Thread: HG Team Rating

Hybrid View

Default HG Team Rating

I'm trying to take a defensive approach to battling which has been completely excluded by me since gen. 1. I found my HG game, and worked on this a bit calculating the best team I could, and was hoping you guys could help me out. Here's the team. (All lvl 100)

1)Shuckle
    Toxic
    Rest
    Wrap
    Bide

2)Wobbufett
    Counter
    Mirror Coat
    Safeguard
    Destiny Bond

3)Dragonite
    Extremespeed
    Dragon Rush
    Fly
    Draco Meteor

4)Blissey
    Softboiled
    Healing Wish
    Sing
    Egg Bomb

5)Breloom
    Spore
    Seed Bomb
    Sky Uppercut
    Counter

6)Ninjask
    Flash
    Protect
    Batton Pass
    X-scissor

Thanks.

In game, a defensive strategy isnt really needed. Shuckle is well built, but you should replace Bide with Gyro Ball(with a base speed of 5, this'll kill alot of things) and give it a Chesto Berry. Considering the fact that it cant be changed any further, Wobbuffet is pretty solid. Just be able to tell if an opponent is a physical or special attacker.(Ex: Alakazam, use mirror coat, dont even think otherwise) and have it hold leftovers. Dragonite, solid on any team, but it could have a better moveset. Replace either Dragon Rush or Draco Meteor(your preference) with Flamethrower or Earthquake. Give it a muscle band or a power herb if you keep draco meteor. Blissey is decently set up, but give it a special attack. Ice Beam or Thunderbolt is good. Breloom is good, and for the love of god, use counter on flying types! You dont really need two bug types, but speedboost is helpful. Baton Pass is pointless without stat boosting moves but speed boost is passable , and protect is pointless without Toxic or something to stall for. Give it Swords Dance and replace Flash with Toxic.

It should look something like this
    Shuckle
    Holding Chesto Berry
    Toxic
    Rest
    Wrap
    Gyro Ball

Wobbuffet
    Holding Leftovers
    Counter
    Mirror Coat
    Destiny Bond
    Safegaurd

Dragonite
    Holding Muscle Band(Dragon Rush)/Power Herb(Draco Meteor)
    Earthquake/Draco Meteor
    Flamethrower/Dragon Rush
    Extremespeed
    Fly

Blissey
    Holding Shell Bell
    Softboiled
    Healing Wish
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

Breloom
    Holding Coba Berry
    Counter
    Sky Uppercut
    Spore
    Seed Bomb

Ninjask
    Holding Bright Powder
    Toxic
    Protect
    Baton Pass
    Swords Dance
    I AM NERDZ! YOU SHALL OBEY ME OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!

This helped alot! Thanks!

Although you missed something , Shuckle dosen't have the Attack to pull off Gyro Ball. If you insist on using it , Power Trick is preferred to give you a huge amoun of Attack beforehand.

Dragonite can use Waterfall > Draco Meteor , and , if you don't need Fly , replace it with Fire Punch. Dragon Claw is also a better option instead of Draco Meteor.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Well, the thing about power trick is that I don't think Shuckle can survive long enough after using it because his defense gets really bad and so does his speed.Fly has a STAB for Dragonite + high physical stat, and Draco Meteor finishes it of replacing Dragon Rush w/ Dragon Claw, so I'll make some modifications and see how it works.

Well , then again , DM can be used but you'll need Dragon Claw in somewhere as well , for a reliable physical STAB.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight