Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Future of Iris

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    8 months and they have no time? That's BS. They have time, they just rather focus on Plasma than the sidekicks.

Misty, May, and Dawn finished with mostly developed teams. Each had at least 6 pokemon and the writers are gonna leave Iris with just 4 (2 of which aren't even dragons)? That's just not being fair to her character.
    She's a supporting character like AG/DP Brock and Cilan...they only had 3 Pokemon each. You have to remember the only reason Misty/Brock had full teams in Johto is because they didn't leave behind their old Pokemon during the Kanto to Johto transition. If that saga was written the way it was now than I bet you Misty/Brock would have no more than 4 pokemon each in Johto.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    She's a supporting character like AG/DP Brock and Cilan...they only had 3 Pokemon each. You have to remember the only reason Misty/Brock had full teams in Johto is because they didn't leave behind their old Pokemon during the Kanto to Johto transition. If that saga was written the way it was now than I bet you Misty/Brock would have no more than 4 pokemon each in Johto.
    Yes she's supporting but Brock and Misty had more than 6 pokemon each. I believe Misty has 10 and Brock has 9.

Iris and Cilan are currently in Tracey territory, having less than 6 each.

It's weird because Misty wanted to be a water pokemon master and she owned 10 water types. Iris wants to be a dragon master but the writers only give her 2? That's just wrong on paper.

Yes she's supporting but Brock and Misty had more than 6 pokemon each. I believe Misty has 10 and Brock has 9.

Iris and Cilan are currently in Tracey territory, having less than 6 each.

It's weird because Misty wanted to be a water pokemon master and she owned 10 water types. Iris wants to be a dragon master but the writers only give her 2? That's just wrong on paper.
    Most of Misty's extra pokemon are just from the Gym though. She went the entire span of Johto only capturing ONE Pokemon, which was Corsola. Can you imagine going an entire gen with just one capture?

Iris at least got 3 after Axew.

Most of Misty's extra pokemon are just from the Gym though. She went the entire span of Johto only capturing ONE Pokemon, which was Corsola. Can you imagine going an entire gen with just one capture?

Misty still had;
    Starmie
    Staryu
    Goldeen
    Psyduck
    Politoad
    Corsola

She still had 6.

Oh yeah Horsea! 7

But Misty was never short on water pokemon, which is my point. She always had plenty But that's not the case with Iris. The writers are morons to leave an aspiring dragon master with just 2 dragons. 3 would be a nice decent number but we don't see any signs of a third dragon for Iris. If their were signs, I probably wouldn't be complaining right now.

Aside from number of pokemon, it also looks like neither Cilan or Iris are gonna seek the joys of having a pokemon egg.

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Misty still had;
    Starmie
    Staryu
    Goldeen
    Psyduck
    Politoad
    Corsola

She still had 6.

Oh yeah Horsea! 7
    You're forgetting Azurill and Gyarados.

At this point, Iris just REALLY needs to use Axew more. So it's more than just a hair accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    At this point, Iris just REALLY needs to use Axew more. So it's more than just a hair accessory.
    Axew seems to be a lost cause. If the writers wanted to use the thing, they probably would have by now.

You're forgetting Azurill and Gyarados.
    Did she capture Azurill and Gyarados on screen during Johto or Hoenn or was that Chronicals. I was referring to captures she made while travelling with Ash plus Azurill is only a normal type

Did she capture Azurill and Gyarados on screen during Johto or Hoenn or was that Chronicals. I was referring to captures she made while travelling with Ash plus Azurill is only a normal type
    Well I'm talking about the total and yeah, I know Azurill is normal but what it evolves into is water.

Well I'm talking about the total and yeah, I know Azurill is normal but what it evolves into is water.
    Cyber mentioned Pokemon in the Gym so Gyarados wouldn't count. Azurill still wouldn't count and wouldn't likely evolve since it kind of replaced Togepi as Misty's baby Pokemon

Cyber mentioned Pokemon in the Gym so Gyarados wouldn't count. Azurill still wouldn't count and wouldn't likely evolve since it kind of replaced Togepi as Misty's baby Pokemon
    Gyarados belongs to Misty. That's why she used it when she returned for her AG cameo.

Gyarados belongs to Misty. That's why she used it when she returned for her AG cameo.
    It belongs to her Gym. All the Pokemon I listed she either had when she debuted or caught when she travelled with Ash. The total was still over 6 so relax.

It belongs to her Gym. All the Pokemon I listed she either had when she debuted or caught when she travelled with Ash. The total was still over 6 so relax.
    Doesn't matter. It was clear as glass that Gyarados belonged to her when she used it in her AG return. Why would she be carrying around Gyarados's pokeball if it didn't belong to her?

Doesn't matter. It was clear as glass that Gyarados belonged to her when she used it in her AG return. Why would she be carrying around Gyarados's pokeball if it didn't belong to her?
    Because she's a Gym Leader and Gyarados belongs to her Gym.

Which means it belongs to her.

Which means it belongs to her.
    No her Gym. Brock captured a bunch of Pokemon and leaves them at his Gym for his brother to use so your point is invalid.

No her Gym. Brock captured a bunch of Pokemon and leaves them at his Gym for his brother to use so your point is invalid.
    Because they are family. Brock wouldn't let strangers use his pokemon. Your point is invalid.

Because they are family. Brock wouldn't let strangers use his pokemon. Your point is invalid.
    And who else worked at Misty's Gym... Her sisters! Family. For all we know they caught Gyarados since Misty is terrified of them she wouldn't catch one on her own and by working with Gyarados she overcame her fear of them. It's the same way the other Gym pokemon could be used by Misty too. You mad bro?

And who else worked at Misty's Gym... Her sisters! Family. For all we know they caught Gyarados since Misty is terrified of them she wouldn't catch one on her own and by working with Gyarados she overcame her fear of them. It's the same way the other Gym pokemon could be used by Misty too. You mad bro?
    Misty's sisters catching a Gyarados? You're funny. The likely scenario is that Misty's sisters ordered for some water pokemon to be caught and then sent to their gym. They were then surprised that a Gyarados of all things was sent to them. Then Misty returned to the gym and formed a bond with it.

You're pretty much saying that Gyarados would listen to anyone who is the Cerulean gym leader, which is false since it formed a bond with Misty and wouldn't listen to anyone else beforehand.

Misty's sisters catching a Gyarados? You're funny. The likely scenario is that Misty's sisters ordered for some water pokemon to be caught and then sent to their gym. They were then surprised that a Gyarados of all things was sent to them. Then Misty returned to the gym and formed a bond with it.

You're pretty much saying that Gyarados would listen to anyone who is the Cerulean gym leader, which is false since it formed a bond with Misty and wouldn't listen to anyone else beforehand.
    Plot power for the win! Since Gyarados came from the Gym the only likely scenerio is that the sisters caught it. You making up a scenerio like that doesn't win you this argument. James owned a Gyarados technically since he didn't release it the traditional way and do you think it would listen to him either? Gyarados should listen to anyone who is the Gym Leader yes because that's what a Gym Pokemon does. Since Misty will likely stay the Gym Leader permantly anyway why does this even matter lol you can capture a Pokemon without earning its trust remember Primeape?

Off track guys, Gyarados has nothing to do with Iris lol.

As for Iris, I think she catches a full team before leaving. I mean Dawn had 7 pokemon in DP (1 released) so wynaut?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

There's probably not much time. Her story ended with the Drayden arc, now she's just pretty much around till the gen ends. Its very similar to how May and Dawn had no more purpose after the Grand Festivals ended, but just stuck around to watch what Ash was doing till the gen ended.
    To be fair new generation wont begin until end of 2013, so we still have couple of months left to do something more with Iris character and her pokemon team. Encounter with Drayden and rematch can be annotated as closure to part of her story, but there still exists other things like her dragon goal, Axew , learning how to better synchronize with pokemon like Dragonite creating stronger bond on which writers could focus.

Its not like writers couldn't do continuation from where they stopped given how there are left at least 7 to 8 months before this generation ends.

Azurill still wouldn't count and wouldn't likely evolve since it kind of replaced Togepi as Misty's baby Pokemon
    Given how much time passed from last time we saw Misty Azurill could likely evolve in meantime, and im not sure if Azurill was intended to serve as another baby pokemon. We only saw it in Misty last cameo hatching from egg shortly before that, and already than unlike Togepi it was perfectly capable of battling using water gun, bubble or refresh.

Not to mention if Mastermind 10th anniversary special was something to go by Misty didn't took Azurill with her using only Staryu and Gyarados.

Not really. From moment Misty risked her life to save him earning Gyarados thrust and respect, it became her pokemon. From than and onwards it was made pretty clear how Gyarados listen only to Misty being only one which trains it as evidenced in AG cameo pointing out how she taught him flamethrower.
    Prior to that it didn't listen to anyone, including sisters.

He is also used with her whenever she leaves gym (like when releasing Togetic or in Mastermind special) being treated as her pokemon just like Corsola, Staryu and others she takes outside of gym. Otherwise she would taken Dewgong, Shelder and others too but i don't think she can since they don't belong to her being listed in bulbapedia as pokemon which belong to Cerulean gym. While Gyarados on other hand is listed as Misty's pokemon.

From Cerulean Blues and onwards its safe to say how Misty acquired Gyarados through befriending him deciding to become hers. More than we can say for other gym pokemon .

Since Misty will likely stay the Gym Leader permantly anyway why does this even matter lol you can capture a Pokemon without earning its trust remember Primeape?
    When taking in account how her goal was to become water master, that's questionable. Since i could see her following Wallace footsteps at some point going on journey to improve skills and become strongest water trainer in world, or try to live up to idol Lorelei.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 18th January 2013 at 8:30 AM.

The problem with Iris is that dragon types are rare and considered powerful while Water types are abundant and vary in power. So I can see them giving Iris one more dragon type and sending her off like that. Unova only has three native dragon lines so that limits her choices so they had to bring in Dragonite. I can see why they didn't fill her team so I think she'll leave with 5.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    As for Iris, I think she catches a full team before leaving. I mean Dawn had 7 pokemon in DP (1 released) so wynaut?
    Because what's the point of giving her two more pokemon when there's not going to be time to develop them properly.

Let Cilan get a capture to make them even and leave it at that.

She doesn't need a full team.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    To be fair new generation wont begin until end of 2013, so we still have couple of months left to do something more with Iris character and her pokemon team. Encounter with Drayden and rematch can be annotated as closure to part of her story, but there still exists other things like her dragon goal, Axew , learning how to better synchronize with pokemon like Dragonite creating stronger bond on which writers could focus.

Its not like writers couldn't do continuation from where they stopped given how there are left at least 7 to 8 months before this generation ends.

Given how much time passed from last time we saw Misty Azurill could likely evolve in meantime, and im not sure if Azurill was intended to serve as another baby pokemon. We only saw it in Misty last cameo hatching from egg shortly before that, and already than unlike Togepi it was perfectly capable of battling using water gun, bubble or refresh.

Not to mention if Mastermind 10th anniversary special was something to go by Misty didn't took Azurill with her using only Staryu and Gyarados.

Not really. From moment Misty risked her life to save him earning Gyarados thrust and respect, it became her pokemon. From than and onwards it was made pretty clear how Gyarados listen only to Misty being only one which trains it as evidenced in AG cameo pointing out how she taught him flamethrower.
    Prior to that it didn't listen to anyone, including sisters.

He is also used with her whenever she leaves gym (like when releasing Togetic or in Mastermind special) being treated as her pokemon just like Corsola, Staryu and others she takes outside of gym. Otherwise she would taken Dewgong, Shelder and others too but i don't think she can since they don't belong to her being listed in bulbapedia as pokemon which belong to Cerulean gym. While Gyarados on other hand is listed as Misty's pokemon.

From Cerulean Blues and onwards its safe to say how Misty acquired Gyarados through befriending him deciding to become hers. More than we can say for other gym pokemon .

When taking in account how her goal was to become water master, that's questionable. Since i could see her following Wallace footsteps at some point going on journey to improve skills and become strongest water trainer in world, or try to live up to idol Lorelei.
    First of all this was between me and HGH so you don't really need to stick in your nose when its not needed. Azurill still doesn't count as I pointed out before it is a Normal Pokemon. We can't judge anything based on IF Misty returns blah blah blah. We can only judge on what we have seen so far its likely she might never even return. Gaining a Pokemon's trust doesn't mean you're its OT thats ********. It's a Gym Pokemon and Misty is a Gym Leader end-of-story. She has a bond with Gyarados thats why she uses it outside of the Gym plus shes the Leader she can do whatever she wants. Misty could do a lot of things but since she's likely to not appear again she could of been eaten by man eating sharks for all we know.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast