would accomplish. I love them both, but it feels like they've run their course already. I'd rather they go out with dignity rather than remain on the show to rot away like Brock eventually did.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Not sure what keeping either or both Iris and Cilan would accomplish. I love them both, but it feels like they've run their course already. I'd rather they go out with dignity rather than remain on the show to rot away like Brock eventually did.
    I don't think Brock can be used as credible source through which other character fate can be determined.
    If they received more focus, battled more and had incomparably more development, there is no reason why that would suddenly change being demoted to focus Brock received.
    Each character performs different role, has different story, different goals established around himself and purpose. Therefore how much focus he is going to receive if he stays is determined through how active and flexible his story and traits which define him are.

    Imo it would be alot more fresh for change to follow story of already somewhat developed character going on bigger things, and see in what new exciting directions writers can take them. With older friends we can see them evolve and grow as persons more, with interaction changing and going to different level. Which would be more interesting and refreshing to see for a change, since with new characters there doesn't exist background, established relationships and groundwork to expand upon and inject more subtle changes to their story.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    I don't think Brock can be used as credible source through which other character fate can be determined.
    If they received more focus, battled more and had incomparably more development, there is no reason why that would suddenly change being demoted to focus Brock received.
    Each character performs different role, has different story, different goals established around himself and purpose. Therefore how much focus he is going to receive if he stays is determined through how active and flexible his story and traits which define him are.

    Imo it would be alot more fresh for change to follow story of already somewhat developed character going on bigger things, and see in what new exciting directions writers can take them. With older friends we can see them evolve and grow as persons more, with interaction changing and going to different level. Which would be more interesting and refreshing to see for a change, since with new characters there doesn't exist background, established relationships and groundwork to expand upon and inject more subtle changes to their story.
    I think it's already been confirmed that they will never bring back old characters in the main role again. There was an interview with Masamitsu Hidaka who directed up until Battle Frontier who flat out said Misty won't return to main character status again and that she will only appear in tournaments or other short arcs from now on. This probably applies to the other characters as well.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I think it's already been confirmed that they will never bring back old characters in the main role again. There was an interview with Masamitsu Hidaka who directed up until Battle Frontier who flat out said Misty won't return to main character status again and that she will only appear in tournaments or other short arcs from now on. This probably applies to the other characters as well.
    hope so
    i want ash make a new friend

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •