Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And if unbuyable items start being sold (Ether)? Would you like? Why? Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    No, not Masterballs. Masterballs are cheap as hell, and I normally don't use them, unless I really want a Pokémon and can't catch them. I think all those items shuold be available, but not for sale. You gather loadss of money way too easy. If you go against the league, you make a **** load of money. If you could buy them, I'm pretty sure everybody everybody would abuse of them.
    Definitely agree here on the abuse of Masterballs.
    I think still stick to 1 masterball.

---

I wouldnt mind buying rare candies for the fact of me being too lazy to level to evolve and complete certain Pokemon in the Pokedex. And let's face it, anyone who uses Pokemon competitively knows Rare Candy boosting to 100 will result in an average Poke.
    Max Revives would be awesome. I usually have a "sacrifice" Pokemon so I can revive then heal a fainted Pokemon. Usually it is the HM slave XD

Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

Quote Originally Posted by Rinni View Post

---

I wouldnt mind buying rare candies for the fact of me being too lazy to level to evolve and complete certain Pokemon in the Pokedex. And let's face it, anyone who uses Pokemon competitively knows Rare Candy boosting to 100 will result in an average Poke.
    Max Revives would be awesome. I usually have a "sacrifice" Pokemon so I can revive then heal a fainted Pokemon. Usually it is the HM slave XD
    You must not use Pokemon competetively, then. If you raise a pokemon to level 100 with rare candies, it can still be EV'd.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I do think that Ether and all its variations should be sold, though, it's really annoying if you're out training or clearing a long dungeon and you're pretty much forced to return to a healing spot because you ran out of PP.
    Well they added those Doctors and Nurses all over Unova, should they continue that trend?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    999,999 you mean, as the wallet can't hold up than that.
    The limit was upped to 9,999,999 in BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    You must not use Pokemon competetively, then. If you raise a pokemon to level 100 with rare candies, it can still be EV'd.
    Nope I don't. Therefore my lack of knowledge on it. Thank you for correcting me.

Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    No, not Masterballs. Masterballs are cheap as hell, and I normally don't use them, unless I really want a Pokémon and can't catch them. I think all those items shuold be available, but not for sale. You gather loadss of money way too easy. If you go against the league, you make a **** load of money. If you could buy them, I'm pretty sure everybody everybody would abuse of them.
    You're aware that catching Pokemon is basically a dice roll that the player can influence slightly, correct?

Sell Master Balls for 300,000 yen apiece. They're overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    A good deal would be to buy 100 Ultra Balls, if you want a legendary so much. It was going to be 120,000 money on total (a lot "cheaper" than 999,999). I bet 1 out of 100 Ultra Balls is supposed to catch the legendary if you weaken its HP down to red and give it a paralysis/sleeping condition.
    Presuming your time has no value, of course.

But that's a terrible deal. Ultra Balls are a 2.635% chance to catch for 1200 yen each, whereas Poke Balls are 1.567% for only 200 yen. Why pay six times as much for only twice the effectiveness?

You'll have probably caught the legendary after about 70 Balls, so charge 14,000 yen per Master Ball.

You can already obtain two on a single file easily.

...You people are all aware that Revival Herbs exist, right? 2,800 yen a pop?

I don't care, I collect the rare stuff, so it may make it a bit dull to get them via purchase. Though ethers/elixirs would be nice to buy, though they can be replaced by leppa berries.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Leppa Berries have the same function as an Ether, wih the added function of cultivation. That said, I would certainly like berries to be sold, because growing berries in Unova is too much of a pain.
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Buying Rare Candies makes the game too easy

I have no idea why ethers are never sold. Running out of PP is super annoying. Not selling ethers just makes the game frustrating more than they do challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordcacnea View Post
    Well they added those Doctors and Nurses all over Unova, should they continue that trend?
    Doctors and Nurses are only really helpful in long dungeons or in the middle of a long route where you're too far away from a Pokemon Center in any direction, but they do need to tone it down a bit. It seems like you can't go 5 feet in BW without running into a healing spot. That's going way overboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

You can buy max revives and either at Join Avenue, thank god.

Only thing I could think of is Max Elixir.
    岩根雅明=♡

Honestly, I don't even think the game is hard enough for all those good items to be sold in PokeMarts.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

For heaven's sake, it's fine as it is. I think Game Freak know enough about the mechanics of their own franchise to gauge the difficulty levels accurately so that players need seldom use items like Rare Candies and Elixirs. Perhaps if Gen VI turns out to be the most ridiculously difficult, hair-pulling, 3DS-throwing, Piplup-slapping games made in the series so far, then maybe Rare Candies will be available to purchase in Pokemarts.

But then what will be the next 'rare, unpurchasable' item for players to hoard and abuse? Ex. Rare Candies, which raise a Pokemon's level by five? Or ten? Or maybe an XXX Rare Candy which automatically raises a Pokemon's level to 100? Come on, it's never going to happen. This is Game Freak we're talking about, not freakin' Capcom.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I don't see why certain items like Elixir and Max Elixir shouldn't be available through shops, especially considering they are manufactured items.

Evolutionary stones, as pointed before, we available through shops, and have been available through each generations mechanics(Join Avenue/Dust clouds for B2W2, Underground for D/P/Pt), so I don't see much reason why you shouldn't be able to purchase them in specific times and for a handsome amount of money.

I do think regional stuff like Lava Cookie, Old Gateau, Ragecandybar, Fluffy Tail etc. should only be specific locations, but I don't think they should be unbuyable for all games. Sacred Ash maybe.

As for Max Elixir, PP Max, Max Revive, Rare Candy and Eviolite, I think they should either be buyable at the post-game locations or at least in Eviolite's case be accessible through battling facilities.

It is obviously ridiculous to suggest quest items like Shards and Heart Scale to buyable though.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    But then what will be the next 'rare, unpurchasable' item for players to hoard and abuse? Ex. Rare Candies, which raise a Pokemon's level by five? Or ten? Or maybe an XXX Rare Candy which automatically raises a Pokemon's level to 100? Come on, it's never going to happen. This is Game Freak we're talking about, not freakin' Capcom.
    Too late. Join Avenue already does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Although buying Max Revives and Ethers would be nice, Rare Candies wouldn't in my opinion.
    By the way, I just plant a lot of Leppa berries to replace the Ethers...
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    You obviously know nothing about competetive and just heard someone else say that.
    Uh no... You get an EV based on the PKMN you KO. Your stat raises at each new level are based on these.
    And who cares about competetive? IT's the GAME that we're here for.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    ...You people are all aware that Revival Herbs exist, right? 2,800 yen a pop?
    But that makes your PKMN dislike you.

Quote Originally Posted by ★ Lucario ★ View Post
    Although buying Max Revives and Ethers would be nice, Rare Candies wouldn't in my opinion.
    By the way, I just plant a lot of Leppa berries to replace the Ethers...
    When you're going from town to town getting badges, I find it a waste to raise berries.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

I really have no idea why you can't just buy ethers and PP ups, I mean for a price of 5k for the former and 15k for the latter they seem very reasonable.

Might as well sell Ethers - I stopped being so concerned about them when Leppa berries were introduced, since they do the same thing and they're free. So Ethers are already of little value - at least if they were sold, they'd be convenient.

As for Rare Candies - I don't care, honestly. Beyond the fact that I don't much care how anyone else plays their game anyway, I would think that there wouldn't be much point in buying and using them even if they were for sale. I know I wouldn't - I've never thought they were useful as it is, other than as an easy way to temporarily level a newborn up far enough to run its stats through an IV calculator, and an Audino and a Lucky Egg works better for that anyway, so they don't even have that little bit of a purpose left. If they were sold, they'd undoubtedly be expensive enough that it'd be a hassle to get together enough money to buy enough of them to make any sort of significant difference, and for that, I'd much rather spend my time battling and earning experience and, more significantly, gaining EVs, and lo and behold - pokemon level up when you do that anyway, and end up better than they would with Rare Candies, since they're getting the EV stat-increases as well. So for me, there's no point in them at all, sold or otherwise, and if someone else wants to spend their time accumulating enough money to buy enough Rare Candies to force level their pokemon so they end up overleveled with inferior stats, that's their problem.

you can actually get unlimited free rare candies in BW2:

step 1: sr before you go into the sport domes and try to get one with a breeder inside
    step 2: battle the breeder and you will be given a rare candy as a prize
    step 3: GF forgot to make the breeders in the sports dome unable to rebottle, so you can fight them and gain rare candies for the entire day (and get infinite amounts of rare candies)
    step 4: the next day, repeat the steps

White 2 team~ all lvl 100~ 8 badges~ E4 complete~ white treehollow complete~ join avenue rank 10~ 81 medals

Quote Originally Posted by Jdrawer View Post
    But that makes your PKMN dislike you.
    Friendship only matters if you're either

a) Going for happiness evolution on something (after which the happiness stat is irrelevant, and why are you letting happiness-evolving Pokes faint in the first place?)

or

b) Using Return (which is suck on anything without STAB, and only takes 4845 steps to fully power again anyway, so irrelevant 97% of the time)
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 31st December 2012 at 5:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdrawer View Post
    Uh no... You get an EV based on the PKMN you KO. Your stat raises at each new level are based on these.
    And who cares about competetive? IT's the GAME that we're here for.
    No, in Gen V EVs are recalculated after each battle. You don't need to level up to get them. So try to learn the game before you "correct" someone on it with the wrong info.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
    Might as well sell Ethers - I stopped being so concerned about them when Leppa berries were introduced, since they do the same thing and they're free. So Ethers are already of little value - at least if they were sold, they'd be convenient.
    It's pain planting berries, dude! What good that Ethers are already available in B2/W2!

Ethers- Yes. Why can't we buy them? We have full heals that fully heal you and remove all status effects, we have revives that bring you back at half or almost full health, why can't we have something that restores PP, its not that cheep and would be REALLY useful in the Elite 4. And don't use the Avenue reasoning in BW2, it still makes them rare and fairly hard to get at only 1 per day, that's not helping. They should be available at shops,they should have been available from the start in gen 1.

Rare candies- No. that would ruin their purpose. They are supposed to be something rare that you find to help you. A nice little treat

I would really like to see them sell the elemental stones again like in gen 1. With how many pokemon evolve from stones it would be nice to be able to buy one and use it. It didn't break the game in gen 1, why not now.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12