Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 213

Thread: Future of Iris

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I think it's already been confirmed that they will never bring back old characters in the main role again. There was an interview with Masamitsu Hidaka who directed up until Battle Frontier who flat out said Misty won't return to main character status again and that she will only appear in tournaments or other short arcs from now on. This probably applies to the other characters as well.
    Thank you for giving us confirmation of that. I still don't think he will listen, but thanks anyway.

    My ideal battle ever!

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I think it's already been confirmed that they will never bring back old characters in the main role again. There was an interview with Masamitsu Hidaka who directed up until Battle Frontier who flat out said Misty won't return to main character status again and that she will only appear in tournaments or other short arcs from now on. This probably applies to the other characters as well.
    I think Dawn would be the only character with the potential to come back as Piplup is a money maker

  3. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    I think Dawn would be the only character with the potential to come back as Piplup is a money maker
    Little Known Fact: Piplup secretly controls all of Dawn's actions through mind control

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Little Known Fact: Piplup secretly controls all of Dawn's actions through mind control
    I actually wouldn't doubt that haha

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Iris evolve Axew and catch Bagon would be most appealing for me



    Never fear, N is here!

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Iris has almost played her course, that much is for certain. The things that I can see happening is Axew evolving once, and perhaps having a bit of an interest in N due to his 'understanding' of pokemon, and her 'understanding dragons', which of course leads to Reshiram, Zekrom, etc, since she was looking for it at the beginning of this series anyway.

    Aside from Episode N related plot, I can see her having one or two more battles with Georgia to finish that up, as of the last time, Georgia may have been defeated, but hasn't acknowledged the win yet.

    So yeah, those two things are likely, with the evolving Axew thing being an extra bonus if it happened.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  7. #157

    Default

    Iris has the most developed character in the entire Unova run. It makes me wonder why the hell there's a ten year-old running around doing some idiotic mistakes.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Iris has the most developed character in the entire Unova run. It makes me wonder why the hell there's a ten year-old running around doing some idiotic mistakes.
    What development has Iris gone through? I'm being serious here too.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    What development has Iris gone through? I'm being serious here too.
    - Started of as a girl with an Axew unable to battle properly and disobeying Excadrill.
    - Character development happened for Iris when she apologized to Excadrill, admitted her mistakes.
    - Progressed as a trainer who loves dragon types, helping out most dragon types she met on her journey.
    - Realized that ice types aren't as bad as she thought they were.
    - Remained persistent over Dragonite's disobedience eventually managing to gain his trust.
    - Battled Drayden, lost, but showed improvement in her skills.

    And not to mention that her Axew is capable to battle properly now. So yeah, in contrast to her old self, she has come a far away.

    Not to mention that Iris/Georgia is the only rivalry I actually like in Best Wishes.


  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    - Started of as a girl with an Axew unable to battle properly and disobeying Excadrill.
    - Character development happened for Iris when she apologized to Excadrill, admitted her mistakes.
    - Progressed as a trainer who loves dragon types, helping out most dragon types she met on her journey.
    - Realized that ice types aren't as bad as she thought they were.
    - Remained persistent over Dragonite's disobedience eventually managing to gain his trust.
    - Battled Drayden, lost, but showed improvement in her skills.

    And not to mention that her Axew is capable to battle properly now. So yeah, in contrast to her old self, she has come a far away.

    Not to mention that Iris/Georgia is the only rivalry I actually like in Best Wishes.
    This exactly. Why does Cyber argue with everyone. Does he even watch this show

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,001

    Default

    Seems like the writers have run out of things to do with Iris. We'll probably see Dragonite battle in the N arc but that's all.

  12. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Seems like the writers have run out of things to do with Iris. We'll probably see Dragonite battle in the N arc but that's all.
    Every one is in the same boat this arc, Ash is done collecting badges and the league is over, Dento is being DentoXD Its all about defeating N/Team Plasma at this point, they all will hopefully get some good moments before the series ends.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  13. #163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Every one is in the same boat this arc, Ash is done collecting badges and the league is over, Dento is being DentoXD Its all about defeating N/Team Plasma at this point, they all will hopefully get some good moments before the series ends.
    Getting a vibe that tells me there's going to be another tourney arc.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Getting a vibe that tells me there's going to be another tourney arc.
    If there is hopefully it gives everone of the rivals who were screwed over some decent closure. I'm sure Iris will get her closure in her final episode. I have a feeling that the last episode will be another chapter in the Axew Gets Lost Chronicles.

  15. #165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Getting a vibe that tells me there's going to be another tourney arc.
    You'd think so, right?

    No way could an entire arc be about Ash V.S N/Team Plasma HA.

    Oh No J Ken, you mean there going to pull a Dawn/Pipulp on us again?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    If Iris was the leave, I expect it may be shortly after her Axew evolves. But what are the chances of Axew evolving?
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

    My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    If Iris was the leave, I expect it may be shortly after her Axew evolves. But what are the chances of Axew evolving?
    near the end of the series I'd say pretty good.

    The thing wants to evolve and if iris leaves the show they wouldn't have to worry about animating fraxure wondering around

  18. #168

    Default

    If they REALLY are trying to emulate Kanto, chances are Iris and Cilan will follow Ash to the new region...

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    From the ending I think we saw Ash/Cilan holding bags while Iris is only holding one. Seems Iris could be done this saga?
    Let there be rock

    My teams

    1. Charizard, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Dragonite, Snorlax and Arcanine

    2 Typhlosion, Houndoom, Scisor, Tyranitar, Umbreon and Espeon

    3. Sceptile, Salamence, Absol, Flygon, Metagross and Milotic

    4 Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp, Electivire, Lucario and Toxicroak

    5. Samurott, Zoroark, Braviary, Krookodile, Hydreigon and Eelektross

    white fc : 1592 - 4330 - 4426

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai619 View Post
    From the ending I think we saw Ash/Cilan holding bags while Iris is only holding one. Seems Iris could be done this saga?
    ....That was her shopping.

  21. #171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    ....That was her shopping.
    Character development right there.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I think she will become the leader and in late Gen VI / Gen VII she will make a cameo as the champion.


  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Seems like the writers have run out of things to do with Iris. We'll probably see Dragonite battle in the N arc but that's all.
    That's my biggest fear right now. I mean how could they run out of things? How about raising another dragon? The writers are morons if they couldn't think of that.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,001

    Default

    There's probably not much time. Her story ended with the Drayden arc, now she's just pretty much around till the gen ends. Its very similar to how May and Dawn had no more purpose after the Grand Festivals ended, but just stuck around to watch what Ash was doing till the gen ended.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    There's probably not much time. Her story ended with the Drayden arc, now she's just pretty much around till the gen ends. Its very similar to how May and Dawn had no more purpose after the Grand Festivals ended, but just stuck around to watch what Ash was doing till the gen ended.
    8 months and they have no time? That's BS. They have time, they just rather focus on Plasma than the sidekicks.

    Misty, May, and Dawn finished with mostly developed teams. Each had at least 6 pokemon and the writers are gonna leave Iris with just 4 (2 of which aren't even dragons)? That's just not being fair to her character.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •