Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Future of Iris

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I think it's already been confirmed that they will never bring back old characters in the main role again. There was an interview with Masamitsu Hidaka who directed up until Battle Frontier who flat out said Misty won't return to main character status again and that she will only appear in tournaments or other short arcs from now on. This probably applies to the other characters as well.
    Thank you for giving us confirmation of that. I still don't think he will listen, but thanks anyway.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I think it's already been confirmed that they will never bring back old characters in the main role again. There was an interview with Masamitsu Hidaka who directed up until Battle Frontier who flat out said Misty won't return to main character status again and that she will only appear in tournaments or other short arcs from now on. This probably applies to the other characters as well.
    I think Dawn would be the only character with the potential to come back as Piplup is a money maker

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    I think Dawn would be the only character with the potential to come back as Piplup is a money maker
    Little Known Fact: Piplup secretly controls all of Dawn's actions through mind control

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Little Known Fact: Piplup secretly controls all of Dawn's actions through mind control
    I actually wouldn't doubt that haha

Iris evolve Axew and catch Bagon would be most appealing for me

Never fear, N is here!

Iris has almost played her course, that much is for certain. The things that I can see happening is Axew evolving once, and perhaps having a bit of an interest in N due to his 'understanding' of pokemon, and her 'understanding dragons', which of course leads to Reshiram, Zekrom, etc, since she was looking for it at the beginning of this series anyway.

Aside from Episode N related plot, I can see her having one or two more battles with Georgia to finish that up, as of the last time, Georgia may have been defeated, but hasn't acknowledged the win yet.

So yeah, those two things are likely, with the evolving Axew thing being an extra bonus if it happened.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Iris has the most developed character in the entire Unova run. It makes me wonder why the hell there's a ten year-old running around doing some idiotic mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Iris has the most developed character in the entire Unova run. It makes me wonder why the hell there's a ten year-old running around doing some idiotic mistakes.
    What development has Iris gone through? I'm being serious here too.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    What development has Iris gone through? I'm being serious here too.
    - Started of as a girl with an Axew unable to battle properly and disobeying Excadrill.
    - Character development happened for Iris when she apologized to Excadrill, admitted her mistakes.
    - Progressed as a trainer who loves dragon types, helping out most dragon types she met on her journey.
    - Realized that ice types aren't as bad as she thought they were.
    - Remained persistent over Dragonite's disobedience eventually managing to gain his trust.
    - Battled Drayden, lost, but showed improvement in her skills.

And not to mention that her Axew is capable to battle properly now. So yeah, in contrast to her old self, she has come a far away.

Not to mention that Iris/Georgia is the only rivalry I actually like in Best Wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    - Started of as a girl with an Axew unable to battle properly and disobeying Excadrill.
    - Character development happened for Iris when she apologized to Excadrill, admitted her mistakes.
    - Progressed as a trainer who loves dragon types, helping out most dragon types she met on her journey.
    - Realized that ice types aren't as bad as she thought they were.
    - Remained persistent over Dragonite's disobedience eventually managing to gain his trust.
    - Battled Drayden, lost, but showed improvement in her skills.

And not to mention that her Axew is capable to battle properly now. So yeah, in contrast to her old self, she has come a far away.

Not to mention that Iris/Georgia is the only rivalry I actually like in Best Wishes.
    This exactly. Why does Cyber argue with everyone. Does he even watch this show

Seems like the writers have run out of things to do with Iris. We'll probably see Dragonite battle in the N arc but that's all.

Seems like the writers have run out of things to do with Iris. We'll probably see Dragonite battle in the N arc but that's all.
    Every one is in the same boat this arc, Ash is done collecting badges and the league is over, Dento is being DentoXD Its all about defeating N/Team Plasma at this point, they all will hopefully get some good moments before the series ends.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Every one is in the same boat this arc, Ash is done collecting badges and the league is over, Dento is being DentoXD Its all about defeating N/Team Plasma at this point, they all will hopefully get some good moments before the series ends.
    Getting a vibe that tells me there's going to be another tourney arc.

If there is hopefully it gives everone of the rivals who were screwed over some decent closure. I'm sure Iris will get her closure in her final episode. I have a feeling that the last episode will be another chapter in the Axew Gets Lost Chronicles.

You'd think so, right?

No way could an entire arc be about Ash V.S N/Team Plasma HA.

Oh No J Ken, you mean there going to pull a Dawn/Pipulp on us again?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

If Iris was the leave, I expect it may be shortly after her Axew evolves. But what are the chances of Axew evolving?
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    If Iris was the leave, I expect it may be shortly after her Axew evolves. But what are the chances of Axew evolving?
    near the end of the series I'd say pretty good.

The thing wants to evolve and if iris leaves the show they wouldn't have to worry about animating fraxure wondering around

If they REALLY are trying to emulate Kanto, chances are Iris and Cilan will follow Ash to the new region...

From the ending I think we saw Ash/Cilan holding bags while Iris is only holding one. Seems Iris could be done this saga?
    Let there be rock

My teams

1. Charizard, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Dragonite, Snorlax and Arcanine

2 Typhlosion, Houndoom, Scisor, Tyranitar, Umbreon and Espeon

3. Sceptile, Salamence, Absol, Flygon, Metagross and Milotic

4 Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp, Electivire, Lucario and Toxicroak

5. Samurott, Zoroark, Braviary, Krookodile, Hydreigon and Eelektross

white fc : 1592 - 4330 - 4426

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai619 View Post
    From the ending I think we saw Ash/Cilan holding bags while Iris is only holding one. Seems Iris could be done this saga?
    ....That was her shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    ....That was her shopping.
    Character development right there.

I think she will become the leader and in late Gen VI / Gen VII she will make a cameo as the champion.

That's my biggest fear right now. I mean how could they run out of things? How about raising another dragon? The writers are morons if they couldn't think of that.

There's probably not much time. Her story ended with the Drayden arc, now she's just pretty much around till the gen ends. Its very similar to how May and Dawn had no more purpose after the Grand Festivals ended, but just stuck around to watch what Ash was doing till the gen ended.

There's probably not much time. Her story ended with the Drayden arc, now she's just pretty much around till the gen ends. Its very similar to how May and Dawn had no more purpose after the Grand Festivals ended, but just stuck around to watch what Ash was doing till the gen ended.
    8 months and they have no time? That's BS. They have time, they just rather focus on Plasma than the sidekicks.

Misty, May, and Dawn finished with mostly developed teams. Each had at least 6 pokemon and the writers are gonna leave Iris with just 4 (2 of which aren't even dragons)? That's just not being fair to her character.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast