Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: And if unbuyable items start being sold (Ether)? Would you like? Why? Why not?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    786

    Question And if unbuyable items start being sold (Ether)? Would you like? Why? Why not?

    Rare Candy and Ether are some of items that you cannot buy in the any game. They're quite precious and useful, though. As they aren't sold in any place, you have to think twice before using one. I would use my Ether usually in Elite Four, and in at the first time only. The Rare Candies I usually don't need, but in that case, I would use a Rare Candy if get stuck at an in-game battle (rival, gym leader, for example). The saddest part on using an unbuyable item is that you won't use another further when run out of them as they're limited. They'll be gone forever... So, here comes the question of the thread:

    Would you like if some unbuyable items start to be available in shops? Which items could went on sale and which could still be limited? Why??? Do you think that if they went on sale, the game will become easier? It doesn't need to be in every blue-roof Market, but in special and unique shops, like the herbs. Also, I used Rare Candy and Ether as example, but you can mention other unbuyable items like Elixir, Old Gateau and White Herb.

    Also, don't say that Pickup ability solves que Rare Candy issue. The chances of a Pokemon picking up a Rare Candy are extremely low to provide Rare Candies often.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Rare Candies shouldn't be sold because it makes leveling up too easy.

    I do think that Ether and all its variations should be sold, though, it's really annoying if you're out training or clearing a long dungeon and you're pretty much forced to return to a healing spot because you ran out of PP.

    Also, PP Up should be sold as well. If you can buy Iron, Calcium, Carbos, HP Up and all that stuff there's no reason why you can't buy PP Up as well. Especially when you already have PP Max as a rare, unsellable item.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No Where
    Posts
    95

    Default

    I would like all those items to be sold in pokestores because,

    First off, like you said they aren't infinite. And with the pickup ability, it's extremely low to find one. And if they started selling them at the stores it would solve all the problems.

    Second off, They would have to be at a really high price so you would like buy 500 of them at a time.

    Third, those items are rare for a reason, so they should only be available at some of the stores. If they were at all of the stores throughout the game, you would just be able to go into any of them and but them in like a crazy shopping spree.

    And that's why I thought you should be able to buy them.

    But, in other words they shouldn't be sold because it would be way to easy to level up your Pokemon through out the game.

    So, it can go either way.



    Omega - 1/1/13


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,008

    Default

    We should be able to buy a limited amount of ethers and elixirs. Maybe a few per badge or something like that.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    *points to Join Avenue, where all of those things, or at least many things with the same properties, are for sale*
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

    Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,747

    Default

    You already can buy ethers and PP Ups in B/W 2 from Join Avenue, just once a day.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,903

    Default

    PP Up can be bought via Join Avenue
    Ethers can be bought via Join Avenue or found in the Dream World
    Old Gateau can be bought via Join Avenue (even though in BW/2 its best usage is to sell to the maniac)
    Rare Candy is buyable at Battle Subway/PWT, found in the Dream World, or farmed from Sports Dome Breeders in BW2
    White Herb is buyable at Battle Subway/PWT, just like most of the one-off hold items
    Elixirs can be found in the Dream World

    The point of making the items unable to be purchased in normal shops is to make these other methods of obtaining them worthwhile. None of them are really necessary to the quest, so what's the harm?

    The only items I'd like to see introduced to shops, probably shopping malls, would be PP Up/PP Max (for 14,400 and 43,200 yen, respectively; 50% more than the other steroids, so it's a fair price), because they're a pain to get in large quantities in Gen V, and elemental Stones (Fire, Water, Thunder, Leaf, for 2100 yen, their original price), since they were available for purchase in RBGYFRLG, and there's an even greater need for them in Gen V, what with all the new Pokemon that evolve with them, especially Water and Leaf.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    I'm here but not all there
    Posts
    263

    Default

    I say nay, for the simple fact that with enough time, you could be level 100 before Brock w/o any training. Well, I'd like to be able to buy Ethers, since I can buy Potions... But Rare Candies are kinda cheap; you don't get as many IVs/EVs, so why bother? I only use them if I need an HM slave to evolve or right before the E4.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nowwhere and everywhere
    Posts
    942

    Default

    I would say a definite no to Rare Candies, cheapens things up to much.

    That said, it would be nice to be able to buy Ether and the like, since it is really annoying to have to defeat 100 pokemon to EV train early on, and only have 40-50 PP. Just make things easier.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

    The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

    Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    454

    Default

    There's no reason, considering they're already available through other means.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdrawer View Post
    I say nay, for the simple fact that with enough time, you could be level 100 before Brock w/o any training. Well, I'd like to be able to buy Ethers, since I can buy Potions... But Rare Candies are kinda cheap; you don't get as many IVs/EVs, so why bother? I only use them if I need an HM slave to evolve or right before the E4.
    You obviously know nothing about competetive and just heard someone else say that.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

    William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns


    I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

    Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl


    And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

    Images removed for making the signature too tall.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    786

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Rare Candies shouldn't be sold because it makes leveling up too easy.

    I do think that Ether and all its variations should be sold, though, it's really annoying if you're out training or clearing a long dungeon and you're pretty much forced to return to a healing spot because you ran out of PP.

    Also, PP Up should be sold as well. If you can buy Iron, Calcium, Carbos, HP Up and all that stuff there's no reason why you can't buy PP Up as well. Especially when you already have PP Max as a rare, unsellable item.
    Rare Candies help the Pokemon level up, but don't help the Pokemon with the EV's. If the trainer forgets to trainer the Pokemon on the usual way (against other Pokemons), he/she will have a high Level Pokemon with low stats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstrike18 View Post
    They would have to be at a really high price so you would like buy 500 of them at a time.

    Third, those items are rare for a reason, so they should only be available at some of the stores. If they were at all of the stores throughout the game, you would just be able to go into any of them and but them in like a crazy shopping spree.
    Yes, to maintain the difficult of the game Rare Candies should be very expensive. Therefore, you couldn't buy 500 at once, as you said. A fair price could be around $20,000 in my viewpoint. Oh, could you pay all that for just a candy? >.<

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    You already can buy ethers and PP Ups in B/W 2 from Join Avenue, just once a day.
    I have started to play Black 2 recently, so I didn't know that some of the unbuyable items have become buyable. However, it seems it was put a barrier to buy them (just once a day, as you said). This is probably to prevent players to acquire high ammounts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    The only items I'd like to see introduced to shops, probably shopping malls, would be PP Up/PP Max (for 14,400 and 43,200 yen, respectively; 50% more than the other steroids, so it's a fair price), because they're a pain to get in large quantities in Gen V, and elemental Stones (Fire, Water, Thunder, Leaf, for 2100 yen, their original price), since they were available for purchase in RBGYFRLG, and there's an even greater need for them in Gen V, what with all the new Pokemon that evolve with them, especially Water and Leaf.
    PP Up/PP Max are good suggestion. It is expected that they should be rather expensive because of their effect.

    And about the elemental stones, I agree with you. Hope they come back for sales again soon.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,747

    Default

    The value of Rare Candy has diminished considerably thanks to the level up services at Join Avenue (Which cost 4500 per level at max discount), the breeder in the sports domes giving you one every single time you battle them (Which can be repeated indefinitely), and the massive amounts of EXP you can obtain from the Chansey and Blissey in White Treehollow.

    PP ups have also gotten even more common due to being able to receive four Star Pieces whenever you film a movie with maximum earnings at Pokestar Studios.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstrike18 View Post
    But, in other words they shouldn't be sold because it would be way to easy to level up your Pokemon through out the game.

    So, it can go either way.
    You balance that by making them rare or expensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    PP Up can be bought via Join Avenue
    Ethers can be bought via Join Avenue or found in the Dream World
    Old Gateau can be bought via Join Avenue (even though in BW/2 its best usage is to sell to the maniac)
    Rare Candy is buyable at Battle Subway/PWT, found in the Dream World, or farmed from Sports Dome Breeders in BW2
    White Herb is buyable at Battle Subway/PWT, just like most of the one-off hold items
    Elixirs can be found in the Dream World
    I never really checked out Join Avenue, I'll have to take a look at the list. But I do think some of these should be sold outside Join Avenue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    The only items I'd like to see introduced to shops, probably shopping malls, would be PP Up/PP Max (for 14,400 and 43,200 yen, respectively; 50% more than the other steroids, so it's a fair price),
    Why exactly does PP Up need to be more expensive than the others? It's not any more overpowered than boost your stats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    because they're a pain to get in large quantities in Gen V, and elemental Stones (Fire, Water, Thunder, Leaf, for 2100 yen, their original price), since they were available for purchase in RBGYFRLG, and there's an even greater need for them in Gen V, what with all the new Pokemon that evolve with them, especially Water and Leaf.
    Either that or just make evolution items easier to obtain. They don't necessarily need to be sold. Although if they would be sold, I'd probably sell them through something like Join Avenue.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hogwarts, naturally.
    Posts
    975

    Default

    While I feel many of the unobtainable items are too sacred to become common shop items, I would like to see elemental stones made available again like in Kanto; only with the hitch that they must be found in the wild first.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.



    ^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

    Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

    Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Since TM's have become infinte in Gen V, I've gathered a lot of money and got nowhere to spend it quickly. As we don't need to worry anymore to buy 3 Ice Beam at Game Corner, for example, introducing rare items to shops were a good way to make people still looking for money as these limited items were supposed to be expensive if they were for sale.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Southern Island, Hoenn
    Posts
    682

    Default

    They should sell rare candies, but only after you best the Pokemon league a second time and for a super high price
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    I don't use items, I hoard them, so it would be of little consequence to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Yes, to maintain the difficult of the game Rare Candies should be very expensive. Therefore, you couldn't buy 500 at once, as you said. A fair price could be around $20,000 in my viewpoint. Oh, could you pay all that for just a candy? >.<
    If you go by the values of the items in the PWT, Rare Candies are worth 24 times as much as steroids. So, logically, they should sell for 235,200 yen.

    If you go by the values of the items in the Battle Frontier, Rare Candies are worth 48 times as much as steroids. So, logically, they should sell for 470,400 yen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Why exactly does PP Up need to be more expensive than the others? It's not any more overpowered than boost your stats.
    Can you earn extra PP by battling Pokemon and earning Exp.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Since TM's have become infinte in Gen V, I've gathered a lot of money and got nowhere to spend it quickly. As we don't need to worry anymore to buy 3 Ice Beam at Game Corner, for example, introducing rare items to shops were a good way to make people still looking for money as these limited items were supposed to be expensive if they were for sale.
    And you know that the price of TMs has risen drastically to compensate for the fact you only need one, right?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    .....In America
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Depends on the item. PP-replenishing items such as ether and elixir should be sold. (Why aren't they?) They aren't "too good", or cheating material or anything of that nature. They're useful, especially while facing the pokemon league.

    TMs should stay the same. Some can be bought, most can't be. It creates a challenge and something to do. Rare candies shouldn't exist. Period. It literally defeats the purpose of the entire game.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,747

    Default

    I don't think getting your Pokemon to level 100 is the purpose of the game.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace.
    Posts
    3,528

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,789

    Default

    We need to be able to buy masterballs. They could cost 1,000,000 each

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    155

    Default

    No, not Masterballs. Masterballs are cheap as hell, and I normally don't use them, unless I really want a Pokémon and can't catch them. I think all those items shuold be available, but not for sale. You gather loadss of money way too easy. If you go against the league, you make a **** load of money. If you could buy them, I'm pretty sure everybody everybody would abuse of them.
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    And you know that the price of TMs has risen drastically to compensate for the fact you only need one, right?
    But the fact that now I can use a same TM ilimited times is worther than buying only one before for a "cheap" price.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    We need to be able to buy masterballs. They could cost 1,000,000 each
    999,999 you mean, as the wallet can't hold up than that.

    In this case players would choose between a guaranteed legendary and leave lots of items behind.

    A good deal would be to buy 100 Ultra Balls, if you want a legendary so much. It was going to be 120,000 money on total (a lot "cheaper" than 999,999). I bet 1 out of 100 Ultra Balls is supposed to catch the legendary if you weaken its HP down to red and give it a paralysis/sleeping condition.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 30th December 2012 at 11:59 AM.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    999,999 you mean, as the wallet can't hold up than that.

    In this case players would choose between a guaranteed legendary and leave lots of items behind.
    The wallet can more than 999, 999 Pokeyen. I currently have a little under 9 million in my W2.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

    William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns


    I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

    Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl


    And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

    Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •