Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 564

Thread: The Arcane Realm's Recorded History

  1. #401
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Unda da sea
    Posts
    4,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    I got a little carried away with some of these... sorry :P


    Desert of Illusion

    DaveTheFishGuy: You feel briefly overwhelmed by the sudden understanding of how this Desert of Illusion came to be and, more importantly, the realization that the entire Arcane Realm might soon become a mere extension of this same Desert. But a fire inside you has been lit, a resolve against all reasoning that characterizes only a few Trainers throughout the world; Mahad seems to realize this as soon as you reject the offer to leave, and for the first time since you’ve met him, he smiles.

    - It seems not all before me is a tide of misfortune. I hadn’t realized you were one of them, those Trainers whose heart alone allows them to achieve miracles. I see you in a new light now, bamra… Still, I fear our camels and dolls alone would be no match for the Beast.

    He stops for a brief moment, lost in thought, then takes a long look at the Dwebble perched on top of your head.

    - Yes… the critter senses something in you too. You may well have it, in which case, there might be hope. And if not, well, you have already chosen to die in the sands, as we have chosen long ago as well. If we fail, take solace in knowing you won’t be around to see the consequences.

    Suddenly, the ground begins to shake beneath your feet; even while buried shin-high in sand, you can feel the land beneath tremble slightly, which is disconcerting in itself. But when the quake becomes so violent that both you and Mahad lose your footing, you realize that something is very wrong and this isn’t where you should be right now!
    The native seems to agree as he whistles and his Camerupt moves closer. He holds his hand out and urges you to climb aboard as well. You begin to argue that the Crustle shouldn’t be left behind, but another vicious tremor answers in Mahad’s place: there’s no time.
    You reluctantly take the man’s hand and mount the Camerupt as well, the tiny Dwebble tightly holding on to your hand to the point where it begins to hurt, but you don’t dare tell the Bug-Type to loosen the grip or it’ll fall down for sure, and Mahad certainly isn’t going to stop on its account.

    The Camerupt rushes through the desert, reaching speeds you never thought one could, seemingly unfazed by the earthquake; you remember that the species is part-Fire, which further reassures you that this one must be a remarkable specimen. You can’t help but look behind, back to the “grave of the realm” where you stood just moments ago. And just then…

    - It is becoming worse with each passing day; the tremors, the sandstorms… The Beast uses the land itself as its harbinger. The longer we wait, the…

    A very loud rumbling noise suddenly fills the air. The rock you left behind begins to sink into the ground, and the sand around it begins to mysteriously rise and swirl… And just as you’re about to urge Mahad to move faster, you realize that it’s not just the rock that was swallowed by the earth: the sand behind you is also being sucked in, creating a trail that seems to follow you at alarming speed: it’s a fissure!
    The native is quick to react, uttering instructions in a foreign language to its mount. You watch as countless bits of rock from the camel’s humps crack and fall off as the beast speeds up even further; you recognize the move as Rock Polish, and feel glad that the natives went the extra mile in raising their Camerupt to know moves they wouldn’t normally learn. The fissure stops progressing and tailing you after a while, and before long, you begin to spot something in the distance: tents.

    ----

    The wooden fence that sets the encampment’s perimeter would be a poor means of defense against a Cacnea raid, let alone a rampaging Tyranitar colossus. That’s the first thing that crosses your mind as Mahad guides the Camerupt through the main gate and into the village.

    Once inside, Mahad dismounts, so you do the same. People begin to gather around you, all of them as dark-skinned as Mahad, flocking to see the outsider no doubt.
    You take your time to look around, relieved to be able to relax again, if only for a brief moment; you don't need Mahad's visions to tell you what just happened back there. The Tyranitar is awake, and has begun its way back to the surface. It'll only be a matter of time before it unleashes its hunger on the Arcane Realm. The Dwebble you brought along has been silent and motionless for the most part, and no wonder; it just lost its entire family.

    - Make room, udan. I need to see this one to the Circle. Dark times are ahead.

    They all seem to understand what Mahad means, and slowly walk away from the two of you, muttering and whispering incomprehensible words. Mahad motions for you to follow him.

    - I have been calling you bamra all this time; in our tongue, it means "outsider". But I never got to ask you your name, friend.

    He points to the distance, to the largest tent in the vicinity.

    - We go there. Inside is the Circle. In our community, there is no single leader. Instead, people are ruled by four minds, four pillars of society that keep it strong and balanced. They are Power, Wealth, Knowledge and Belief. I am blessed to govern one such pillar; I deal in matters of the soul, providing spiritual guidance to those in need. And just as my own pillar is Belief, I believe that you are one to help us through this ordeal... but you will need our help in return, and it is not freely given; you must gather approval of the remaining three of the Circle if you are to have enough resources to fight. And you will find none of them to be as welcoming as myself...

    You finally reach the tent; for a makeshift building, it stands imposing in the middle of all the smaller ones, decorated with abstract patterns in many shades of red and gold over the white cloth. Mahad walks in, and you follow close behind.

    The air inside is heavy with the smell of incense; the place is spacious and thoughtfully decorated, with several vases and other pottery lining the small tables and drawers around the room. Notably, three larger pieces of furniture rest at different edges of the tent: a large bookshelf with several books neatly lined up; a weapons rack with three swords - a one-handed shortsword, a curved blade and a two-handed sword - and a table with a large two-pan balance scale on top - one of the pans with many coins, the other with an even greater number of Rare Candies, both kept in perfect equilibrium.
    In the centre of the tent is a very large, circular table, with three men sitting around it - two older than Mahad, one considerably younger, just a little older than yourself if you had to guess.

    One of the old men speaks first.

    - Sun's blessings, Mahad of Belief. What is this? You bring a bamra to our tent?

    Mahad pulls his hood down, revealing a bald head covered in tribal tattoos. You reckon they must have some sort of religious meaning, given his position in the society.

    - Sun's blessings, Jabal of Power. Apologies, but this bamra is a friend, and I believe a valuable find. It is my conviction that he is an enlightened one, of the tales from beyond the Desert that speak of chosen Trainers capable of miracles.

    The youngest man laughs, but Jabal silences him with a cold stare before locking his eyes on you, but says nothing. It's the other old man who speaks this time, very slowly, with a frail voice that is at times almost imperceptible.

    - Belief may be a pillar of our community, but what you speak of is blind faith, Mahad. Bamra from beyond the desert call those chosen ones "Users", men and women who carry the secrets of the five Man-Gods. But this one... what makes him so remarkable? He possesses nothing more than a small Remoraid, and a Dwebble still with a wild soul. I see none of the fabled items rumoured to be given only by those Man-Gods, and thus no reason to consider him special.

    When Mahad replies this time around, you get the feeling that his tone is more respectful than the one he employed when answering Jabal.

    - You are right, Rasheed of Knowledge. I have no proof. Hence why I would you request you to find that proof in him, and if you deem him worthy, provide him all that he needs to stand up to the Beast.

    At the sound of this, the youngest of the Circle stands up abruptly.

    - Have you lost mind, Mahad? You want us to place the village's scarce resources in the hand of an unremarkable bamra? We simply cannot risk it! If we take our things and leave, we can survive the Beast's onslaught. It will find no food here and leave the Desert soon, if only we stay out of its way! What happens to the rest of the land isn't our concern; we must assure the survival of our own, and we will accomplish nothing but the opposite if we place blind trust in this man.

    Suddenly, Jabal's voice resonates strongly, as if echoing throughout the tent.

    - Enough!! Save us your insolence, Seth! You of all people should know that Wealth is nothing if not put to use. If we ignore the Beast, even if it does us no harm for now, it will return!

    Rasheed of Knowledge speaks next; calmly so, but his presence alone commands respect.

    - Jabal speaks the truth. To close our eyes and allow such evil to roam the land freely is nothing short of a sin; we have obligations toward our people, and more so than its immediate survival alone - we must always seek to make it thrive and secure a future for it. If the Beast is free, then we have no future. Time is short, but part of what young Seth said also holds true: we might be able to spare resources under each pillar's care, but we cannot part with them blindly.

    - What do you suggest, Rasheed?

    - Each of us will present the bamra with a test. Upon his performance, we will decide whether to place our faith in him or not.

    Jabal laughs and stands up. For an old man, he is remarkably tall and broad-shouldered; he must have been a beast of a man in his youth.

    - I want to believe in you, bamra. If anything, we lack elsewhere to place our faith in. As overseer of the village's Power, I will put you through a test of strength. Come outside and do battle with me.

    He walks outside without waiting for a reply. You look at Mahad, who smiles and motions for you to comply. Seeing little choice, you follow Jabal outside.

    The old man has already cleared the area in front of the tent and holds a Pokeball in his hand. You walk over to him and can't help but sigh as people once again start to gather around you; it's human nature, but you're not exactly thrilled to have half the village staring at you like you're on display.

    - Now, show me your worth! Come, Hippowdon!

    From his Pokeball emerges a large yellow hippopotamus, a Male Hippowdon, who roars as he releases sand spiraling from his body. You had hoped he'd choose something less powerful after laying eyes on little Suzi, but it seems Jabal isn't looking to hold back at all.

    - You can expect to face a much deadlier Sand Stream if you do challenge the Beast. Fail now, and you might as well leave altogether! As you most likely will when you face the monster, I will allow you to use more than one Pokemon in this battle. Give it your all, bamra!

    Upon hearing this, the Dwebble suddenly jumps from your head to the floor, standing up to the Ground-Type. It seems it wants to fight as well, possibly hoping that if it does well you'll rely on it against the Tyranitar later... You remember how every Crustle back at the rock must have died during the landslide and this Dwebble is the only one left of that swarm.

    Still, you are clearly outmatched... What will you do?
    Despite the load that had been dumped on him recently, Dave started to feel a bit more relieved as Mahad's features broke into a smile. He wasn't sure what he meant by himself being capable of miracles, but he was certainly glad that he would be allowed to stay and help. Glancing up, he observed Mahad and the Dwebble exchange a silent conversation. Maybe they could stop the menace after all?

    Just as he was starting to feel much more positive, the rock beneath him gave a sickening lurch. Both he and Mahad slipped on the sandy ground, breaking his fall with his arm. "What's happening?" he asked, more to himself than to the native, who was already calling his Camerupt over. With a practised movement, the desert-dweller swung himself astride the Fire-type, before holding his hand out. Shaken both literally and in confidence, Dave almost took it, before looking back. "Wait, the Crustle! We can't just leave them here!" he argued, only to stumble again as another shockwave reverberated across the outcrop. Despite his will to help the crustaceans, the logical part of his brain realised that there was nothing he could do.

    Taking Mahad's hand, he swung up behind him, his back resting against the Camerupt's rear hump. He adjusted his jacket, allowing Suzi more room to move, her water having spilled out in the commotion. As he tried to relax, he felt pinches around his head. The Dwebble was still perched there, gripped with as much fear as he had been, no doubt. The tips of its legs hurt as they dug into the side of Dave's head, but he'd left too many of the critter's family behind - the least he could do was let this one hang on for dear life as the Camerupt surged forward.

    As they rushed through the sand, the trainer was actually surprised. Camerupt were supposed to be slow, stupid beasts, but this one was reaching a fair clip, even while the tremors were still ongoing. Turning back to observe the rock he was just sat on, Dave listened to Mahad. Tyranitar must have been close to generate this kind of power. After a century in underground hibernation, he'd thought it would have been too weak and hungry to attack straight away... unless... "No."

    The thought hit him just as the rock formation began to sink into the sand. The Tyranitar would have planned this. It would have gone to sleep somewhere it could have had immediate access to food upon awakening, so that it could restore its strength. "That must be it! The 'Grave of the Realm' isn't a grave at all, it's a larder! Tyranitar left it standing so it could eat it first this time!" he explained aloud, more to himself than to Mahad, watching the rocks vanish below ground. "We... we were right on top of it." he mumbled, almost going numb at the thought of the close call. His stomach twisted as he thought of the Crustle, dragged down to be either buried alive or worse, part of the Beast's breakfast snack. Glancing upward, the fisherman tried to get a good look at his passenger, but Dwebble's features were blank, probably even more stunned than he.

    Reaching up, Dave attempted to give the Bug-type a consoling pat, but his attention was drawn back to the sick display of power. The sand between them seemed to be vanishing, almost as if the force below was trying to suck them back to the buried rock. Before he could even bring this to Mahad's attention, the native had reacted. His Camerupt moving even faster, the trainer watched as its Rock Polish technique greatly increased its mobility, the craggy rock-like humps becoming smooth as it lightened itself. Soon the fissure gave up the chase, and Dave relaxed into the mount's fur. That had been a tense few minutes. Reaching up to pat the Dwebble again, he leaned back and tried to make himself comfortable, looking into the featureless expanse of sand before them. After a few minutes, tents became visible. He hadn't expected them to be quite this close to the danger-zone. They truly were living on a knife-edge.

    -----------------------

    After what felt like half an hour, but was probably more like five minutes, the Camerupt trotted through a gate set in a rickety wooden fence, soon coming to a stop in a clear area of the village. Following Mahad's cue, Dave dismounted their steed, looking around as people began to crowd curiously around them. His muscles still burning from his previous trek across the desert, the fisherman leaned against Camerupt's sturdy body, trying to stretch new life into his legs. He couldn't understand what any of the locals were saying, but he wasn't really focused on him. He was more worried about the Dwebble atop his head, and what seeing its entire family wiped out before its eyes had done to the little crustacean.

    Once Mahad had dispersed the crowd, he motioned for Dave to follow him. Leaving the Camerupt behind, the trainer approached his guide and answered, "Oh! Yeah, there wasn't much time for pleasantries back there. The name's Dave." After shaking Mahad's hand, he began to follow the native to the large tent he had pointed out, listening as he explained how their society was governed. He felt somewhat surprised to learn that he had already met one of the four leaders of this community, and to know that Mahad felt so strongly about his own abilities gave him a huge self-confidence boost. Maybe he'd be able to hack this Pokémon training malarkey after all? But with Mahad explaining that the other three governors would not be as easy to impress as himself, Dave knew that he'd have to prove his abilities. Not just to them, but to himself as well.

    As they reached the tent, he realised just how much larger it was than all the others in the area. Its ornate look and great size made it clear that this was deemed the most important structure in the village, and he felt honoured to be here when not half an hour ago he'd been lost, trudging through the sand. Following his guide inside, he coughed slightly as the incense-heavy air irritated his lungs, but he soon got used to it. At least it was much cooler inside the tent than out in the baking sun. He felt Suzi shift appreciatively in his pocket as she relaxed in the cooler temperature. If he'd thought it was well-decorated on the outside, the inside was even more extravagant, almost out of place for a tribal society living in the middle of a desert. His attention was particularly drawn to the bookcase, rack of swords, and scales with both coins and candies. Clearly, these items were linked to the three men sat at the central table.

    As Mahad started to converse with the other governors, Dave decided it would be best to keep his mouth shut. As pointed out, he was an outsider here, and he didn't want to risk offending any of these powerful men by speaking out of turn. Jabal's stare unnerved him slightly, giving him the feeling that the older man was searching for something within his gaze. His was a position of power, perhaps he was looking for inner strength? He shook off his nerves as he listened to the other old man, more wizened than his counterpart. 'Users'? 'Man-Gods'? This was the first he'd heard of such things. Perhaps Rasheed was right, maybe he was just a normal trainer who was getting in over his head. But this was no excuse for what the fourth leader came out with. Dave had to bite his tongue, feeling a surge of red-hot anger flash through him as Seth proposed uprooting their community and leaving until the Tyranitar had passed them by, leaving the rest of the Arcane Realm to be demolished and devoured by the Beast. How could he be so selfish, to abandon so many people and Pokémon to such a fate? Fortunately, Jabal was quick to deal with him.

    The fisherman felt his anger abate as Rasheed spoke again. For an old man, his voice certainly commanded respect in a different way to his fellow leader. While Jabal had a tone backed up by strength, Rasheed's was calm, like a teacher. Dave couldn't help but feel nervous again as the old man determined that he was to be tested. He'd already gone through so much to prove to his parents that he was capable of going out on his own, and now he was being judged again. The knot forming in his stomach tightened further as Jabal rose to provide his first challenge. Despite his age, he was clearly still strong, with a bigger build than even that of his hometown's Gym Leader, Crasher Wake. The governor laid down his challenge and left the tent, leaving Dave almost panicking. With Mahad gesturing for him to follow, the trainer urged his burning legs forward, his feet feeling like lead as he forced himself back out into the burning sun.

    Jabal had already cleared an area outside, people milling about like before, but not crowding him this time. The fisherman felt even worse - from the PokéBall in his hand, it was clear that Jabal intended to challenge him to battle, and losing would have been bad enough without being embarrassed in front of all these strangers. As soon as he was opposite the leader, Jabal released his chosen combatant, the white energy swirling before forming a massive shape. Dave was stunned at the sight of the Hippowdon, even though the Sand Stream Ability was fresh in his mind. Being a native of Sinnoh, he knew the species. Once, Bertha of the Elite Four had come to Pastoria for an exhibition match with Crasher Wake. Despite the Gym Leader's formidable strength and the type advantage, it had been a total mismatch. The Ground-specialist's Golem had blown his Gyarados away without flinching, and had worn his Quagsire down to the point that her Gliscor had finished both it and another of his Pokémon off. The third Pokémon she'd used had been her signature female Hippowdon, boasting the black colouration of the species unlike the yellow behemoth before him now. He'd seen that specimen defeat another two of Wake's Pokémon and his most powerful fighter, his Floatzel, despite the arena being a pool. It had been utter carnage, and it had made clear why she was on the Elite Four in the first place.

    He'd not seen the species aside from that display, but remembering how strong that one had been sent shivers down his spine. How was he supposed to defeat this one with a land-bound Remoraid? As the sandstorm started to billow forth, Jabal seemed to have read his mind, allowing him to use multiple Pokémon against him. Dave kicked himself. He only had one other Pokémon, but he'd left Axelia in the Daycare Centre while he was away, hoping that the Relicanth would have grown a bit in power by the time he had returned. He hadn't thought that he'd need the Rock-type like he did right now, so Suzi was all he had. As he cursed himself, he noticed that his head felt a lot lighter, an orange blur hitting the sand in front of him. The Dwebble that had been sat atop him since the rocky outcrop was facing down the larger desert-dweller, claws snapping in defiance.

    "Huh? Dwebble... you want to fight?" the trainer asked, somewhat stunned by this. Clearly the death of its entire swarm had sparked something inside the arthropod. If it wanted vengeance upon the Tyranitar menace that had killed its family, maybe it knew it would have to fight eventually. Dwebble nodded, causing a smile to creep across Dave's features. Maybe he wouldn't look like a total idiot. "Alright then, let's see what you can do..." he muttered, sliding out his PokéDex to scan the critter. It couldn't tell him if the Bug-type knew any advanced techniques compatible with its species, but it could tell him the ones it would definitely know. Two certain options lit up the screen - Hippowdon resisted one, but Dwebble could be a close-up distraction...

    Reaching into his pocket, Dave's fingers closed around Suzi, gently lifting her out of her wet home. His hand slid back along her body to close firmly around her bottomside caudal fin, which she tensed, leaving the overall look as if he was holding her like a gun. "You're fine with this, right?" he asked, the Remoraid responding with a chirp, eyes narrowing at the huge hippo bearing down on them. "OK Dwebble, thanks for the help! Get in close and distract Hippowdon with a Fury Cutter onslaught while Suzi hoses him with a Water Gun. After that, Dwebble, you back off while firing a Rock Blast. Suzi, you create a Whirlpool to suck up the sandstorm and hit Hippowdon!"

    This would be his first proper Pokémon battle, and he was using a Pokémon that wasn't even his. All he could do now was hope nothing went too badly wrong...

    Profile
    Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 13th July 2013 at 1:01 AM. Reason: Changed attacks up

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,839

    Default July Updates # 1


    Forest of Adventure
    lightpanda


    The Phanpy looks up at you with a hopeful eye, before nodding silently. He gets back up, and taps the button of the Pokeball. The Pokeball opens up and the Phanpy becomes a bright red flash of light before he goes into the Pokeball, the Pokeball closing as he goes in. You put the Pokeball back onto your belt, and then take the Oran Berry and raise it back to your Chinchou's mouth. Chichi looks at it with the last of its strength fading, and quickly pops it into its mouth. After chewing the blue berry for a little bit, Chichi gives a quick burst of joy, as the berry gives Chichi a lot of energy and revitalizes it. Chichi jumps from your hood and lands on the ground, happy that it did not faint and was actually doing well. You're pleased that Chichi is doing well, but now you have to take care of the Phanpy as well, and you can't remember if there is a Pokemon Center nearby, or if where you would begin looking to find one. Looking at Chichi, you pick it up and put it in your hood again, not wanting to get it tired out again and possibly faint. You were going to need a second set of eyes as well to potentially find a Pokemon Center nearby.

    But as you look around, something else catches your eyes. The Big Horn Pokemon walks forwards with an angry expression on its face, staring you down with its powerful horns. The Stantler kicks its feet in anger and you wonder what could have gotten the Stantler so ticked off. But the answer immediately comes to you. The little Phanpy's antics must have been the source of the anger, and its commotion probably either woke up the Stantler or just caused it some general trouble. Chichi jumps out of your hood again and looks at the Stantler with fierce determination in its eyes. The Stantler charges forwards with a powerful TACKLE attack, but Chichi easily dodges out of the way and the Stantler grunts with annoyance. It knows that you helped the Phanpy, and wants to make sure that you get the point: That Phanpy needs to be dealt with.

    What will you do?



    Silverton Ranges
    Fallen Icarus


    The little girl looks into your face intently as you tell her who you are. She hardly takes notice of the fact that you asked her when the storm was going to lay off. She was too busy tilting her head back and forth, noting the name Icarus as it bumped around in her head like a silver bell. "So your name is Icarus huh Onii-chan? That's a pretty name isn't it? My parents named me a really long name. They said that since I was born on the first day of winter that I was going to be a snow fairy and dance around in the snow. And so they named me Yuki no yosei. Though my friends all call me Yuki! It's nice to meet you Icarus, Onii-chan." Yuki bows politely as if curtsying to you.

    The little girl then looks solemnly at the ground, and at the sash around her waist. She sniffles to herself, but no tears came. Only a single shard of ice fell out of her eye and hit the floor. "But they aren't here anymore. Ma, or oto-san, or big sister. They all vanished." Yuki then begins to sob and weep, but no tears come out of her eyes. Instead, little pieces of ice fall where the tears would have been. You look over concerned that she might be freezing to death, but she hardly looks hypothermic at all. She still looks healthy. You put a hand on her head and notice that it is ice-cold. You pull away your hand quickly, but Yuki notices and sobs some more. "It's true isn't it? The legends...they are true." Before you can question what those legends could possibly be, she continues in, talking through stifled sobs and whimpers. "They say that when a young girl gets lost in the mountain all alone she begins to turn into a yuki onna. A snow lady. And you wander the mountains freezing people and showing them off to scare away unwary travelers." She begins to cry now even harder, and you begin to notice that the sadder she is, the colder she gets. Her hands begins to turn a whitish color, and you realize that it is the despair and the hurt that turns one into a yuki onna, not the cold around her, but the cold inside of her. If you were going to protect this girl, you were going to need to do something fast to get her out of her slump. Just as you go to make an action, you hear an ominous moan coming from farther down the cave, the the cries of the pained and hurt. Yuki seems to hardly notice the moaning, but you sure did, and if there is moaning, there must also be some sort of life down the tunnel. Even if it is not the girl's family, any person would do right now to make sure that no one would go crazy in the blistering cold.

    What will you do?



    [b]Mediville
    Meetan[/b


    The Pidove seems to understand what you said to it, but pigeons are not exactly the smartest of birds and it sits there staring at you as it tries to work out what you just said. It shifts its position from left to right, to left again. 'It..was..something...about....a...chair...no...a purse...yes a purse! And the person said....there was....going.....to....be....flowers...no...not flowers...was it shiny plastic disks....no.....not that...it must have been ice cream! Yes!' Needless to say pigeons are not the smartest bird in the world. He flies over to your tote and sticks his head inside, looking around inside for something of true delectable delight. His head pokes in and out before pulling out a large, blue berry covered in what looks to be warts or dimples. This is a Wiki berrym and the little Pidove happily gulps down the berry in only a few small bites, making extremely short work of the berry. The Pidove looks happily at you as he got his full, and you smile back to him. The Pidove then turns around, flies a little bit back towards the woods, and makes a loud cooing noise.

    You barely have time to think about what that coo could mean when suddenly a big blob of gry and black flies towards you. No, its not a 20th century rendition of the Blob(I suggest Creepshow 2 for that), but its actually a flock of Pidove, all in wait for their bretheren to give the go before they swarmed on you. You quickly get up and go to grab your bad, but suddnely the bag is gone, and about 20 to 30 Pidove have swarmed around it, pecking every pieces and extremity with all due haste. There was food to be eaten, and the entire flock was going to be on it. The entire flock squabbled and fought over the bag, pecking and squaking like a bunch of wild animals. Well, they are, but that's besides the point. Soon, the tote is empty and and birds fly away...well most of them. A group of about five or so, stay behind, eyeing you viciously. In the middle is an Unfezant, the leader of this flock, and they have made their message clear. They don't just want the food in the tote. They want anymore you may have been hiding. The Unfezant charges at you with its wings outspread, trying to intimidate it. It backs you up to a tree when all of a sudden you hear a winny behind you. And the clashing of hooves onto the grass. In one second, a bright yellow flash zips by you and hits the Unfeazant square in the chest. The Unfezant flies back with a squawk, and gets back up, being able to take that WILD CHARGE easily. "Well, you are a fighter, eh? We'll see how you are doing after this! Torden! Give them a taste of your Discharge!" Once you got a good look at the person, you see a brown haired man, or at least teenager, on top of horse like Pokemon made out of lightning. Suddenly, its mane begins to glow with power, before a massive wave of electricity is launched and hits the entirety of the group. The Unfezant falls to the ground, noticably injured, and while one of the Pidove was blown all the way towards your location, the other Pidove get up and begin to glow with a bright white light. They all evolve into Tranquill, and the trainer looks noticably worried. "Look, girl. You are gonna have to take care of that one by yourself. Me and Torden will deal with these bastards. I hope your Abra can do more than Teleport!" Suddenly, the trainer and the Zebstrika run off into the plain, bringing in most of the heat away from you. Except for the one Pidove.

    The Pidove stares you down, and you stand there, caught in its stare. "You are gonna have to take of that one by yourself." echo in your head, like it had some kind of second message. You stare back now, defiantly, and decide on your next plan of action.

    What will you do?


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canada, that will be all
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post

    Forest of Adventure
    lightpanda


    The Phanpy looks up at you with a hopeful eye, before nodding silently. He gets back up, and taps the button of the Pokeball. The Pokeball opens up and the Phanpy becomes a bright red flash of light before he goes into the Pokeball, the Pokeball closing as he goes in. You put the Pokeball back onto your belt, and then take the Oran Berry and raise it back to your Chinchou's mouth. Chichi looks at it with the last of its strength fading, and quickly pops it into its mouth. After chewing the blue berry for a little bit, Chichi gives a quick burst of joy, as the berry gives Chichi a lot of energy and revitalizes it. Chichi jumps from your hood and lands on the ground, happy that it did not faint and was actually doing well. You're pleased that Chichi is doing well, but now you have to take care of the Phanpy as well, and you can't remember if there is a Pokemon Center nearby, or if where you would begin looking to find one. Looking at Chichi, you pick it up and put it in your hood again, not wanting to get it tired out again and possibly faint. You were going to need a second set of eyes as well to potentially find a Pokemon Center nearby.

    But as you look around, something else catches your eyes. The Big Horn Pokemon walks forwards with an angry expression on its face, staring you down with its powerful horns. The Stantler kicks its feet in anger and you wonder what could have gotten the Stantler so ticked off. But the answer immediately comes to you. The little Phanpy's antics must have been the source of the anger, and its commotion probably either woke up the Stantler or just caused it some general trouble. Chichi jumps out of your hood again and looks at the Stantler with fierce determination in its eyes. The Stantler charges forwards with a powerful TACKLE attack, but Chichi easily dodges out of the way and the Stantler grunts with annoyance. It knows that you helped the Phanpy, and wants to make sure that you get the point: That Phanpy needs to be dealt with.

    What will you do?


    [/color]
    This adventure is so incredible, thanks for the ride. I’ve decided to only use Chichi in this adventure as an extra challenge. Originally I was thinking of airlifting the Phanpy with my Skarmory, but to make it more fun I won’t, and I thought of another plan.

    Silently praying Light watched the Phanpy think about his offer, then in a huge show of trust the small Pokémon taps the Pokéball and is absorbed into it.

    “Thank goodness” Light sighed
    Holding the berry up to Chichi’s mouth “here eat this, it’ll help”

    Chichi nearly fainting opened it’s mouth and bit into the soft and tender flesh of the berry. Contentment spread across his face as the flavor hit his toung and the energy revitalised him. His previously dark lures started to glow with electricity, showing that he’s back in good health. Smiling at his success Light placed Chichi back under his hood, not wanting to tire it out further.

    “Now to move on to the most important thing; finding a Pokémon center” Light said to the world
    “Chi.” (deal) Chichi flashed

    Light and Chichi had recently decided that they needed a way to communicate, so together they were learning Morse Code. Chichi would flash a message, and Light would pick it up. They both hoped that it would be a useful skill.

    As he’s about to begin walking, Light noticed something moving out of the corner of his eye. Worried that it might be dangerous he turned quickly to face it, Light gasped as he saw the huge horns of the Stantler. A pit of fear formed in his stomac as his eyes fell upon the angry expiration on it’s face.

    what could have made it this angry? Oh! It must have seen me helping Phanpy and had a grudge agents him!

    Quickly filling Chichi in on what the problem was Light decided to solve this as quickly as possible.

    Chichi worried for Light’s safety, hoped down from under his hoot and stood to face the Stantler.

    “um, hey maby we can sort this out peac-”

    The Stantler charged at Chichi intent of getting him out of the way to get to Light.

    “Chiiiii” the angler fish screamed as he rolled out of the way of the Tackle attack.

    The Stantler snorted in annoyance as his attack missed, and began to paw the ground eager to attack again. Thoughts were racing through Light’s head; strategies, abilities, items in his bag.

    “Got it! Chichi stall him, use Thunder Wave and hold it for as long as possible then if you need to use Thunder

    “Chi” the Chinchou said grimly as he began to power up his electricity.

    Pulling a second Pokéball out of his bag Light murmured to himself; “I can’t believe I forgot that I won this”

    From his bag Light pulled a Heal Ball and Phanpy’s Pokéball. He pressed the button on Phanpy’s Pokéball and prepared the other one to absorb it.

    Profile

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In the land of Fizzy Bubbles
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    I got a little carried away with some of these... sorry :P


    Desert of Illusion

    EpicSquirtle: You can't allow yourself to be intimidated by this new threat, and neither Telpo nor Numel are willing to back down either.

    The giant spikes fly in your team's direction once again, this time much larger and deadlier, but Telpo is determined to block the attack. He puts his hands together and forms a new Barrier around Numel and himself, and you pray that it'll be enough...

    The massive projectiles crash repeatedly against the psychic shield, snapping apart on contact, but the Barrier fades a little with each strike; the downpour of spikes continues, Telpo relentlessly keeping the wall up, and as the final Pin Missile makes contact, the Barrier finally shatters with impressive force, sending the small Psychic-Type tumbling several feet back... but not a single needle passed through. Both of your Pokemon remain unharmed, but whereas Numel is still in tip-top shape, Telpo is gasping for air and breathing heavily, worn out from the Barrier and a heat he just isn't used to.

    Still, fierce as always, the Teleporting Pokemon follows through with his orders and runs up to the massive Cacturne, his hand crackling with electric enery, and slams his fist against the opponent's huge leg... to no effect whatsoever. Not only is Cacturne a Grass-Type, the terrain is entirely made of sand, making the electric current pass through the cactus's body and dissipate through the ground like it was nothing. Disappointed and exhausted, Telpo collapses, his tank having run dry. Only Numel remains, but no matter how much the tiny thing Growls, the Cacturne just laughs it off; why should it be intimidated by such a puny opponent at all? It ominously steps forward, looking to finish the job, and then...


    A massive stream of liquid fire flies over your head and crashes straight into the Cacturne, making it lose its footing and fall back. It's only when it stops moving and reverts back to its original size that you realize it's been knocked out. You turn to see what could have possibly defeated such a monster in one move, and come face to face with a large Camerupt followed closely by countless other Numel. So that had to be an Eruption...

    The herd makes it way toward you, and the Numel you'd been commanding in battle runs over to them - it must be its family. Now that the battle is over, you rush over to Telpo, who is coming back to his senses, apparently unharmed. You then notice several small green creatures swarming over around the fallen Cacturne, and realize they're a group of Cacnea. They wake both Cacturne up, but neither seems to be in a fighting mood anymore as they lock eyes with the Camerupt.

    The two groups begin to shout and argue with each other, but naturally you understand nothing of what's being said. After a while, the Camerupt turns its back to the Cacturne and slowly walks over to you. It begins to talk, but again, you can't make out a word. Telpo holds your hand and provides a very welcome translation through telepathy; suddenly, you begin to understand everything the camel is saying as though it's speaking in plain English.

    I thank you for looking after this young one, human. It's a feisty one. We've been in conflict with the cacti for a very long time over who should own this land, and I fear war is inevitable at this point. We have been living in this land for the last several decades in peace, but the cacti came and claimed ownership of it overnight. This we cannot allow, so we fight. The land was barren and lifeless when our ancestors, a nomad tribe of Numel and Camerupt, arrived here. It was the dryest part of the desert, but also the only one not occupied by predators, so they made it their home. Overtime, the rains came, and all of our ancestors' toil paid off. We will not stand down and watch the cacti take everything from us! If you could be persuaded to join our side, know that you will be welcome among us.

    The Camerupt bows its head and leaves, followed by the countless Numel. The one who fought alongside pauses briefly, looks over to you and reluctantly follows the heard. It's not long before they fade out of view. Then, the Cacturne's voice is heard, and Telpo is once again quick to translate.

    Lies! The camel lies as it always has. The founding fathers of this part of the desert were our ancestors, a tribe of Cacturne and Cacnea like ourselves! They ruled this land and hunted as they pleased, until the drought became too much even for them. Our forefathers were forced to move away from this part of the desert until the rains returned, and in the meantime the camels occupied the land. By the time our ancestors returned to their homeland, they were kept out by the camels who claimed the land was empty when they'd arrived, so the Desert now belonged to them! To this day we have fought to reclaim our home, while they claim that we are stealing it! All we are doing is taking back what was once ours... Human, you're strong and wise. I'm sure you can see the reason for our struggle! If you wish, we welcome you to join our ranks in the upcoming battle. We will wait for your decision.

    The two Cacturne leave in the direction opposite that of the Camerupt, several Cacnea following suit, and soon after they're gone from your sight. You think over what just happened, trying to make up your mind. Who should you follow, if anybody? Should you just leave this place altogether before all hell breaks loose?

    What do you do?



    ''Telpo!!''
    Jake yelled as Telpo collapsed from the strain of his last move.

    Quickly, Jake reached for one of the pokeballs but stopped.
    ''I'll wait to see how Numel does before I send out another pokemon''
    Jake thought before watching to see how this was going to turn out. But it didn't turn out good. The small camel pokemon started growling, but instead of the desired effect, the cactus just laughed.

    The Cacturne then stepped forward intending to finish things off, but was interrupted by a huge stream of liquid fire, knocking the Cacturne back.

    Once again Jake reached for a pokeball from his belt, expecting the cactus to get back up.

    ''Wait, it's not moving, and it's now regular size, it fainted!'' Jake said to himself before turning around to see what could have taken out such a powerful pokemon in one move.

    As he turned, Jake came face to face with a Camerupt, with a ton of Numel nearby.

    ''A Camerupt, then that move just then must have been Eruption'' Jake noted.

    The group of camels then started walking towards him, and the Numel that had been under his command ran over.
    ''So that must be his family then.''
    ''Wait, Telpo!''
    Jake remembered before running over to his fallen pokemon.

    ''Telpo, are you ok?!''
    ''Telpo?!''

    ''I'm ok, master''
    Telpo replied before getting back up.

    Jake then noticed out of the corner of his eye that many small green creatures surrounding the fallen cactus.

    The cactus then woke, and begin arguing with the Numel and Camerupt.

    Jake couldn't understand a word, which was a nice change of pace for him. Though some would kill for what he had, he wanted to be normal, and though he never would be, he was fine with these on and off occurrences.

    Jake snapped out of it in time for Telpo's translation.

    The Camerupt thanked Jake for looking after the young Numel, before explaining that the cactus pokemon and them had been in conflict for a long time, that war was inevitable, and then explaining there side of the story.

    There ancestors, a tribe of Numel and Camerupt had arrived in this land, and had lived in peace for decades before the cacti came and claimed ownership of it.

    Then the Camerupt invited Jake to join there side, before leaving with the Numel, though the one which had fought the Cacturne with Telpo looked reluctant to follow.

    Before Jake could make much of it, the Cacturne spoke up and Telpo once again started to translate.

    Their ancestors found this land, and ruled over it until the drought became to much and they had to move. When they came back, they were kept out by the Numel and Camerupt, saying that they had found the land empty so it was theirs.

    The Cacturne then invited Jake to join their side before leaving with the Cacnea.

    ''So who's side are we going to choose?'' Telpo asked

    ''I'm not sure yet, I mean, both should be able to rule the land, peacefully, but I don't think that's an option.'' Jake replied.

    ''Well, then let's book it, it's not our problem, right?'' Telpo asked.

    ''We aren't just going to turn our backs on this, that wouldn't be right'' Jake said sternly.

    Telpo didn't respond, but looked kind of disappointed.

    Several minutes later, Jake came to a conclusion.

    ''Alright, I've got who we are going to side with!'' Jake announced.

    ''Really, which one?'' Telpo asked.

    ''The Numel and Camerupt, the cacti left the land, even if it was for a good reason, they still left, that makes it up for grabs, it's the camels land now, so we'll help them defend it from the cacti.'' Jake explained

    ''Sounds reasonable'' Telpo replied.

    ''Alright then let's go!'' Jake exclaimed before he ran off in the direction that the camels went,with Telpo right behind
    Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 25th July 2013 at 6:44 PM.

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    That weird part of my mind
    Posts
    629

    Default I'm sorry I'm so late :(

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    I got a little carried away with some of these... sorry :P
    The Graveyard

    swampertforever: Quentin and Cade both look at you expectantly, the former patiently, the latter not quite. Their eyes fixed on the back of your head burn like live coal as you desperately skim through pages and pages of memories. You find yourself wishing you could have more time to read them, as the Gravekeeper strikes you as having been a remarkable man from all the entries you glance through. But there are greater concerns at this moment, so you press on, hurriedly trying to find the smallest lead in the Diary.

    You feel unspeakably relieved as you finally find the all-important entry - the treasure must be buried inside Tina's grave. It was a long-held tradition to bury loved ones with valuable items, the Ancient Egyptians immediately coming to mind, and the Gravekeeper was probably no stranger to all those rituals; after all, death had been his trade since he was little.

    And conflicted as you are to ransack a grave, that one in particular, you force yourself to face the truth: you have no other option. The Gravekeeper would never have allowed it, but this world belongs to the living and you and your friends' well-being must take priority. After all, even if you refused to help, it'd only be a matter of time before these two found the treasure themselves, so what good would it do to throw your lives away now?

    You reluctantly instruct the two men to follow the scent of Gracideas, as instructed in the Diary. Both smile at the new set of instructions, but you notice a difference between those smiles: Cade is clearly grinning with lust for gold, whereas Quentin seems mildly touched by the old man's gesture of marking the grave with flowers and his own smile quickly begins to fade. Perhaps the realization that he'll have to desecrate that grave to get his treasure isn't sitting too well with him.

    Cade suddenly laughs and talks loudly.

    - Knew you had it in you, kid! Maybe when we're done here we can formally initiate you in our line of business! You're no better than the two of us after all. Now, tracking down those flowers... I wonder if this pup here can pull that off! No point in wearing down our own dogs if this one can do it for them.

    The Houndour seems to pick up on what Cade means, and shakes its head vigorously in refusal. Quentin takes a step forward, leans down and pats the black hound on the head.

    - The quicker you do this for us, the sooner we'll let you go. Just play along, will you? We'll just take the treasure and be on our way if you help us out.

    With each passing moment you realize that Quentin's mindset is vastly different from Cade's. Houndour apparently understands this as well and drops its head, resignated, before starting to sniff the dirt in search of leads, seemingly with no luck. After a while it raises its head again and tries to catch the Gracidea's scent in the air, but to no avail either... it seems it can't use Odor Sleuth yet.

    - Worthless piece of sh*t!

    Cade loses his patience and kicks Houndour square in the gut, making it lose its footing and fall to the ground in pain. The hound gets back up and growls ferociously, ready to pounce on the attacker, but at the last second decides against it and stands its ground, visibly hurt.

    - Cade, stop it you idiot! The hell was that for?!

    Quentin reaches for his belt and releases a Pokemon from a Moon Ball - a large Houndoom. Cade swears before doing the same, releasing a second fully-evolved hellhound.

    - Thing's just a pup, I doubt it even has proper teeth yet. The old man couldn't even train it properly before kicking the bucket! I see why the boss left it behind to rot during that last raid, would've done us no good to waste food on that one.

    - You know the boss cared for this Houndour. He only let it go because he knew this one would never allow itself to be raised for graverobbing.

    - Yeah, there's that too; this useless mutt softened the boss's heart to the point where he quit altogether! If anything, this Houndour's the reason there's just the two of us left in the biz. Maybe I'll feed it to Adra and Melech when this is over!

    The two Houndoom bark excitedly before eyeing the small Houndour. Have these two been raised in such a vile manner as to eat their own kind?!

    - You'll do nothing of that! Let's just get the goddamn gold and leave! We're wasting time.

    Cade mutters something and finally isntructs the Houndoom duo to track down the Gracidea's scent with their Odor Sleuth, which proves no trouble to either of them as they immediately dash in a certain direction.

    - There ya have it! Now kid, since you were so kind as to point us in the right direction, do be so kind as to see this through to the end. So... run.

    You have no choice but to do as Cade says; who knows if he has any more Houndoom in that belt? If you tried to escape now, he could well just sick a couple more blood hounds on you... You shake your head in disgust and run after the Houndoom, with the two graverobbers close behind.

    After a good while of running, your body still aching from the earlier blast but considerably less than before, you spot the dogs once more. They've stopped and are barking happily near a tombstone... It seems they found it.
    Cade approaches the grave, kneels down and picks something up. When he turns around, you see he's holding a half-withered Gracidea flower and grinning widely.

    - Jackpot, b*tches!

    He drops the flower and stomps on it, walks over to you and grabs you violently by the hair, making you look him in the eye.

    - You better pray this is the right spot boy, because if you made us run like mad for nothing, I'll gut you and feed you to the dogs before I do the same to that pup and the filthy monkey. Now, I just got one last favour to ask of you... Start digging. Pretty please?

    Hearing this, neither Houndour nor Blue can pretend you're a complete stranger anymore. Both walk over to the grave and start digging themselves using their paws, looking to spare you the toil and humiliation. While Cade looks amused, as if he'd known all along that those two were with you, Quentin silently unstraps the large shovel he'd been carrying on his back and sends the Pokemon away.

    - Our treasure, our job. Get to work, Cade.

    Cade curses under his breath and takes out his own shovel, joining Quentin in the task. Tired and hurt, you sit down on the ground, powerlessly watching the two men destroy what the Gravekeeper spent the last several years of his life protecting on his own. He might be dead now, but you were the one that put the final nail in the coffin by guiding the graverobbers here. Sick of pretending - was there a point anymore? -, Blue and Houndour come sit next to you, exhausted and scared.
    Time goes by and Cade and Quentin relentlessly dig away in search of the loot that they, too ,spent the last several years fighting for. The Gravekeeper had stood in their way for a long time, outlasting even the former leader of the gang, but they'd gotten the last laugh after all, so it's only natural that they'd persevere in this very last stretch. Both are sweating and looking gassed, the thick fog making the task even more demanding. And finally...

    - Cade, it's... her remains.

    - Keep diggin', Quentin. The old hag's bones won't make us rich. They're about as valuable as that k...

    They stop abruptly. Cade bends over and picks something up from within the grave... a small leather bag? The man's hand begins to shake, and it doesn't take long for you to realize it's out of repressed anger.

    - Quentin... what is this? What the f*** is this?...

    The older man takes the bag from Cade's grasp and drops the contents in his hand. You can't make it out from where you're standing, but Quentin is quick to clarify.

    - Wedding rings... they're the couple's wedding rings, Cade. It's all they are. This... is the Gravekeeper's treasure. This is everything the old man had, Cade.

    The younger graverobber stands in silence for what feels like an eternity, then suddenly snaps.

    - I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS! Years after years of putting up with the old lunatic's tricks, mind games and home-made explosives, years of telling all the quitters that they were wrong, and this is my f**king pay?!

    His eyes fall on you, cold and deranged, and he quickens his pace in your direction.

    - You. This is all your fault! You tricked me! Tell me where the real treasure is, NOW!!

    Before he can lay his hands on you, Quentin grabs him by the shoulder, no doubt looking to talk some sense into him. As soon as he touches him however, Cade spins around and swings his shovel straight at Quentin, hitting him on the side of the head with such violence that the older man collapses to the ground immediately, knocked out cold.

    - I've had enough of you too! Constantly holding me back, dragging me down! You were in on this too, weren't you, you prick?!

    The two Houndoom, Adra and Melech, watch passively as the scene unfolds. You would have expected one of them to at least try and defend its Trainer, but neither moved a muscle. Only when Cade hissed the next sentence did the beasts react.

    - Listen up you filthy mutts! The first one to kill the boy gets to eat both him and Quentin! Get to it!!

    Adra and Melech immediately assume battle stances, growling ominously as they move in your direction. Blue and Houndour instinctively take a step back, but it's evident you won't be able to talk your way out of this anymore. On the bright side, if by some miracle you manage to deal with Cade and his dogs, it'll all be over!

    What do you do?!
    OOC: Trust me. Carried away is good. Tough to reply to, but good.

    The difference between the two men became obvious once Michael judged their reactions to his terrible confession. Cade's smile was empty of emotions bar greed, whereas Quentin's showed that he was moved by the Gravekeeper's actions. The emotional difference was such that Michael wondered why the duo would even work together... and that maybe Quentin would be an unlikely ally. Cade's sudden laugh snapped Michael out of his thoughts.

    - Knew you had it in you, kid! Maybe when we're done here we can formally initiate you in our line of business! You're no better than the two of us after all. Now, tracking down those flowers... I wonder if this pup here can pull that off! No point in wearing down our own dogs if this one can do it for them.

    It was obvious what Cade wanted the young Houndour to do, even to the puppy who started to refuse. Quentin took a step towards the puppy, and started to pet him reassuringly.

    - The quicker you do this for us, the sooner we'll let you go. Just play along, will you? We'll just take the treasure and be on our way if you help us out.

    Whatever the two robbers motives were, it was clear that Quentin was more patient and empathetic than Cade, the clearly insane. Houndour realised this too, more willing to listen to the older man. The young puppy started to sniff around, trying to track the Gracidea scent. After a while, one thing became evident: The puppy was too young to use Odor Sleuth yet.

    - Worthless piece of sh*t!

    Cade wasn't taking the young fire type's ignorance lightly. He kicked Houndour directly in the gut, causing him to fall to the floor. Reflexively the hound stood up and growled, ready to retaliate, but once he realised where he was, and who he was dealing with, he backed down, trying not to fall again.

    - Cade, stop it you idiot! The hell was that for?!

    Quentin called a large Houndoom to the field, prompting Cade to swear and release his own.

    - Thing's just a pup, I doubt it even has proper teeth yet. The old man couldn't even train it properly before kicking the bucket! I see why the boss left it behind to rot during that last raid, would've done us no good to waste food on that one.

    - You know the boss cared for this Houndour. He only let it go because he knew this one would never allow itself to be raised for graverobbing.

    - Yeah, there's that too; this useless mutt softened the boss's heart to the point where he quit altogether! If anything, this Houndour's the reason there's just the two of us left in the biz. Maybe I'll feed it to Adra and Melech when this is over!

    Michael watched as the two Graverobbers argued over the small Houndour. From what he could make out, the young fire-type had been trained by the Graverobber's boss, but had been released due to its refusal to work in the trade of Bodysnatching. The two men seemed to have differing views on their boss; whereas Quentin spoke of the man as fair and understanding, Cade spoke of him as soft and the bane of their profession. It came to a head when Cade threatened to feed the young pup to his hounds. The two dogs barked excitedly, whereas Michael silently gagged. Who would train a Pokemon to do such a vile act?

    - You'll do nothing of that! Let's just get the goddamn gold and leave! We're wasting time.

    After a few quiet comments Cade ordered his two Houndoom to sleuth out the odor of Gracidea, which took no time due to their more advanced level. The pair of dogs dashed off, leaving the three humans behind. Cade turned to Michael.

    - There ya have it! Now kid, since you were so kind as to point us in the right direction, do be so kind as to see this through to the end. So... run.

    There were no other options at this point for Michael to take; If he refused his orders the teen could find himself becoming dinner for a couple more hungry hungry hellhounds. Michael shook his head and ran. And ran. And ran. It felt like hell, his body still ached and his leg was still throbbing, but he kept up enough strength to follow the two older Hell Hounds to their destination: A lone tombstone adorned with nothing but an old, withered Gracidea. Cade picked the small flower up, grinning like a maniac.

    - Jackpot, b*tches!

    Proving he was the crueller of the two men, Cade dropped and destroyed the Gracidea. He walked over to his captive and yanked him upright by his hair, causing Michael to let out a sharp screech of pain.

    - You better pray this is the right spot boy, because if you made us run like mad for nothing, I'll gut you and feed you to the dogs before I do the same to that pup and the filthy monkey. Now, I just got one last favour to ask of you... Start digging. Pretty please?

    Any pretense that Houndour and Blue had fell away with the threat to Michael's life. The pair of Pokemon began to frantically dig the grave up themselves, earning an amused look from Cade.
    'Did he see through my ruse?' Michael thought, worried. Then again, he was never a good liar...
    While the teen was focusing more on Cade, the elder of the two Graverobbers had unstrapped a shovel from his back. With a wave of his hand the two small Pokemon ceased digging and moved away from the grave, allowing him to start digging himself.

    - Our treasure, our job. Get to work, Cade.

    Michael could do nothing but just sit and watch as Quentin and Cade started the dubious task of exhuming the treasure from Tina's grave. Blue and the Houndour sat next to him - what was the point of continuing their little charade now? The trainer wrapped his arm around his Panpour's waist, hugging him close to reassure him. He debated whether or not to do the same to the young Houndour, but decided against it. He was the reason the puppy was in this mess to begin with, it would be a bit insensitive. Time passed as the two men dug up their foes grave. Each thrust of the shovels were like stabs in the heart of the old graverobber, destroying what little link the man had to the living world. The fog grew thicker over the graveyard, hampering but not stopping the robber's efforts. Until...

    - Cade, it's... her remains.

    - Keep diggin', Quentin. The old hag's bones won't make us rich. They're about as valuable as that k...

    They stopped. Almost as suddenly as the two men started digging, they stopped. Michael didn't understand why. Had they found something? That question was answered as Cade withdrew something from the Grave. Something that looked like a small bag. Whatever it was, for some reason it was causing his hands to shake. There was a few reasons his hands would be shaking in this situation: if he were extremely happy... or extremely angry.
    And Cade didn't look happy.

    - Quentin... what is this? What the f*** is this?...

    Quentin grabbed the bag from the younger Graverobber, and from it he took something out. Whatever it was, Michael couldn't tell, but Quentin quickly clarified for the sake of it.

    - Wedding rings... they're the couple's wedding rings, Cade. It's all they are. This... is the Gravekeeper's treasure. This is everything the old man had, Cade.

    An uneasy silence fell over the group as Cade simply stood there. Time seemed to slow to an unbearable crawl. The tension could have been cut with a spoon. Then, Cade, for want of a better word, snapped.

    - I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS! Years after years of putting up with the old lunatic's tricks, mind games and home-made explosives, years of telling all the quitters that they were wrong, and this is my f**king pay?!

    The deranged Cade drew closer to Michael with the intent to kill.

    - You. This is all your fault! You tricked me! Tell me where the real treasure is, NOW!!

    Instinctively, in an attempt to weaken the obvious upcoming assault, the teen covered his face with his arms. However, the blows he was anticipating never came, as Quentin stepped in to intervene. Instead, something worse happened. Cade smashed his shovel into his partner's head, knocking him out. Michael watched the older man fall, inadvertently crying out in disbelief. Immediately, Three heads turned in the teen's direction, each sporting a look that could kill a man. Maybe it was because they were about to...

    - Listen up you filthy mutts! The first one to kill the boy gets to eat both him and Quentin! Get to it!!

    The two Houndoom emitted fierce growls, prompting Michael, Blue and Houndour to take a couple of steps back out of fear.

    'Not good... this is so not good, what could we do against two Houndoom? If we ran, they'd catch us, and surrender isn't an option. Cade would strike us down before I could say anything.'

    There was only one way he could handle this. He had to battle them. Michael's nerves kicked in. He was only used to friendly battles, not 'if we lose we die' battles! The teen tried to keep his voice level as he relayed his orders.

    "Blue, urm... ROLE PLAY Adra. I've heard that they are naturally immune to their own fire, maybe we could borrow that trait. Then smack her... or him... with an AQUA TAIL!"

    He then turned to the young pup also standing next to him.

    "I'm sorry I dragged you into this mess... but please could I ask you to help us? If you will, please use SMOG to distract Melech."
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile/My lil' Cable Club Post/PASBL
    Inactive Ref



    Hey you!
    Do you like battling? Do you like Anime battles? Want to try it yourself? Well, why not
    Get started in the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    Any questions about PASBL? Well, ask them here!

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Desert of Illusion

    EpicSquirtle: ((Careful with your grammar. “Their”, “there” and “they’re” are all different words with different meanings, so watch out for that. I’ve seen you write pretty well already, so strive to keep it up!))

    It certainly isn’t an easy decision to make. When you come down to it, both the Caturne and Camerupt have some legitimacy in wanting to own the land. Unfortunately, it seems impossible for them to coexist, and there will be war. The question is who, if anyone, to side with.

    After a while of introspection, you make your choice. The camels have claimed this land while it was empty, therefore it isn’t stolen. Even if the cacti had a strong reason to leave, they still left, and the land was up for grabs. Besides, part of you wants to see that Numel again… Telpo looks annoyed as he’d much prefer to leave this place altogether and play no part in the upcoming battle. However, your sense of justice is much too strong to walk away now, so you set off to find the Camerupt and its caravan.

    With Telpo’s Psychic abilities, it’s not hard to track them down; your trusty partner senses their collective thoughts, faintly at first, then progressively stronger as you close in on them; those are tow advantages of Camerupt over Caturne by Telpo’s standards: they aren’t immune to his Psychic powers, and they move really, really slow. Still, it takes you about half an hour of braving the unrelenting heat of the Desert of Illusions to catch up to them.

    When you finally spot them, you can’t help but smile. There are no more than four Camerupt in total, looking over dozens of Numel on their own. While it has to be tough for them, you can tell they’re a tight family, and how couldn’t they be? After years of fighting together against a common threat, bonds can only get stronger. At the same time, the thought that many of these tiny Numel will be forced to go to war soon makes your heart heavy; they’re all so young! You can only pray that the opposing forces are equally ripe with Cacnea and just as sparse on Cacturne, and that the camels’ type advantage will be enough to minimize casualties. And heck, you’re here to help too!

    You approach the caravan, your pace slowed to a crawl courtesy of the unforgiving temperature. The Camerupt spot you and immediately take positions to defend their offspring, but one of them steps forward and orders the others to stand down. It must be the one that you met just a while ago. As it speaks, Telpo once again begins to translate.

    - So, human… have you chosen to side with us after all, or are you here as a scout for the cacti?

    It takes a long, hard look at you, and continues talking without waiting for an actual answer.

    - If you’ve chosen to fight against us, we’ll find out very soon. But if you’ve decided to fight for our cause, then tell me why you did. The Cacturne is not wrong in its own argument, so why us, human? I need to feel your resolve before I accept you in our ranks. So, human… tell me who you are and why you’ve really chased us all the way here through the sand and the heat.



    DaveTheFishGuy: Many trainers would feel overwhelmed and willing to give up when faced with this kind of odds. Here you are, about to take on arguably the strongest Trainer in the village, in front a large audience and against a Hippowdon, relying on nothing but a fish out of water and a wild Dwebble. If this was happening to anyone else, and you were one of those lucky guys in the crowd, you’d possibly be laughing your head off. Unfortunately you’re not, and what’s worse, the outcome of this battle will be a huge deciding factor on whether or not you’ll gain the village’s support against the giant, ravenous Tyranitar. No pressure.

    Jabal refrains from issuing commands at first; you reckon he’s both buying time for the sandstorm to properly kick in and waiting to see what you can come up with. Well, you’ll give him a show then. Holding Suzi like a handgun, the only way you can assure some reliability out of her in this environment, you plan to send Dwebble to the front line while firing with the Remoraid at long range. The sight is both amusing and ingenious to the old man, who laughs heartily in approval.

    - You’re a curious one, I’ll give you that! Now, try and best me if you can!

    Dwebble charges head-first, its tiny claws glowing with white energy as it slashes the much larger opponent repeatedly, barely phasing it at first, but becoming increasingly more uncomfortable with each swing, to the point where Hippowdon instinctively shoves the tiny bug back with its enormous snout, sending it tumbling across the floor. And it didn’t even have to use a proper attack…

    Undeterred, both you and Dwebble stick to the plan; the Bug-Type charges again and resumes pelting the hippo with Fury Cutter, much to its annoyance, while you take aim and hit the opponent dead-on with a pinpoint Water Gun that makes it properly roar in pain this time. Seems you’re going somewhere! Just then, you start feeling a stinging sensation all over your exposed skin; the sandstorm’s getting violent, to the point where several onlookers are already leaving the scene.

    - Impressive start, bamra. Can you keep it up and topple the Pillar of Power? Now, Hippowdon, get rid of that annoying insect first! Body Slam it and put it out of its misery!

    Unfortunately for Dwebble, it’s much too close and too focused on its Fury Cutter to dodge; all Hippowdon has to do is suddenly raise its front legs and drop all of its massive weight on top of the poor insect, who is left helplessly trapped below. For all you know, it may be squashed!
    Suzi however isn’t in the mood for quiet contemplation, and carries out her own orders to perfection: spitting a spiral of water, the liquid stream dances in progressively wider circles as it makes its way towards the opponent; a curious and unexpected effect takes place as the increasingly bigger Whirlpool kicks up several particles from the clayey soil which, mixed with the sand whipped up by the raging sandstorm, results in a massive, muddy tornado that slams incredibly hard against the defenseless Hippowdon! The mud-thick water hits much harder than it would have under normal circumstances, to the point where the large hippo loses its footing and tumbles to the side, releasing Dwebble in the process! Unfortunately, the Body Slam seems to have temporarily crippled the tiny bug who, as if paralyzed, struggles to get back up after the shock and is unable to pull off the Rock Blast. Still, all things considered, the battle is going pretty well so far!

    Jabal looks on in silence as the events unfold, and finally decides to get serious.

    - Remarkable sense of strategy, bamra! Now for a slightly harder trial… Hippowdon, let’s end this one strike apiece! Destroy Dwebble with Fire Fang, then finish off that annoying Remoraid with Thunder Fang!

    He grins as he looks you dead in the eye.

    - Better let go of that fish while you can… Hippowdon won’t care if you’re in the way.



    The Graveyard

    swampertforever: ((Had to do a bit of research to check whether Role Play worked on Dark-Types. :P))

    The prospect of death as the result of a lost Pokemon battle is a foreign concept to you. Then again, it probably is to most other living people as well. Standing somewhere in the middle of a Graveyard, surrounded by purple mist and being face-to-face with a deranged man and two famished hellhounds is just about as nerve-wrecking as it can get, but somehow, you maintain the presence of mind required to formulate a battle plan – one that had better work, or else!

    Blue evidently shares your fear and apprehension, slowly stepping into battle while looking back at you several times for some manner of reassurance, but there’s little to be found; it’s literally do or die, and both of you know it. Clenching his fists, the Panpour concentrates and locks eyes with Adra, his own glowing blue and then the Houndoom’s as well. When the glow fades, it’s impossible to tell whether the plan worked or not; only time will tell. After all, not every Houndoom is impervious to fire, as some are instead noticeably more resistant to sleep. Only one of those would help right now; you reckon there’s little chance either of you will be falling asleep for the next several months either way... What you’re sure of is that, if Adra was hungry before, having been granted Gluttony as its Ability seems to have made it even more restless!

    The young Houndour is also eager to help; stepping forward as soon as you call for its assistance, the pup arches its head back and belches… a tiny cloud of violet poison, which harmlessly dissipates in the air. It seems Smog is also outside of Houndour’s range for now… but before you can encourage the pup, Melech pounces and takes it down, pinning it to the ground with its claws. You watch in horror as the larger Houndoom’s mouth begins to light up and fuming, followed by a massive Flamethrower fired at point blank!

    But before you can witness the outcome, you’re forced to shift attention back to Blue; the little monkey cries in pain as the now dangerously-gluttonous Adra retaliates against the otherwise innocuous Role Play with a much more offensive move of its own, blasting the Panpour with a Dark Pulse that sends it tumbling back all the way against your legs. You help Blue back to his feet and remind him of your instructions, which the monkey happily acknowledges and puts in motion: leaping forward at impressive speed, he swirls around and smacks Adra right on the snout with a water-charged tail slap, sending the hellhound back several feet as well. Seems you’re evenly matched in power for now, but the super-effective hit from Aqua Tail may have put Blue slightly in the lead in this early going. But wait… Houndour!

    Your heart skips a beat when you look back at the scene with Melech and the pup; the former remains standing over its foe, Houndour isn’t moving, the soil around them is scorched… and suddenly, a familiar bark is heard! It’s alright!
    Melech roars back; it looks on confused, unable to understand how Houndour yet lives. It then barks furiously and unleashes a second stream of flames at its pinned-down opponent, but again as the fire subsides, Houndour remains unharmed! What’s more, it’s wagging its tail vigorously, as if it’s somehow… stronger than before! Could that mean?…

    What do you do now?



    The Ocean of Mystery

    LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover: Merri looks on as you leave her on the deck all by herself, trying to memorize the route you take. You pray that the tiny Krabby pulls it off, despite the absolute lack of reassurance on her part, but the show must go on… hopefully with you still in the main role, instead of comedy relief as you’re thrown off the ship.

    You try your best to keep your composure while you plead with the sailor to show you where Wailmer is. For all your ability to think fast, talking fast is far from your comfort zone. The man looks at you with a mixture of surprise and utter befuddlement as you stammer and laugh nervously all throughout, and when you’re done the long, long moment of silence that follows makes you wonder if you blew it even before you got started.

    - I… well, I’m not sure. But I guess, if you’re following the Captain’s orders… just don’t touch anything, or else! It’s my neck on the line here, so don’t screw up.

    Your heart skips a beat, but you fight your hardest to keep your cool. He took the bait! Well, that was an appropriate saying. The underling starts walking with large steps, probably the only way he knows how, that you struggle to keep up with. He takes you to the back of the ship, where the deck is even wetter than where you were, if that’s even possible; you guess the Wailmer must have been responsible for nearly flooding this section of the boat as it was dragged into confinement…

    While you absent-mindedly picture the scene of the baby Wailmer’s capture in your mind, the sailor suddenly stops and you bump into him. He throws you a death stare and points toward a very large, square trapdoor of sorts on the middle of the deck, almost like a giant manhole cover.

    - Over there. Turn the handle and lift the door if you can, the fish is inside. If anybody asks, tell them the Captain sent you, it’s the only way you won’t get kicked out.

    Ignoring the fact that the idiot just called Wailmer a fish, you thank him and walk over to the indicated spot. Sure enough, there is a large rusty handle on it, so you grab it with both hands and pull up as hard as you can. Just when you’re about to give up, it begins to slide open ever so slowly, the thing’s inhumanly heavy! Or maybe you just don’t have the arm strength that sailors do, this isn’t part of your daily chores after all. Either way, you keep pulling with everything you have, until eventually the gap is large enough for you to pass through. You quickly let go and slide in just as the door shuts itself again, that was close!

    There’s a metal staircase that leads several feet down. The hull is poorly lit and the steps are wet, so you walk carefully so as not to slip. Bringing the Wailmer down must have been a real pain… When you finally reach the bottom, you take a moment to look around. The sight is both impressive and unsettling.

    All around you are enormous tanks filled with water and tightly isolated with a sort of iron lid on top. Each tank is linked to a nearby computer terminal each with several readings on it: water temperature, sodium chloride concentration, total osmolarity, organic compound percentage, etc. There are countless cords and cables across the floor, rows of these tanks lined up in succession on two sides of a narrow metal walkway that starts at the bottom of the staircase, exactly where you stand. There’s no telling how big the area itself is or how many tanks there are, but judging by the sheer size of the ship, you can imagine there’s a lot more than what you’re seeing right now. But fortunately, what you came to look for isn’t very far at all.

    The very first tank to your right is the only one which contains more than just water. In it resides the very baby whale you came to find! You approach the transparent prison where it’s being kept and place a hand on the cold glass. The Wailmer is flailing around helplessly, headbutting the walls to no effect whatsoever. This must be a special kind of glass, or not glass at all... You glance over at the terminal connected to this tank; aside from the usual information, this one shows the housed creature’s heart rate, body temperature, and many other bits of information as well, most of which you don’t even know what they mean. However, it also displays some useful data: ”Species: Wailmer // Gender: Male // Level: Seven”.

    The sailor mentioned that someone might ask what you’re doing here if they catch you, but so far this part of the hull seems completely empty… It’s time to put your plan into motion, but you have to be quick about it! Clock’s ticking, and Roatoga may charge at any moment… even if it doesn’t, the Captain will be seeking you out soon, so there’s no time to waste!

    What will you do?



    Forest of Adventure

    Dark Searchman: Time’s running out for Seshiro; Onix is squeezing the life out of him! Both you and Shisato are quick to realize this and reestablish your priorities: saving the male Arbok comes first!

    Shisato nods upon receiving her instructions; she places complete faith in you to rescue Seshiro. She leaps forward as her tail begins to glow with azure energy, ready to strike the immense Onix with Aqua Tail…

    - Not gonna happen! Serperior, cut her off with a Leaf Blade!

    The Grass Serpent springs into action, its own tail glowing a fluorescent green as it begins to sharpen; Shisato had been alerted to possible interruptions however, and turns around in a split-second to shoot a massive stream of poison at its attacker; the Sludge Bomb finds its mark and sends Serperior tumbling to the ground, writhing in pain as the venom burns its body.

    The downside of Shisato shifting her focus is that Onix gets to squeeze Seshiro a little tighter, and the Arbok is just about to pass out from the pain. However, through some miracle or immense attachment to you, it opens its eyes once more and begins to tighten its jaws as hard as it can; the stone begins to crack audibly, the sound of rock breaking quickly drowned out by Onix’s roar of pain. The discomfort makes the giant snake loosen its Bind slightly, allowing Seshiro some room to breathe again, and provides the window of opportunity for Shisato to resume her offense, this time around connecting dead-on with a powerful Aqua Tail that seals the deal: Onix uncoils completely and slithers back several feet in severe pain, looking to create some distance and recover as best it can.

    - Goddamn it… You’re not bad, I guess. But we’re just getting started! Serperior, pin the male one to the ground with a Grass Knot; and Onix, blast him with a Stone Edge, no mercy!

    Serperior’s eyes glow, and suddenly the ground beneath Seshiro begins to rumble, followed by a single thick vine sprouting, wrapping itself around the Arbok’s body and burrowing through the soil again on the other side, effectively keeping the Poison-Type nailed to the ground. At the same time, several large, sharp rocks materialize and spin around Onix, and they’re about to be launched at any second! Luke knows what he’s doing, trying to finish off the weaker of your two Arbok right now; Seshiro has taken a whole lot of punishment already, so this new combo might spell its end! And if you end up in a two-on-one situation…

    Quick, how will you fight back?!
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 11th August 2013 at 2:16 AM.

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Forest of Adventure

    Dark Searchman: Time’s running out for Seshiro; Onix is squeezing the life out of him! Both you and Shisato are quick to realize this and reestablish your priorities: saving the male Arbok comes first!

    Shisato nods upon receiving her instructions; she places complete faith in you to rescue Seshiro. She leaps forward as her tail begins to glow with azure energy, ready to strike the immense Onix with Aqua Tail…

    - Not gonna happen! Serperior, cut her off with a Leaf Blade!

    The Grass Serpent springs into action, its own tail glowing a fluorescent green as it begins to sharpen; Shisato had been alerted to possible interruptions however, and turns around in a split-second to shoot a massive stream of poison at its attacker; the Sludge Bomb finds its mark and sends Serperior tumbling to the ground, writhing in pain as the venom burns its body.

    The downside of Shisato shifting her focus is that Onix gets to squeeze Seshiro a little tighter, and the Arbok is just about to pass out from the pain. However, through some miracle or immense attachment to you, it opens its eyes once more and begins to tighten its jaws as hard as it can; the stone begins to crack audibly, the sound of rock breaking quickly drowned out by Onix’s roar of pain. The discomfort makes the giant snake loosen its Bind slightly, allowing Seshiro some room to breathe again, and provides the window of opportunity for Shisato to resume her offense, this time around connecting dead-on with a powerful Aqua Tail that seals the deal: Onix uncoils completely and slithers back several feet in severe pain, looking to create some distance and recover as best it can.

    - God**** it… You’re not bad, I guess. But we’re just getting started! Serperior, pin the male one to the ground with a Grass Knot; and Onix, blast him with a Stone Edge, no mercy!

    Serperior’s eyes glow, and suddenly the ground beneath Seshiro begins to rumble, followed by a single thick vine sprouting, wrapping itself around the Arbok’s body and burrowing through the soil again on the other side, effectively keeping the Poison-Type nailed to the ground. At the same time, several large, sharp rocks materialize and spin around Onix, and they’re about to be launched at any second! Luke knows what he’s doing, trying to finish off the weaker of your two Arbok right now; Seshiro has taken a whole lot of punishment already, so this new combo might spell its end! And if you end up in a two-on-one situation…

    Quick, how will you fight back?!
    As Seshiro was in a tight Bind courtesy of Onix's huge coils, Hyrem and Shisato both knew they needed to act fast if they were going to keep him in the battle. As her Tail glowed with Aquatic power, she sprung into action, but Luke saw what attack she was trying to do. "Not gonna happen! Serperior, cut her off with a Leaf Blade!" he ordered. The boa tried to intercept, but Shisato was ready for him! She turned straight toward Serperior and spit a Sludge Bomb straight at the other snake, grinning with satisfaction as it exploded and dropped Serperior onto the ground, forcing it into spasms and writhes as the venom burned against its skin. Unfortunately, this meant Shisato had to delay her attack on Onix, so he got the pleasure of squeezing Seshiro even further.

    No... Seshiro thought as he was being suffocated with his jaws still stuck in Onix's body. No... I'm... not..done yet! By sheer willpower and the love he could feel from his partners, especially Shisato, he summoned back the strength to keep fighting and used his new jaw strength to Crunch down on Onix's body, causing him to roar in pain and loosen Seshiro a little so he could breathe again just as the Arbok was able to get his fangs out of the Rock Snake's body, showing the cracks he had made on its supposedly diamond-hard exterior. This also allowed Shisato the opportunity to attack with full force, and nothing was going to get in her way of rescuing her dear friend. She hadn't hissed very loudly before while in Hyrem's care, but her confidence and ire were evident, and she proved herself a real threat as she angrily spat, "Let go of him right NOW!!" and slammed her tail down with the water splashing against Onix's body for a doubly super effective hit. Onix had to completely unravel itself from Seshiro this time so it could nurse its injuries while Serperior could only lay there in pain from Shisato's Sludge Bomb.

    "God**** it…" cursed Luke. "You’re not bad, I guess. But we’re just getting started! Serperior, pin the male one to the ground with a Grass Knot; and Onix, blast him with a Stone Edge, no mercy!" Serperior's eyes glowed as it cast a spell and Seshiro wondered where the attack would come from. Suddenly, the ground shook from underneath him as a large vine emerged. From below!? his mind raced with the thought, but he had no time to dodge before the Grass attack dug into the ground on the other side of his body, pinning him down with a large Knot. Meanwhile, Onix had several large Stones flying around it, and it was a no-brainer to Hyrem and Shisato who was going to be the target; since Seshiro was at the Edge of fainting, this attack would certainly finish him off if it hit! And then it would be just the two of them... and there would be nothing Seshiro could do about it. He grimaced and hissed with dread at the thought of Shisato being forced to fight alone. She may be capable of head-on attacks, but she wasn't as efficient at them as he was, and there was no way she would be able to win outnumbered.

    "Gotta think fast again..." Hyrem said to himself before he came up with a few ideas. "Shisato, get in front of Seshiro and use Dark Pulse on the rocks, then go for another Aqua Tail on Onix; try to hit where Seshiro attacked before! Seshiro, grab the vine holding you down with Fire Fang and pull at it to free yourself, then use another Fire Fang on Serperior!" Both Arbok nodded, and while Shisato slithered over to where Seshiro was, she had a plan of her own.

    "Seshiro, if I can, I'll try to send the rocks back at them with my Dark Pulse, then we can hopefully use that as cover and surprise them with our attacks!"
    "You, nngh... think you can do a strong enough attack to send them back?"
    "...I will certainly try," she said after a short pause.
    Seshiro had to pause himself. At some point, he had to trust in his partner, and it didn't matter whether her plan would work or not: she needed to know she had his support. "...All right. It's up to you, then," he hissed as he prepared to free himself from the snare. Luke may be trying to finish off Seshiro, but, if in doing so he underestimated what Shisato could do, she was willing to help make that mistake as costly as possible.

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Desert of Illusion

    EpicSquirtle: Look here


    DaveTheFishGuy: Look here



    The Graveyard

    swampertforever: Look here



    The Ocean of Mystery

    LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover: Look here



    Forest of Adventure

    Dark Searchman: ((Each one of your replies makes me further regret dropping off Shisato in the AC all those months ago, you know? :P))

    Seshiro is in big trouble and your gut tells you that he won't be able to withstand the incoming Stone Edge; Shisato is quick to realize the same, and the two of you decide to work together to protect the worn-down Arbok.

    The female cobra slithers quickly to cover Seshiro, charging pitch-black energy in her mouth in anticipation for the incoming Rock attack. In the meantime, the male snake tries to focus its remaining energy on its fangs, converting it into heat and, shortly afterwards, visible embers. He bites down on the thick vine that traps its body, but it'll be a while before he can free himself. Until then, it's all riding on Shisato...

    Onix roars, determined to put away the puny reptile that caused it so much unexpected distress. The sharp stones around its body fly towards the two Arbok, in what might be the decisive hit...

    - Hah, just as planned! Serperior, tie her up with your Vine Whip! Stop her Dark Pulse!

    The regal snake, faster than any other combatant, releases two vines from the side of its head that quickly wrap around the charging Arbok, disrupting her focus! Was Luke planning this all along? The Stone Edge hits Shisato dead-on, making her hiss in pain as each jagged rock slashes her body, falling to the ground when Serperior's vines loosen their grip. The sight is too much for Seshiro, who rips apart the Grass Knot in a fit of rage and lunges toward the Serperior, jaws still ablaze, biting it with such ferocity that you fear he's going to snap the opponent in half! Serperior's body lights up in flames, and when Seshiro finally sees it fit to remove his teeth from the foe's body, the grass snake collapses to the ground, unconscious. Seshiro the Arbok gains 1 Level!

    You're about to celebrate until you reassess the severity of the situation; Despite having incapacitated Serperior, it was still the lesser threat. And at what cost? Seshiro is spent, gasping for air after the outburst of anger; he has taken most of the damage throughout this match, and it's a miracle that he hasn't passed out from exhaustion yet. And while Shisato had been doing fine up until now, Luke's strategy weakened her considerably by forcing her to withstand the full force of Onix's Stone Edge. He probably knew he'd lose Serperior first, so he made the most of the Grass-Type before it went down, and now you have two debilitated Poison-Types facing one enormous Rock Type... If only Shisato had managed to follow through with Aqua Tail, but after the massive hit, she's only now beginning to pull herself together.

    You try to think positive; no matter how bleak things may seem, the number's game is still in your favour, and Onix has taken a proper beating of its own as well. Your eyes land on the cracked rocks of its midsection, a testament to Seshiro's fighting spirit and possibly the key to winning this match... Wait, what's that?

    Through the corner of your eye, something seems to move up on the trees. You couldn't clearly make it out, and when you look directly at the branches you fail to see anything unusual; either it was nothing to begin with, or it hid itself in the foliage, but it'd have to be pretty agile to have done that so quickly... Something else is off too. You've been focusing so hard on the fight and the two Arbok that you temporarily forgot, but why is your other snake so quiet for a change? You turn around to double-check on Amethyst... but she's not here! Where on earth did she go?! But you can't allow yourself to be distracted now, not at this critical juncture of the battle! You try to switch your focus back on Seshiro, Shisato and Luke's behemoth...

    What do you do?

  9. #409
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Unda da sea
    Posts
    4,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    DaveTheFishGuy: Many trainers would feel overwhelmed and willing to give up when faced with this kind of odds. Here you are, about to take on arguably the strongest Trainer in the village, in front a large audience and against a Hippowdon, relying on nothing but a fish out of water and a wild Dwebble. If this was happening to anyone else, and you were one of those lucky guys in the crowd, you’d possibly be laughing your head off. Unfortunately you’re not, and what’s worse, the outcome of this battle will be a huge deciding factor on whether or not you’ll gain the village’s support against the giant, ravenous Tyranitar. No pressure.

    Jabal refrains from issuing commands at first; you reckon he’s both buying time for the sandstorm to properly kick in and waiting to see what you can come up with. Well, you’ll give him a show then. Holding Suzi like a handgun, the only way you can assure some reliability out of her in this environment, you plan to send Dwebble to the front line while firing with the Remoraid at long range. The sight is both amusing and ingenious to the old man, who laughs heartily in approval.

    - You’re a curious one, I’ll give you that! Now, try and best me if you can!

    Dwebble charges head-first, its tiny claws glowing with white energy as it slashes the much larger opponent repeatedly, barely phasing it at first, but becoming increasingly more uncomfortable with each swing, to the point where Hippowdon instinctively shoves the tiny bug back with its enormous snout, sending it tumbling across the floor. And it didn’t even have to use a proper attack…

    Undeterred, both you and Dwebble stick to the plan; the Bug-Type charges again and resumes pelting the hippo with Fury Cutter, much to its annoyance, while you take aim and hit the opponent dead-on with a pinpoint Water Gun that makes it properly roar in pain this time. Seems you’re going somewhere! Just then, you start feeling a stinging sensation all over your exposed skin; the sandstorm’s getting violent, to the point where several onlookers are already leaving the scene.

    - Impressive start, bamra. Can you keep it up and topple the Pillar of Power? Now, Hippowdon, get rid of that annoying insect first! Body Slam it and put it out of its misery!

    Unfortunately for Dwebble, it’s much too close and too focused on its Fury Cutter to dodge; all Hippowdon has to do is suddenly raise its front legs and drop all of its massive weight on top of the poor insect, who is left helplessly trapped below. For all you know, it may be squashed!
    Suzi however isn’t in the mood for quiet contemplation, and carries out her own orders to perfection: spitting a spiral of water, the liquid stream dances in progressively wider circles as it makes its way towards the opponent; a curious and unexpected effect takes place as the increasingly bigger Whirlpool kicks up several particles from the clayey soil which, mixed with the sand whipped up by the raging sandstorm, results in a massive, muddy tornado that slams incredibly hard against the defenseless Hippowdon! The mud-thick water hits much harder than it would have under normal circumstances, to the point where the large hippo loses its footing and tumbles to the side, releasing Dwebble in the process! Unfortunately, the Body Slam seems to have temporarily crippled the tiny bug who, as if paralyzed, struggles to get back up after the shock and is unable to pull off the Rock Blast. Still, all things considered, the battle is going pretty well so far!

    Jabal looks on in silence as the events unfold, and finally decides to get serious.

    - Remarkable sense of strategy, bamra! Now for a slightly harder trial… Hippowdon, let’s end this one strike apiece! Destroy Dwebble with Fire Fang, then finish off that annoying Remoraid with Thunder Fang!

    He grins as he looks you dead in the eye.

    - Better let go of that fish while you can… Hippowdon won’t care if you’re in the way.
    It wasn't just the heat that was causing sweat to start pouring from Dave's forehead. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't nervous - this was his first proper Pokémon battle after all. But with orders issued, all he could do was watch as the consequences unfolded. He held his breath as Dwebble advanced upon the powerful behemoth before him, slowly starting its attack. While it did a pittance against the Hippowdon's durable hide, slowly but surely it started to mount up, eventually causing the Ground-type obvious discomfort. This was only added to by Suzi's Water Gun aggravating his dry, sandy skin, but as the building Sandstorm attested, this battle was only beginning.

    However, with one move from the Sandstreamer, things took a turn for the worse. Dwebble was effortlessly pinned by Hippowdon's Body Slam, Dave feeling a knot of pain in his gut as he worried for the crustacean. He could only hope that Dwebble had enough toughness to keep his resistance to Normal attacks, but being sat on by three hundred kilos of hippo would surely hurt. Fortunately, Suzi was swift to come to the rescue. The sand and clay of the surroundings served to power up her Whirlpool into something resembling a vortex inside a marsh, the mixture of debris and water smashing Hippowdon even harder than he'd hoped, sending it rolling off the trapped Dwebble. "Woah. Nice going, lass. We'll have to remember that little trick." he muttered.

    But it looked like Jabal was starting to take this battle a lot more seriously now, giving commands to his monster. Dave quickly tried to think up a strategy. 'What would Wake do?' he thought to himself, thinking back to the many times his idol had faced disadvantage and come out on top. Slowly, a plan pieced itself together in his mind. He was going to use Fire... Suzi could handle that.

    "Suzi, quick! Douse that fiery gob of his with another Water Gun! Dwebble! It's alright, little guy! If you can, fire a Rock Blast into Hippowdon's face while we're distracting him!" his quickly ordered, trying to reassure the wild Bug-type. Maybe that would get him out of his paralysis a bit quicker, but that was just hope.

    As for the rest of his orders... the fisherman tried to wrack his brains. How could he keep Suzi free of damage whilst also not letting her flop about on the sand? Or getting his arm bitten? But wait, that was it! "You're right, Jabal. I should let her go. Suzi, when Hippowdon approaches, use Whirlpool again and I'll throw you into it. Swim around, keep moving so that he can't find you while the water washes around him. Dwebble! While that's happening, launch another Fury Cutter from behind... if you can! You can do it, li'l guy!"

    A hare-brained scheme it surely was. Either it would work spectacularly, or Suzi would be left flopping on the sands at the mercy of the collossus. Dave gritted his teeth as he prepared to throw his partner. Only time would tell how this would work out...

    Profile

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fallen Far From the Sky
    Posts
    763

    Default

    I was going to write a paragraph about what I sucked at while writing this, but I realized it would cover the whole thing so I declined. Yes, it's that bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazey Boy ^^

    Silverton Ranges
    Fallen Icarus


    The little girl looks into your face intently as you tell her who you are. She hardly takes notice of the fact that you asked her when the storm was going to lay off. She was too busy tilting her head back and forth, noting the name Icarus as it bumped around in her head like a silver bell. "So your name is Icarus huh Onii-chan? That's a pretty name isn't it? My parents named me a really long name. They said that since I was born on the first day of winter that I was going to be a snow fairy and dance around in the snow. And so they named me Yuki no yosei. Though my friends all call me Yuki! It's nice to meet you Icarus, Onii-chan." Yuki bows politely as if curtsying to you.

    The little girl then looks solemnly at the ground, and at the sash around her waist. She sniffles to herself, but no tears came. Only a single shard of ice fell out of her eye and hit the floor. "But they aren't here anymore. Ma, or oto-san, or big sister. They all vanished." Yuki then begins to sob and weep, but no tears come out of her eyes. Instead, little pieces of ice fall where the tears would have been. You look over concerned that she might be freezing to death, but she hardly looks hypothermic at all. She still looks healthy. You put a hand on her head and notice that it is ice-cold. You pull away your hand quickly, but Yuki notices and sobs some more. "It's true isn't it? The legends...they are true." Before you can question what those legends could possibly be, she continues in, talking through stifled sobs and whimpers. "They say that when a young girl gets lost in the mountain all alone she begins to turn into a yuki onna. A snow lady. And you wander the mountains freezing people and showing them off to scare away unwary travelers." She begins to cry now even harder, and you begin to notice that the sadder she is, the colder she gets. Her hands begins to turn a whitish color, and you realize that it is the despair and the hurt that turns one into a yuki onna, not the cold around her, but the cold inside of her. If you were going to protect this girl, you were going to need to do something fast to get her out of her slump. Just as you go to make an action, you hear an ominous moan coming from farther down the cave, the the cries of the pained and hurt. Yuki seems to hardly notice the moaning, but you sure did, and if there is moaning, there must also be some sort of life down the tunnel. Even if it is not the girl's family, any person would do right now to make sure that no one would go crazy in the blistering cold.

    What will you do?

    As Icarus looked back into the little girl's intent face, he thought about how cute (non-pedo ^^;) she was, and how Seth would get along so well with her. I'll have to ask her to join us for dinner after all of this is finished. He mused. I bet Seth and her will get along really well! I wonder what kind of food she likes? Just as Icarus finished the thought, the little girl began finishing absorbing all his questions, and was soon to answer. The back and forth movement of her was really something typical of girls her age, so Icarus didn't find it strange, instead it adding to her already overwhelming charm.

    "So your name is Icarus huh Onii chan?" She chimed. "That's a pretty name isn't it?" Girl used Charm! It was super effective!

    "My parents named me a really long name. They said that since I was born on the first day of winter that I was going to be a snow fairy and dance around in the snow. And so they named me Yuki no yosei. Though my friends all call me Yuki! It's nice to meet you Icarus, Onii-chan." On hearing the name, Icarus smiled, thinking about how it wasn't a very long name at all, and how Yuki was such a nice name. On top of that, Yuki finished with a delightful curtsy, proving to Icarus that not only was she adorbs, she was as very polite.

    "It's very nice to meet you Yuki-" Before Icarus could finish the sentence, he was all-of-a-sudden interrupted by Yuki continuing on. She hadn't seemed to have heard him start, and instead was now saying something different. Suddenly, Yuki's whole demeanor changed to a more saddened look, and her eyes melancholingly stared at the ground, slowly flickering over to the flowing sash at her waist. Icarus's feelings changed along with Yuki's, and he wondered about what could ever be wrong. Could it be that he was being an insensitive ****? A deep coldness permeated the cavern and a the light sound of a single tingle of ice falling could be heard, a sniffle swiftly following it. At this, Icarus's worries intensified, wondering if he made her cry as well. Icarus had always thought he was good at understanding kids, having a sister all his life, but perhaps that skill had diminished on his journey here. It was a worrisome thought.

    Icarus turned to Yuki and she began speaking once more. A waver could be heard in her voice, and it was clear that she was hurt in some way. "But they aren't here anymore. Ma, or oto-san, or big sister. They all vanished." sobbed Yuki. Oh. The realization hit Icarus. That was what kept nagging at the back of his head. The family was missing. It was strange for a little girl like Yuki to be by herself, but with Seth missing and Yuki being so... (you guessed it :P) cute, the thought had not occurred to him. How could he have not noticed? If Seth was here, he would probably give me a couple smacks on my head... , Icarus thought, She must be so sad and lonely. Heart tearing at the very idea of being separated from the family at such a young age, Icarus reached out to wipe the tears that came, but no water came down. Instead, shards of ice shatter as they touch upon the ground.

    Concerned for her safety, Icarus held his hand to Yuki's face, and was shocked by what he could found. Yuki's face was ice cold. No wonder the tears had been replaced with ice; Her body was practically a popsicle! Popping his hand back, Icarus scanned her face, but the rosy cheeks gave no sign of unhealthiness. Heck, she looks to be more healthy than me right now. So why is her face so cold? Noticing Icarus's hand being pulled back, Yuki sobbed, the action seemingly giving confirmation to something. Oh no, that was the wrong thing to do... Don't be sad Yuki! D: Yuki continued on, punctuating her speech with sobs and whimpers. The despair she was feeling seemed more and more obvious.

    "It's true isn't it? The legends...they are true. They say that when a young girl gets lost in the mountain all alone she begins to turn into a yuki onna. A snow lady. And you wander the mountains freezing people and showing them off to scare away unwary travelers." As the crying intensified more, the room temperature seemed to drop in relation to it, and Yuki's body seemed to grow whiter still. The color of snow permeated throughout her whole body, and Icarus could see his breath in front of him.

    Icarus squeezed out every inch of smartness in his brain to figure out what could be happening. Could it be that... Yuki was turning into a Yuki onna? But how? Icarus was also in Yuki's predicament (somewhat) and yet he wasn't turning into a ghostly spectre...

    Then, once more, an epiphany hit him. No outside conditions could ever be strong enough to be able change someone into a Yuki onna. Somehow, the extreme despair and hopelessness in someone, influenced by this mountain, changed that person into such a being. It was a truly sad thought, and Icarus again reached out to Yuki, determined to shake her out of her mental state. It was the least he could for the help she gave him; Yuki was the single most reason why he didn't fall completely into sorrow.

    Unfortunately, Icarus's gesture was suddenly interrupted by a bloodcurdling moan, one that could have only been made by one in truly horrible suffering. Icarus's heart, despite being preoccupied with Yuki's troubles, went out to the mysterious person. I can't just leave someone in this cold by themselves, yet I can't just leave Yuki either... what do, especially since she hasn't notice it? For a few seconds, (though to Icarus it seemed longer) he mulled it over. Suddenly, the words began to spill out on their own.

    "Hey Yuki? I know that what you're feeling must be awful; being separated from your family is one of the worst things that could have happened to you. But, I'm here for you. I know it might not be a lot of comfort for you, but I'm going to help you if it's the last thing I do. I promise you, we're going to find your family, we're going to find Seth, and we're going to all live happilly ever after, okay? Don't worry about turning into a Yuki onna; I'll be here to make sure you don't." said Icarus in the gentlest voice ever. Taking a deep breath, he continued on to the next part of his speech. "However, there is someone else deeper in the cavern who's also going through some hard times, and it wouldn't be fair to leave that person alone. Would you like to come with me to help them out?"
    Last edited by Icarus©; 24th August 2013 at 4:39 PM. Reason: Slight grammar issues, fixed what I could find
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

  11. #411
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Forest of Adventure

    Dark Searchman: ((Each one of your replies makes me further regret dropping off Shisato in the AC all those months ago, you know? :P))

    Seshiro is in big trouble and your gut tells you that he won't be able to withstand the incoming Stone Edge; Shisato is quick to realize the same, and the two of you decide to work together to protect the worn-down Arbok.

    The female cobra slithers quickly to cover Seshiro, charging pitch-black energy in her mouth in anticipation for the incoming Rock attack. In the meantime, the male snake tries to focus its remaining energy on its fangs, converting it into heat and, shortly afterwards, visible embers. He bites down on the thick vine that traps its body, but it'll be a while before he can free himself. Until then, it's all riding on Shisato...

    Onix roars, determined to put away the puny reptile that caused it so much unexpected distress. The sharp stones around its body fly towards the two Arbok, in what might be the decisive hit...

    - Hah, just as planned! Serperior, tie her up with your Vine Whip! Stop her Dark Pulse!

    The regal snake, faster than any other combatant, releases two vines from the side of its head that quickly wrap around the charging Arbok, disrupting her focus! Was Luke planning this all along? The Stone Edge hits Shisato dead-on, making her hiss in pain as each jagged rock slashes her body, falling to the ground when Serperior's vines loosen their grip. The sight is too much for Seshiro, who rips apart the Grass Knot in a fit of rage and lunges toward the Serperior, jaws still ablaze, biting it with such ferocity that you fear he's going to snap the opponent in half! Serperior's body lights up in flames, and when Seshiro finally sees it fit to remove his teeth from the foe's body, the grass snake collapses to the ground, unconscious. Seshiro the Arbok gains 1 Level!

    You're about to celebrate until you reassess the severity of the situation; Despite having incapacitated Serperior, it was still the lesser threat. And at what cost? Seshiro is spent, gasping for air after the outburst of anger; he has taken most of the damage throughout this match, and it's a miracle that he hasn't passed out from exhaustion yet. And while Shisato had been doing fine up until now, Luke's strategy weakened her considerably by forcing her to withstand the full force of Onix's Stone Edge. He probably knew he'd lose Serperior first, so he made the most of the Grass-Type before it went down, and now you have two debilitated Poison-Types facing one enormous Rock Type... If only Shisato had managed to follow through with Aqua Tail, but after the massive hit, she's only now beginning to pull herself together.

    You try to think positive; no matter how bleak things may seem, the number's game is still in your favour, and Onix has taken a proper beating of its own as well. Your eyes land on the cracked rocks of its midsection, a testament to Seshiro's fighting spirit and possibly the key to winning this match... Wait, what's that?

    Through the corner of your eye, something seems to move up on the trees. You couldn't clearly make it out, and when you look directly at the branches you fail to see anything unusual; either it was nothing to begin with, or it hid itself in the foliage, but it'd have to be pretty agile to have done that so quickly... Something else is off too. You've been focusing so hard on the fight and the two Arbok that you temporarily forgot, but why is your other snake so quiet for a change? You turn around to double-check on Amethyst... but she's not here! Where on earth did she go?! But you can't allow yourself to be distracted now, not at this critical juncture of the battle! You try to switch your focus back on Seshiro, Shisato and Luke's behemoth...

    What do you do?
    {You know you're good when you make your updater regret giving up a character you have now! you can't have her back you don't deserve her }

    Shisato races to Seshiro's side to stop the incoming Stone Edge attack prepared by Onix from pummeling him out of commission while Seshiro gathers Fire energy and focuses it in his Fangs in order to rip at the vine holding him down and burn it away from him. Onix releases the attack, and the rocks fly at the two Arbok just as Shisato positions herself to block the attack with a Dark Pulse. However...

    "Hah, just as planned!" Luke celebrates with a smug grin. "Serperior, tie her up with your Vine Whip! Stop her Dark Pulse!" Serperior's thick Vines then lash out at lightning speed and Whip around Shisato's mouth and midsection, muzzling her--which meant she couldn't open her mouth for a Dark Pulse--and holding her in place... which meant she had no way to escape the incoming rocks! "What!?" Hyrem's heart skipped a beat, and both he and Seshiro could only watch in horror as the female Arbok was pelted by the jagged rocks. Crud, so Shisato was the target all along!? he cursed in his thoughts. Seshiro's pupils dilated, and his fury rose with each rock that scratched his companion's beautiful body. When the attack was over, Serperior quickly let the vines release Shisato, and she slumped to the ground in order to let her battered body catch a breath. Seshiro could've sworn the two snakes against him were smiling; whether or not they actually were didn't matter. "You... you *******S!!!" he spat furiously before ripping the vine off of him and lunging at Serperior, his Fire Fang still active, crushing the boa's body with his jaws filled with the flames of his rage. As soon as he was satisfied with the damage done to Serperior, he flailed his head and let go, throwing its limp, unconscious body before Luke's feet.

    "Great job, Sesh, that's one down!" Hyrem gave encouragement, though he was still troubled. But we're still not past that Onix yet... he thought. Serperior was the weaker of the two, and Luke knew it. He probably figured we'd take it down first, so he just used him as much as he could until we did. He looked at both of his Arbok; both of them were hissing with exhaustion after taking damage and using up quite a bit of energy. Shisato had only just come around, so she missed her chance at an Aqua Tail. Still, it was two against one, and his eyes gazed at the crack Seshiro made earlier. We can still win this; if we can just hit that crack with one more Aqua Tail, that might finish it off! I have to take that chance!

    ...Huh? That was strange. Hyrem could've sworn he saw something in the trees above, but when he did a double-take whatever it was was already gone. Either he was seeing things or he just saw something move in that spot very quickly. Wait a minute, something else about this was odd. Amethyst had been harping on him during the battle until recently, but when he looked beside him, she was gone! "Oh, dangit!" he cursed out loud this time. "I told her she couldn't just go wandering off!" Again, it wasn't that she couldn't take care of herself--whoever doubted that would likely become her next meal--Hyrem was more concerned about his Fang Snake getting him into trouble he didn't want whatsoever. He was tempted to call off the battle in order to have that extra amount of time to look for her, but that would set a bad precedence, now wouldn't it? Ugh, okay, let's just finish this battle so I can start looking for her soon! he thought as he sighed and rolled his eyes in frustration. The longer he took to find his Seviper, the more of a chance she had to terrorize the forest's inhabitants.

    Meanwhile, the two Arbok look at each other breathing heavily. "Are... are you all right, Shisato?" Seshiro struggled to say between breaths. "You... you took a lot... of damage... with that attack."
    "I will... I will be alright..." she replied softly. "What about you? ... I can sense... you're at your limit... don't push yourself so much!"
    His body trembled while he paused. "...Whatever it takes," he finally said, "we gotta end this. For our trainer's pride and our own... we'll win this fight! You hear me, you string of rocks!? You're next!!" he hissed towards Onix as he opened his eyes to produce a deadly stare that showed how badly he was willing to back such a threat.

    A Glare attack? Nice! Hyrem thought. Maybe that'll paralyze Onix! "Okay, let's go for it! Seshiro, use Aqua Tail right on the crack! Shisato, distract it with Acid!" The team needed to end it now, and it was then that Shisato remembered some training she did with Amethyst...

        Spoiler:- Flashback:


    Shisato looked again at the crack on Onix's body. Just in case Seshiro's Aqua Tail didn't work, she would have a Giga Drain attack ready to go soon after she spat her Acid on Onix. That crack would be a good place to draw energy from, so hopefully she had a chance to focus the attack there...


    Level Up! Arbok♂ grew from Lv. 24 to Lv. 25!
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 20th August 2013 at 11:18 AM.

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  12. #412
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    allishinca: Well the woman was right about one thing - the smell is far from fantastic but for all intents and purposes it could be far worse. At least there are no signs of anything mucky about which is at least one good thing, but you are concerned about the fact the thief has not only a decent head start on you but is also familiar with these tunnels. While Codi takes his time joining you, you look about for some sign that may indicate the direction the thief has taken, but all is quiet bar the faint hum of machinery in the distance possibly coming from the sewage plant itself. At regular intervals in both directions you can see sunlight filtering through manhole covers and grates from the streets above which is providing you with enough light for your journey. Eventually Codi joins you, his nose wrinkled in distaste, but he gets on with the job anyway and in only moments turns to the left and starts walking. Trusting his instincts you don't question him but after a good fifteen minutes walk when you're sure you're well outside Mediville's town limits and are somewhere beneath farmland Codi stops dead in his tracks, cocking his head to the side. About to ask what's wrong your mouth snaps shut when you hear something and also cock your head to the side to listen. A strange rumbling can be heard, much like the sound your churning stomach makes when you're hungry, but along with it you can hear a guttural noise followed by the sound of something like a pin dropping, these noises repeating themselves over and over again. "Gul" ping! "Gul" ping! "Gul" ping! "Gul" ping! Looking into Codi's eyes you can see he has no wish to encounter trouble, but neither of you know what this noise means so you continue on quietly until finally coming upon the source of the noise in the form of a little Gulpin bouncing what appears to be a pearl upon a metal grate. It looks very bored and very hungry, but the moment it spies you watching it grins widely and launches itself toward you and your bag crying, "Gul-PIN!" fully intent on devouring its contents with or without your permission.

    The strong lingering odor would take time to adjust to. Alli glanced forlornly down both directions of the tunnel before indicating Codi to join her. Sunlight beaming down from the grates above lit the inside of the sewers, presenting enough visibility. A humming vibrated through the walls, originating from a distant machine. Peaking down from the entrance above, Alli could not make out Codi's expression from the bright sunlight behind him. Slowly stepping down the ladder, the perturbed Lopunny joined his trainer. Alli nodded towards him, but then looked about, concerned. Codi did not wait for orders, and started off down the left tunnel. Alli followed, surprised at his sudden initiative.

    Time passed as the two travelers adjusted to the smell. Sounds from above had diminished, informing Alli that they were no longer under Mediville. Codi spent the time considering their situation. This thief and his Poochyena could be a danger to his little trainer if they did meet again. With it just being him and Alli, he did have a responsibility to protect her. Pluto would protest as much, and would kill him if he did let anything happen to their trainer. Before joining up with Alli and Pluto, Codi had been pampered, and had never battled. Early in their adventure, Pluto had begun to train him, and the two of them had been on par with on another. As their adventures continued, Pluto had always taken more initiative, and had grown strong. Codi had realized he could take a more laid back approach, but ultimately, that is what lead him to get stuck in this "special training mission."

    Codi suddenly stopped and, lifting his large ears into the air, looked very much like a large bird about to take flight.
    "What is-" Codi quickly warned Alli with his eyes, but she had stopped on her own accord when the noise had reached her. They stood in total silence for a moment and listened. The sound of a low growl reverberated. Alli and Codi shared a moment of uneasiness before deciding to continue. The sound became clearer as the source came into view. A Gulpin was hopping on a shiny white orb. Codi and Alli stopped and watched the strange creature for a moment when suddenly it turned towards them with a wide frightening grin. Aiming at Alli's backpack, the Gulpin lunged forward. Alli reacted by falling back, but Codi's strategy was to intercept with Fake Out, while bunching up his long ears to Pound the Gulpin down. His plan was to escape afterwards, but Alli, viewing Codi running into battle, shouted out to him. "He's poisonous, so be ready to use Magic Coat if he counters!" Codi was unaware of this, but had no time to consider it before engaging in battle.


    Last edited by allishinca; 27th August 2013 at 4:28 PM.

  13. #413
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Desert of Illusion

    EpicSquirtle: Look here


    DaveTheFishGuy: The crowd has dispersed completely by now. Only the Pillars and yourself remain in the centre of the village while the sandstorm grows progressively more vicious. But if the people are driven away by a mere Hippowdon’s Sand Stream, what will happen to them when faced with the howling desert winds brought on by the giant Tyranitar?

    The sand is indeed starting to sting, and you can only hope it doesn’t become a game changer. After all ,neither Suzi nor Dwebble are made to withstand this harsh environment; the former is a literally a small fish out of water, and the latter is lacking its rocky shell, that it never managed to complete after the events at the Grave of the Realm. To either, a full-power sandstorm will be very difficult to adapt to.

    Jabal raises an eyebrow at your new set of instructions. But through his silence, you catch a glimpse of a man who has probably seen many such weird plans. The Pillar of Power has more than just raw strength on his side, he has decades of experience and, although probably not as noticeable as with other Pillars, the wisdom of age.

    Hippowdon lunges forward as instructed, jaws blazing with intense fire, ready to come crashing down on the paralyzed Dwebble. Intent on protecting your new friend, you order Suzi to counter the move with her Water Gun. Taking aim – with the unrivalled accuracy Remoraid are known for -, she releases another jet of water from her mouth, straight into the behemoth’s open mouth… hitting its mark! The Water Gun effectively douses the opponent’s flames, and a large column of smoke rises up from around Hippowdon’s fangs, surrounding the Ground-Type and making it stop dead in its tracks, temporarily blindsided. This is your opening!

    You cast a glance at Dwebble, still wobbly from the massive Body Slam it had to endure. Its eyes are locked on the struggling hippo, and it slowly begins to raise its pincers to gather the necessary Rock energy to fulfill its role in your plan… but the pain is too much, and strength lacks at the critical juncture; it drops its arms back down, unable to muster the necessary power. You curse your luck and look over to Jabal, expecting a victorious grin, but instead… it’s as if the old man is just as disappointed as you are! He says nothing and merely looks on as the smoke dissipates and Hippowdon roars, ready to punish Suzi for her interruption…

    It’s time for the second part of your plan, and you can only hope it goes better than the first… otherwise Suzi is done for! Just as Jabal warned, Hippowdon lunged forward, not paying you the slightest bit of attention as it charges electrical energy in its fangs; if it has to rip out your arm, so be it! Suzi does as instructed, spitting another jet of water, this time in a circular motion, creating a second Whirlpool. Although you originally intended for it to surround Hippowdon, the furious sandstorm blowing in your direction push the spiraling stream back, making it risein front of the opponent, who still stops mid-charge so as not to crash into the dangerous attack. You hurl the small fish straight at the swirling tower and watch in anticipation as the Remoraid swims upwards, carried by the spinning current and out of Hippowdon’s reach, effectively keeping her safe for now!

    The successful strategy earns you a loud chuckle from Jabal, who looks at you in approval.

    - You really are something special, bamra! Holding your own against my Pokemon in such an adverse terrain for a fish lover… But can you seal the deal? A good defense does nothing except…

    Suddenly, the sandstorm increases in intensity yet again, the pelting sand really starting to hurt. The raging winds make the Whirpool grow progressively more unstable, until the water column collapses entirely, sending poor Suzi crashing down to the ground below!

    - … delay the inevitable.

    With the violence of the sandstorm reaching its peak, it’s now hard to properly make out Jabal or Hippowdon, or even locate your own Pokemon; Dwebble is too small and too far away to pinpoint, and what about Suzi? She must be flopping about helpless!

    Just as you begin to panic inside, unable to find your precious Remoraid, you spot her head emerging from below the ground! What on earth is going on? It’s only as the rest of her body reemerges and disappears again that you suddenly understand: she’s not on the ground, she’s in the water! The repeated Whirlpools created a large puddle of mud when the water settled down, creating a makeshift pond for Suzi! The water is thick and dirty, making it hard to swim in, but at least it provides Suzi some room to maneuver. Besides, she can simply dive in to shield herself from the sandstorm! Looks like it wasn’t all bad news this round!

    Just then, a loud roar of pain is heard through the storm, one that you’ve heard just a while ago; something is hurting Hippowdon badly! You squint, trying to figure out what’s happening, and can’t help but grin when you spot Dwebble, apparently recovered from its temporary weakness, ruthlessly slashing away at Hippowdon’s hind leg with Fury Cutter! The larger opponent is trying to shake it off, but with Dwebble’s relentless strikes coming from the back, it’s exceedingly hard for the heavy Pokemon to even turn around. Through a fortunate chain of events, Hippowdon is now standing right between Dwebble and Suzi, which might be the perfect moment to strike back! You can only hope the sandstorm doesn’t get in the way of your strategy again…

    Whether things go amazingly right or terribly wrong next, you have a feeling this battle is nearing its end. What do you do now?!



    The Graveyard

    swampertforever: Look here



    The Ocean of Mystery

    LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover: Look here



    Forest of Adventure

    Dark Searchman: This is the be-all and end-all; both of your Arbok are running on fumes, each seriously wounded in the struggle against Luke’s own serpents. This is a match between snake masters, and above all else, your pride is on the line. The first obstacle has been conquered, but the arguably bigger threat is still standing firm and holding a massive size and type advantage…

    - Willing to recognize my supremacy yet, or do I really have to hurt your Arbok for you to give up? Onix, put them to rest, use your… Onix?

    The rock snake is completely oblivious to his Trainer’s instructions; its eyes are fixated on Seshiro’s, entranced by his menacing Glare, somehow forgetting who the bigger snake is and who should be afraid of whom. The male Arbok’s determination is palpable, which further contributes to his threatening presence, which opens up a window of opportunity for Shisato to strike!

    The female Arbok coils and arcs her head back, then shoots a large stream of highly corrosive Acid right at the crack on Onix body! The poison attack isn’t particularly effective however, due to Onix’s type combination of Rock and Ground, and even though the liquid starts to sip into the wound, it doesn’t seem to bother it too much… since its innards are also entirely rock! What it does accomplish is break Onix’s trance, making it snap out of Seshiro’s Glare, much to your misfortune, and the behemoth is furious at having been humbled by such a tiny worm!

    Seshiro senses the impending danger and doesn’t waste any time. Determined to beat Onix before it can land another hit, he slithers forward while gathering water energy in his tail, ready to strike!

    - To hell with that! Onix, stop him with Earth Power now!!

    Onix’s eyes began to glow; in the meantime, Seshiro’s tail rose in the air and came crashing down with immense force, surrounded by a swirling stream of water, connecting with the crack and sinking into it to the point where he almost slashed Onix’s body in two! Just then, the ground beneath him began to shake, and a large pillar of rock and dirt emerged from within, striking Seshiro and sending it flying back several feet, the Earth Power connecting just as hard as the Aqua Tail did! When the dust settled, both snakes looked at each other, panting… and Seshiro collapsed, passed out. Seshiro the Arbok has fainted!

    Shisato looks in horror as her partner and friend lies motionless on the ground. A rush of emotions washing over her, she remembers one particular move that most definitely can and will break the bastard that just did this to Seshiro. Onix is exhausted, struggling just to stay awake, and while Shisato is far from healthy herself, she is more than capable of putting an end to things with her perfected Giga Drain. She begins to gather Grass energy in her mouth, forming a bright green orb, and…

    - SPARCE, DUUUNSPAARCEEE!!

    Suddenly, Luke’s little land snake starts yelling in panic, motioning to a nearby tree. His Trainer, already upset at the turn of events in the match, grabs Dunsparce and forces its mouth shut.

    - The hell’s gotten into you, you idiot? What’s all the shouting ab… You.

    Luke’s eyes are turned to where Dunsparce was pointing, filled with anger and defiance. You instinctively follow his gaze to the tree’s higher branches and see… Oh no.

    A white, bipedal Pokemon with frighteningly large claws stands on a thick branch without so much as flinching, in an impressive display of balance: it’s a Zangoose! But that’s not what troubles you the most… in its right claw it holds the limp body of another Pokemon. A black snake… Amethyst!
    The mongoose stares directly at you, as if knowing the Seviper is yours, and bolts out of sight through the foliage, taking Amethyst with him. Shisato doesn’t seem to have noticed and remains focused on the match, intent on finishing it for good and avenging Seshiro.

    But the situation just changed drastically… What do you do?!

  14. #414
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Forest of Adventure

    Dark Searchman: This is the be-all and end-all; both of your Arbok are running on fumes, each seriously wounded in the struggle against Luke’s own serpents. This is a match between snake masters, and above all else, your pride is on the line. The first obstacle has been conquered, but the arguably bigger threat is still standing firm and holding a massive size and type advantage…

    - Willing to recognize my supremacy yet, or do I really have to hurt your Arbok for you to give up? Onix, put them to rest, use your… Onix?

    The rock snake is completely oblivious to his Trainer’s instructions; its eyes are fixated on Seshiro’s, entranced by his menacing Glare, somehow forgetting who the bigger snake is and who should be afraid of whom. The male Arbok’s determination is palpable, which further contributes to his threatening presence, which opens up a window of opportunity for Shisato to strike!

    The female Arbok coils and arcs her head back, then shoots a large stream of highly corrosive Acid right at the crack on Onix body! The poison attack isn’t particularly effective however, due to Onix’s type combination of Rock and Ground, and even though the liquid starts to sip into the wound, it doesn’t seem to bother it too much… since its innards are also entirely rock! What it does accomplish is break Onix’s trance, making it snap out of Seshiro’s Glare, much to your misfortune, and the behemoth is furious at having been humbled by such a tiny worm!

    Seshiro senses the impending danger and doesn’t waste any time. Determined to beat Onix before it can land another hit, he slithers forward while gathering water energy in his tail, ready to strike!

    - To hell with that! Onix, stop him with Earth Power now!!

    Onix’s eyes began to glow; in the meantime, Seshiro’s tail rose in the air and came crashing down with immense force, surrounded by a swirling stream of water, connecting with the crack and sinking into it to the point where he almost slashed Onix’s body in two! Just then, the ground beneath him began to shake, and a large pillar of rock and dirt emerged from within, striking Seshiro and sending it flying back several feet, the Earth Power connecting just as hard as the Aqua Tail did! When the dust settled, both snakes looked at each other, panting… and Seshiro collapsed, passed out. Seshiro the Arbok has fainted!

    Shisato looks in horror as her partner and friend lies motionless on the ground. A rush of emotions washing over her, she remembers one particular move that most definitely can and will break the bastard that just did this to Seshiro. Onix is exhausted, struggling just to stay awake, and while Shisato is far from healthy herself, she is more than capable of putting an end to things with her perfected Giga Drain. She begins to gather Grass energy in her mouth, forming a bright green orb, and…

    - SPARCE, DUUUNSPAARCEEE!!

    Suddenly, Luke’s little land snake starts yelling in panic, motioning to a nearby tree. His Trainer, already upset at the turn of events in the match, grabs Dunsparce and forces its mouth shut.

    - The hell’s gotten into you, you idiot? What’s all the shouting ab… You.

    Luke’s eyes are turned to where Dunsparce was pointing, filled with anger and defiance. You instinctively follow his gaze to the tree’s higher branches and see… Oh no.

    A white, bipedal Pokemon with frighteningly large claws stands on a thick branch without so much as flinching, in an impressive display of balance: it’s a Zangoose! But that’s not what troubles you the most… in its right claw it holds the limp body of another Pokemon. A black snake… Amethyst!
    The mongoose stares directly at you, as if knowing the Seviper is yours, and bolts out of sight through the foliage, taking Amethyst with him. Shisato doesn’t seem to have noticed and remains focused on the match, intent on finishing it for good and avenging Seshiro.

    But the situation just changed drastically… What do you do?!
    Hyrem, Luke, and their snakes were giving it their all, and though Luke's Serperior went down, the battle was far from over; Onix hadn't taken much damage other than from Seshiro's Crunch attack which left a good chink in its Defense and Shisato's Aqua Tail, which was a sizable chunk of its health taken out but still left it with plenty in the tank. "Willing to recognize my supremacy yet," Luke taunted, "or do I really have to hurt your Arbok for you to give up? Onix, put them to rest, use your… Onix?"

    Seshiro smiled with satisfaction as he had Onix cowering under his Glare; so much for size advantage, huh? Shisato then spit some Acid right on the crack on Onix's body, letting it seep into its body and eat away at Onix's Special Defense. However, Onix was then freed from the effects of Glare. No matter, Seshiro was still proud of his work; even if the paralysis of Glare was only temporary, he could tell he had gotten under Onix's skin. It wouldn't be long before the Rock Snake got really mad, then it would start making mistakes, and when it did... they would be ready. Or Seshiro could end it right now before he got hit again, so he quickly charged in for an Aqua Tail of his own, but Luke was ready for him: "To hell with that! Onix, stop him with Earth Power now!!" Yup, if that hit it would be a KO on Seshiro, but maybe his attack would take Onix out before then... Just as he swung his watery tail right on the crack to maximize damage, however, an Earthen pillar shot up from the ground and struck the Arbok back, Powered by Onix's Ground energy. Did it work?

    Once the dust cleared, Hyrem and Shisato could see Seshiro and Onix looking at each other, breathing heavily, but it was Seshiro that buckled first and slumped to the ground... while Onix remained standing! Argh, that should've done it! "Chaaaa... (Oh well...)" he moaned before going completely unconscious, confident that Shisato could take it from there. "Good job, Sesh, just rest easy now!" Hyrem said with a smile, proud of his cobra's accomplishments as he returned him to his Pokeball. Now it was Shisato's turn to well up with fury; the time had come to show off her Giga Drain attack, and she opened her mouth wide, forming a large ball of Grass energy that was about to split up and travel towards that same crack on Onix-

    "SPARCE, DUUUNSPAARCEEE!!" Luke's Dunsparce hisses loudly, trying to get his trainer's attention towards some trees close by, but Luke was fed up with the smaller snake by this point and holds its mouth closed. "The hell’s gotten into you, you idiot? What’s all the shouting ab… You," he blurts out as he finds what his Dunsparce was pointing to, eyes flickering with rage. "What are you... Oh, no," Hyrem said as his heart skipped a beat. His eyes trailed towards where Luke was looking: a white, catlike creature with red eyes, red paws, long claws, and streaks of red fur was sitting on a branch. "It can't be..." he muttered to himself before consulting Dexelle to confirm what it was:

    Zangoose, the Cat Ferret Pokemon. Zangoose are best known for their feuds with Seviper that have lasted for centuries and will stop anything they were doing to hunt down and kill them if sensed. They ready themselves for battle by bristling their fur, then standing up on their hind legs and extending their sharp, front claws, which are their strongest weapons and are used to tear their prey apart. They also have incredible speed with which they can dodge attacks.

    Hyrem's heart skipped another beat when he realized that Zangoose was holding something... a long, black something...

    With red fangs and a bladed tail.

    "Amethyst!?" he cried out with horror at the sight of her limp body in the Cat Ferret's clutches. No way... She's one of my strongest Pokemon, Hyrem thought, she shouldn't be like that, not even against a Zangoose out here! Zangoose simply stared right back at Hyrem; it knew who owned this Seviper, and yet it didn't discriminate between wild and trained. A Seviper was still a Seviper. Zangoose ran off, dragging Amethyst's body along the treetops. There was no thinking now, he got out a Pokeball and a Premier Ball holding two of his Dark-type Pokemon. "Leila, Laika, after that Zangoose! Leila, Pursuit, Laika, Odor Sleuth! Don't let it get away!" As soon as his Weavile and Mightyena materialized they gave chase, with Leila taking to the treetops, surely she would Pressure the Zangoose into making a mistake (and what better way to do that than Attracting his attention, hmmm?), while Laika ran along the ground trying to keep his quarry's scent... hopefully he had Quick enough Feet to catch up!

    Hyrem quickly turned to Shisato, who had been oblivious to the whole scene and was still readying her attack to finish off Onix, but Hyrem needed her now. "Sorry Luke, we'll have to finish this battle later! That was my Seviper that Zangoose had, I've gotta save her!" He couldn't believe those words were coming out of his mouth for a moment. He was supposed to be saving everything from Amethyst, not the other way around! Shisato also heard what Hyrem said and was so shocked she broke concentration and stopped her attack. Amethyst... in danger? The thought was just as bad as Seshiro falling to these creeps! "Let's go, Shisato!" she could hear her trainer call out to her, and she looked to find him rushing off in the direction where Zangoose was. While it would be satisfying to stay and teach these punks a lesson it could spell doom for Amethyst, and that was something she would never forgive herself for. Shisato gave Onix one last look before slithering off after her friends.

    All the while, worry started to pile up more and more in Hyrem's distraught mind. If this Zangoose could beat Amethyst by itself, would it be too strong against the Pokemon he had out now? Was it strong enough to warrant him using Sera, his beloved Kirlia? What if there was a whole pack of these Zangoose? What if this Zangoose was baiting the whole team into an ambush? What if it got away and was planning to make a meal out of Amethyst? Each ounce of anxiety quickened his pace, and he tried his best to catch up to Laika and Leila so he could give them further orders if needed, but he looked back and noticed Shisato lagging behind; that battle definitely took a lot out of her, and he needed her to save her strength if things went bad. "Here, Shisato, take a break! I'll call on you again if I need to!" he said before returning his other Arbok to her Pokeball and concentrating all efforts toward saving his wayward Seviper.
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 23rd September 2013 at 3:45 AM. Reason: Evolution happened.

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  15. #415
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Unda da sea
    Posts
    4,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    DaveTheFishGuy: The crowd has dispersed completely by now. Only the Pillars and yourself remain in the centre of the village while the sandstorm grows progressively more vicious. But if the people are driven away by a mere Hippowdon’s Sand Stream, what will happen to them when faced with the howling desert winds brought on by the giant Tyranitar?

    The sand is indeed starting to sting, and you can only hope it doesn’t become a game changer. After all ,neither Suzi nor Dwebble are made to withstand this harsh environment; the former is a literally a small fish out of water, and the latter is lacking its rocky shell, that it never managed to complete after the events at the Grave of the Realm. To either, a full-power sandstorm will be very difficult to adapt to.

    Jabal raises an eyebrow at your new set of instructions. But through his silence, you catch a glimpse of a man who has probably seen many such weird plans. The Pillar of Power has more than just raw strength on his side, he has decades of experience and, although probably not as noticeable as with other Pillars, the wisdom of age.

    Hippowdon lunges forward as instructed, jaws blazing with intense fire, ready to come crashing down on the paralyzed Dwebble. Intent on protecting your new friend, you order Suzi to counter the move with her Water Gun. Taking aim – with the unrivalled accuracy Remoraid are known for -, she releases another jet of water from her mouth, straight into the behemoth’s open mouth… hitting its mark! The Water Gun effectively douses the opponent’s flames, and a large column of smoke rises up from around Hippowdon’s fangs, surrounding the Ground-Type and making it stop dead in its tracks, temporarily blindsided. This is your opening!

    You cast a glance at Dwebble, still wobbly from the massive Body Slam it had to endure. Its eyes are locked on the struggling hippo, and it slowly begins to raise its pincers to gather the necessary Rock energy to fulfill its role in your plan… but the pain is too much, and strength lacks at the critical juncture; it drops its arms back down, unable to muster the necessary power. You curse your luck and look over to Jabal, expecting a victorious grin, but instead… it’s as if the old man is just as disappointed as you are! He says nothing and merely looks on as the smoke dissipates and Hippowdon roars, ready to punish Suzi for her interruption…

    It’s time for the second part of your plan, and you can only hope it goes better than the first… otherwise Suzi is done for! Just as Jabal warned, Hippowdon lunged forward, not paying you the slightest bit of attention as it charges electrical energy in its fangs; if it has to rip out your arm, so be it! Suzi does as instructed, spitting another jet of water, this time in a circular motion, creating a second Whirlpool. Although you originally intended for it to surround Hippowdon, the furious sandstorm blowing in your direction push the spiraling stream back, making it risein front of the opponent, who still stops mid-charge so as not to crash into the dangerous attack. You hurl the small fish straight at the swirling tower and watch in anticipation as the Remoraid swims upwards, carried by the spinning current and out of Hippowdon’s reach, effectively keeping her safe for now!

    The successful strategy earns you a loud chuckle from Jabal, who looks at you in approval.

    - You really are something special, bamra! Holding your own against my Pokemon in such an adverse terrain for a fish lover… But can you seal the deal? A good defense does nothing except…

    Suddenly, the sandstorm increases in intensity yet again, the pelting sand really starting to hurt. The raging winds make the Whirpool grow progressively more unstable, until the water column collapses entirely, sending poor Suzi crashing down to the ground below!

    - … delay the inevitable.

    With the violence of the sandstorm reaching its peak, it’s now hard to properly make out Jabal or Hippowdon, or even locate your own Pokemon; Dwebble is too small and too far away to pinpoint, and what about Suzi? She must be flopping about helpless!

    Just as you begin to panic inside, unable to find your precious Remoraid, you spot her head emerging from below the ground! What on earth is going on? It’s only as the rest of her body reemerges and disappears again that you suddenly understand: she’s not on the ground, she’s in the water! The repeated Whirlpools created a large puddle of mud when the water settled down, creating a makeshift pond for Suzi! The water is thick and dirty, making it hard to swim in, but at least it provides Suzi some room to maneuver. Besides, she can simply dive in to shield herself from the sandstorm! Looks like it wasn’t all bad news this round!

    Just then, a loud roar of pain is heard through the storm, one that you’ve heard just a while ago; something is hurting Hippowdon badly! You squint, trying to figure out what’s happening, and can’t help but grin when you spot Dwebble, apparently recovered from its temporary weakness, ruthlessly slashing away at Hippowdon’s hind leg with Fury Cutter! The larger opponent is trying to shake it off, but with Dwebble’s relentless strikes coming from the back, it’s exceedingly hard for the heavy Pokemon to even turn around. Through a fortunate chain of events, Hippowdon is now standing right between Dwebble and Suzi, which might be the perfect moment to strike back! You can only hope the sandstorm doesn’t get in the way of your strategy again…

    Whether things go amazingly right or terribly wrong next, you have a feeling this battle is nearing its end. What do you do now?!
    Dave could only watch as the next stage in the battle played out. The Sandstorm was really picking up now, the grains lashing at his skin as the fisherman narrowed his eyes. He wished he'd brought his snorkelling equipment - a diving mask would come in handy right about now. Of course, he'd not considered he'd need it in a desert, so he'd left it behind. Typical.

    However, the visibility wasn't so poor he couldn't see the battle playing out. The haboob lit up with an orange glow as Hippowdon bore down upon the helpless Dwebble, flaming maw agape. Bracing his other arm against his elbow, Dave was prepared for the kick that signalled Suzi's attack, the Remoraid's Water Gun dousing the Fire Fang easily and leaving Dwebble unscathed. Sadly, the crustacean was unable to capitalise on the opening, still struggling to regain movement following the crippling Body Slam from earlier. Dave was disappointed, but it wasn't Dwebble's fault. Indeed, Jabal seemed to be just as let down that the Bug-type was unable to move.

    No time to dwell on that though! Hippowdon began to charge toward him, teeth crackling with electricity, but Dave stood firm. Suzi spat out more water, this time rising into the swirling vortex of another Whirlpool. However, the force of the Sandstorm prevented it from surrounding the approaching Ground-type, instead forcing it back to rise before it. 'Still, better than nothing.' Dave thought to himself, throwing his Starter into the cyclone. Swimming to the top of the whirlpool, Suzi was taken out of harm's way, Hippowdon left behind. Even Jabal seemed approving of the strategy... until the whirlpool collapsed.

    Dave felt his gut wrench as the water fell to the ground, kicking up mud and dust to further obscure the battlefield. Though he was worried for Suzi, he had to shield his eyes from the sudden blast of debris. After a few seconds, it had cleared enough for him to have a look. He could make out the looming form of Hippowdon easily, but there was no sign of his Pokémon. "Suzi?" he called, only just able to hear himself over the noise of the storm. "Suzi!" he shouted, louder this time, but earning himself a mouthful of sand in the process. Spitting it out, he looked up again and saw... "Suzi?"

    A pale blue shape, covered in mud, stuck its head out of the sand, facing him. The ache in his stomach faded as he recognised his friend. But she... she was swimming? In sand? But... how? Slowly, it came together. The sheer amount of water used in the Whirlpool attacks so far was just sitting at the surface of the desert, not quite draining away. Thoughts of his wetland home came flooding back, and strategy started to click into place in his brain. As he was working out what to do next, he found his attention drawn to his opponent. Hippowdon was clearly pained, but why? A smile broke onto the fisherman's features as he saw the tiny form of Dwebble, hacking away with another Fury Cutter onslaught, keeping Hippowdon trapped and in place... right between them.

    The strategy crystalised in an instant. "Dwebble!" Dave shouted into the storm, fighting to make himself heard. "Dwebble, keep up that Fury Cutter! Suzi, you give Hippowdon another Water Gun while hiding in the mud, keep him occupied! Then..." this was going to be risky. "Dwebble, break off and back away, firing Rock Blast as you go! Suzi! Once Dwebbles out of range, use that mud for a Surf attack! Wash Hippowdon away!" Once again, with orders given all he could do now was watch. And hope...

    Profile

  16. #416
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In the land of Fizzy Bubbles
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    EpicSquirtle: ((Careful with your grammar. “Their”, “there” and “they’re” are all different words with different meanings, so watch out for that. I’ve seen you write pretty well already, so strive to keep it up!))

    It certainly isn’t an easy decision to make. When you come down to it, both the Caturne and Camerupt have some legitimacy in wanting to own the land. Unfortunately, it seems impossible for them to coexist, and there will be war. The question is who, if anyone, to side with.

    After a while of introspection, you make your choice. The camels have claimed this land while it was empty, therefore it isn’t stolen. Even if the cacti had a strong reason to leave, they still left, and the land was up for grabs. Besides, part of you wants to see that Numel again… Telpo looks annoyed as he’d much prefer to leave this place altogether and play no part in the upcoming battle. However, your sense of justice is much too strong to walk away now, so you set off to find the Camerupt and its caravan.

    With Telpo’s Psychic abilities, it’s not hard to track them down; your trusty partner senses their collective thoughts, faintly at first, then progressively stronger as you close in on them; those are tow advantages of Camerupt over Caturne by Telpo’s standards: they aren’t immune to his Psychic powers, and they move really, really slow. Still, it takes you about half an hour of braving the unrelenting heat of the Desert of Illusions to catch up to them.

    When you finally spot them, you can’t help but smile. There are no more than four Camerupt in total, looking over dozens of Numel on their own. While it has to be tough for them, you can tell they’re a tight family, and how couldn’t they be? After years of fighting together against a common threat, bonds can only get stronger. At the same time, the thought that many of these tiny Numel will be forced to go to war soon makes your heart heavy; they’re all so young! You can only pray that the opposing forces are equally ripe with Cacnea and just as sparse on Cacturne, and that the camels’ type advantage will be enough to minimize casualties. And heck, you’re here to help too!

    You approach the caravan, your pace slowed to a crawl courtesy of the unforgiving temperature. The Camerupt spot you and immediately take positions to defend their offspring, but one of them steps forward and orders the others to stand down. It must be the one that you met just a while ago. As it speaks, Telpo once again begins to translate.

    - So, human… have you chosen to side with us after all, or are you here as a scout for the cacti?

    It takes a long, hard look at you, and continues talking without waiting for an actual answer.

    - If you’ve chosen to fight against us, we’ll find out very soon. But if you’ve decided to fight for our cause, then tell me why you did. The Cacturne is not wrong in its own argument, so why us, human? I need to feel your resolve before I accept you in our ranks. So, human… tell me who you are and why you’ve really chased us all the way here through the sand and the heat.
    (Sorry for the late reply, I was quite busy the past month)

    ''I think we went the wrong way Telpo, it's been 10 minutes and still no sign of them''

    Jake said as he walked under the pounding rays of the desert sun.

    ''You may think we are lost, but I know for a fact we aren't''
    Telpo chimed inside Jake's head.

    ''Oh, you sense their thoughts right?''
    Jake asked.

    ''That would be correct, though the thoughts are faint, so they have a good distance ahead of us.''

    The rest of the walk was mostly silent, both Jake and Telpo fighting the unforgiving heat of the desert.

    And after another 20 minutes, Jake spotted the camels.

    ''Telpo we made it!'' Jake said with a smile as he noticed four Camerupt overlooking a crowd of Numel.

    Telpo let out a sigh of relief.
    ''Next time we go on an adventure, let's pick a cooler place!'' Telpo complained

    But Jake wasn't bothered with Telpo, he was focusing on the camels.

    ''They, they must all have a close bond, fighting a common threat, that can quickly forge a tight bond'' Jake thought to himself.

    Then a dreadful thought sprung into his mind.

    ''Wait, it's war, then some Numel w-will probably die!''

    ''This is a bad idea I don't want to be involved with another death!'' Jake thought, starting to panic.

    ''Wait, no, don't think like that, they have my help, and a type advantage over grass, let's just hope the old, grass beats water, water beats fire, fire beats grass will prove to be a winning factor''

    ''Well, let's go!'' Telpo chimed.

    Jake and Telpo then started to walk towards the group, but at a crawling pace due to the heat. The group spotted them, and the Camerupt quickly took position in defending the Numel.

    However one stepped forward, ordering the others to stand down.

    ''That must be the one we met earlier''
    Jake thought.

    As the camel pokemon spoke, Telpo began another translation.

    ''So, human… have you chosen to side with us after all, or are you here as a scout for the cacti?''

    The Camerupt took a long, hard look at Jake, causing Jake to become slightly uneasy.

    It then continued talking without waiting.

    ''If you’ve chosen to fight against us, we’ll find out very soon. But if you’ve decided to fight for our cause, then tell me why you did. The Cacturne is not wrong in its own argument, so why us, human? I need to feel your resolve before I accept you in our ranks. So, human… tell me who you are and why you’ve really chased us all the way here through the sand and the heat.''

    ''Who I am and why I chased you here?''
    Jake pondered for a couple moments.

    ''I am Jake Eclair, and I am a trainer that helps pokemon in need, I followed you here because your home is under the threat of Cacturne.''

    ''Everything you love, threatened, I know the feeling. The Cacturne may have claimed the land first, but when you came they were gone.
    That means you own it, and so I'll do everything I can to save your home from the cacti attacks!'' Jake replied

    Telpo didn't say anything, but instead nodded in agreement.

  17. #417
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Desert of Illusion

    EpicSquirtle: ((You’re still somewhat copying my own text into your own, which is alright with moderation. I’d prefer to see more of your own writing and less of my own in your replies, but you’ve already improved a lot.))


    You're taken by surprise; of all the questions, "who are you?" wasn't one you expected. It seems this Camerupt isn't about to let just anybody fight for him, as awkward as it sounds. Why wouldn't he? You're offering free help in a war that could decide the future of his entire lineage! You answer as truthfully as you can - in your heart of hearts, all you want is to see justice done and the camels where they rightly belong, so they can prosper in the land they once legitimately called home.

    Camerupt stands in silence for a while after your heartfelt reply, no doubt pondering on what you said. It then turns around and motions for the other Camerupt to open a clearing in the middle of the group; the larger camels push the Numel back and spread them all around, so that you, Telpo and the Camerupt leader are left standing in the center of the circle. The leader huffs and stomps the sand. Telpo translates once again.

    - Your heart is in the right place, and your help would be welcome… if you could actually hold your own in battle. I already expect a large number of casualties, and I would prefer not to count a human among them. I doubt you would have succeeded in defeating those Cacturne had we not shown up. Am I right?

    Telpo seems to take offense to the accusation, but you know Camerupt isn’t entirely wrong; it was a hard battle, and you were grateful that they’d shown up when they did, but to say that you can’t hold your own in battle revolts you. You held your own exceptionally well against not one, but two fully evolved Cacturne, one of which had grown into gigantic proportions! To question your abilities after such a challenge hurt. But then again, Camerupt were known to be stubborn mules.

    - If I am to place my trust in you and ride into battle by your side, if I am going to trust the future of my precious Numel to you, I need you to prove me wrong, Human Jake. Fight me while protecting the Numel around you right now. Impress me, and I will accept your help; fail, and leave our caravan before you’re caught in the struggle.

    Flames spout from Camerupt’s nostrils. From what you’ve gathered, this isn’t a fight to the end, but you’ll have to do good to earn his trust. Otherwise, you’ll be left to roam the desert all on your own once more, and how long would you last? Worse still, how would you cope knowing that somewhere nearby, dozens of Numel and Cacnea were falling in a struggle for territory that you weren’t good enough to take part in? You’ll have to impress Camerupt if you’re going to have a shot at keeping the Numel safe.

    What will you do now?



    DaveTheFishGuy: Through a combination of skill and luck, you manage to position Hippowdon between your two brave little warriors. Dwebble seems possessed by a violent rage, slashing away at the foe as though it’s the very Beast itself. In the meantime, Suzi is safe and sound for now, until the water is drained away completely by the porous surface.

    It might just be a rush of optimism from the current state of affairs, but you can’t shake off the feeling that the sandstorm itself loses some of its intensity as Dwebble continues to pummel the Ground-Type. A string of commands immediately takes shape in your mind, a strategy that may finally put an end to this battle. But you know the opponent won’t sit idly and let your plan unfold unopposed…

    Dwebble needs no extra incentive to keep up the pressure; it flails its pincers about, each slash stronger than the last, to the point where Hippowdon instinctively raises its front paws once again for another Body Slam to put away the nuisance.

    - Hippowdon, wait! Keep your calm and wait for instruct…

    Suzi spots her opening and shoots a perfectly accurate stream of water that hits the hippopotamus in the back, just before it can come crashing down on the spunky insect a second type. Hippowdon loses its footing, tumbling to the side.

    Your heart races as victory seems closer than ever, while through the corner of your eye you spot Rasheed of Knowledge turn around and leave, going back inside the tent. He could at least stay to watch the rest of the match…

    - Hippowdon, pull yourself together and blast Dwebble with Water Pulse!

    The sound of Jabal’s instructions force you to focus back on the match, alarmed. Didn’t you just knock down Hippowdon? But sure enough, the massive foe, still lying on the floor, opens its mouth and releases a blue orb of energy straight at Dwebble. Reacting quickly, it interrupts the Fury Cutter and shoots Rock Blast in retaliation. Mustering no more than pebbles, they snap and break as they collide with the Pulse, unable to cancel it… Finally, the orb hits Dwebble dead-on, exploding in a spherical wave that sends the Bug-Type flying backwards. And when it’s unable to get back up, you realize in horror that… Dwebble has fainted!

    You feel a knot in your stomach, disheartened at the loss, especially since the tiny bug was so intent on proving itself and avenging its family... But the battle isn’t over yet, and as Hippowdon struggles to get to its feet, you issue one last command to Suzi – your very last hope, now that not even the numbers are in your favour.

    - The Dwebble fought bravely, bamra. Now, do you have what it takes to put an end to this, or will you let it slip through your fingers? Hippowdon, Dig to dodge the attack and land the final strike from below!!

    The opponent, still dizzy, tries its best to burrow its enormous frame underground; while the soil’s sandy properties make it easier to Dig fast, the Hippowdon’s paws are too hurt from the repeated Fury Cutters to move as fast as they normally would. Both you and Suzi realize that, unless you hit the next move, Hippowdon will soon vanish from sight and from range, and its next blow will be the last!

    Suzi’s eyes begin to glow, using her natural water affinity to manipulate the liquid mass that formed at the surface. Another downside to your strategy, you suddenly realize, is that regardless of whether the attack hits, the Remoraid will have no water left to swim in afterwards. Talk about the be-all and end-all…
    Behind her, the collected water starts to rise, taking the shape of a small wave as it’s propelled against the target. Made unstable by the sandstorm, the Surf wave travels slowly, but surely, making its way toward the digging Hippowdon, it finally comes crashing down hard!

    You try to make out what has happened. Suzi is flopping about, helpless, no water left in the makeshift pool. But what about Hippowdon? At first you can’t see it through the swirling sands, but when the storm suddenly stops… it’s still nowhere in sight! It must have managed to Dig out of harm’s way; your last resort failed! Which can only mean that Suzi is about to be…

    - …. Congratulations, bamra!

    Disconcerted, you look at the old man standing across from you. Jabal is grinning widely, clapping his huge hands. What on earth?...

    - Try not to look so clueless now, bamra… No, Dave. Look again.

    He takes a couple of steps forward, falls to one knee and begins to sweep aside a pile of sand with one hand, revealing what’s beneath… Hippowdon, and it’s knocked out! You’ve defeated Jabal!
    You instinctively run to pick up Suzi, holding her in your arms as you were just moments ago. She fought exceptionally well, and has awarded you a victory against gargantuan odds. Suzi the Remoraid has gained 1 Level!

    The Pillar of Power recalls Hippowdon and walks up to you. His towering figure still imposes respect, but his honest smile makes him look much more approachable now than when you first met him – sort of a really big, stern grandfather, but a granddad all the same.

    - I will admit, I expected you to hold your own, but to see you actually defeat me… it’s both shameful and refreshing. But above all, it fills me with a sense of hope that I thought I would never know. I will put the resources governed by the Pillar of Power at your disposal – the entirety of the village’s herds of Hippowdon and Camerupt, which we have raised for defense and transportation, are yours to command when the time comes to do battle with the Beast. And this is a gift from me, to your brave little fish.

    He reaches for his necklace, pulling the pendant from beneath his robes - a seemingly unremarkable glass orb. He bends over to touch Suzi with the pendant, and it begins to glow.

    - I will unlock the Remoraid’s potential, allowing it to learn any technique that her forefathers might have known at any one point in its lineage. Make your choice. **

    You think it over carefully and declare your decision to Jabal. Soon afterwards, the orb’s glow fades and he puts the pendant away.

    - It is done. Now that you have Power’s blessing, seek to earn the trust of the remaining two. I believe in you Dave, and it will be my honour to fight alongside you.

    Just then, Rasheed walks back outside. Even though he missed the end of the match, something tells you that he knows exactly what happened. He starts making his way to you at a predictably slow pace, being clearly the oldest of the Pillars. However, he walks right past you and stops next to the fallen Dwebble. He picks it up carefully as you make your way over, concerned for the bug’s well-being.

    - A remarkable spirit, wouldn’t you say? Your creature is not the only one that deserves praise, I believe. This one’s been wounded badly, and the village possesses no means to provide the miraculous healing you might be accustomed to in your homeland. Our tinctures and ointments would not heal it quickly enough… However, there is one way you can restore it in time for it to face the Beast. It is this one’s destiny to do so...

    He holds Dwebble in one hand, and opens the other one to reveal… a 1x Heal Ball.

    - It is your choice, bamra… and once you have made it, I will reveal to you the conditions for my own blessing.


    ** You can teach Suzi 1 Egg Move in your next reply.



    The Graveyard

    swampertforever: Look here



    The Ocean of Mystery

    LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover: Look here



    Forest of Adventure

    Dark Searchman: Onix looks relieved at your decision to call off the bout – but it’s the only one that feels that way. Even Luke seems concerned at the turn of events, and more so when you send your Weavile and Poochyena after the Zangoose.

    - Wait man, are you sure about this? Do you even know what you’re up against?! Because I do!

    Laika and Leila receive their instructions and dart off giving chase. You’re convinced both will serve as adequate trackers, each with unique abilities that should allow them to keep up with the nimble mongoose. You recall Shisato and prepare to follow suit, until Luke makes his way toward you and grabs your arm tightly.

    - Will you listen?! You don’t know this Zangoose, you’ve just put those two in danger!

    You naturally throw him an inquisitive look, a mix of surprise and anger washing over you; he’s making you lose precious time! But still, his input may be useful, it seems he’s already faced the Zangoose before… You suddenly remember something Luke said when you first met him: ” And I can’t leave just leave and let that that clawed abomination take the best of me either!” It all made sense now…

    - Dude, listen. There’s a reason the Elite Five chose this as one of the regions for new Trainers’ initiation tests. This Zangoose has claimed these woods as its own, and has been known to pick fights with every Trainer that venture inside; it’s extremely cunning and strong to boot, not to mention it’s as if the Forest itself is under its control!

    He clenched his fist, words failing him for a moment.

    - I… I fought it already. I was no match for it, which means I have to leave the forest – the Zangoose has its rules. But I can’t… it’s not just about failing the Arcane Realm test! That thing took something from me, same as it does with every challenger it beats. I need to get it back, I have to! But the longer I stay here, the higher the odds that it’ll attack me for breaking its rules… Zangoose’s forest is no place for losers, and in its eyes, I am one. Are you sure you can beat it? Because… goddamn it, because I need your help!

    Before you can answer, you hear an eerily-familiar sound: a dog-like bark… Laika! At first you wonder if he found Zangoose and Amethyst, but when the barking turns to a mix of howling and yelping, you realize something is very wrong. Laika’s in danger! And in the meantime, Leila’s wandered off into the depths of the forest, long out of sight… You can’t just stand here anymore!

    - If you wander blindly in there, you’ll fall into a trap just like your Poochyena. I know you’re in a rush, but you gotta think this through man. Most of the times, Trainers run into Zangoose after a long while of braving the woods, but this time around it was Zangoose that came to challenge you; it’s testing you, and you can bet there’ll be repercussions if you disappoint it… Think this through man. For all you know, your Weavile may have already been caught as well.

    Your gut is telling you to go check on Laika first, but what if that is what Zangoose expects you to do? Either way, while this may all be a sick game to Zangoose, it’s a very serious situation for you so there’s little time to waste – and if what Luke is saying is true, his own safety may be at risk as well.

    What do you do?
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 26th September 2013 at 2:14 AM.

  18. #418
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Unda da sea
    Posts
    4,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    DaveTheFishGuy: Through a combination of skill and luck, you manage to position Hippowdon between your two brave little warriors. Dwebble seems possessed by a violent rage, slashing away at the foe as though it’s the very Beast itself. In the meantime, Suzi is safe and sound for now, until the water is drained away completely by the porous surface.

    It might just be a rush of optimism from the current state of affairs, but you can’t shake off the feeling that the sandstorm itself loses some of its intensity as Dwebble continues to pummel the Ground-Type. A string of commands immediately takes shape in your mind, a strategy that may finally put an end to this battle. But you know the opponent won’t sit idly and let your plan unfold unopposed…

    Dwebble needs no extra incentive to keep up the pressure; it flails its pincers about, each slash stronger than the last, to the point where Hippowdon instinctively raises its front paws once again for another Body Slam to put away the nuisance.

    - Hippowdon, wait! Keep your calm and wait for instruct…

    Suzi spots her opening and shoots a perfectly accurate stream of water that hits the hippopotamus in the back, just before it can come crashing down on the spunky insect a second type. Hippowdon loses its footing, tumbling to the side.

    Your heart races as victory seems closer than ever, while through the corner of your eye you spot Rasheed of Knowledge turn around and leave, going back inside the tent. He could at least stay to watch the rest of the match…

    - Hippowdon, pull yourself together and blast Dwebble with Water Pulse!

    The sound of Jabal’s instructions force you to focus back on the match, alarmed. Didn’t you just knock down Hippowdon? But sure enough, the massive foe, still lying on the floor, opens its mouth and releases a blue orb of energy straight at Dwebble. Reacting quickly, it interrupts the Fury Cutter and shoots Rock Blast in retaliation. Mustering no more than pebbles, they snap and break as they collide with the Pulse, unable to cancel it… Finally, the orb hits Dwebble dead-on, exploding in a spherical wave that sends the Bug-Type flying backwards. And when it’s unable to get back up, you realize in horror that… Dwebble has fainted!

    You feel a knot in your stomach, disheartened at the loss, especially since the tiny bug was so intent on proving itself and avenging its family... But the battle isn’t over yet, and as Hippowdon struggles to get to its feet, you issue one last command to Suzi – your very last hope, now that not even the numbers are in your favour.

    - The Dwebble fought bravely, bamra. Now, do you have what it takes to put an end to this, or will you let it slip through your fingers? Hippowdon, Dig to dodge the attack and land the final strike from below!!

    The opponent, still dizzy, tries its best to burrow its enormous frame underground; while the soil’s sandy properties make it easier to Dig fast, the Hippowdon’s paws are too hurt from the repeated Fury Cutters to move as fast as they normally would. Both you and Suzi realize that, unless you hit the next move, Hippowdon will soon vanish from sight and from range, and its next blow will be the last!

    Suzi’s eyes begin to glow, using her natural water affinity to manipulate the liquid mass that formed at the surface. Another downside to your strategy, you suddenly realize, is that regardless of whether the attack hits, the Remoraid will have no water left to swim in afterwards. Talk about the be-all and end-all…
    Behind her, the collected water starts to rise, taking the shape of a small wave as it’s propelled against the target. Made unstable by the sandstorm, the Surf wave travels slowly, but surely, making its way toward the digging Hippowdon, it finally comes crashing down hard!

    You try to make out what has happened. Suzi is flopping about, helpless, no water left in the makeshift pool. But what about Hippowdon? At first you can’t see it through the swirling sands, but when the storm suddenly stops… it’s still nowhere in sight! It must have managed to Dig out of harm’s way; your last resort failed! Which can only mean that Suzi is about to be…

    - …. Congratulations, bamra!

    Disconcerted, you look at the old man standing across from you. Jabal is grinning widely, clapping his huge hands. What on earth?...

    - Try not to look so clueless now, bamra… No, Dave. Look again.

    He takes a couple of steps forward, falls to one knee and begins to sweep aside a pile of sand with one hand, revealing what’s beneath… Hippowdon, and it’s knocked out! You’ve defeated Jabal!
    You instinctively run to pick up Suzi, holding her in your arms as you were just moments ago. She fought exceptionally well, and has awarded you a victory against gargantuan odds. Suzi the Remoraid has gained 1 Level!

    The Pillar of Power recalls Hippowdon and walks up to you. His towering figure still imposes respect, but his honest smile makes him look much more approachable now than when you first met him – sort of a really big, stern grandfather, but a granddad all the same.

    - I will admit, I expected you to hold your own, but to see you actually defeat me… it’s both shameful and refreshing. But above all, it fills me with a sense of hope that I thought I would never know. I will put the resources governed by the Pillar of Power at your disposal – the entirety of the village’s herds of Hippowdon and Camerupt, which we have raised for defense and transportation, are yours to command when the time comes to do battle with the Beast. And this is a gift from me, to your brave little fish.

    He reaches for his necklace, pulling the pendant from beneath his robes - a seemingly unremarkable glass orb. He bends over to touch Suzi with the pendant, and it begins to glow.

    - I will unlock the Remoraid’s potential, allowing it to learn any technique that her forefathers might have known at any one point in its lineage. Make your choice. **

    You think it over carefully and declare your decision to Jabal. Soon afterwards, the orb’s glow fades and he puts the pendant away.

    - It is done. Now that you have Power’s blessing, seek to earn the trust of the remaining two. I believe in you Dave, and it will be my honour to fight alongside you.

    Just then, Rasheed walks back outside. Even though he missed the end of the match, something tells you that he knows exactly what happened. He starts making his way to you at a predictably slow pace, being clearly the oldest of the Pillars. However, he walks right past you and stops next to the fallen Dwebble. He picks it up carefully as you make your way over, concerned for the bug’s well-being.

    - A remarkable spirit, wouldn’t you say? Your creature is not the only one that deserves praise, I believe. This one’s been wounded badly, and the village possesses no means to provide the miraculous healing you might be accustomed to in your homeland. Our tinctures and ointments would not heal it quickly enough… However, there is one way you can restore it in time for it to face the Beast. It is this one’s destiny to do so...

    He holds Dwebble in one hand, and opens the other one to reveal… a 1x Heal Ball.

    - It is your choice, bamra… and once you have made it, I will reveal to you the conditions for my own blessing.


    ** You can teach Suzi 1 Egg Move in your next reply.
    The muscles in his face were starting to ache. He wasn't entirely sure whether he was focusing intently on the battle, or whether he was just squinting to keep the flying sand out of his eyes. Either way, the battle seemed to be winding down, Hippowdon's vitality lessening with every strike of Dwebble's stout but sharp claws. The fisherman watched as the Ground-type, enraged at being attacked by such a small adversary, went against orders and went to crush the crustacean, only to be sniped by a point-perfect Water Gun from Suzi. This caused it to topple onto its side, bringing a smirk to the trainer's lips. Not even noticing Rasheed leaving the battle could wipe it off.

    Until he heard Jabal's orders. "What? But... Hippowdon hate the water!" he replied, Bertha's monster aside. But sure enough, a churning cerulean sphere formed within the behemoth's jaws before being fired at Dwebble. The arthropod bravely tried to counter the attack with his Rock Blast, but sadly it just wasn't enough to stop the super-effective attack. With a crash and a splash, the hermitcrab went limp on the sand, health spent. "Dwebble, no!" Dave called, not failing to notice that he had to spit out less sand this time. Was the sandstorm getting weaker as Hippowdon's strength failed? Regarding the fainted Bug-type, couldn't help but feel another pang in his gut. Dwebble wasn't his Pokémon. It was only luck that he'd unintentionally managed to save him from the Tyranitar's snack, and they'd spent precious little time together, but... he genuinely felt concern for the little critter. Maybe he'd be able to take care of him, if Dwebble stuck around once he'd recovered from his injuries.

    Turning his attention back to the battle, Dave could only look on as his plan took form. Specifically, the churning, twisting form of a huge wave of sand and mud, Suzi having used all of her swimming pool to fire as an attack. Jabal would have the Heavyweight Pokémon dig underground, but Dwebble's last attack had left it fumbling. Injured, perhaps? Either way, it was going to be a close call as the Ground-type shovelled away at the sand, while Suzi's wave slowly bore down on it. The seconds ticked past like hours, but eventually the wave crashed down, kicking up more dust and sand to obscure the fisherman's vision.

    Flinching, Dave looked back up at the battlefield to see his partner flopping about, now definitely out of her element, but there was no sign of her foe. Preparing to brace for the inevitable attack, Dave instead noticed the sandstorm having stopped. Moments later, Jabal was congratulating him. Confused, the trainer followed his gaze to notice one larger pile of sand, which was swiftly revealed to be covering... an unconscious Hippowdon! The Pastoria native's features went through a transition from dumbfounded, understanding, and joy, spanning several seconds as he he took in what had just happened.

    A grin splitting his face, he dashed outward to scoop up his starter Pokémon. "We did it! You did it Suzi! You won!" he yelled, hugging the fish. Suzi clicked and squeaked in response, before dousing her trainer with another Water Gun. Dave laughed, but noticed that the Water-type seemed a bit stronger than before... and she somehow seemed more accurate, even for a Remoraid. Looking up, he smiled and respectfully nodded at the approaching Jabal, who seemed both pleased and ashamed to have lost, before awarding Dave command of the villages Pokémon.

    Shaking some sand out of his brown hair, the trainer bowed in reply. "Thank you, Jabal. With Hippowdon's tough physical defence, I'm sure they will prove more than useful against the... Beast." he responded, looking on as the Pillar of Power retrieved an orb from his necklace, placing it against Suzi's head to teach her a move locked in her genetic code. "Wow... thank you so much! What do you want to learn, Suzi?" he asked. The Remoraid opened her mouth, only to spit a stream of mud onto the sand next to the duo. "Suzi? Are you alright? Did you take in too much mud while you were swimming around in it?" the fisherman asked, concerned for his starter. The Jet Pokémon responded with another stream of muck, but this time something clicked in the trainer's head. Flashbacks to Crasher Wake's Quagsire in battle at the Gym. "Hey! I recognise that attack! Good choice, love." A Ground-type move would help against the Beast, along with covering Suzi's weakness to Electric-types. "Thank you Jabal, I sincerely appreciate all you've done for Suzi and I." Dave replied, nodding again to the elderly, but still powerful man.

    Turning his head to the side, the brunet then noticed Rasheed of Knowledge emerging from the large tent. Wondering if he was the one he had to impress next, Dave stood his ground as the elder walked... straight past him. Turning, he tracked the senior's path, only to remember... "Dwebble!" Scrambling, the younger man managed to catch up to the Pillar as he reached the collapsed Bug-type, watching Rasheed pick his lifeless body up carefully. He'd been so busy congratulating Suzi that he'd totally forgotten the other major player in that battle! "Is... is he alright?" he asked, watching the elder look over the arthropod. He knew the answer wasn't exactly going to be 'yes'.

    Rasheed stated the obvious. Out here, without the brilliant healing technology everyone who visited a Pokémon Centre took for granted, Dwebble was in for recovery the old fashioned way. However, it seemed that the village did hold one scrap of tech that could be of help. The old man opened his withered palm to reveal... a pink orb. Dave recognised the shape, two halves with a band around the middle, with one circle at the front. Every Pokémon trainer would recognise what it was in pure function. But this was something more. He'd never seen a Heal Ball in the flesh, but he knew they were used by people who wanted to use Pokémon they captured straight away, without backtracking to a Centre or using precious Potions. They healed a caught Pokémon instantly, though sadly this would only work once.

    The trainer sat in silence. He did feel a connection with this feisty Dwebble, and wanted him to recover as soon as possible. But... could he really force a Pokémon into his service? Some Pokémon did align themselves with humans, but they would often request a battle later before actually being caught, if only for the look of the thing, or to accept a master. Dwebble had battled under his command. Battled more bravely than a pride of Luxray. But he hadn't chosen to go with him. The conflict was great, but a single, undeniable fact rose up amid the turmoil - He hasn't got anyone left. His entire family was gone. What would he do if he didn't catch him? Wander the desert searching for rock until he died, leaving Mandibuzz to pick at his exoskeleton? The trainer's mind was made up that instant. Reaching out, he picked up the small device in his hand, looking at its odd pink colouration. "Thank you." he replied, looking Rasheed in the eye before bowing his head, maximising the orb to its full size - before tapping it against the unconscious Dwebble.


    {Suzi grew from Lv. 5 to Lv. 6!}

    {Suzi learned Lock-On!}

    {Suzi learned Mud Shot!}

    {Dave obtained 1x Heal Ball!}

    Profile

  19. #419
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In the land of Fizzy Bubbles
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    EpicSquirtle: ((You’re still somewhat copying my own text into your own, which is alright with moderation. I’d prefer to see more of your own writing and less of my own in your replies, but you’ve already improved a lot.))


    You're taken by surprise; of all the questions, "who are you?" wasn't one you expected. It seems this Camerupt isn't about to let just anybody fight for him, as awkward as it sounds. Why wouldn't he? You're offering free help in a war that could decide the future of his entire lineage! You answer as truthfully as you can - in your heart of hearts, all you want is to see justice done and the camels where they rightly belong, so they can prosper in the land they once legitimately called home.

    Camerupt stands in silence for a while after your heartfelt reply, no doubt pondering on what you said. It then turns around and motions for the other Camerupt to open a clearing in the middle of the group; the larger camels push the Numel back and spread them all around, so that you, Telpo and the Camerupt leader are left standing in the center of the circle. The leader huffs and stomps the sand. Telpo translates once again.

    - Your heart is in the right place, and your help would be welcome… if you could actually hold your own in battle. I already expect a large number of casualties, and I would prefer not to count a human among them. I doubt you would have succeeded in defeating those Cacturne had we not shown up. Am I right?

    Telpo seems to take offense to the accusation, but you know Camerupt isn’t entirely wrong; it was a hard battle, and you were grateful that they’d shown up when they did, but to say that you can’t hold your own in battle revolts you. You held your own exceptionally well against not one, but two fully evolved Cacturne, one of which had grown into gigantic proportions! To question your abilities after such a challenge hurt. But then again, Camerupt were known to be stubborn mules.

    - If I am to place my trust in you and ride into battle by your side, if I am going to trust the future of my precious Numel to you, I need you to prove me wrong, Human Jake. Fight me while protecting the Numel around you right now. Impress me, and I will accept your help; fail, and leave our caravan before you’re caught in the struggle.

    Flames spout from Camerupt’s nostrils. From what you’ve gathered, this isn’t a fight to the end, but you’ll have to do good to earn his trust. Otherwise, you’ll be left to roam the desert all on your own once more, and how long would you last? Worse still, how would you cope knowing that somewhere nearby, dozens of Numel and Cacnea were falling in a struggle for territory that you weren’t good enough to take part in? You’ll have to impress Camerupt if you’re going to have a shot at keeping the Numel safe.

    What will you do now?
    The Camerupt looked as if pondering about his reply, before motioning for the other Camerupt to create a clearing in the middle, and soon Jake and Telpo found themselves in the center with just the leader left.

    ''Why is he clearing the center, he isn't going to attack is he?'' Jake questioned to himself, slightly worried at the thought.

    Luckily, Jake's worrys were put to rest temporarily, as the leader spoke again, and yet again Telpo translated.

    ''Your heart is in the right place, and your help would be welcome… if you could actually hold your own in battle. I already expect a large number of casualties, and I would prefer not to count a human among them. I doubt you would have succeeded in defeating those Cacturne had we not shown up. Am I right?''

    Telpo felt annoyed at what he was translating.

    ''I had a type, evolution and experience disadvantage and managed to hold my own!'' Telpo thought in anger, though he still kept a calm demeanor.

    Jake as well felt hurt by the statement

    ''Who's Camerupt to say that I wouldn't have won?! I'm grateful for their help, and we were at a disadvantage but still......'' Jake thought.

    Before the two could even say anything about what the leader had said, Camerupt continued.

    ''If I am to place my trust in you and ride into battle by your side, if I am going to trust the future of my precious Numel to you, I need you to prove me wrong, Human Jake. Fight me while protecting the Numel around you right now. Impress me, and I will accept your help; fail, and leave our caravan before you’re caught in the struggle.''

    Just what he had feared, he now had to fight the leader now.
    Jake glanced at Telpo.

    Telpo had fought two Cacturne and floated through the harsh desert, and even though he was confident in Telpo, he didn't want to have to walk away, knowing that he couldn't help the camels, because the leader thought he was to weak

    Jake pondered for a minute.
    ''Do I want to use Telpo?''
    ''He has already been through a lot, maybe someone else would be better...''

    Jake gripped each pokeball on his belt, thinking which would be the best.

    ''Camrupt, I know you mean well, but I think, even though I'm grateful for your help, that we could have taken out those Cacturne.''

    ''But I know that my word isn't enough, and as such, I'll impress you with this battle!''
    Jake exclaimed before turning to Telpo.

    ''Telpo, do you mind if someone else get's a turn in battle?''

    ''I don't mind master, good luck!'' Telpo replied.

    Jake then grabbed a pokeball from his belt and threw it in the air.

    ''Kage, I choose you!''
    Jake exclaimed as a Nuzleaf popped out.

    ''Alright Kage, we have a tough opponent, but we need to show them our strength, ready to go?''
    Jake asked.

    Kage nodded.

    ''Alright then, Kage use Growth, then use Shadow Ball and follow up with Pound!

    Jake commanded.

  20. #420
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Forest of Adventure

    Dark Searchman: Onix looks relieved at your decision to call off the bout – but it’s the only one that feels that way. Even Luke seems concerned at the turn of events, and more so when you send your Weavile and Poochyena after the Zangoose.

    - Wait man, are you sure about this? Do you even know what you’re up against?! Because I do!

    Laika and Leila receive their instructions and dart off giving chase. You’re convinced both will serve as adequate trackers, each with unique abilities that should allow them to keep up with the nimble mongoose. You recall Shisato and prepare to follow suit, until Luke makes his way toward you and grabs your arm tightly.

    - Will you listen?! You don’t know this Zangoose, you’ve just put those two in danger!

    You naturally throw him an inquisitive look, a mix of surprise and anger washing over you; he’s making you lose precious time! But still, his input may be useful, it seems he’s already faced the Zangoose before… You suddenly remember something Luke said when you first met him: ”And I can’t leave just leave and let that that clawed abomination take the best of me either!” It all made sense now…

    - Dude, listen. There’s a reason the Elite Five chose this as one of the regions for new Trainers’ initiation tests. This Zangoose has claimed these woods as its own, and has been known to pick fights with every Trainer that venture inside; it’s extremely cunning and strong to boot, not to mention it’s as if the Forest itself is under its control!

    He clenched his fist, words failing him for a moment.

    - I… I fought it already. I was no match for it, which means I have to leave the forest – the Zangoose has its rules. But I can’t… it’s not just about failing the Arcane Realm test! That thing took something from me, same as it does with every challenger it beats. I need to get it back, I have to! But the longer I stay here, the higher the odds that it’ll attack me for breaking its rules… Zangoose’s forest is no place for losers, and in its eyes, I am one. Are you sure you can beat it? Because… god**** it, because I need your help!

    Before you can answer, you hear an eerily-familiar sound: a dog-like bark… Laika! At first you wonder if he found Zangoose and Amethyst, but when the barking turns to a mix of howling and yelping, you realize something is very wrong. Laika’s in danger! And in the meantime, Leila’s wandered off into the depths of the forest, long out of sight… You can’t just stand here anymore!

    - If you wander blindly in there, you’ll fall into a trap just like your Poochyena. I know you’re in a rush, but you gotta think this through man. Most of the times, Trainers run into Zangoose after a long while of braving the woods, but this time around it was Zangoose that came to challenge you; it’s testing you, and you can bet there’ll be repercussions if you disappoint it… Think this through man. For all you know, your Weavile may have already been caught as well.

    Your gut is telling you to go check on Laika first, but what if that is what Zangoose expects you to do? Either way, while this may all be a sick game to Zangoose, it’s a very serious situation for you so there’s little time to waste – and if what Luke is saying is true, his own safety may be at risk as well.

    What do you do?
    While Luke's Onix was relieved that Hyrem called off the battle, Luke himself was more concerned when he sent out Leila and Laika after Zangoose. "Wait man, are you sure about this?" he asked with uncharacteristic worry. "Do you even know what you’re up against?! Because I do!" Hyrem tried to ignore the warning, nothing mattered but saving his Seviper at that point. But he could no longer ignore Luke when he grabbed his arm and stopped him. "What!? Will you leave me alone, you're making me lose time here!" he said, irritation evident on his face as he stared at Luke. What was his problem, huh!? "Will you listen?!" the other trainer said urgently. "You don’t know this Zangoose, you’ve just put those two in danger!"

    And I can’t leave just leave and let that that clawed abomination take the best of me either!” Those words he said earlier flashed back in Hyrem's mind. So that's what he meant by "clawed abomination". "Dude, listen. There’s a reason the Elite Five chose this as one of the regions for new Trainers’ initiation tests. This Zangoose has claimed these woods as its own, and has been known to pick fights with every Trainer that venture inside; it’s extremely cunning and strong to boot, not to mention it’s as if the Forest itself is under its control!" So Zangoose is the strongest Pokemon around these parts... "I… I fought it already," Luke continued, clenching his fist as the words he spat out next had some reluctance behind them. "I was no match for it, which means I have to leave the forest – the Zangoose has its rules. But I can’t… it’s not just about failing the Arcane Realm test! That thing took something from me, same as it does with every challenger it beats. I need to get it back, I have to! But the longer I stay here, the higher the odds that it’ll attack me for breaking its rules… Zangoose’s forest is no place for losers, and in its eyes, I am one. Are you sure you can beat it? Because… god**** it, because I need your help!"

    "Well, I-"

    A barking noise interrupts the conversation. "Laika, did you find them!?" he called out to his Mightyena. Then he heard a scary yelping noise. He was under attack! And Leila must have run off too far to hear the commotion and help out! Now two of his Pokemon were in trouble! He desperately wanted to run towards where his Pokemon were, but Luke cut him off again: "If you wander blindly in there, you’ll fall into a trap just like your Mightyena. I know you’re in a rush, but you gotta think this through man. Most of the times, Trainers run into Zangoose after a long while of braving the woods, but this time around it was Zangoose that came to challenge you; it’s testing you, and you can bet there’ll be repercussions if you disappoint it… Think this through man. For all you know, your Weavile may have already been caught as well."

    So that's what this was. Some sick, twisted game. Hyrem was the real prey Zangoose was hunting, and all of his Pokemon--even Amethyst, normally a kill-on-sight target for a Zangoose--were all just considered bait to lure the prize into the ultimate trap. And if what Luke said was true he was putting himself in danger just by sticking around. What did the Cat Ferret take from him that would warrant him putting his life at such a risk? Unless... one of his Pokemon was taken from him, one of his dear friends. It was definitely possible, though he said Zangoose took something from him, not someone...

    This was too much to be just a test for beginner trainers. A powerful Zangoose that played for keeps and terrorized the forest... this was exactly the kind of problem too large for a trainer just starting out. Now it wasn't enough just to beat Zangoose; he had to be removed from this forest entirely in order to make things safer for new trainers. And Hyrem was determined to be the one to catch him. Besides, he could use a Pokemon that served as a check for Amethyst's behavior (or at least give her a target other than him to vent her angst on). Maybe he was crazy for thinking he could raise both a Seviper and a Zangoose--and many people would almost certainly call him such, maybe even his friends and his team--but if he was successful, it would no doubt prove his worth as a Pokemon Trainer. But first he had to catch his hunter... before he got caught.

    "You said you needed my help, Luke," Hyrem replied with determination slowly kindling within himself. "Well, I need yours too. Both of us got something--or someone--taken from us, and we want them back. And if you couldn't beat him alone I probably won't be able to either. That's why I think we should work together on this one. Maybe then we'll have a chance. Let me just say this, though." He then turned towards Luke with his expression showing just how serious he was. "If this is some stupid game of cat-and-mouse that Zangoose is playing, he's playing it with the wrong mouse!" He then looked back to the path, still concerned for his Pokemon... he had no idea how much time he had left, if any at all! "You also said if I just walked in there, I'd fall into a trap. Let him try to, then. Because if he does," he says taking the Love Ball from his belt off to show Luke, not yet revealing his most trusted partner inside, "I'll be ready for him. I'm ready to play the game by my rules, not his. How about you?"

    Hyrem knew that, even if Luke was willing to work together with him, they still needed some sort of plan and hoped he had ideas of his own to provide some sort of backup for him. Everyone was in danger: Luke and his Pokemon, Hyrem's Pokemon, even Hyrem himself. He brought the Love Ball towards himself and moved his index finger over the button, barely touching it. This was such a delicate situation with up to three of his comrades being used as hostages; even if his friends--who may or may not be captured, or worse...--could still battle, he had to wonder... would he have what it took to get everyone out of this mess safely?
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 29th September 2013 at 9:08 AM.

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  21. #421
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Desert of Illusion

    EpicSquirtle: ((You sent out a Grass Type against a full-health Fire-Type with Eruption… I’ll wait for your next reply to show me a good reason to have chosen Kage, otherwise don’t expect the fight go well…))

    Kage, cold-blooded as always, looks at Camerupt with mild interest. If this is the one she has to put down this time, so be it. She quietly waits for your instructions, while the opponent huffs in disdain at your choice of partner.

    - You send the Nuzleaf to her doom, Human Jake. Did you not see what happened to those Cacturne earlier? I would have expected you to know better.

    Perhaps remembering the strategy used by those very Cacturne, you order Kage to use Growth, which she complies. Digging her feet in the sand and waving the leaf in her head to capture as much sunlight as possible, her cells absorb the solar energy and begin to multiply, her entire frame expanding at an impressive rate, until she stand about three times the size of Camerupt and yourself. You suddenly realize why Growth is proving so effective once again – the move becomes twice as useful under strong sunlight, and since you’re fighting in the desert, the sun doesn’t get much stronger than that!

    Camerupt looks at the towering Nuzleaf and scoffs. Come to think of it, it’s nothing he hasn’t handled before, and fairly recently too. The size difference doesn’t seem to bother him at all, probably because of that one deadly move that very few other Pokemon can utilize.

    As the camel takes his time to fight back, Kage wastes no time going on the offensive – she brings her palms together and focuses ghostly energy between them, shaping them into a massive sphere of the purest blackness. She hurls the human-sized Shadow Ball directly at Camerupt, who responds by summoning huge pillars of hardened sand from the ground in front of him with Earth Power; when the attacks collide, the earthen columns shatter into a cloud of particles, and the resulting shockwave almost makes you lose your footing, as well as sending several of the tiny Numel watching the match tumbling a couple of feet back. You remember how Camerupt dared you to protect them as you fought him, maybe this was what he meant; the fight is only going to get more intense from here on out, so you should definitely take care not to hurt the spectators.

    When the dust settles, Camerupt, remain unharmed, his masterful use of an offensive move as a defensive wall effectively cancelling Kage’s Shadow Ball. The opponent moves first this time, and lets out a wailing sound that resembles a colossal Yawn; he’s trying to put Kage to sleep so she’ll be an easy target! Taken by surprise at first, Kage merely smiles shortly afterwards, apparently unaffected. She lunges her (huge) self at the foe, Pounding him with impressive force and making him fall over! Telpo cheers as you finally see signs of an advantage building up. But just as you’re about to issue a new set of commands to capitalize on the lead… Kage somehow falls asleep! It had to be Camerupt’s Yawn… This is bad!

    The leader of the caravan gets back up slowly, smiling, before burying its paws in the sand to establish a wide base… and it begins to charge up, heat and flames emanating from the two volcanoes in his back, rumbling ominously as Camerupt takes aim for its ultimate move… Eruption!!

    You remember Kage’s special Ability may help her awaken in time to dodge, but that’s entirely up to luck; can you afford that? With Kage temporarily disabled, what will you do?



    DaveTheFishGuy: You’re suddenly met with an understandable conflict: on one hand, capturing Dwebble right now would ensure its safety and allow it to fight alongside you against the Tyranitar. On the other hand, you don’t have the critter’s permission, and after establishing a sort of bond with the little guy, you believe you at least owe it the freedom of choice. Choice… on second thought, that’s one thing you don’t have. Regardless of permission, if you deny Dwebble the most effective medical care you can provide right now, it will be the worst call you can make given the circumstances. Whether it’d agree to it or not, you’ll have to claim it as your own.

    You thank Rasheed and grab the Heal Ball, expand it and tap it lightly on Dwebble’s head. The device snaps open and pulls the Bug-Type inside, converting it into the familiar plasma state that very few Trainers actually understand, before closing shut. The center button flashes red as the ball’s contents struggle lightly, but in its state, there’s not much Dwebble can do to break the contraption’s lock. A couple of seconds later the red light stops blinking and the shaking ceases: You’ve captured a Level 5 Male Dwebble!

    Rasheed nods at your decision, apparently in agreement. The man is unbelievably hard to read, unlike Jabal – adding to the countless wrinkles, resembling hundreds of small cracks on a stony surface, the man’s features are practically static, as if the elder was made from clay. He walks closer to you and talks in a whisper, making it perfectly clear that his words are for your ears alone.

    - Mahad shared that you had a vision at the Grave of the Realm, pertaining to the last time we tried to subdue the Beast. Our failure signified the death of many of our children and near-extinction of our people; but you still know nothing of the enemy itself. Power, needed as it may be, is worth little without Knowledge; and no worthy warrior rides into battle to face an unknown foe.

    He subtly slides a Pokeball into your pocket, and continues to whisper.

    - Inside is one of my faithful servants, Claydol. With utmost discretion, I would have you summon it and request transportation to the Library of Crell. It now stands several miles from this village, unlike in centuries past, but Claydol can Teleport there with ease. When you arrive, be unfazed by its outward appearance; though it may lie in ruins on the surface, the main entrance remains open, and its halls spread deep underground, where countless of our ancestors’ texts remain unscathed to this day. Once inside, look for the Tome of the Beast, and bring it to me so we may study it – yet not all around us would approve of this ordeal, much less that the Tome be retrieved, hence why I request that you be discreet. As our village’s greatest and darkest secret, the book will most assuredly lie in the central chamber of the Library. I will trust your abilities to reach it; therein lies the test.

    You look around, confused. If the whole village is working together to stop the incoming menace, and if the Pillars themselves are willing to give you a chance to help, why would anyone be opposed to the test prepared by the unquestionably wisest man in the entire community? And that isn’t the only thing that worries you; even with Claydol’s help, searching an entire library for one measly book and making it back to the village in time… is that even possible? Not to mention that Seth, the Pillar of Wealth’s approval is still pending and he seems to be the hardest one to deal with… You don’t really expect to hear it from Rasheed, but you know you’re running against the clock. It’s understandable that they’ll want some kind of guarantee from you before entrusting you with all of their resources, but talk about pressure!

    Rasheed slowly walks away from you and back inside the tent; Jabal follows him, grinning at you one last time before walking in. Mahad and Seth remain outside, looking at you from the tent’s entrance, the former with a look of triumph over your success (solidifying his claims that you’re indeed special) and the latter… it’s hard to pinpoint his feelings from his stare alone, but it’s evident he’s actively trying not to like you.

    Under their watchful eye, and remembering Rasheed’s request, what do you do?



    The Graveyard

    swampertforever: Look here



    The Ocean of Mystery

    LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover: Look here



    Forest of Adventure

    Dark Searchman: ((Sorry for referring to Laika as a Poochyena in the last update))

    With fiery determination, you decide to take on Zangoose at his own game. Aware that he pretty much owns the Forest of Adventure, the odds are stacked against you once more – but if the match against Onix was any indication, you can handle the pressure just fine. You hope.

    You urge Luke to stay by your side, since the foe has taken something dear from both of you, and your odds of success will be higher if you work together. The Pike Queen’s brother thinks it over for a second, taken aback by your serious tone. Finally he nods and shakes your hand.

    - Okay Hyrem, you’re right. Thanks man, it... means a lot. I mean, I’m not convinced you can beat Zangoose since I couldn’t either, and our match was clearly going in my favour… But you’re right that we need to stick together right now.

    You try your hardest not to snap at the remark, there are more important things at hand. Each of you grabs a Pokeball from your belts, you choosing the Love Ball housing your precious Sera, and Luke… you wonder which Pokemon he’s choosing. Onix and Serperior are clearly not healthy enough, and he doesn’t seem to trust Dunsparce all that much. Now, where to go?

    You figure the best course of action will be to follow the only lead you have, which is Laika’s incessant barking. If he caught the Zangoose’s scent, it’s a safe bet that you’ll be moving in the right direction if you follow the Mightyena, and maybe you’ll even be able to help him if you’re quick enough! Fueled by this thought, you start running to meet Laika, followed closely by your new companion.

    After a while of running, dodging dangerously-low branches and hopping over tricky roots, with Luke having to stop a couple of times to aid his helpless Dunsparce through the rough terrain, the yelping becomes loud enough that you can pinpoint its origin. Making one last run for it, you arrive at a small clearing in the middle of the woods, but… Laika is nowhere in sight!

    - Dude, wait… look over there!

    Luke is pointing at the floor some steps away from where you’re standing. You carefully walk over to the spot and see… a huge hole in the floor! You take a peek inside, and even though it’s dark, there’s no mistaking it: your trusty hyena is inside, desperately clawing the walls in an attempt to get out. It’s evident what happened – Zangoose set a trap precisely where he knew his followers would pass through. And if that’s the case, who knows how many more are scattered through the forest…

    - Hyrem, your Mightyena’s not injured, we can’t afford to waste any time! We’ll come back for it later, but we can’t lose track of Zangoose!

    The very thought of leaving Laika behind disturbs you immensely, but from a strictly rational point of view, Luke’s right… On the other hand, that’s your Mightyena in distress down there! The clock is ticking, especially if you want to catch up to Leila and make sure she, too, is unharmed, but are you willing to leave Laika behind? And what might the consequences be if you stop now? Maybe no actual harm will come to any of your Pokemon if you’re really Zangoose’s true target, but are you willing to take that chance?

    What will you do?
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 30th September 2013 at 10:25 PM.

  22. #422
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Unda da sea
    Posts
    4,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    DaveTheFishGuy: You’re suddenly met with an understandable conflict: on one hand, capturing Dwebble right now would ensure its safety and allow it to fight alongside you against the Tyranitar. On the other hand, you don’t have the critter’s permission, and after establishing a sort of bond with the little guy, you believe you at least owe it the freedom of choice. Choice… on second thought, that’s one thing you don’t have. Regardless of permission, if you deny Dwebble the most effective medical care you can provide right now, it will be the worst call you can make given the circumstances. Whether it’d agree to it or not, you’ll have to claim it as your own.

    You thank Rasheed and grab the Heal Ball, expand it and tap it lightly on Dwebble’s head. The device snaps open and pulls the Bug-Type inside, converting it into the familiar plasma state that very few Trainers actually understand, before closing shut. The center button flashes red as the ball’s contents struggle lightly, but in its state, there’s not much Dwebble can do to break the contraption’s lock. A couple of seconds later the red light stops blinking and the shaking ceases: You’ve captured a Level 5 Male Dwebble!

    Rasheed nods at your decision, apparently in agreement. The man is unbelievably hard to read, unlike Jabal – adding to the countless wrinkles, resembling hundreds of small cracks on a stony surface, the man’s features are practically static, as if the elder was made from clay. He walks closer to you and talks in a whisper, making it perfectly clear that his words are for your ears alone.

    - Mahad shared that you had a vision at the Grave of the Realm, pertaining to the last time we tried to subdue the Beast. Our failure signified the death of many of our children and near-extinction of our people; but you still know nothing of the enemy itself. Power, needed as it may be, is worth little without Knowledge; and no worthy warrior rides into battle to face an unknown foe.

    He subtly slides a Pokeball into your pocket, and continues to whisper.

    - Inside is one of my faithful servants, Claydol. With utmost discretion, I would have you summon it and request transportation to the Library of Crell. It now stands several miles from this village, unlike in centuries past, but Claydol can Teleport there with ease. When you arrive, be unfazed by its outward appearance; though it may lie in ruins on the surface, the main entrance remains open, and its halls spread deep underground, where countless of our ancestors’ texts remain unscathed to this day. Once inside, look for the Tome of the Beast, and bring it to me so we may study it – yet not all around us would approve of this ordeal, much less that the Tome be retrieved, hence why I request that you be discreet. As our village’s greatest and darkest secret, the book will most assuredly lie in the central chamber of the Library. I will trust your abilities to reach it; therein lies the test.

    You look around, confused. If the whole village is working together to stop the incoming menace, and if the Pillars themselves are willing to give you a chance to help, why would anyone be opposed to the test prepared by the unquestionably wisest man in the entire community? And that isn’t the only thing that worries you; even with Claydol’s help, searching an entire library for one measly book and making it back to the village in time… is that even possible? Not to mention that Seth, the Pillar of Wealth’s approval is still pending and he seems to be the hardest one to deal with… You don’t really expect to hear it from Rasheed, but you know you’re running against the clock. It’s understandable that they’ll want some kind of guarantee from you before entrusting you with all of their resources, but talk about pressure!

    Rasheed slowly walks away from you and back inside the tent; Jabal follows him, grinning at you one last time before walking in. Mahad and Seth remain outside, looking at you from the tent’s entrance, the former with a look of triumph over your success (solidifying his claims that you’re indeed special) and the latter… it’s hard to pinpoint his feelings from his stare alone, but it’s evident he’s actively trying not to like you.

    Under their watchful eye, and remembering Rasheed’s request, what do you do?
    Watching intently, Dave observed the Heal Ball convert Dwebble into a pink stream of energy, no doubt a result of the brand of PokéBall it was. Sucking it inside, the device rested in his palm as it shook slightly. He'd only observed this process once, when he finally officially captured Suzi after she'd lived in his aquarium for several years, but it was still fascinating to see-- to feel it happening. Of course, thanks to Dwebble's condition, there was so little resistance it was only noticeable to him, his hand shaking with the orb as it weakly struggled, but soon it stopped, a satisfying PING! echoing about the now-quiet village.

    {Gotcha! Dwebble was caught!}

    The fisherman smiled down on the orb, a new friend safe inside, and hopefully fighting-fit once again. Not that he got much time to contemplate, as Rasheed started to outline his own challenge. The old man gave nothing away, maintaining an unreadable poker-face as he elaborated on the vision Dave had experienced earlier at the now-sunken rock. He was right. Aside from obvious things that he already knew about the Beast - it was an abnormally large Tyranitar, had a devastating Hyper Beam attack, and had hibernated for a century - none of that was enough to form a suitable strategy to deal with it aside from throwing super-effective attacks at it. Continuing to listen to the wise old man, Dave was surprised to feel the now familiar weight of a PokéBall slide into his pocket.

    Trying to keep a clear head, the trainer listened as best he could. He was to use Rasheed's Claydol to reach... an underground library... where he'd find an old book about the Tyranitar... and bring it back without anyone else knowing. Sure. Sounded like a real walk in the park. Before he could properly process what he'd been asked to do, Rasheed was ambling back toward the tent. He wanted to ask more. Like what the book looked like, or at least why people would want to stop him from retrieving it. Surely everyone would want to do what they could to stop a creature hell-bent on destroying everything they held dear?

    As the Pillar of Knowledge vanished, Dave exchanged a grin with Jabal, trying to hide the nervousness that was swiftly returning to him. Though Rasheed had made no mention of it, he couldn't help but feel like he was on some kind of timer. Looking over, he noticed Mahad and Seth were still observing him. He had to get somewhere out of sight in order to summon Claydol. Fortunately, the sandstorm whipped up by Jabal's Hippowdon during their battle had forced many of the villagers into their homes, and precious few had ventured out again. "Uh... I'm... just going to introduce myself to my Dwebble. Back soon!" he called to the two Pillars, before turning and walking around the corner of the large tent, out of sight and down a slope.

    "Come on out, Dwebble!" he spoke aloud, tossing the Heal Ball into the air and watching it split open, pink light cascading out to reconstitute the crustacean, now looking a lot healthier than he had before. Blinking, the Bug-type looked around before gazing upward. "Hey little guy! Looks like I'm your trainer now. I had to capture you while you were out cold, it was the only way to heal you any time fast. I hope you're ok with that?" he asked, hoping he hadn't offended the critter. The Dwebble took a moment to process everything, before breaking out in a smile, rubing one of his claws against Dave's shin. "Whew, that's good to know. I didn't want to offend you by catching you without your blessing." the trainer added, reaching down to pat the arthropod on the head. "You need a name though... Hmm..." Names flashed through his mind. Dwebble wore rocks, mining them away to make them into a personal home so that they became a part of their bodies, and eventually grew into powerful warriors with shells made of strata. "...got it. Welcome to the team... Detritus."

    Smiling at his new name, the Dwebble quickly hooked his spiky leg into his trainer's pant leg. "Hey! What..." with swift movements afforded by his un-shelled state, the Dwebble quickly clambered up Dave's attire to reach his shoulder before leaping onto his head, taking up his former perch, eliciting a chuckle from the fisherman. "Heh, alright, you can sit up there." A squeak followed from one of his pockets, a fish's head sticking out after its owner had recovered from her intense battle. "And I think you've met Suzi. Right then, we've got business to attend to." With that, he withdrew the PokéBall that Rasheed had slipped into his pocket. With a tap, he maximised it before throwing it forward to split open.

    Following the requisite lightshow accompanying the release of a Pokémon, Dave beheld the statue in front of him. He'd seen four of them in his vision, but in the flesh it was... different. The thing hung in the air, spinning slowly on its axis, two stubby arms the only clue as to which way it was facing. Not that it mattered - huge pink eyes surrounding what could only be described as its head regarded him emotionlessly. If the Pokémon had any objections to being summoned by someone other than its trainer, it didn't show it. Dave was slightly daunted before the being, the knowledge that Claydol possessed Psychic powers not helping, but he tried to hide any show of nerves as he spoke to the statue. "Claydol, you were entrusted to me by Rasheed. I humbly beg for transport to the Library of Crell, your trainer has asked me to retrieve something for him." The Ground-type remained stoic as Dave finished his request, the fisherman bowing his head in respect as he hoped the statue would help him out...


    Profile
    Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 3rd October 2013 at 10:03 PM.

  23. #423
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    OH HEY GAIZ. YOU MISS ME? I THINK I GOT IT. I THINK I GOT IT BACK NOW.

    Silverton Ranges
    Fallen Icarus


    You try your best not just to comfort Yuki, but get her back to the point where she would come with you and help whoever was moaning in the cave. She looks into your eyes, and in them you can see the backdrop of her mind. On this backdrop is the dark, brutal colors of her feelings...the fear, shaded a crimson red, that she has of turning into a monster; the hopelessness, shaded black, knowing that her situation is unavoidable; the depression, a dark blue, telling her that nothing is left for her. But you can see something else. A bright white splatter. The splatter of hope. Hope that you can take her out of this and keep her safe. Hope that there is something bright at the end of this journey. "Okay, Onii-chan. You need to protect me and keep me safe. I'll come with you." She gets up, and you see a tear fall down her face; a sign that she is beginning to warm up again. You smile and she gives you a big one back, and you both run down the tunnel where you heard the moaning.

    Your feet clatter against the ice-covered rocks, and on more than one occasion, you nearly slip and fall to the ground. What was keeping you up, however, was Yuki. You couldn't fall to the ground with her being there. You needed to be there for her. "It's the duty of adults to act cool," someone once said, and you needed to act cool and have a level-head. But, you can't help but notice something as you run down the tunnel, keeping briskness a forefront. The moaning you keep hearing...is sounding less and less like a human being. With tunnels being the way they are, its possible that as the sound moved through the tunnels, it became distorted and warped, causing you to think that you heard someone moaning but actually it was something else entirely. But then again, it is also odd that something is moaning period around here, so you continue your pursuit of the odd moaning noises, in hopes that it might also lead to someplace safe. You running finally pays off, as you run into another cave in the mountain, this one completely cutoff from the outside world except for a tunnel that goes in and a tunnel that goes out. You see large pieces of ice everywhere, but your sight isn't trained on them at the moment. It is on what you see in front of you. There is another person in here after all. A trainer roughly about your age, but he is knocked out cold, and you can see the trainers Tauros standing between him and a Froslass. The Froslass looks at the two of them with a longing look, before the Tauros charged at the Froslass. You could hear a chuckle come from the Froslass, an almost human chuckle, before it fades away into nothingness, causing the Tauros to charge right through thin air. He stops, and then turns around, finding a smug Froslass before she breathes her Frost Breath over the bull. He roars before he is completely encased in ice, and it is then that you can see what is encased in those blocks of ice. People. Pokemon. This is the lair of a Froslass, and you have just made the gravest mistake of your life. But not only yours.

    As you grasp that, you see that Yuki has walked up to the Froslass, now completely fixated on Yuki. "Big sister...onee-san...is that you...please onee-san, it's me, Yuki. Please remember." The Froslass just looks at the girl, like it doesn't have a clue what she is saying, before the Froslass hugs Yuki. Just when you think that the Froslass has some humanity left, you see a bright purple flash shoot across the room, and the Froslass shriek in pain...no, in anger. She raises one of her hands into the air, and a ball of Ice energy forms at the tip of it, pointed directly at Yuki. She didn't recognize her, she didn't pity her. She tricked her, pure and simple. The Froslass fires the Ice Beam at Yuki, the jagged beams of ice shooting right by her...only for the knocked out trainer to get in the way, completely freezing him over. Yuki screams at this point, and now you see her run your way...and draw the attention of the Froslass towards you. You wonder if it really is her sister, but the one thing at the moment that is clear is that you might not get out of this alive. You get out alice. kill me

    What will you do?

    Forest of Adventure
    lightpanda


    Seeing the spark of life in the two of you as you rush to protect the Phanpy, Stantler charges at the two of you again, this time really going for Chichi and looking to inflict some serious damage. He gallops up to the fish, who barely has any time to react before a large hoof comes crashing into his face, sending him flying backwards and rolling across the ground. A loud yell can be heard from the Chinchou, and you desperately look behind you to see if he is okay. Chichi gets back up easily though, and now sees that you are going to have to stop that Stantler if you want to help the Phanpy and get out of this forest. Chichi begins to crackle and spark with electricity, becoming its own little electric eel as suddenly faint tendrils of high voltage stunning electricty wriggle out of Chichi's little light sacs. They move towards the Stantler and bind around its legs and body, causing its muscles to lock up in paralysis. The Stantler grunts and groans from the electricity, looking near deranged, but it can't do one thing about it at the moment. You put the Phanpy in the Poke ball you prepared for it, and go to pick up Chichi. But as you do so, the electricity begins to fade away, and you realize that the Thunder Wave could only ever be a temporary measure.

    You were going to have to stay and fight. If you ran now, the Stantler would surely follow, and it looked like it was already beginning to overcome the paralysis that was brought about by the Thunder Wave. You place Chichi back down, and it understand what you are thinking by nodding, before charging up a massive amount of electricity in its body. You can see sparks shoot out from it and little arcs of electricity shoot from it to the ground, like Chichi was its own little thundercloud. This electricity builds up before a massive lightning bolt shoot out from Chichi, shooting up into the sky before it arcs around and slams into the Stantler. The Stantler falls down and gives a loud yell as the electricity passes through it, doing a lot of damage to the deer Pokemon. But, this time the electricity is not as potent with paralysis as it was before, and the Stantler gets up, unparalyzed, and begins to stare Chichi. One can see the round orbs/gems in the Stantler's horns begin to oscillate back and forth in them, moving ever so slowly at first before beginning to move faster and faster. Chichi is mesmerized by these orbs, and finds himself becoming sleepier and sleepier. Chichi then falls into a deep sleep, completely tranced by the Stantler's hypnosis. You look at Chichi soundly asleep. This doesn't look good for anyone now.

    What will you do?

  24. #424
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ysgark
    Posts
    400

    Default

    OOC: Reposting Because It's been more than three months since I posted this and no one has replied to it. Yeah.

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post


    The Arcane Realm



    The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
    A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.
    “Ahh…” Kolon Said as he walked into the graveyard.
    “It’s such a nice day, Isn’t it, Kamio?” Kolon’s Skarmory turned, his steel feathers glinting, and looked at Kolon inquisitively, as if to say; Are you kidding me? Kolon caught the glance and laughed.
    “Just kidding! This place gives me the creeps.”
    : Skarmory! (I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s afraid!)
    Kolon smiled, glad to have such a large armoured bird as his companion. Attempting to make small talk to ward off the chills he was getting, Kolon said
    “Hey, Kamio, on the rare occasion that a Pokémon dies, do you think it becomes a ghost of that Pokémon, or do you think it becomes a Ghost-Type Pokémon, like Ghastly or Misdreavus?”
    : Skar… skar Skarmory. Skar, Skarmory mory, Skarmory! (hmm… I’ve never really thought about that. I guess I don’t know. Wait, Why are you even asking me this? you don't even understand what I'm saying!)
    Not realising that Kamio was just responding to his question, Kolon tensed.
    “What is it, Kamio?” he asked, casting his eyes around.
    “Did you see something? Are we being followed by a ghost?” Kamio let out a sound similar to a series of grinds of flint against steel, and Kolon became even more frightened, before he realised that Kamio was laughing at their lack of ability to communicate. Kolon laughed as well, relieving his tension. Kolon said
    “Well, all jokes aside, we’d better get going. We don’t want to linger around too long.”
    : Skar, skarmory. (I agree, let’s go.)
    With that, the trainer and his pokemon set off to discover what wonders the graveyard held.


    Profile

  25. #425
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Hello everyone, I am kaisap112 and I will be taking care of you during your stay at the Arcane Realm. I might seem harsh at times, but when I give critique I give it for a reason and only with your best interest at heart. Let's all have a good time together, shall we?

    Uhhhhh: Finding yourself lost in what appears to be the Forest of Adventure, you try to make the most of your situation by taking some pictures of the beautiful nature around you. Kasimir doesn't seem to care much for the greenery, content with his position up in the sky. Looking down on you in more ways than one, Kasimir notices you are too interested in the green, leaf-filled branches and leaves to notice you're heading for suspiciously odd-colored land on the road. Unless pink in the middle of a forest road is considered normal these days? Smirking at the chance to get some more or less deserved payback on his trainer, the Murkrow starts cawing at you to draw your attention. Mistaking this act for an olive branch, you aim your camera up and start snapping pictures of the flying Murkrow while walking after him...until your foot suddenly goes right through the pathway you're walking on.

    Miraculously enough, you manage to fall on your face with your foot up to the knee in the hole instead of falling in all the way – some luck! That is, until you see your camera sliding away from you from the impact; you must have lost your grip on the camera while falling down. Kasimir makes a noise that sounds like laughter as you attempt to get up again...and still keep trying after five minutes. Your foot seems to be firmly lodged into the ground – pardon, the hole which seems to be covered up with pink boards. That's about all the detective work you can do from your current position, no thanks to the Murkrow that has now landed on a branch above and slight in front of you, clearly pleased with himself.

    What will you do?



    Rotom310: You and Salazar seem to have stumbled upon quite the piece of technology, allowing you to converse with each other, happily welcoming the chance to focus on anything other than the eerie atmoshpere, slight bit of fog covering the visibility and the graves in all shapes and sizes around you. Dark trees seem to be reaching their branches toward you, like disturbingly long fingers...and the occasional small whisp of cold wind on the back of your neck isn't helping. Suddenly there's loud rattling and buzzing right in your ear – you look around frantically before realizing that the startling noise is coming from your bluetooth headset. Salazar keeps looking at you, mouth moving frantically, but all you can hear is the horrid noise in your ear. Just when you're about to pull the whole thing off your head, the buzzing gets quieter.

    ”I love you, daddy!”

    Utterly confused by this declaration, you look at Salazar. Salazar doesn't seem to have a clue what's happening, so it probably wasn't him. (Which might be for the best, all the potential awkwardness considered.) The buzzing in your ears grows louder once more, and with a bit of curiousity about the weird message, you take a few steps forward-

    ”Come look, daddy! Over here!”

    You turn to your left, suddenly noticing a small pebble path going between two graves. For some reason you hear cheerfully giggling in the distance, despite the very unfitting setting for such noise. Your bluetooth wizzes a bit before more words start flowing to your ears.

    ”Daddy, look what we made for you! Daddy, why are you such a Slowpoke? Come on!”

    The giggling in the distance continues, making Salazar visibly disturbed. But if Salazar can hear the giggling as well, it must be coming from somewhere other than your headset...

    What will you do?



    Myrrh: Cold from your playtime in the snowy mountains, you head back to the hiking path. Just as you're thinking about which Pokémon you'd like to bring out to play with you when you get the chance, there's noise in the snow surrounding you. You do a full 360-degree-turn, trying to catch sight of whatever it is that made the noise. After a moment of silence, you come to the conclusion it was all your imagination and head on down the snowy path. Some snowflakes start slowly falling down upon you, reminding you of the cold weather and crisp air – good thing you're heading for a fire, right?

    Happy to reach your outdoor fireplace, you start up a fire and begin hanging your wet clothes up (after changing into dry ones, naturally). Hanging all the clothes evenly on sticks around the fire, you circle the heat source deep in thought. Suddenly you hear the noise from before again, but this time it seems to be ridiculously close to you! Looking up from the pants you're hanging up, you notice that your sweater has disappeared...well...almost.

    Some feet away from the camp your sweater seems to be running across the snow all on its own. You blink in shock and look again. Yep, the sweater is still on the run!

    What will you do?



    ShuckTsubo – The format of your post isn't adequate for official zones: please refrain from using ”humping sprites” and script-form (Kamio: blah blah ← this is script-form); it is all the more confusing to read when you have mixed up script-form and ”regular” writing. Instead of this...

    Skar, skarmory. (I agree, let’s go.)

    I'd like to see perhaps something like this...

    ”Skar, skarmory” nodded Kamio in agreement.

    What kind of graveyard are you in? How's the weather like? What does your character see, feel, smell, hear in this graveyard? Think of your current post as a skeleton – some more meat and such will make it all the better and more comfortable to read. You also shouldn't use the Enter-key as much as you are – it does make the post look bigger, but when you take out the sprites and script-format, you don't have much left. Try to only use Enter when you end a paragraph.

    Do you use a spellchecker, by any chance? I'd wager a guess from your post that English is not your first language, and this is okay, but you are systematically making the same or similar grammar errors...

    Hopefully this advice made sense, because I'd love to see you take your writing just that little bit further than it is now. I'll get back to you again once you have edited your post to better fit FB-guidelines.

    I also must add that double-posting and being impatient (complaints about lack of updating in a very negative manner around the forums, for example) will only serve to make updaters NOT want to pick you up or reply to you in addition to making your adventures...unpredictable. Updaters have lives and commitments outside FB as well, so please consider that while your beef is a lack of updates, the updater might be dealing with the chance of going broke, losing their home, serious illness etc. So please, at least try to tone down your expectations unless you want people to get the wrong idea.
    Last edited by kaisap112; 17th October 2013 at 10:51 PM.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •