Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Default The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

The FB Training Zone

Unlike other Fizzy Bubbles zones, this zone has been created for the sole purpose of introducing new members to RPing FB Style before venturing into current zones. It gives you a chance to familiarise yourselves with how we work and to experiment and expand upon your RPing skills before moving on.

While the updates I provide here will be far from top quality due to time restraints, they will still provide enough information for you to formulate a decent response and to RP to your highest standard. While updates won't be top-notch, your replies should be as whether or not you're given the ok to leave this zone behind and enter regular zones will depend upon how you reply. You should always be striving to give your replies everything you can as that is what is expected in all FB Zones. Please remember that while FB has Gyms, Contest Halls, Bases, the Arcade, and various other activities as well as Time Out to help pass the time between updates, our primary purpose is role playing and while we don't always expect lengthy replies, we do expect a reasonable degree of quality. Replies don't have to be long to be good as some people are mistakenly inclined to believe.

Rules
    - No less than four (4) lines when replying, and by four lines I mean four complete lines of text. Not three or four words before hitting the enter key and writing another three or four words. Decent and articulate sentences are a must.
    - No chat speak. No abbreviations. No icons/smilies. Type properly or I'll ignore your post.
    - Please proofread posts. It's not only a great way to check for errors, it's also an excellent chance to see if you can expand upon/improve your reply before submitting.
    - ALWAYS quote your update by using the quote button in the bottom right-hand corner of the post. If you c/p and add Quote tags, your post will be ignored. Also, don't quote the entire post, only the update that has been written for you.
    - When using attacks for battle, please state clearly what you are ordering your Pokémon to do, and order no more than three attacks (offensive or defensive) per round of battle.
    - Never take it upon yourself to encounter or capture a Pokémon. The Pokémon you encounter is entirely up to the discretion of your updator. If you've read through the Updates & Replies Thread you will find that there are several reasons for this rule being in place.
    - When in a battle situation, never, ever try to control the moves or reactions of your opponent Pokémon. It's my job to give you an adventure, it's your job to overcome any obstacles I put in your path. Be sure to give clear and precise instructions for the moves you want your Pokémon to use, but don't ever try to control the Pokémon you are battling. I'm hoping I'll never have to PM anyone about editing their reply because they've posted incorrectly. It's embarassing for you, and uncomfortable for me.
    - If your Pokémon has a nickname please don't expect me to know it straight off the bat. After a while I do become familiar with the teams of people I update but when you're new to me I'd appreciate it if you would refer to the Pokémon you have, not call them by name. For example, somebody says, "Blaze use Ember!" Ummm, who/what is Blaze? I know it's a Fire Type, but what is it? A Torchic, Charmander, Houndour??? I won't know unless you tell me.
    - I do ask that you keep a profile of your FB team in your signature which includes your Pokémon, their levels and genders. I do however understand that not everyone wants to do this so if you could, at the very least, post a link to your registration post I'd appreciate it greatly. If you do neither and I need some information about your Pokémon, there's a strong likelihood you'll be skipped.

And lastly, I'm not expecting everyone to start off perfectly here. Mistakes are expected and I'm more than happy to offer pointers/advice when asked for it, as are many FB members. I'm lenient to a point, but if you've been informed about something that has been done wrong and continue to ignore the advice given to correct it, then you will be ignored. End of story.

Now that formalities are out of the way, how about we get down to business? Below are a list of areas you may enter (only one area at a time), so all you need to do is decide where you would like to travel before making your introductory post.

The Arcane Realm

Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
    According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
    This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.

The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
    A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.

Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
    A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?

Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
    An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.

The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
    An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
    A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

For several reasons the Arcane Realm is being returned to Fizzy Bubbles. From today on, all new members who pass the Registration Test will need to post here for their first adventure and will remain in this zone until their updator releases them into mainstream zones.

Additionally, those who have already been in FB for a while but never had the pleasure of experiencing this zone may post for the duration of a single adventure. If you're still looking for your first capture then this is your chance.

Looking forward to seeing you soon ^^.

I guess I'll do the honours of putting the first intro here; I can't wait to see what's in store for me, perhaps finally getting my first capture! And also, thanks a bunch Tress for bringing this zone up! Even though I'm (kind of) not very new here, feel free to give constructive comments about my posts so I can get even better!

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Arcane Realm

A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?
    As usual, Okiku continued her search on psychic Pokémon and their typical environment, which are temples, ruins and ghost towns left behind by ancient civilizations. Why was she attracted to those two subjects? The young woman herself doesn't know. Perhaps it's a calling from beyond... but Okiku, although she have seen quite a few strange things, doesn't believe anything of this grandiose or far-fetched would happen on little old her.

On this day, the black-clothed trainer had her curiosity peaked by the Desert of Illusion, where legend said there is a pair of villages lost within the vast land of sand. Although she was a bit skeptical, the desert being, well, exactly what's written on the tin, Okiku knew there's often some kind of truth behind any story and felt like going to the bottom of it, just for fun. She also heard the place was surprisingly filled with Pokémon, which she considered to be an added bonus as she wanted not only to train some of her team, but also to make said team grow in numbers.

Being a bit of a scholar type of traveller, the trainer spent a large amount of time searching about the desert and the possibility of the villages, whenever it was within tourist pamphlets, history books, or maps ranged from old and new to conventional, topographic or thematic. After a few days of studying, she spent some time getting some extra supplies for her journey and finally set off into the desert on foot, not wanting to miss anything that could be difficult to spot on a vehicle. Not wanting to be alone though, she called out one of her companions, an Espeon she named Himiko.

"Hey there girl," Okiku petted her sun Pokémon, "I know you're still not used being a Psychic Pokémon, but can you help me out trying to find a hidden village somewhere within the desert? Maybe you could feel or find something that I don't..." The purple-haired animal nodded, then shook her body to get rid of some of the sand that blew into her fine fur. "Thanks Himi," her trainer patted her head, then opened up a map she brought with her and looked out to the horizon of the desert, "I'm going to need all the help you can give me."

The duo walked into the vast sea of sand, hoping to find what they're looking for, or at least find some adventure to get into.
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 31st December 2012 at 4:15 PM. Reason: Fixing some typo(s). Herp-a-derp.

Yes, thank you for this. Though not terribly new, I still think I could benefit from this.
    For story purposes, I'm not sure whether it's a maze containing connected tunnels or rooms placed in a maze like pattern. Also, would there be anything like windows or cracks to the outside world to let light in. If any part of my story conflicts with the environment, then simply ignore it (or change if necessary).

The Arcane Realm

Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
    An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.
    "Yes, we're here!" the trainer shouted. "The ancient tombs filled with kings and their treasure. Let's go!"
    "Ralralralralral..." His pokémon Ralts, was trying to pull him away while pleading to his trainer to not enter. His meagre physical strength and low weight did little in stopping his trainer though. Rags' feet were dragging in the ground and in just a few seconds he had already let go. Rags was less enthusiastic about this place, since his trainer forgot one other thing that was mentioned about this place: the danger that was hidden within the tomb. The two had done a bit of research on this place on their journey here and knew the place was one huge maze possibly filled with traps to keep people out, but Lucas was neglecting all of it. He had only thing on his mind: treasure.
    "Treasure. Gold. Rare items!". Lucas just couldn't contain his excitement. He stormed off into the tomb without a second thought, leaving his Ralts behind.
    Rags let out a deep sigh, giving up in convincing his trainer to stay out. He concentrated on his trainer's feelings before mimicking them.
    With the same enthusiasm and naivety as Lucas, Rags charged inside, following him.

It didn't take long before the two got lost.

Lucas stood quietly still in the middle of a tunnel, thinking.
    "Hmm, maybe I should have thought this through."
    "Ru!" his Rags exclaimed. (Translation: "You think!")
    The young man was still too excited to think clearly about what to do. He sat down on the ground, his pokémon copying his exact same movements. Lucas needed to think clearly, so he needed to calm down. He reached for his inside pocket and took out a cigarette. A filthy habit of his, but it helped calm him down when needed.
    Closing his eyes, he lit his cigarette, inhaled and let out a deep exhale before opening them again. He had already formed a small plan on what to do next.
    His eyes followed the smoke he had just exhaled. It had already dispersed before he could track it. He inhaled again before letting out another breath of smoke. This time he kept his eyes on it. Rags was slightly confused about what Lucas was doing and simply copied him, also looking at the smoke.
    "Assuming the entrance is the only opening," Lucas thought. "It would be only way for the wind to enter, meaning the smoke will blow into the deeper part of the tomb." It was a gamble though. He didn't know for sure if there was any other way for wind to enter and there wasn't much smoke to get a clear picture of the wind direction.
    "Alright Rags, here's the plan. We can assume that the kings' burial room and treasure room would be in the deepest part of the tomb. So let's say there are two 'exits'," he said the last word while using his fingers to create air-quotes. "Now, imagine there's a simple square room with two exit's on opposite sides." The young man bent down and tried to draw lines in the dirt on the floor. He drew two parallel lines that were broken in the middle and then two lines that connected these two, creating a box that was open on two sides.
    Rags was only looking more confused, Lucas wasn't the best at explaining things. He could already feel the impending doom of being stuck inside forever. In all his haste, Lucas hadn't even prepared by bringing anything like an Escape Rope.
    Lucas continued: "If you enter one side and hug the wall while moving, you'll eventually get to the other exit." He pointed his finger at it and followed the lines, starting at one open-end and tracing it to the other end.
    "Now imagine, there were smaller walls protruding from the main wall." He drew smaller lines from the outside walls towards the inside, being careful not to let any of the new lines to touch each other. "If we hug the same wall, we'll have to move around these other walls, but we can still cling to them." His finger followed the same line, but this time he moved it along all protruding lines he encountered and then moved it back to the main wall. Eventually, he reached the other side again. He looked at Rags. "You understand what I'm trying to say here?"
    "Ru." Rags just looked puzzled at Lucas, he hadn't completely understood what he meant.
    "Yeah, I wouldn't understand either if I explained it like that." He sighed. "Let's just keep it simple, we'll follow the right wall until we end up somewhere."
    He stood up and let out another sigh. Weirdly enough, Lucas wasn't even slightly frightened by being lost. He hadn't been there long enough to start worrying.
    He threw his cigarette on the ground and stamped on it to put it out. He followed the direction the smoke went while clinging to the right wall the entire time.
    Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 30th December 2012 at 8:27 PM.

OOC: Thanks for this chance of more Fizzy style RP experience, character development for my Roggenrola, and who knows maybe even my first zone capture ^_^

The Arcane Realm

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
    A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

"Why in Arceus' name did I go here? There is nothing here, all empty rock, snow and abandoned mines. And on top of that it is freezing out here, and I HATE cold!" the clearly annoyed voice of a young man breaks the silence of the night.

"Ow wait, I remember, my dad wanted me to go here. Yes Rowan, you will go there, this way you can have fun with your Pokémon ánd be useful for the company. Yeah sure, as if there is anything out here. What does he expect? A mountain of undiscovered ore? These mines are abandoned for a reason. But noooo, he just wouldn't listen."

"Ugh, I want to get the heck out of here, I'll do what my dad asked and check what's up here and then I'm out of here first thing in the morning," Rowan continues talking to himself, ever more agitated.

"Rooooggenrola!" a small stone Pokémon is happily jumping around next to her trainer, "Rog rog rog roggenrola!"

"Ow yeah, sure, YOU would like this," Rowan turn to his Pokémon, "give you a risky situation with little chance of success and you would jump on it like a dwarf would jump a nugget. Sometimes I'd wish you were more like Ralts, cute and less likely to get into trouble. But on the other hand, this terrain is nothing for her, glad I left her at home and only adventured here with you."

The two continue to walk up the mountain in their search for ores and minerals Mr Virote can mine and excavate for use in his factories.

"You know, I don't even know why my father send me up the mountain of all people. He must have enough staff around to send one of them, they might actually know what they're doing as I have totally no clue whatsoever where I'd be most likely to find what my father wants," Rowan has calmed down as the calmness and happiness of his Roggenrola reflected back on him.

"It's getting late," Rowan notices when he takes out his Pokédex to check their position, "we should find a place where we can set up camp for the night. Preferably somewhere inside, as I have a gut feeling it will start snowing soon. As if we don't have enough snow and cold around us already."

The two walk around in search for a place to set up their tent and make a campfire. Rowan orders his Roggenrola to look for a place to sleep as he searches for material to get a campfire starting. After a couple of minutes Roggenrola calls out to her trainer. When Rowan walks up to her he sees her standing under an overhang of a big rock formation. The place is high enough for him to stand up and there is more than enough space for the tent and a campfire under it. Rowan sets up the tent and walks off again leaving Roggenrola to guard their belongings and after a while he returns with enough material to start a fire.

"Great, finally some warmth, I just had about enough of all this cold. And it seems we're just in time too, it's snowing now," Rowan says as he warms his hands on the fire he just made, looking outside from underneath the overhang. Roggenrola settles herself in her trainers lap as he sits down preparing food for the two. They silently eat their meal, enjoying the fire before they head for the tent to get some well deserved sleep.

The next morning Rowan wakes up early, finding himself alone in the tent. When he looks outside of the tent he sees his Roggenrola standing by the extinguished fire, he notices it is still snowing and even more so than in the previous evening. Rowan gets up and packs everything. "It's time we find what we're looking for, and then head back home as soon as possible," he says as Rowan and his Roggenrola venture into the snow looking for his father's ore.
    Last edited by Escalion; 31st December 2012 at 9:03 AM.

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
    This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.
    With farmland on both sides, Alli skipped along a dirt path until it brought her to the top of a hill. Stopping a moment to take in her surroundings, she noticed Mediville off into the distance. Alli turned back and waved at her Lopunny, who followed behind her with a casual air. The weather was pleasant, and the plowed lands nice enough, yet Codi harbored an uncomfortable feeling that he could not shake. He had never been on an adventure alone with Little Bun. It had always been him and Pluto, or Mint, or even Little Gar, and this was important, as it meant that if they ran into a Pokemon, there had always been someone else available to do the battling.

The Lopunny finally reached the top of the hill, and stood side by side with his trainer. Alli indicated Mediville, and started to frolic forward.
    "Hey, wait up." Alli rushed him onward, and Codi dashed forward to catch up. "You haven't told me what we're doing out here yet. What's this town that we're heading towards?"

"Mediville."

"And? What's the story with it?
    What Cryptid are we looking for this time?"

"Actually, we are not after any Cryptids, this time."
    Codi decided he like the sound of that.

"So what are we doing in this Medi-place?"
    Alli stopped and turned towards Codi.

"It's a special training mission just for me and you!"
    Alli flung out her arms happily.
    Codi decided that he definitely did not like the sound of that.

"...What?"

"We're out here to catch a Pokemon. It'll be fun, you'll see."

"Wait, what?! But why me? Why not Pluto or Mint?"

"Pluto's too strong, and I plan to evolve Mint soon, so I let her sit out this adventure. Woofak is in the computer and Little Gar..." Alli and Codi knowingly exchanged expressions, aware of the little Darumaka's troublesome tendencies. "Besides, you've really not been keeping up with your training. You're suppose to be on par with Pluto, but look how behind you've gotten."

"Yeah, but..."

"You worry too much, Codi! I'm sure you'd knock down your opponent really well!"

"It's not the offense that I'm worried about." Codi mumbled to himself, but Alli was not listening, and had already begun to skip ahead. "I'm allergic to pain, you know!" Alli waved him onward. Codi sighed, and looked around nervously before proceeding to catch up.

Looking down at his diminutive trainer, he could not help but noticed how cheerful she seemed.

"What's with you?"

"I like seeing them. The rolling hills, and all the different kinds of crops. It reminds me of back when I use to travel with the caravan. That's all that would be around us for miles and miles."

"You traveled with a caravan?"

"Well, a long time ago, back before my brother left."

"You had a brother? Where did he go?"

"Oh, he turned into a fairy." Codi stopped as though dumbfounded. Believing this to require some further information, he was about to incline when he noticed that Alli had stopped too, and was rummaging through her backpack. She pulled out her panpipes, and continued onward while playing them. Realizing that he wasn't going to get any answers out of her now, Codi shrugged it off as one of his imaginative trainer's quirks, and followed from behind.

Down the beaten path to Mediville continued Alli, followed by her Lopunny, and a cloud of soft, pleasant music.

(Nicknames for extra reference: Codi is a Lopunny, Little Gar is a Darumaka
    Pluto is a Sableye, Mint is an Eevee, Woofak is a Chinchou,
    and "Little Bun" is Codi's nickname for Alli)
    Last edited by allishinca; 27th August 2013 at 5:38 PM.

The FB Training Zone

The Arcane Realm

Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
    According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.
    After quite a bit of travel, Scott finally made it to his destination. He looked up from the map application of his Pokegear, and saw that he was standing in front of a large forest. "Here we are, the Forest of Adventure!" The young man exclaimed.

"Munna" Shaana, his Munna, and usual travelling companion, remarked with a sarcastic tone in her voice. As if to say that was obvious, and didn't really need to be said. Scott didn't get that setiment, as he didn't speak Pokemon.

According to sources he had read on the internet, the forest was enchanted so that no trainer could enter this forest without an adventure befalling them. Being the wandering Pokemon Trainer that he was, and not really having any goals to speak of at the moment, adventures were necessary to keep things interesting. On top of that, enchanted forests usually required magic to become enchanted in the first place. Scott had always been fascinated by magic, and wanted to experience this for himself. So, Scott took a deep breath, then took his first steps into the forest. Once inside, he waited a few seconds to see if an adventure would befall him. He was often one to take things literally. After a few minutes of waiting for something to happen, crossing his arms, yawning, tapping his foot boredly, and getting nothing but the sound of his own thoughts, he decided to move ahead. Hm, maybe the magic takes a little time to work. He thought as he walked further into the forest. Every now and then looking around to see if there was anything interesting, but so far only seeing lots and lots of trees.

Shaana just sighed, wondering why her trainer was so silly sometimes, and followed him along.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 31st December 2012 at 2:42 AM.

Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Mon1010: Looking for magic and mystery you set out upon your journey into the mystical Forest of Adventure. Your first steps into this magical wonderland are hopeful indeed, the magnificent sight like nothing you had expected as the forest's beauty is well hidden from the outside in a bid to keep unwelcome visitors away. The path you are travelling breaks into smaller ones leading in different directions leaving you spoiled for choice in relation to which direction you'd like to travel. The array of plants, bushes and trees containing fruits, flowers, and nectars create not only a beautiful visual display, but an aromatic one as well. Despite all this, you've been walking for a while now without having yet come across anything "adventurous", and are hoping the forest will live up to its reputation in the very near future. Walking a little while longer you hear a frightened squawk and look up to find a little Taillow tangled up in a net. It's sounding rather weak as it appears to have been struggling to escape for some time now without any luck. A more concerning aspect is the very hungry looking Ariados watching Taillow from a nearby tree branch, practically salivating at the thought of such an easy, juicy meal ripe for the picking...

Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

allishinca: I've noticed you like to centre your posts, and that's fine, but if you can please refrain from doing so in zones that'll be great. Thanks ^^.

Not unlike the Pied Piper, you skip along the dirt road leading into the old farming village of Mediville with Codi following closely behind. The music travelling on the crisp morning air attracts the attention of several farmers who see you passing by their properties, as well as the wild Pokémon native to the area. There is little to see other than farmland, with properties spread out miles apart, quite a drastic contrast to inner city condo living. The air is fresh, the weather perfect, and Mediville is straight ahead. Upon entering the town you return your panpipes to your bag, choosing instead to walk along the cobblestone streets and examine your surroundings in detail. Codi seems happy with this, inspecting the quaint old shops with interest until he's nearly bowled over by a man who runs out of a shop at full speed with a nasty-looking Poochyena on his tail. A lady runs out of the shop after them screaming, "Stop! Thief! He's stolen my Shelly! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"

Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

OkikuMew: Setting out into the vast Desert of Illusion, you hope you can find at least one of the fabled villages said to be hidden here. Although sceptical, you wouldn't be here if you didn't think, or at the very least hope, there is some truth to the rumours. Himiko accompanies you on your journey, the heat and humidity affecting her just as much as it does you, though clad in black you should have guessed you'd be asking for trouble when venturing into this type of area. After several uneventful hours including short rests under whatever kind of shade you can find, you're beginning to wonder what on earth you're doing here when you hear the unmistakeable sound of bawling from some kind of Pokémon. Exchanging a quick, worried glance with Himiko, you both rush in the direction of the pitiful sound, soon finding a distraught little Phanpy who appears to be injured. Upon seeing you approach its eyes widen in terror and it bawls louder, but clearly there is no help nearby. Now that you're close you can see the reason for its fear and your gut wrenches as it becomes clear that someone has deliberately left it here if not to die then certainly in a deliberate act of torture. All four of Phanpy's legs are tied with rope to a thick metal peg that's been pounded deeply into the hard desert floor and the more the little Pokémon struggles to escape, the more tangled it is becoming. Its skin is chafed rather badly, the rope burn on its legs and even its trunk from where its tried to loosen the ropes, is quite severe. You're going to need to gain Phanpy's trust if you have any hope of helping it, but it appears Phanpy is far too frightened to listen...

Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

Ex-Admiral Insane: I was debating for several minutes whether or not to ask you to post another intro. I have absolutely no issue with the fact you're a decent writer, my concern is with the self updating. You ALWAYS leave it up to your updator to create the scene, and you ALWAYS leave it to your updator to lead you into the adventure. That's what they're here for, and that's what defines FB as being an updator based RPG as opposed to a free RP RPG. Please be mindful of this from here on in.

Entering the age-old structure of the Ancient Tomb with Rags tagging reluctantly along behind, a long stone corridor leads you away from the land of the living with each passing step. The sunlight from the tomb's entrance is fading behind you as you travel further into the unfathomable depths of this archaic mausoleum which is said to hold the treasures of a civilisation lost in time. Your footsteps are your only company as the corridor descends into darkness, but it isn't long before you notice the faint flicker of firelight ahead. Finally emerging into a musty sandstone room of approximately 10ft x 10ft, a single torch propped in the upper right hand corner of the room sheds a warm glow across this otherwise uninviting chamber. Carvings on the walls depict scenes of a civilisation long since gone who worshipped kings and paid homage to Gods. Others tell the story of bloody battles fought ages ago, but it's the three stone doorways that have your attention. One to the left, one to your right, and the other straight ahead, each with a single gemstone embedded in them (a ruby, sapphire, and emerald respectively). Taking a few moments to have a cigarette, you explain your reasoning to Rags before deciding upon the right-hand passageway. Rags doesn't appear too hot on the idea, however, and tugs on your trousers, clearly wanting you to rethink this. He can sense a bad vibe coming from that direction and doesn't appear all too eager to be heading straight for it...

Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue

Escalion: Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong with your reply other than minor self-updating (deciding upon the conditions). I did notice there were a couple of points, however, where it would have been perfect to end your post. I'm not sure if you kept writing to try and lengthen your post or if it was for RP purposes. If it's for RPing then fine, but if it's length you were looking for please keep in mind that longer isn't always better. Nice job, though, especially for your first attempt ^^.

Waking to another chill morning you can't help but be a little resentful of your father who has sent you to this dreary region in search of ore. Why he would send you, who has no experience in the mining industry, as opposed to someone who knows what to look for, is anyone's guess, but rather than dwelling on the matter you simply pack up your belongings and head off up the mountainside in search of anything that looks like it may lead to somewhere useful. You've not trekked far when you hear what sounds like a fight ahead and upon rounding the bend in the trail stop dead in your tracks as you witness a Snorunt and Geodude yelling loudly at one another. You've no idea what their argument is about, but Snorunt looks very upset while Geodude seems to be enjoying seeing how agitated Snorunt is becoming. A moment later Geodude ends the argument by throwing a small, solid object at Snorunt before turning around and heading into a mineshaft in the mountainside. Snorunt yelps, the rock that hit it glinting brightly in the weak sunlight and you suddenly realise it's a nugget of gold. Snorunt then proceeds to pick up the golden nugget and race into the mineshaft after Geodude, leaving you wondering what on earth just happened. Whatever the case, Geodude just hurled a piece of gold like it was a worthless rock, and where there is one nugget there are sure to be more. The question is, do you really want to enter that rickety old mineshaft looking for gold, or would you rather continue on and hope to find something in a much safer area?

Apologies for my previous post. I was wondering if I did go too far, but I wasn't certain whether my character storming in and getting lost easily could be seen as a character trait or self updating. I'll refrain a bit more from that.

Ex-Admiral Insane: I was debating for several minutes whether or not to ask you to post another intro. I have absolutely no issue with the fact you're a decent writer, my concern is with the self updating. You ALWAYS leave it up to your updator to create the scene, and you ALWAYS leave it to your updator to lead you into the adventure. That's what they're here for, and that's what defines FB as being an updator based RPG as opposed to a free RP RPG. Please be mindful of this from here on in.

Entering the age-old structure of the Ancient Tomb with Rags tagging reluctantly along behind, a long stone corridor leads you away from the land of the living with each passing step. The sunlight from the tomb's entrance is fading behind you as you travel further into the unfathomable depths of this archaic mausoleum which is said to hold the treasures of a civilisation lost in time. Your footsteps are your only company as the corridor descends into darkness, but it isn't long before you notice the faint flicker of firelight ahead. Finally emerging into a musty sandstone room of approximately 10ft x 10ft, a single torch propped in the upper right hand corner of the room sheds a warm glow across this otherwise uninviting chamber. Carvings on the walls depict scenes of a civilisation long since gone who worshipped kings and paid homage to Gods. Others tell the story of bloody battles fought ages ago, but it's the three stone doorways that have your attention. One to the left, one to your right, and the other straight ahead, each with a single gemstone embedded in them (a ruby, sapphire, and emerald respectively). Taking a few moments to have a cigarette, you explain your reasoning to Rags before deciding upon the right-hand passageway. Rags doesn't appear too hot on the idea, however, and tugs on your trousers, clearly wanting you to rethink this. He can sense a bad vibe coming from that direction and doesn't appear all too eager to be heading straight for it...
    "What is it now?" Lucas looked annoyed at Rags.
    Rags merely looked up at Lucas. He was clearly worried about heading that direction.
    Lucas sat down so as to be at eye-level with Rags. "Well fine, I guess we could hug the left wall instead of the right. Same plan, same result." He was looking at Rags, looking for a reaction. "Is it that you just don't want to go that way or are you being difficult?" He wasn't trying to make the Ralts feel guilty, but if he was going to refuse every doorway, there would be no point in discussing it.

"Personally, I'm not too keen on going left."
    "Ru?" the Ralts replied softly. Was his trainer now being hesitant about the tomb as well?
    The trainer continued. "There must have been a reason they decided to immediately place a room with different doorways? Each one of them has a different gem. That must mean something right?"
    Rags said nothing, but looked at his trainer bewildered.
    "My best guess. Either each of them leads to a different tomb or each of them contains a different set of traps. It may even be that only two contain traps and we must choose the right doorway to enter safely."
    He let out another sigh. "I don't like the looks of the paintings on the wall. The old civilization seem to have worshipped kings and gods. That's fine with me, but it's the others that worry me. They also seem to have been bloodthirsty battlers" Whether they were really bloodthirsty or not, he didn't really know, but the pictures were enough to cloud his judgement on that matter.
    "A ruby's red," he said in disgust. "Like blood. I don't like that fact."
    Rags was now worrying about his trainer a bit. He could feel his trainer's calm nature slipping, it seems his chaotic side is returning to make the decisions. "His calm side wouldn't believe in simple omens and scare tactics."

"Alright, fine," he said. He stood up and a big smile appeared on his face. "We'll compromise and go for the middle path. After all, green stands for go." He immediately headed for the emerald embedded doorway. Rags would have been sure now that Lucas' calmness had completely disappeared for the time being, were it nor for the last thing he said when he turned and looked at Rags before passing through.
    "Unless of course, you sense danger on this path as well?"

allishinca: I've noticed you like to centre your posts, and that's fine, but if you can please refrain from doing so in zones that'll be great. Thanks ^^.

Not unlike the Pied Piper, you skip along the dirt road leading into the old farming village of Mediville with Codi following closely behind. The music travelling on the crisp morning air attracts the attention of several farmers who see you passing by their properties, as well as the wild Pokémon native to the area. There is little to see other than farmland, with properties spread out miles apart, quite a drastic contrast to inner city condo living. The air is fresh, the weather perfect, and Mediville is straight ahead. Upon entering the town you return your panpipes to your bag, choosing instead to walk along the cobblestone streets and examine your surroundings in detail. Codi seems happy with this, inspecting the quaint old shops with interest until he's nearly bowled over by a man who runs out of a shop at full speed with a nasty-looking Poochyena on his tail. A lady runs out of the shop after them screaming, "Stop! Thief! He's stolen my Shelly! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"
    The soothing sounds of the panpipes drew the attention of farmers and wild Pokemon alike as Alli and Codi continued down the dirt road to Mediville. Codi glanced nervously at the wild Pokemon as they appeared, and hoped that his gleeful little trainer would not take notice of them. Alli was too absorbed with playing her song in the fine weather, and the two of them continued on without incident.

At last they reached Mediville, and Alli looked at the buildings and wide cobblestone streets with wonder.

"It looked a lot smaller from far away."

"Perspective does wonders." Alli shoved her panpipes back into her backpack, and nervously took her first steps into Mediville. At first, the strange new surroundings made Alli uncomfortable, as she clung close to Codi. As they proceeded down the wide roads of the rustic village, she generally became more inquisitive and began to explore the town in detail. They gradually fell into a pattern of window shopping, and admired the gadgets and trinkets on display from the other side of the glass. When they passed a wooden toy shop, Alli's face became glued to the shop window. She admired the toys with large, hungry eyes until Codi had to drag her away. The further into the town they went, the thicker the crowds grew. Alli had continued with her Lopunny behind her until at last she turned and found him gone. Looking around with a mild anxiety, she spotted the rascal attempting to make conversation with a Gardevoir. Approaching from behind, she grabbed Codi by one of his long, floppy ears and pulled him away. The Gardevoir's trainer seemed relieved by this as they two groups went their separate ways.

Alli and Codi reached a small opening in the town, complete with a center fountain that instantly drew Alli's interest. She ran up and rummaged through her pockets to unearth a coin. Codi walked up and sat down on the fountain's edge as Alli flipped a coin into the water. She then leaned forward and watched the ripples as they dilated. Codi watched too, and was generally pleased with how this day had been going. Their endless search for Cryptids always lead them to the most terrifying places or got them into the most horrifying situations. Today, they had nice weather and found themselves in an agreeable little town with new lots people to meet. Codi watched the crowds while hoping to take a small rest by the fountain before continuing. This was not to be had, as Alli noticed another store window far off and quickly dashed towards it. Codi simply shrugged, and followed suit.

When he caught up to his little trainer, he again found her pressed up against a glass window. He walked up to her while passing in front of the shop entrance when a loud clamor caught him off guard. A man burst from the shop and shoved Codi aside, who barely caught himself from falling back. Behind the man followed a hideous-looking Poochyena, and close behind that was frantic women shouting: "Stop! Thief! He's stolen my Shelly! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!"

"The nerve of some people," Codi mumbled to himself as he brushed of his fur while taking little interest in the robbery.

"Codi! Let's help!"

"...What?" Alli missed the surprise in his voice, and turned to dash.

"Onwards!" Both Alli and Codi took off at the same time, but unfortunately, in different directions. Alli screeched to a halt when she noticed her Lopunny heading the wrong way, and quickly went to chase after him. Surprisingly, he stopped on his own accord when he noticed a group of young women, causing Alli to run into his back.

"C'mon Codi! We gotta save that lady's Shelly!" Alli pulled his long ears while trying to climb up onto his back. Codi was torn, unsure if he wanted to run away or use this opportunity to show off. Presently, he wasn't doing either, and having his trainer attempt to climb up him in front of everyone was extremely awkward. Bending down, he lifted Alli onto his back piggyback style, and hopped up onto a roof top.

"I think he went that way! Let's go!"

"How about we only pretend to go? That way, I still look good."

"Pluto would help!"

"Only if there was prize money involved."
    Codi charmingly smiled down to the group of women.

"You realize those are humans, right?"

"I'm not that picky, Little Bun."
    Alli tilted her head to the side before tugging on Codi's ears like horse reins.

"But we gotta save Shelly!"

"You don't even know what that Shelly is!"

"It could be a Pokemon."

"It could be just a doll."

"That poor doll. Let's go!" Codi was defeated by this statement, and hopped the two of them over to the next roof, and then to the next, while in pursuit of that man with the Poochyena.

Now with 100% more left alignment! :D
    Last edited by allishinca; 31st December 2012 at 11:23 PM.

Mon1010: Looking for magic and mystery you set out upon your journey into the mystical Forest of Adventure. Your first steps into this magical wonderland are hopeful indeed, the magnificent sight like nothing you had expected as the forest's beauty is well hidden from the outside in a bid to keep unwelcome visitors away. The path you are travelling breaks into smaller ones leading in different directions leaving you spoiled for choice in relation to which direction you'd like to travel. The array of plants, bushes and trees containing fruits, flowers, and nectars create not only a beautiful visual display, but an aromatic one as well. Despite all this, you've been walking for a while now without having yet come across anything "adventurous", and are hoping the forest will live up to its reputation in the very near future. Walking a little while longer you hear a frightened squawk and look up to find a little Taillow tangled up in a net. It's sounding rather weak as it appears to have been struggling to escape for some time now without any luck. A more concerning aspect is the very hungry looking Ariados watching Taillow from a nearby tree branch, practically salivating at the thought of such an easy, juicy meal ripe for the picking...
    As Scott continued down the path, he saw all kinds of plantlife. While most of them were ordinary trees and bushes, they contained colorful flowers and fruits created a lovely image, like one you would see in a painting. It even smelled nice too.

Pretty as it may be, Scott didn't come to this forest to smell the flowers. He wanted adventure, and so far, nothing particularly adventurous was happening. He hoped that was about to change when he heard the sound of a frightened squawk. Upon running a little further ahead to find the source of the sound, he encountered a Taillow wrapped up in a net. It's cries sounded rather weak, like it had been stuck there for a while now, and it had exhauted itself trying to escape. Even more worrisome (well, for the Taillow,) was an Ariados sitting on a nearby tree branch, staring at the entangled bird like it was lunch. Scott raised an eyebrow at the sight of it. That's weird, spiders don't normally eat birds... Nevertheless, he figured the right thing to do in this situation was to help the small bird. So, he walked up to it, and tried his best to untangle the net, and help free the bird. "What the heck happened here?" He wondered aloud.

Meanwhile, Shaana looked uneasily at the nearby Ariados. "Munna, mun!" She exclaimed, trying to bring the Bug type to his attention.

"What? That? I wouldn't worry about it. It's not doing anything wrong. Besides, if it does become a thing, you can handle it. Even if you are weak to Bug, Ariados is still part Poison, and therefore weak to Psychic as well."
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 1st January 2013 at 2:22 AM.

OkikuMew: Setting out into the vast Desert of Illusion, you hope you can find at least one of the fabled villages said to be hidden here. Although sceptical, you wouldn't be here if you didn't think, or at the very least hope, there is some truth to the rumours. Himiko accompanies you on your journey, the heat and humidity affecting her just as much as it does you, though clad in black you should have guessed you'd be asking for trouble when venturing into this type of area. After several uneventful hours including short rests under whatever kind of shade you can find, you're beginning to wonder what on earth you're doing here when you hear the unmistakeable sound of bawling from some kind of Pokémon. Exchanging a quick, worried glance with Himiko, you both rush in the direction of the pitiful sound, soon finding a distraught little Phanpy who appears to be injured. Upon seeing you approach its eyes widen in terror and it bawls louder, but clearly there is no help nearby. Now that you're close you can see the reason for its fear and your gut wrenches as it becomes clear that someone has deliberately left it here if not to die then certainly in a deliberate act of torture. All four of Phanpy's legs are tied with rope to a thick metal peg that's been pounded deeply into the hard desert floor and the more the little Pokémon struggles to escape, the more tangled it is becoming. Its skin is chafed rather badly, the rope burn on its legs and even its trunk from where its tried to loosen the ropes, is quite severe. You're going to need to gain Phanpy's trust if you have any hope of helping it, but it appears Phanpy is far too frightened to listen...
    The duo bravely marched into the desert, hoping to find at least something, hopefully a clue to the mysterious villages, within those dunes. As she wiped her forehead with a white cloth, Okiku grumbled under her breath she oversaw her attire for the trip and how she needed more color in her clothing, or at least have something other than black t-shirts. She was at least glad she brought a big amount of water and non-salted, naturally sugared and water-filled food, and planned her route to take breaks at rare spots with shade, usually from large rocks that sprinkled the huge sea of sand. Things started to look bleak, however, as the hours past without spotting anything worth noting or having any kind of important event, to the point the trainer wondered why in the world she came here in the first place, one being quite sensitive to weather, especially to heat...

But a sudden and painful cry echoed within the woman's and her Espeon's ears. Eager to finally have a bit of action and worried of the situation of the source of the sound, the two looked at each other, nodded in acknowledgement of thinking the same thing, then ran in the direction of the wailing. They met up with a young and terrified Phanpy. Okiku looked at it with an expression on her face mixed of sadness and disgust, evaluating its horrible composure: its legs all tied up by a rope and held down by a metal peg pinned to the ground, completely dehydrated, burnt by the cord wrapped around his limbs, and its trunk severely bruised in likely its desperate attempts to free itself.

"Oh my goodness, the poor thing..." Okiku thought aloud as she tried to wrap her mind around the idea of someone abandoning a young Pokémon in such a harsh place far from civilization.

She approached the elephant Pokémon to try to at least untangle it from the rope, but it desperately scrambled away from her in fear. Seeing its reaction, the trainer backed away from it and frowned, feeling sorry for it. She couldn't leave it alone and forget about helping it though, so she thought she should approach it with small acts of kindness first.

"Hey Himiko," she asked to her Espeon, "mind if I borrow your water bowl for the Phanpy to drink and eat from it?"

"Espeee," the purple-haired Pokémon nodded in compliance.

After thanking her good friend, the girl got on her knees, removed her bag from her back, dug into it and took out a fancy-looking red bowl, a jug of water, some grapefruit, a cucumber and lettuce. Using her pocketknife, she cut and rip bits and pieces of the fruit and vegetables, drop them in the bowl, then filled the rest of the recipient with water. She then placed on the ground the strange and water-filled salad bowl and very slowly pushed it towards the Phanpy.

"Shhhh, there you go buddy," she whispered to it, "have some of this. It's alright, I brought too much stuff for the trip in case anyhow. Don't take everything too fast now though," she warned it, "your stomach might get upset with the sudden food it'll get!"

As she chuckled a bit, she got an idea to help the tiny elephant even further: she moved herself between the sun and the injured Pokémon so her body's shadow is cast on the Pokémon. After making sure it had the most amount of shade it could get from her, Okiku carefully watched the Phanpy, wondering if the meal she made will make it feel better and, just as importantly, will make it trust her enough that she can approach it and free it from its demise.

Escalion: Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong with your reply other than minor self-updating (deciding upon the conditions). I did notice there were a couple of points, however, where it would have been perfect to end your post. I'm not sure if you kept writing to try and lengthen your post or if it was for RP purposes. If it's for RPing then fine, but if it's length you were looking for please keep in mind that longer isn't always better. Nice job, though, especially for your first attempt ^^.

Waking to another chill morning you can't help but be a little resentful of your father who has sent you to this dreary region in search of ore. Why he would send you, who has no experience in the mining industry, as opposed to someone who knows what to look for, is anyone's guess, but rather than dwelling on the matter you simply pack up your belongings and head off up the mountainside in search of anything that looks like it may lead to somewhere useful. You've not trekked far when you hear what sounds like a fight ahead and upon rounding the bend in the trail stop dead in your tracks as you witness a Snorunt and Geodude yelling loudly at one another. You've no idea what their argument is about, but Snorunt looks very upset while Geodude seems to be enjoying seeing how agitated Snorunt is becoming. A moment later Geodude ends the argument by throwing a small, solid object at Snorunt before turning around and heading into a mineshaft in the mountainside. Snorunt yelps, the rock that hit it glinting brightly in the weak sunlight and you suddenly realise it's a nugget of gold. Snorunt then proceeds to pick up the golden nugget and race into the mineshaft after Geodude, leaving you wondering what on earth just happened. Whatever the case, Geodude just hurled a piece of gold like it was a worthless rock, and where there is one nugget there are sure to be more. The question is, do you really want to enter that rickety old mineshaft looking for gold, or would you rather continue on and hope to find something in a much safer area?

Rowan and his Roggenrola started looking for ore early in the cold morning, Rowan, though still a tad resentful, feeling that he could better make the best of this trip and his Roggenrola happy as always.

After only a short walk, it couldn't have been more than 10 minutes since they left the camp site, Roggenrola stops. Rowan looks at her wondering what she's doing. She turns around a bit, as if she's trying to focus on something she's hearing, before she slowly walks up the mountain again. Rowan follows her and it does not take long before he starts to hear something too. As the two walk closer to the sound they can hear it does not sound good.

"Something is going on up there," Rowan says, "we should investigate, maybe someone needs our help." And so they continue to walk in the direction of the sound.

"Wait, are those Pokémon fighting?" Rowan asks his Roggerola. "Rog, roggenrola." she answers, both are close enough now to witness what is happening.

Only a couple of meters in front of them, near the entrance of one of the many old mining shafts, two Pokémon are yelling loudly at each other. Rowan takes out his Pokédex to check them out. He aims the devise at the two Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokédex
    Snorunt, the Snow Hat Pokémon. Snorunt primarily inhabits very snowy regions. It has long been said that any home visited by a Snorunt will be blessed with good fortune.
    Geodude, the Rock Pokémon. At rest, it looks just like a rock. Carelessly stepping on it will make it swing its fists angrily.
    Rowan and Roggelrola continue the follow the scene that is unfolding before them. They have no idea what is going on between the two, but they can see that the Snorunt is upset and is getting agitated, while Geodude on the other hand seems the enjoy it. As Snorunt tries to argue more Geodude abruptly ends it by throwing a small rock at its opponent before turning around and heading into the mineshaft in the mountainside. The rock hits the Snorunt hard and it cries it out from the pain as the rock lands in the snow before its feet. Rowan sees it happening and notices that the rock is glinting brightly in the weak sunlight. He takes a good look it.

"Wait, that rock, it's not a rock is it? A rock doesn't glitter like that right?" Rowan asks himself before he exclaims: "It's a gold nugget! And if there is one, there have to be more too!"

As soon as Rowan realizes what it is the Snorunt picks the nugget up and runs after the Geodude into the mineshaft and Rowan and Roggenrola walk towards the mineshaft themselves.

"Well my dear Roggenrola, I have no idea what just happened, but it appears we might find what we are looking for after all," Rowan says to his Pokémon, "but I don't really feel like checking out this particular mineshaft. This mine looks like it could collapse anytime and I don't want to be in there when that happens. I say we walk up the mountain a bit more. See if there are safer looking mines. The mines here are amongst the oldest, closer to the top are newer ones, I think. Those should be safer for us to venture into."

But Roggenrola has other ideas. "Rog rog rog rog rog," she exclaims enthusiastically while she jumps around near the mine entrance, not even listening to what her trainer is saying, her taste for adventure is taking over.

"Come on girl, lets go that way," Rowan says to the little Rock type, pointing to the top of the mountain. But to no avail, Roggenrola has run into the mine already, quickly disappearing out of sight.

"Arg! I should call you Trouble, just for YOUR knack of getting ME into it! Now I will surely get my cloths all dirty! Now come here before we both get lost!" Rowan shouts after his disobedient Pokémon, but all he hears is a echoing "Roggenrola!" as he runs after her into the old mine.

Mon1010: Unconcerned with the Ariados, you concentrate your efforts on trying to free Taillow, the tiny swallow chirping with fright as you near it. Its squawks become steadily louder as its fear increases, its little wings flapping madly despite the fact the poor thing is all pooped out. Shaana watches curiously, eyeing the Ariados as well, hoping it won't cause any trouble for her trainer, but the arachnid doesn't seem to have any special interest in what's going on, it's just watching proceedings curiously. Taillow eventually falls quiet and still, its little chest heaving, finally giving you the opportunity to free it from the net when you hear a twig snap behind you. Spinning around you find yourself face to face with a poacher whose net you'd just removed the little Pokémon laying exhausted in your hand. He glances from you to Taillow to the net, then back to you. Meeting your gaze he says calmly, "I believe you have something that belongs to me..."

allishinca: Though it takes a while to get started, you finally find yourself on the tail of the thief who has stolen "Shelly" and in a surprising twist find yourself staring at a manhole cover in the street they'd just slipped through which is an entrance to Mediville's underground sewerage system. Codi stops dead, flat-out refusing to go there, so you're going to have to either give him no choice in the matter, bribe him in some way, or give up on Shelly and go about your own business, forgetting about the poor distressed woman who has just run up behind you, panting heavily.

"Oh that RAT!" she cries, not seeming all too surprised to find you standing here. "He always does this, sneaking away into the sewers because he knows nobody will follow him there. That's how he's gotten away with stealing so many things, including our Pokémon!"

The woman can tell you're clearly confused and continues. "Mediville is renowned for the prize Pokémon we produce. From Miltank and Tauros, Rapidash, Mareep, Tepig, Ducklett, and in my case... Clamperl."

You raise an eyebrow and she nods, "Yes, Clamperl. I own a Clamperl farm down by the river, and use their pearls to make jewellery. It's how I make a living. I needed to bring our youngest Clamperl into my jewellery shop today because she's sick and I didn't want to leave her unattended at home."

The woman's voice catches in her thoat and she starts crying again. "And that's when he turned up," she chokes, her voice barely audible. "I'd only turned my back for a moment and she was gone."

She can see Codi's expression, her eyes flitting from your face to his, and although she can see the sympathy in your eyes she's not convinced you're sympathetic enough to be trekking into the sewers. "I'd go down there myself, but I can't fit through that tiny little hole," she continues, gesturing to her ample frame which, in all likelihood, really can't fit down the hole, but she can tell you're still not sold and tries one last time.

"The sewers lead to all areas of Mediville, and the concrete paths are clean. Some of us used to play down there as children so I know that as long as you don't divert from the paths themselves you can't possibly get dirty down there. The smell may not be fantastic, but you don't notice after a while. If you can find any clue as to where they are hiding out I'll send others out to face this thief, but the longer we stand here the further away he's getting and we may not be able to find him."

"Please?" she adds in a last-ditch sympathy effort, her big brown eyes full of hope.

"For Shelly..."

OkikuMew: At first the frightened Phanpy wants nothing to do with you, scrambling as far away as its bonds will allow, but the kindness of your actions and your gentle tone of voice help it to realise that you are not here to harm it. It's still not sure it wants you near it, however, but you're determined to keep it company until it's willing to let you help it, and so over the next couple of hours you do just that. Talking to Phanpy, ensuring it's shielded as much as possible from the sun, offering it food and water, and in general demonstrating kindness while inching ever so much closer until it eventually allows you near enough to touch the rope it is bound with. At first Phanpy flinches away so you back off and try again until it allows you to first free one of its legs, then another, and another. By the time you've reached its final leg it's stopped flinching unless you happen to brush against one of its wounds, and when it's finally free it just sits there, tired and exhausted, looking you up and down warily. Again offering food and water to Phanpy it looks like it's about to make a move toward it when you hear the faint sound of an engine approaching. Phanpy's eyes open wide and it shrieks, terrified, and turns and bolts off into the desert, disappearing behind a rocky plateau some two hundred metres away. Sighing as you're not sure you'll see the little one again, and a bit annoyed the approaching vehicle had managed to frighten Phanpy away, you begin walking in the direction the little Pokémon had run when you hear a voice yell out, "Hey!" Highly tempted to ignore them you turn slowly to find a bulky guy in khaki's and a white shirt hanging out the passenger side of a jeep while the driver glares at you accusingly. "Where did it go?!" he demanded, his eyes almost as black as his hair that is tied into a ponytail. He does not state what "it" is, but there is no mistaking he's referring to the little Phanpy who just bolted for its life...

Ex-Admiral Insane: Taking the inscriptions on the wall into account you steer clear of the ruby door because if there is any chance at all that red means you have a bloody path ahead of you then there's no way in hell you're going down that road. Additionally, with Rags dead set against taking the sapphire door you agree to humour him this time, but only this time, and take the only passage that is left - the emerald door. Pushing against the heavy sandstone door you feel it yield and walk through with a smile, eager to discover what lays beyond. Rags tags along behind, albeit reluctantly, though relieved you'd not continued on with the right-hand passage. The chamber you enter looks very similar to the one you'd just left, the only difference being the inscriptions, the gems, and the Gloom statue in the middle of the room. You again have the choice of three doors to take as the one you've just walked through has now become a dead end. Unable to return the way you've come you know you can only move forward and take note of the beautiful golden quartz embedded in the door to your left, a milky white quartz in the door ahead, and dark smoky quartz to your right. Wondering if there truly is any meaning to the colours or if they're simply beautiful gems in an ancient tomb your thoughts are interrupted when you see a flicker of movement in your peripheral vision and turn to see Rags staring at the Gloom statue. Following his stare you move forward to read the inscription only to feel a tile beneath your foot sink a couple of centimetres, but it's the accompanying ominous click that has your heart leaping into your throat. You're pretty sure you've just activated a trap of some sort but are not yet sure what kind of trap and so focus on the inscription, hoping it will give you a clue.

Green is for grass so the challenge you'll face
    With toxic spores quickly filling your space,
    Is to triumph against impossible odds
    Or be the next offering to our Gods.

Knowing you'll need to remove your foot at some stage since you've already triggered the trap anyway, and the odds of anyone finding you way out here in order to help are next to none, you step away only to find the Gloom statue is gently spraying poisonous spores into the room. This explains the first part of the riddle, but what about the second half? It seems Rags has discovered this, however, as a little Gloom wanders out from beneath the statue, ready to battle. Well, well, this is interesting. Perhaps the odds aren't so impossible after all, but the question is whether or not Rags can defeat it before you're both poisoned to death. Better not waste any time...

Escalion: Being the feisty little thing that she is Roggenrola has no interest in listening to reasoning and so darts into the mineshaft before you can stop her. Having no choice now but to go after your companion you race after her, following the sound of her voice as the tunnel becomes steadily darker. There is a light rail track leading downward into the mine, an overturned cart partially blocking the tunnel, but you scramble over it and continue on desperate to find Roggenrola. You notice a torch still in its holster on the tunnel wall and grab it, hoping to find something with which to light it so the flame can not only shed some light on your surroundings, but also provide you with some warmth as it's becoming steadily colder down here. Eventually you hear a faint, "Rog?" and follow the sound to find your little Pokémon standing at the entrance to a cavern faintly lit by a small stream of sunlight that is filtering in through a hole in its ceiling. Abandoned mining equipment litters the cavern which is actually rather large, but you see no sign of either Geodude or Snorunt. Simply wanting to get your Pokémon and get out of here it seems Roggenrola has other ideas. "Rog!" she cries excitedly, racing across the cavern to another tunnel on the other side. Sighing in frustration you follow, spying a cart full of shiny golden nuggets on the track ready to be transported out of here. Then you hear it. "Rog!" "Geodude!" "Snorunt!" Rog, rog, rog!" "GEODUDE!" "Snorunt!" Finally catching up with the three of them you find Roggenrola standing between Geodude and Snorunt, attempting to be the mediator but it doesn't seem either party is all that interested in her input. Looking around the cavern you can see it's icy cold, perfect conditions for a little Snorunt, and a picture starts to form in your mind as Geodude tries to block Snorunt's entry. It appears Snorunt lives in this cavern, and that Geodude is trying to move in, bullying the little Snow Hat Pokémon until it complies. It doesn't appear Snorunt is one to take shyte from anyone, though, and is firmly standing its ground. At that moment, however, another Geodude appears and the two face off against Snorunt, daring it to fight them both. Hmm, two against one doesn't really seem a fair fight though, does it?

Ex-Admiral Insane: Taking the inscriptions on the wall into account you steer clear of the ruby door because if there is any chance at all that red means you have a bloody path ahead of you then there's no way in hell you're going down that road. Additionally, with Rags dead set against taking the sapphire door you agree to humour him this time, but only this time, and take the only passage that is left - the emerald door. Pushing against the heavy sandstone door you feel it yield and walk through with a smile, eager to discover what lays beyond. Rags tags along behind, albeit reluctantly, though relieved you'd not continued on with the right-hand passage. The chamber you enter looks very similar to the one you'd just left, the only difference being the inscriptions, the gems, and the Gloom statue in the middle of the room. You again have the choice of three doors to take as the one you've just walked through has now become a dead end. Unable to return the way you've come you know you can only move forward and take note of the beautiful golden quartz embedded in the door to your left, a milky white quartz in the door ahead, and dark smoky quartz to your right. Wondering if there truly is any meaning to the colours or if they're simply beautiful gems in an ancient tomb your thoughts are interrupted when you see a flicker of movement in your peripheral vision and turn to see Rags staring at the Gloom statue. Following his stare you move forward to read the inscription only to feel a tile beneath your foot sink a couple of centimetres, but it's the accompanying ominous click that has your heart leaping into your throat. You're pretty sure you've just activated a trap of some sort but are not yet sure what kind of trap and so focus on the inscription, hoping it will give you a clue.

Green is for grass so the challenge you'll face
    With toxic spores quickly filling your space,
    Is to triumph against impossible odds
    Or be the next offering to our Gods.

Knowing you'll need to remove your foot at some stage since you've already triggered the trap anyway, and the odds of anyone finding you way out here in order to help are next to none, you step away only to find the Gloom statue is gently spraying poisonous spores into the room. This explains the first part of the riddle, but what about the second half? It seems Rags has discovered this, however, as a little Gloom wanders out from beneath the statue, ready to battle. Well, well, this is interesting. Perhaps the odds aren't so impossible after all, but the question is whether or not Rags can defeat it before you're both poisoned to death. Better not waste any time...
    "****, I can't believe I activated a trap. What now?" Lucas was panicking about the poison the statue was emitting. "It can't be too much trouble, right? We leave this room and we're done?"
    "Ruu," Rags said softly.
    Lucas looked where Rags was pointing at and noticed another smaller statue beaneath the big one that looked exactly the same. "What? Another statue? What's that for?
    "Ral!" Rags was terrified as he saw the litle statue moving. He was clinging to Lucas' leg now, almost crying.
    "Stop it Rags! I don't like it when you mimic my emotions!" The Ralts looked up at his trainer as if he had just admitted. "No. I mean, you should stop pretending like I'm scared." He gave a nervous chuckle. His pokémon had the tendency to reveal his true colors, which didn't really make Lucas feel comfortable at times. He had just slipped the fact that he wasn't so brave about this tomb any more.

Rags was already loosening his grip on Lucas and seemed to have calmed down. Lucas was gazing at the smaller statue, having realized it was actually a pokémon.
    Oops.
    It didn't seem like the Pokémon was friendly enough to help them out. Rather, it was probably there to stall them while the poison was slowly sapping their health.
    The young man took a deep breath. Inhaling through his nose before breathing out from his mouth. It was usually calming but this time he could feel some of the poison sinking in from that last long breath.

He looked up, ready to start actually thinking about what to do. He had already wasted too much time and every second counted. "I'm guessing this must be a poison type if it doesn't have any problem with the statue's poisonous spray." Rags said nothing, trusting his trainer's judgement. Lucas checked his Pokédex to be sure.

Gloom, the Weed Pokémon. It gives off a powerful aroma that can cause those to smell it to faint from two miles away.
    "I was right Rags! Okay, get ready." He looked at Rags, who knew what his trainer wanted, but this was to be their first battle and the circumstances weren't exactly in their favour. However, his trainer's confidence helped him and he adapted the same enthusiasm to step forward. He too, was starting to feel the poison with every movement he made.

"Start with a Double Team and a Confuse Ray. Try not to miss."
    "Ru," the Ralts nodded with confiidence as he got ready to issue his very first commands of his very first battle.

Rags had understood his trainer's plan and approved of it. The Double Team wasn't mearly meant to evade Gloom's next incoming attacks but also to try and make the Confuse Ray even more confusing with the additional 'clones' of himself. Most importantly, it was to cut Gloom off from reaching Lucas so easily. Lucas had already planned to try and surpass their combatant so as to investigate the doors. Though he was still going to keep an eye on his Pokémon's battle.
    There might be a clue as to the next passageways. At the very least, I could try opening some of the doors to try and air this room from it's filth.

OkikuMew: At first the frightened Phanpy wants nothing to do with you, scrambling as far away as its bonds will allow, but the kindness of your actions and your gentle tone of voice help it to realise that you are not here to harm it. It's still not sure it wants you near it, however, but you're determined to keep it company until it's willing to let you help it, and so over the next couple of hours you do just that. Talking to Phanpy, ensuring it's shielded as much as possible from the sun, offering it food and water, and in general demonstrating kindness while inching ever so much closer until it eventually allows you near enough to touch the rope it is bound with. At first Phanpy flinches away so you back off and try again until it allows you to first free one of its legs, then another, and another. By the time you've reached its final leg it's stopped flinching unless you happen to brush against one of its wounds, and when it's finally free it just sits there, tired and exhausted, looking you up and down warily. Again offering food and water to Phanpy it looks like it's about to make a move toward it when you hear the faint sound of an engine approaching. Phanpy's eyes open wide and it shrieks, terrified, and turns and bolts off into the desert, disappearing behind a rocky plateau some two hundred metres away. Sighing as you're not sure you'll see the little one again, and a bit annoyed the approaching vehicle had managed to frighten Phanpy away, you begin walking in the direction the little Pokémon had run when you hear a voice yell out, "Hey!" Highly tempted to ignore them you turn slowly to find a bulky guy in khaki's and a white shirt hanging out the passenger side of a jeep while the driver glares at you accusingly. "Where did it go?!" he demanded, his eyes almost as black as his hair that is tied into a ponytail. He does not state what "it" is, but there is no mistaking he's referring to the little Phanpy who just bolted for its life...
    Okiku's idea she thought it would take just a few minutes to win the Phanpy's trust instead took hours. With some talking, tempting to give it food and water, moving around the Pokémon in sync of her own shadow to make sure the shade is on it and a lot of patience, she was finally able to approach it and free it from its shackles one by one.

Glad it was no longer afraid of her, the woman approached it and offered the contents of her Himiko's bowl. But as soon as the young elephant started to move its trunk towards the makeshift meal, a roaring motor echoed in the far reaches of the desert. The Phanpy, panicked, immediately dashed away from the sound, leaving Okiku and Himiko behind.

"W-wait!" Okiku mumbled in surprise.

To her disappointment, it didn't hear her and disappeared into a rocky plateau. The trainer and her Espeon sighed in unison, wishing that the loud vehicle didn't passed around here and the Phanpy would be seen again. As the duo slowly walked in the direction of the plateau, the engine noise was getting louder and louder, then a shout barely covered the mechanical cacophony. Although she wanted to ignore it and continue the pursuit of the small Pokémon, Okiku turned around and looked towards the scream, which revealed to be two men in a jeep, both wearing light army-based clothing, glaring menacingly towards her.

"Where did it go!?" the passenger asked her.

The girl put two and two together and deduced they were at least related to the Phanpy's poor earlier situation. Not wanting to happen again, she did a bit of quick thinking for her answer.

"What did go?" Okiku answered while giving the men the best acted (but not exaggerated) confused look she had. "The only thing I saw since I entered the desert was boulders, cacti, dried bones, mirages of water and sand," she then continued with a slightly more honest exasperated look, "And saw no freaking signs of an abandoned village! Pfft, and no Pokémon either, other than the ones I care for... Stupid, inaccurate pamphlets, eh?" she sighed, then chuckled. "It's all just crap for trainers like me to get lost into."
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 10th January 2013 at 1:09 AM. Reason: Correcting typo.

The FB Training Zone

It was a hot day in the desert of illusion. Well that was to be expected just like everything else there. Well almost. There was something unusual. There was actually a human traveling through the desert. Well a human and a pokemon were. And they were both ready to find the unknown. Would they however was the big question.

Alright Telpo(Abra) let's go! Said Jake walking through the desert of illusion with his Abra floating beside him. Remind me again why we are here master? Asked Telpo (Abra) via telepathy to his new trainer. Well Telpoo there's been rumors floating around recently about two special villages located in this Desert and I want to find one of them to see if the rumors are true said Jake. Sounds fun master said Telpo in a some what sarcastic tone. It WILL be fun Telpo said Jake hearing Telpo's "thrill of excitement" I feel that there is a 95% chance that the heat will ruin this trip.Stated Telpo clearly hating the heat. Well what ever a little heat won't ruin my mood said Jake before looking up into the sky. It looks like it's about noon right now,want to take a break Telpo? Asked Jake before sitting down and taking out his water bottle. Here Telpo have a drink it's going to be getting even hotter soon said Jake before wiping of his head of sweat. Thank you master! Said Telpo before taking a long swig of water. Alright Telpo let's go! Said Jake hoping to find an adventure awaiting.
    Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 10th January 2013 at 6:45 AM.

Escalion: Being the feisty little thing that she is Roggenrola has no interest in listening to reasoning and so darts into the mineshaft before you can stop her. Having no choice now but to go after your companion you race after her, following the sound of her voice as the tunnel becomes steadily darker. There is a light rail track leading downward into the mine, an overturned cart partially blocking the tunnel, but you scramble over it and continue on desperate to find Roggenrola. You notice a torch still in its holster on the tunnel wall and grab it, hoping to find something with which to light it so the flame can not only shed some light on your surroundings, but also provide you with some warmth as it's becoming steadily colder down here. Eventually you hear a faint, "Rog?" and follow the sound to find your little Pokémon standing at the entrance to a cavern faintly lit by a small stream of sunlight that is filtering in through a hole in its ceiling. Abandoned mining equipment litters the cavern which is actually rather large, but you see no sign of either Geodude or Snorunt. Simply wanting to get your Pokémon and get out of here it seems Roggenrola has other ideas. "Rog!" she cries excitedly, racing across the cavern to another tunnel on the other side. Sighing in frustration you follow, spying a cart full of shiny golden nuggets on the track ready to be transported out of here. Then you hear it. "Rog!" "Geodude!" "Snorunt!" Rog, rog, rog!" "GEODUDE!" "Snorunt!" Finally catching up with the three of them you find Roggenrola standing between Geodude and Snorunt, attempting to be the mediator but it doesn't seem either party is all that interested in her input. Looking around the cavern you can see it's icy cold, perfect conditions for a little Snorunt, and a picture starts to form in your mind as Geodude tries to block Snorunt's entry. It appears Snorunt lives in this cavern, and that Geodude is trying to move in, bullying the little Snow Hat Pokémon until it complies. It doesn't appear Snorunt is one to take shyte from anyone, though, and is firmly standing its ground. At that moment, however, another Geodude appears and the two face off against Snorunt, daring it to fight them both. Hmm, two against one doesn't really seem a fair fight though, does it?

As Rowan continues to follow his Roggenrola into the tunnel, relying on her sounds as a guild for direction, he notices the tunnel is getting darker. He moves along a light rail track that leads him into the mine. An overturned cart is blocking his way but Rowan manages to get past it, desperate to find his Pokémon.

"Why can't she just listen for once?" Rowan sighs and complains, "Now I have to venture into this dark, cold cave to find her again. And I really need to find something get some light, or even better, warmth." Rowan looks around to see if there is anything he could use that serves his purpose when he notices an old torch in its holster on the wall. "This might be of help, if I can find something to lit it with," Rowan says as he proceeds to grab the torch and walks further into the mine in search of something to fire up the tool. Not long after Rowan hears a faint "Rog?" and he follows the sound to find his little Roggenrola.

"There you are," says Rowan when he sees his Pokémon standing at the entrance of a cavern that is faintly lit by a small stream of sunlight filtering through the roof. He takes a look through the cavern. The place is littered with old mining equipment, but it looks to be quite large.

"Hmm... big place, but no Geodude or Snorunt here, so lets go Roggenrola, I..." Rowan gets no time to finish his sentence. The words 'Geodude or Snorunt' excited Roggenrola to jump around again and she runs off across the cavern excitingly shouting "Rog!" Rowan sighs in frustration, "There we go again."

Rowan runs after his Pokémon and notices a cart full of shiny nuggets of gold. 'I better make sure to take some of those with me on the way back.' making a mental note of it as he enters the tunnel on the other side of the cavern. Then he hears sounds coming from a bit further done the shaft: "Rog!" "Geodude!" "Snorunt!" "Rog, rog, rog!" "GEODUDE!" "Snorunt!"

When Rowan has finally caught up with the three Pokémon he sees his Roggenrola standing between the two fighting Pokémon, acting like a mediator even though both Geodude and Snorunt seem to have no interest in listening to her input. Rowan looks around to try and figure out what is going on and why the Rock and Snow Hat Pokémon are fighting in the first place. He sees that the cavern in front of him has the perfect living conditions for a little Snorunt and a picture comes to his mind. 'I think this place belongs to Snorunt and that Geodude tries to take it for himself and that that is why he is blocking the entrance. And it would explain the events from outside and why Geodude looked so pleased back then.'

Geodude keeps bullying the Snorunt, and Roggenrola keeps trying in intervene to no avail, but the Ice Type doesn't take anything from the Geodude and most certainly looks to have no plans of surrendering its living quarters as it firmly stands it's ground. However, at that moment a second Geodude arrives from inside the cavern, also facing off against the Snorunt, daring it to fight the both of them.

"Roggenrola, come here, NOW!" Rowan yells at his Pokémon, "There is no use in catching attacks from both sides by standing in-between them there. Let's just ..." He wanted to say "go" but Rowan cannot say the word as something starts to gnaw at him. 'No, this is wrong,' he thinks, 'I cannot let this happen, I've been raised to be a gentleman at all time and look at me now. I act like a scared little kid lost in a cave. No, not anymore!' He straightens his back. "No, not anymore! I will not allow this! Fight fair and square or not at all!" Rowan shouts at the Geodude and then turns to his Roggenrola: "Please continue to mediate and inform Snorunt we will help it. And if it is a fight those Geodude want, use Harden and follow that up with Earth Power."

allishinca: Though it takes a while to get started, you finally find yourself on the tail of the thief who has stolen "Shelly" and in a surprising twist find yourself staring at a manhole cover in the street they'd just slipped through which is an entrance to Mediville's underground sewerage system. Codi stops dead, flat-out refusing to go there, so you're going to have to either give him no choice in the matter, bribe him in some way, or give up on Shelly and go about your own business, forgetting about the poor distressed woman who has just run up behind you, panting heavily.

"Oh that RAT!" she cries, not seeming all too surprised to find you standing here. "He always does this, sneaking away into the sewers because he knows nobody will follow him there. That's how he's gotten away with stealing so many things, including our Pokémon!"

The woman can tell you're clearly confused and continues. "Mediville is renowned for the prize Pokémon we produce. From Miltank and Tauros, Rapidash, Mareep, Tepig, Ducklett, and in my case... Clamperl."

You raise an eyebrow and she nods, "Yes, Clamperl. I own a Clamperl farm down by the river, and use their pearls to make jewellery. It's how I make a living. I needed to bring our youngest Clamperl into my jewellery shop today because she's sick and I didn't want to leave her unattended at home."

The woman's voice catches in her thoat and she starts crying again. "And that's when he turned up," she chokes, her voice barely audible. "I'd only turned my back for a moment and she was gone."

She can see Codi's expression, her eyes flitting from your face to his, and although she can see the sympathy in your eyes she's not convinced you're sympathetic enough to be trekking into the sewers. "I'd go down there myself, but I can't fit through that tiny little hole," she continues, gesturing to her ample frame which, in all likelihood, really can't fit down the hole, but she can tell you're still not sold and tries one last time.

"The sewers lead to all areas of Mediville, and the concrete paths are clean. Some of us used to play down there as children so I know that as long as you don't divert from the paths themselves you can't possibly get dirty down there. The smell may not be fantastic, but you don't notice after a while. If you can find any clue as to where they are hiding out I'll send others out to face this thief, but the longer we stand here the further away he's getting and we may not be able to find him."

"Please?" she adds in a last-ditch sympathy effort, her big brown eyes full of hope.

"For Shelly..."
    Riding about the rooftops on Codi's back, Alli sees the thief turn around another house and disappear into a dead end alley. Jumping down, Alli dismounts Codi, and turns around the corner only to find their target had vanished.

"He's gone!" Seeing that it was safe, Codi walked into the alleyway. It was blocked off by the back of another house at the rear, and while cargo boxes were stacked up alongside the walls, there were none high enough for the criminal to have escaped over the rooftops. Furthermore, they would of seen him if he had done so. Alli ran about the alleyway in confusion.

"Here you go, Little Bun." Codi looked down at a manhole cover. "They must of escaped down the sewers." Alli ran up and tried to life the manhole cover, but found that she was not strong enough. She turned and looked up at Codi with large eyes.

"Yeah, no. Not happening."

"Aww, but Codi!" They had little time to argue as the distressed women ran up behind them. "Oh that rat! He always does this, sneaking away into the sewers because he know nobody will follow him there. That's how he's gotten away with stealing so many things, including our Pokemon!" Alli ran up to the troubled women in an attempt to comfort her. "Mediville is renowned for the prize Pokemon we produce. From Miltank and Tauros, Rapidash, Mareep, Tepig, Ducklett, and in my case... Clamperl."

Alli's head flopped to the side. She had been following that list of Pokemon pretty well, until that last one. "Yes, Clamperl. I own a Clamperl farm down by the river, and use their pearls to make jewelery. It's how I make a living. I needed to bring our youngest Clamperl into my jewelery shop today because she's sick and I didn't want to leave her unattended at home."

The woman's eyes began to water. "And that's when he turned up," she chokes, her voice barely audible. "I'd only turned my back for a moment and she was gone." Alli's wide eyes were full of sympathy, and while she wasn't sure what a Clamperl was, she felt bad for the sick little creature getting entangled in this whole mess. Codi was still being selfishly stubborn, and wished that they had not trapped themselves in the dead end alley with a bawling women. "I'd go down there myself, but I can't fit through that tiny little hole." The sewer entrance was small, even though a certain tiny trainer and her skinny Lopunny could fit through just fine.

"Please? For Shelly..." Alli turned around and faced her Lopunny with an astounding about of determination in her eyes. Codi took a step back, a little unnerved by his trainer's sudden change in ferocity.

"Well I'm going to help get that little Shelly back whether you are coming or not!" The lady looked relieved as Alli went over to the manhole cover and attempted fruitlessly to pull it open.

"You're such a pain, Little Bun." Codi came over and lifted up the manhole cover, pulling Alli up along with it. When their eyes met, Alli smiled at him before dropping to the ground.

"Oh, come on Codi! We'll get that bad man!" All ran to the sewer entrance and slide down the latter inside. "And maybe we'll see turtles!" Her voiced echoed off the sewer walls and out of the small entrance. All was quiet afterwords, leaving Codi to wonder if his trainer had run off ahead or if she was just waiting down their quietly for him. He contemplated for a moment letting Alli go off on her own, but Pluto would kill him if anything happened to their trainer, and the large brown eyes of the woman dug into him. He knew what it was like for a Pokemon to be separated from its trainer, and despite being horribly spoiled, even Codi could relate on some level. Realizing that he had ultimately doomed himself by opening that manhole cover, Codi peaked down into the sewer to see if he could make anything out. From above, he could only see is a small illuminated concrete circle. Alli popped back into it and waved him downward.

"Come on, Codi!" Codi, begrudgingly, entered the sewer. Normally, he would of hopped down, but as he wanted to delay this adventure as much as possible, he slowly descended the stairwell to meet up with his trainer.

OOC: Well then, after all of that setting up, I believe its time for my first late night delve into the land of RPG!
    And what better place than...
    The Arcane Realm
    The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
    A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.
    "And... just why did you choose this place for our late night stroll, Blue-Boy?" Michael and his Panpour wandered into the Graveyard. Well, wandered isn't the right word. Blue was pulling his reluctant trainer into the desolate site while Michael did his best to keep his eyes closed.
    "Because, Michael, you need to learn what happens to people who go around angering wild Pokemon."
    "But it was an accident! Don't you think you are overreacting just a little bit?" The teen started shivering, unsure on whether it was the cold that caused it. The "Blind" Monkey also started to worry.
    "Well... yes, but... it's for your own good! You need to learn to be a bit responsible for your-" Blue started, but was interrupted by a noise behind the duo. SLAM! The gates to the Graveyard slammed shut, trapping the two boys inside what could be the worst campsite ever.
    "-yeah. It was a bad idea."
    The Panpour jumped into Michael's arms, and Michael held him close. The fog seemed much thicker when there was nowhere to escape it, and every shadow seemed ten times darker.
    "Well Blue, at least you can't see whats going on around here."
    Last edited by swampertforever; 12th February 2013 at 1:42 AM.
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile/My lil' Cable Club Post/PASBL
    C+ Grade Ref

Hey you!
    Do you like battling? Do you like Anime battles? Want to try it yourself? Well, why not
    Get started in the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    Any questions about PASBL? Well, ask them here!

I hope this begin post is not to short, but I did it so short because I finally wanted to do my adventure. DX

The Arcane Realm

The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
    An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.

A boy and his Mareep wanted to sail to the Ocean of Mystery, by using one of the boy's uncle's sailboats. When Kevin, the boy, and Mareep were readying their first adventure, they collected different stuff to stuff the backpack. After several hours, Mareep had to start the helping-motor of the sailboat. "Mareep, can you put some electricity on it?" asked Kevin. Mareep nodded and used a little bit electricity on the motor, so it starts. They sailed slowly to the ocean. Mareep was playing with her tail while she was cautious. She was hoping they saw some mystery. Kevin was watching everywhere, while controlling the sail carefully.

"Ergh, I have it hot. Mareep, can you give me a drink?" asked Kevin to his Mareep.

"Mareep!" Mareep nodded and grabbed a soda for Kevin to drink, out his backpack, waiting until something happens...

Welcome EpicSquirtle, swampertforever and Trickster Zorua! I'll be your updater. Most relevant information was already PMed to you, I'll just add the following: until Tess says otherwise, I'd like your updates to have a minimum of 200 words. Also, always link to your Profile in each of your posts, either with your signature or a link! Thanks, and have fun!

---

Desert of Illusion

EpicSquirtle: The Desert of Illusions. What would compel a man to traverse it is a mystery alone, let alone on foot. Yet one brave wanderer has taken it upon himself to cross the sea of sand and reach the villages of legend – or myth…

For a place called the Desert of Illusions, however, there doesn’t seem to be anything special about it – no visions of fabulous buildings, lush gardens, pure fountains or naked women catch your eye. Just sand. Sand as far as the eye can see.

Telpo himself is very doubtful about your choice of itinerary, and only quiets down after you hand him your water. Even then, his silence is short-lived, and it isn’t long before he complains about the heat once again.

Still, you’re certain of your goal, and not even the Abra’s protests will deter you – you will find the villages! Keeping up your pace, you face the scorching temperatures and muscle on.

After what might have been hours of travelling (who could tell?), something catches your ear. It’s a not-so-distant cry of distress, but not human. Rushing in the direction of the sound, you finally find its source: a small Numel, writhing in pain on the ground, flanked by two large Cacturne! The latter look intent on further harming the tiny camel, their yellow eyes locked on the prey. Despite the theoretical type advantage, it's evident that the tiny camel is no match for the evolved cacti, whatever the cause for this assault. What is pretty clear is that Numel is in no condition to fight back - regardless of who started the fight.

Realizing your presence, the Numel turns its face to you and whimpers, pleading eyes shifting quickly between you and Abra. Telpo is quick to translate: it’s begging for your help.

What do you do?

((Okay, now this part is a bit more boring but it’s what these updates are for: we need to work on several problems with your posts.
    First and most importantly, you gotta work on your punctuation. When somebody talks, make a new paragraph and start with either – or “, to make sure the reader understands it’s a spoken line and not narration like the rest of the text. Otherwise the whole thing is a huge mess! Make a new line whenever you or Telpo speak, so I can know what’s going on. Second, you don’t need to tell me that Telpo is Abra; I have access to your Profile, it’s my job to figure it out :P whenever you type a post in a zone, make it entirely in character. Your character doesn’t refer to his Pokemon as “Telpo (Abra)”, just “Telpo”. I get you were trying to help, but don’t worry about it.
    Also, make sure your posts have the bare minimum number of words: I’d prefer around 200. Otherwise they’re too short and it feels like you’re not putting any effort in them.
    Finally , a reminder: you can’t control the Numel or the Cacturne in your next update, they’re NPCs (non-playable characters), meaning only the updater can control their actions. You are limited to controlling your character and Telpo. Also, whether your attacks and strategies work or not is up to me, don’t assume they’ll work please!
    That’s all, have fun! ^^ and don’t be discouraged by all this advice, it’s what the Arcane Realm is for.))

The Graveyard

swampertforever: Graveyards are always intimidating places, especially at night. But this one in particular especially so, being home to the souls of many departed Pokemon and shrouded in mystery… and fog. A fog so thick that it becomes impossible to even tell the time of day, creating the illusion of perpetual nighttime… Blue is starting to regret dragging you into this.

All around you are tombstones of multiple shapes – being the resting place of Pokemon instead of humans, the nature of the graves is considerably different. Many stones bear the shape of the Pokemon buried below, and many are adorned with flowers, bowls of Pokeblocks and Poffins or various items, some quite valuable, probably held or worn by said Pokemon when they were alive.
    With so much thought and care put into each burial site, you can imagine how the place would be ten times less terrifying if the sun shone through and other people were here now, paying tribute to their fallen friends. But for some reason, the Graveyard seems deserted, not another soul for miles around – in its respective body, anyway.

You figure the only option left to you is to explore the area, since the gate mysteriously closed behind you and won’t budge. You exchange a worried glance with Blue, and both of you nod – even if each of you feels less courageous than you’d like, you’ll borrow some extra guts from your best friend’s company.

There doesn’t seem to be a “right” path though. Actually, there seems to be no path at all; the mist thickens to a point where it becomes impossible to spot any roads, so you move at a slow pace between countless tombstones. The place is so dark that even reading the epitaphs is impossible.

After a good while of walking, you hear something that chills you to the bone, freezing both of you in place: a long, loud howl. It seems you’re not alone, and the company may be dangerous! Why would there be wolves in a Graveyard?

Before you can turn around and go back from where you came from, you notice Blue isn’t so intent on following you, instead seeming to study the sound. Curious about the Panpour’s sudden change of heart, you urge him not to just stand there, to which he replies that there’s something odd about that howling – he can’t quite put his finger on it, and he’s not sure why, but he has a feeling that they shouldn’t be scared of whatever is making that sound; it’s as if the animal making it isn’t really howling, but rather wailing

You can trust Blue’s gut feeling – as that’s all it is – and head for the origin of the wolf-like cry, or play it safe and turn back to find a way out of this accursed place.

What do you do?

((Not much to correct, you’re off to a good start. ^^ mainly out of curiosity, you should at some point (not necessarily now or in this adventure) explain why your Panpour can speak, but this isn’t a correction or something you’re doing “wrong”. It’s just that talking Pokemon are a definite rarity and never without a proper explanation at one point or another. It’ll also make it easier for me to update you in the future; how fluent is Panpour in human language? Does he speak like a regular person and does your character understand him perfectly? I need to know in case I want to make your Pokemon relay instructions or messages to you like I just did.
    From an RP and grammar perspective, it’s all good, so keep it up! ^^))

The Ocean of Mystery

Trickster Zorua:
    Since you don’t fulfill the criteria to begin in this zone, I’ll wait for you to edit your Intro in a different area, like I told you by PM.
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 15th March 2013 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Welcome EpicSquirtle, swampertforever and Trickster Zorua! I'll be your updater. Most relevant information was already PMed to you, I'll just add the following: until Tess says otherwise, I'd like your updates to have a minimum of 200 words. Also, always link to your Profile in each of your posts, either with your signature or a link! Thanks, and have fun!

The Graveyard

swampertforever: Graveyards are always intimidating places, especially at night. But this one in particular especially so, being home to the souls of many departed Pokemon and shrouded in mystery… and fog. A fog so thick that it becomes impossible to even tell the time of day, creating the illusion of perpetual nighttime… Blue is starting to regret dragging you into this.

All around you are tombstones of multiple shapes – being the resting place of Pokemon instead of humans, the nature of the graves is considerably different. Many stones bear the shape of the Pokemon buried below, and many are adorned with flowers, bowls of Pokeblocks and Poffins or various items, some quite valuable, probably held or worn by said Pokemon when they were alive.
    With so much thought and care put into each burial site, you can imagine how the place would be ten times less terrifying if the sun shone through and other people were here now, paying tribute to their fallen friends. But for some reason, the Graveyard seems deserted, not another soul for miles around – in its respective body, anyway.

You figure the only option left to you is to explore the area, since the gate mysteriously closed behind you and won’t budge. You exchange a worried glance with Blue, and both of you nod – even if each of you feels less courageous than you’d like, you’ll borrow some extra guts from your best friend’s company.

There doesn’t seem to be a “right” path though. Actually, there seems to be no path at all; the mist thickens to a point where it becomes impossible to spot any roads, so you move at a slow pace between countless tombstones. The place is so dark that even reading the epitaphs is impossible.

After a good while of walking, you hear something that chills you to the bone, freezing both of you in place: a long, loud howl. It seems you’re not alone, and the company may be dangerous! Why would there be wolves in a Graveyard?

Before you can turn around and go back from where you came from, you notice Blue isn’t so intent on following you, instead seeming to study the sound. Curious about the Panpour’s sudden change of heart, you urge him not to just stand there, to which he replies that there’s something odd about that howling – he can’t quite put his finger on it, and he’s not sure why, but he has a feeling that they shouldn’t be scared of whatever is making that sound; it’s as if the animal making it isn’t really howling, but rather wailing

You can trust Blue’s gut feeling – as that’s all it is – and head for the origin of the wolf-like cry, or play it safe and turn back to find a way out of this accursed place.

What do you do?

((Not much to correct, you’re off to a good start. ^^ mainly out of curiosity, you should at some point (not necessarily now or in this adventure) explain why your Panpour can speak, but this isn’t a correction or something you’re doing “wrong”. It’s just that talking Pokemon are a definite rarity and never without a proper explanation at one point or another. It’ll also make it easier for me to update you in the future; how fluent is Panpour in human language? Does he speak like a regular person and does your character understand him perfectly? I need to know in case I want to make your Pokemon relay instructions or messages to you like I just did.
    From an RP and grammar perspective, it’s all good, so keep it up! ^^))
    OOC: I don't know whether this is a decent enough explanation to Panpour's speech, but Blue doesn't actually speak human. I'm paraphrasing from a Park post here, but its more Blue is speaking in Pokemon language and Michael's subconsciously translating. Think of their speech like this:
    "Panpour, Pan-Panpour” - 'Something random, Michael' said Blue
    "Random? Fine." said Michael.
    I haven't got Backstories or anything set in stone yet, however, so it might be that Blue can speak human in the future. Or Michael’s just insane and imagining Blue’s speech as it keeps him calm. I don't know yet... for now, just look at it as Michael auto-translating Blue. Yes, I know this is a terribad explanation, sorry.
    Thanks for the compliment as well!

Michael and Blue struggled to remain calm. The graveyard itself wasn’t the scariest part of the trip. On the contrary, the place looked thought out, cared for. No, it was the darkness that worried the duo most. Gravestones and monuments were mere decoration in the day, but at night each one became an unseen terror, ready to pounce at a moment’s notice.
    “Well, this is nice isn’t it, Blue?” Michael mumbles. The Panpour said nothing, instead choosing to bury himself further into Michael’s arms. The two looked as far into the graveyard as the mist let them. Exchanging a nod, the trainer continued onwards, holding Blue in his arms.
    “Urm… Could I stay in my Pokeball please?”
    “Haha… scared are you? Well, I’m not. Definitely. I mean, the ominous looking pokemon headstones, they’re just stone. Lifelike, unfriendly stone, yes, but stone nonetheless! And there’s a bunch of stuff here, look at all the items just left around! There is a bunch of strong pokemon buried here. I bet they’ve passed on…” Michael continued to ramble. He wasn’t making any sense of course, but the thoughtless rambling helped him stay calm. After all, if he wasn’t thinking, he didn’t panic. And if he didn’t panic, Blue wouldn’t panic. That was the plan. The duo continued walking slowly through the tombstones. They couldn’t read anything on them, so Michael took it upon himself to make a few up.
    “Yeah, this one… this one definitely says ‘The best friend I ever had’. And that one says ‘That’ll teach you for drinking the bleach!’ and this one says…” His babbling had started to speed up and was becoming incomprehensible, making Blue nervous. Michael was so close to cracking, all it would take is a...
    ‘AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ’
    Yep, that did it. Michael did an about turn on the spot; the fear on his face had been replaced by a look of utter terror. He dropped Blue and started to run off.
    “OH GOD IM SORRY Please don’t hurt us I’ll leave here mister angry wolf just don’t hurt us please…”
    Blue started after his trainer, but as another howl broke the silence, something occured to him. The monkey stopped, and started to listen carefully.
    “Michael, wait!” Blue shouted.
    “Why? It’s going to hurt us! Don’t just stand there!” Michael turned back around, and started to flee again.
    “No, listen! That howling… it doesn’t sound right. I know, that’s an odd thing to say, but I just can’t shake the feeling that there’s something wrong with that howl…” Blue turned in the direction of the howls.
    “I can’t put my finger on it… but that isn’t a howl I’ve ever heard before. It sounds more like a… wail.”
    Michael slowly walked back to Blue. The trainer had learned to trust his Panpour’s judgement after the incident that brought them together in the first place, so he believed the monkey's gut instinct.
    “A wail? That means… that the wolf is in trouble too! We can’t just leave them here! Come on Blue, we’re going to help that poor wolf!”
    With that, and without a second thought, the Trainer ran towards the ‘Wailing’, Blue running beside him.
    Last edited by swampertforever; 19th March 2013 at 2:56 PM.
    C+ Grade Ref

Hey you!
    Do you like battling? Do you like Anime battles? Want to try it yourself? Well, why not

Desert of Illusion

EpicSquirtle: Look here

The Graveyard

swampertforever: As soon as Blue interprets the howling as a distress call more than a menace, you make up your mind on the spot – if the creature is in trouble, no matter how vile or dangerous, you must rescue it! You dash forward, heedless of consequence, leaving Blue to follow close behind and make sure no harm befalls you; with your impetuous nature, it’s bound to happen sooner or later.

You run toward the sound, that for some reason doesn’t scare you anymore; you’ve formatted your mind to interpret it as a cry for help, and no matter how terrifying the howls echoing through the graves sound, it only fuels your determination further. Blue, on the other hand, feels less and less inclined to keep up, the increasing volume of the wolf’s cries simultaneously increasing his fear with each step. He falters, slowing his pace, looking around nervously, whereas you keep running at the same rhythm, and soon afterwards… you’re separated. You fail to notice it as you keep dashing through the dense fog, but the Panpour is no longer with you, and it isn’t until you reach your apparent destination that you notice he’s missing.

In front of you is an old, small cottage, at the top of the highest hill of the Graveyard; that isn’t saying much, since the area is mostly plain, but this small elevation provides a good view over the entire terrain – or it would, if not for the eerie mist. As you turn around to tell Blue this must be the place, you realize he’s nowhere to be found! You look around frantically, but there’s no way you could spot him through this darkness. You’re on your own! Meanwhile, the intensity of the howls reaches its peak, no doubt coming from inside the shoddy little wooden house…

Fear once again begins to set in. It’s one thing when you have your partner to rely on, but another one altogether when there’s nobody around to protect you. Furthermore, Blue is probably feeling the same way…

You have a number of choices at your disposal, though thinking clearly is hard at a moment loike this. You can seek shelter – and possibly help – inside the cottage, and see what creature could be howling like this, but that would mean postponing the search for Blue. On the other hand, you can try and track back to where you and Blue got separated – wherever that was, since you weren’t paying attention – and retrieve the poor monkey, but that would mean leaving the pleading animal behind and, quite possibly, losing yourself in the unforgiving fog for good, with no guarantees of ever finding the Panpour…

What will you do now?

((Nothing to add here, just a small detail that I forgot from your last update: you made the Graveyard gates mysteriously shut, and I understand where you were going with that, but technically that’s something you can’t do. Other than your character and his Pokemon, you can’t control anything else; environment, NPCs or even whether your attacks hit. All of that is left to the updater; what if he never intended the gates to magically close behind you? It’s not a grave mistake, but it’s important, so keep it in mind for the future.))

The Ocean of Mystery

Trickster Zorua:
    Awaiting edits to your last post

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    The Graveyard

swampertforever: As soon as Blue interprets the howling as a distress call more than a menace, you make up your mind on the spot – if the creature is in trouble, no matter how vile or dangerous, you must rescue it! You dash forward, heedless of consequence, leaving Blue to follow close behind and make sure no harm befalls you; with your impetuous nature, it’s bound to happen sooner or later.

You run toward the sound, that for some reason doesn’t scare you anymore; you’ve formatted your mind to interpret it as a cry for help, and no matter how terrifying the howls echoing through the graves sound, it only fuels your determination further. Blue, on the other hand, feels less and less inclined to keep up, the increasing volume of the wolf’s cries simultaneously increasing his fear with each step. He falters, slowing his pace, looking around nervously, whereas you keep running at the same rhythm, and soon afterwards… you’re separated. You fail to notice it as you keep dashing through the dense fog, but the Panpour is no longer with you, and it isn’t until you reach your apparent destination that you notice he’s missing.

In front of you is an old, small cottage, at the top of the highest hill of the Graveyard; that isn’t saying much, since the area is mostly plain, but this small elevation provides a good view over the entire terrain – or it would, if not for the eerie mist. As you turn around to tell Blue this must be the place, you realize he’s nowhere to be found! You look around frantically, but there’s no way you could spot him through this darkness. You’re on your own! Meanwhile, the intensity of the howls reaches its peak, no doubt coming from inside the shoddy little wooden house…

Fear once again begins to set in. It’s one thing when you have your partner to rely on, but another one altogether when there’s nobody around to protect you. Furthermore, Blue is probably feeling the same way…

You have a number of choices at your disposal, though thinking clearly is hard at a moment loike this. You can seek shelter – and possibly help – inside the cottage, and see what creature could be howling like this, but that would mean postponing the search for Blue. On the other hand, you can try and track back to where you and Blue got separated – wherever that was, since you weren’t paying attention – and retrieve the poor monkey, but that would mean leaving the pleading animal behind and, quite possibly, losing yourself in the unforgiving fog for good, with no guarantees of ever finding the Panpour…

What will you do now?

((Nothing to add here, just a small detail that I forgot from your last update: you made the Graveyard gates mysteriously shut, and I understand where you were going with that, but technically that’s something you can’t do. Other than your character and his Pokemon, you can’t control anything else; environment, NPCs or even whether your attacks hit. All of that is left to the updater; what if he never intended the gates to magically close behind you? It’s not a grave mistake, but it’s important, so keep it in mind for the future.))
    OOC: Yeah, I sorta realised it would seem self-updating soon after posting, but I thought it was just a small detail, not that important. I apologize.

“Michael, on second thought…” Blue started to slow down. In his endeavour to catch up to Michael, his confidence had started to wane. Michael’s, however, was still dangerously over the top. How much of a good thing that was differed between the duo. For Michael, it meant he wasn’t at all frightened. For Blue however, it meant stopping his trainer impossible, like it was now. It was hard to do that in general for Blue even when he could see the tip of his nose, but with the fog and the perpetually louder howls, it made it almost impossible for the Monkey to say anything. He stopped.
    “Michael! Michael! Mich…”
    The Monkey watched his trainer run off without him. ‘I half thought that might happen.’ He thought to himself. Blue laid down, recalling something he was taught when he was young. If he stayed there, Michael may find him again. How long it took the boy to realise he was gone, however, was a different story altogether.
    Meanwhile, Michael had reached the top of a hill. Before him was a cottage, a strange sight, but a welcome one. The howls seemed to be coming from inside the house too.
    “This is it! I’m here to help you Mr Wolf!” The teen called into the cottage. And paused. ‘Strange, usually Blue would comment on how shouting to something dangerous would be, well, dangerous.’ The teen turned around.
    “Blue, are you al… Blue?” Michael frantically tried to look around. The darkness and the fog made it hard to see, but he could tell that his friend was not with him. The brief trip back to reality had finally sunk into Michael. ‘Oh no oh no oh no, Blues gone, he’s gone, I’ve abandoned him and he’s not here and he’s probably hurt too and he’s lost and scared and hates me but I can’t help him because I’m lost and oh..’ Michael’s train of thought was interrupted by another loud howl from inside the house. ‘Ok, Michael, think…’
    “Ok, Mr Wolf, I’m coming in to help you, just one second.”
    The teen turned back to the fog. Blue was strong enough to survive on his own, right?
    “BLUE! If you can hear me, start using Icy Wind in the air! It may separate this fog and help me find you! I’m going to help Mr Wolf! Look for a Cottage on top of a hill, I’m in there!” Michael shouted down the hill, hoping his partner would hear. Then, before his nerves could get the better of him again, he ran into the house to help the howling creature. Trying to calm his nerves, he joked,
    “What’s the time, Mr Wolf?”
    C+ Grade Ref

Hey you!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast