Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Nuzlocking Experiences

Default Your Nuzlocking Experiences

Recently i've got into the more deeper parts of pokemon such as the competetive aspects, the rng'ing, and nuzlocking.

Nuzlocking ain't easy. When my pokemon dies from a random critical hit i feel the greatest urge to soft reset, and i mourn the passing.
    When that overpowered rival comes up a couple levels higher then expected..... its a massacre.

So i want to know your nuzlocking experiences, and how many of you Nuzlocke.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I've done several nuzlockes, and even though I'm almost done with most of them, and I have a good death record (only 2 deaths out of 7 nuzlockes ain't bad), I don't have the guts to finish any of them. I'm too attached to all of my Pokemon and I'm really afraid of losing them in the final battle.
    I do think nuzlockes are really fun, though. And they've completely changed my opinion on some Pokemon. I used to think Liepard sucked, but I've had one in both my White nuzlocke and my Black 2 nuzlocke, and in both of them, it performed spectacularly. It's also completely changed my opinion of the 'first route rodents.' I've used Raticate (twice), Watchog, and Bibarel in nuzlockes and none of them ever let me down. They're all still alive now, in fact.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

well im still on my first nuzlocke (soul silver)
    and i've some casualties( starter died, 2 more died....)
    i still have no water pokemon to learn surf...
    but it sure has improved my opinion of pokemon like you said.
    I now really like heracross, togetic, and arbok!

I've done 2 Nuzlockes and both failed terribly. Now I'm doing my third one and is all going good so far, almost 4 badges and no deaths
    Always my Pokémon dies, I just wanna take it back, find loop holes and try to convince myself his death wasn't air and I shouldn't consider it dead, but then I just accept the fact that it is dead and box it for eternity
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

Please don't bash me for asking but what is Nuzlocking?
    "It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -

nuzlocking is where you release a pokemon if it faints, and you can only catch the first pokemon you see in an area.
    you can add more rules from there, but you must have these rules to be a nuzlocke

EDIT: @Zeca
    I feel that way sometimes too.
    One time I (psst dont tell anyone)
    used a revive on my ekans cause it was one level away from evolving,
    mind you i didn't buy it

I've done several. I'm doing one now in emerald like Marriland did about 2 months ago. I also did one in platinum but stopped before the elite 4 because almost all my team died and I really didn't want to train up 5 more pokemon >.< I'm also doing a heartgold wedlocke, also like Marriland is doing at the moment. If you want to know about that challenge I suggest looking up his rules video on youtube.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Oh ok. Just to clarify on the "you can only catch the first Pokemon you see in an area" part, let's say for example you see Pokemon A on Route 1. Would that be the only Pokemon I'm allowed to catch on Route 1? After catching that, I'd have to wait until I reach Route 2 to catch another right?

Quote Originally Posted by Youngster Sheba View Post
    Oh ok. Just to clarify on the "you can only catch the first Pokemon you see in an area" part, let's say for example you see Pokemon A on Route 1. Would that be the only Pokemon I'm allowed to catch on Route 1? After catching that, I'd have to wait until I reach Route 2 to catch another right?
    Yes. And if you knock out that Pokemon, you can't catch anything else from that Route. The fact that you can't choose your team is te thing that hooks me the most at the Challenge
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

Ok. Thanks for the info ^_^

yes that rule is an essential part of a nuzlocke.
    a nuzlocke is all about building bonds and taking care of pokemon you didn't pick,
    as you can only catch one pokemon per area, and a pokemon fainting is final.
    You can add numerous rules to this like, not catching any legendaries, or mercy rules
    such as catching a shiny when you see one.

I've always wanted to do a Nuzlocke challenge but I've never actually done it.
    Pokemon Alpha Sahppire Team

Trainer Name: Erin
    3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    I've always wanted to do a Nuzlocke challenge but I've never actually done it.
    Same. I'm playing Heart Gold through vanilla at the moment, so I'm undecided on what game..
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    Same. I'm playing Heart Gold through vanilla at the moment, so I'm undecided on what game..
    I've beaten both Black and Black 2 so if I do one, I'll probably do it on SoulSilver since I haven't beaten it yet. But the one thing I worry about is losing all my Pokemon to Whitney. She was a pain to beat in HeartGold.
    Pokemon Alpha Sahppire Team

Trainer Name: Erin
    3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720

you should do it.
    Although you'll suffer some loses, its really fun.
    I recommend Soulsilver, because its one of the biggest games of the Pokemon series.
    Milktank's stomp+attract is annoying, but if you have a fighting type pokemon its not too hard

I'm actually working on 2 Nuzlocke challenges right now. My Emerald and Heartgold.
    Emerald was my first time doing a Nuzlocke, and I'm failing horribly on that game. Lost every good Pokemon I had fighting Flannery. I've basically given up all hope winning that Nuzlocke challenge.
    My Heartgold, on the other hand, is doing much better compared to my Emerald. I've only lost 3 Pokemon (compared to like 10 on Emerald) after 6 gyms. I rushed the last couple gyms though which was stupid of me. When I fought Jasmine yesterday, she took out my 34 Quilava with her second Magnemite, which killed me on the inside. My friend, who I convinced to do a Nuzlocke challenge as well, watched the tragedy unfold with me. I was so upset when my poor baby took a turn for the worst. But I've had funny experiences as well. My Togepi, named Mr. T, decided to use Momento while I had fun using Metronome. It would have been funnier if it used, like, Self Destruct or something, but I guess killing yourself to lower the opponent's attack works.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

I've tried two. One (HG) was an utter failure, and the other (B1) was pretty successful, with only 4 deaths. I'm thinking about doing more soon, if I can find the time.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

I've tried it once in ruby and it was a failure. I took too much risks and lost to my rival in route 110.

I did a Nuzlocke once on FireRed. Everything went well until Cerulean City, where I completely underestimated Misty's Starmie - it obliterated my entire team. Moral of the story: Charmander is not good for FRLG Nuzlockes.

I didn't have the patience to do a new one or continue on after that...
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

I did the challenge mode in White 2, and try to fight with Cheren with my four pokemon. He wipe out all of my pokemon. I became a sad panda.
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

I might delete my old save and do one on Soul Silver after I've beat HG, then! Or maybe Black 2? I never did complete Black 2 - only White 2.

I'm too weak to release them.
    Last edited by Mays; 24th January 2013 at 1:10 PM.

I have done nuzlocking in Silver, Emerald, and White.
    Although I get pretty lucky doing well with nuzlockes, I've never finished any of the ones I started. xD
    Least to say, if I have Pokemon who didn't survive my nuzlockes, I still keep them in boxes instead of releasing them. x:

• Emerald was my first nuzlocke, and I think I last left off around the 7th gym or so. It's been awhile since I last played. Still cannot forgot the moment where one of my best first encounters was a Skarmory.
    • My Silver nuzlocke was something I did for a small friendly speedrun competition among my friends to see who would get the farthest in their Gold/Silver nuzlockes. I was able to win that because I somehow avoided getting poisoned by Weedles, and everyone else either got plagued by poison or lost their survived Pokemon at one point. My only downside is that I haven't had a full surviving team throughout my whole playthrough (or in other words, I've only had four surviving Pokemon by the time it was over; I've only gotten as far as Cianwood City, however). lol
    • And then, the most recent nuzlocke I started was on White, but it was a randomizer type of nuzlocke. I never got that far yet because I got pretty busy with other things.

Last edited by SilverLanayru; 24th January 2013 at 8:04 PM.
    Trinity League: Psychic Gym Leader & Resort Manager (Wi-fi UU) | The Eternian Forces: Harena Region's Merchant
    3DS FC: 1977-0801-2134 | NNID: SilverLanayru | Rawr~ <3

"This is the sorceress of light, who takes to the battlefield her Book of Sorcery."

Pokégyms Badge Progress | Credits

I'll probably do one on Black 2.

I have Nuzlock'd Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, and Black.

I lost every time. Furthest I ever went was on Ruby, made it to the Groudon battle.
    Currently Nuzzing Black, in the Cold Storage at the moment. Just lost my Palpitoad to that stupid Rotation Battle Chuck guy.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

I've only attempted it once, HeartGold, but never finished. I never lost either. I still had my first 3 Pokemon, including my starter. I got bored with it after the 4th gym. I was destroying everybody.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast