Thread: Help my tattoo!

Default Help my tattoo!

Hey guys. I obviously just made my account today, but for good reason! I just got this tattoo today and I want to make it better. It will be colored in, we just ran out of time.

I have other Pokemon tattoos on the inside of my arm and I'm going to try to work out some sort of sleeve.

I was just hoping some artsy people could come up with some decent drawings/ideas for me to get on my arm!

I'm looking to stick to mainly Pokemon. But more Zelda or Mario stuff works for me. It's mainly the back of my arm with room, but I'll be going down obviously. I can also go above the Mudkip some.

Any ideas help.
    Thanks!

photo.JPG

So your getting a sleeve then?

I think I may have a very different style than yours but I'll try help out
    Firstly can you answer
    What's your favorite pokemon, pokemon characters, type ect...

____

I'd also say don't color that mudkip until you figure out what else you want near him
    Because if you do him to bright or clash with other colors he will stand out, and the same goes for not standing out too don't make him too dull...
    Ever see some people with sleeves and one part stand out and the rest is a black blurr at first, you don't want that now do you?

___

I'd also recommend you get your main pieces done then fill them in and connect them together with swirls, water, glows and small pieces

___

As for Zelda:
    Iv only played one Zelda game to be honest and that's twilight princess
    Now gothitell could work well dresses as the twilight princess when beautiful, you could change around gothitells dress a little to split and then incorporate the colors of the twilight princess
    But then again any pokemon could, you could have something like a charmander in her dress and wig....

You could also do the iconic gold triangle, and maybe put something like the gas ball in the middle?

As I stated before I'm not a big Zelda fan
    ___
    I am a big fan of art, and tattoo's included
    I have one planned for next month
    And I would get a pokemon representation in their
    I had plans of a stag with color full splashes coming from its antlers, based on one of my art pieces
    But when xerneas was first shown in the official xy trailer, Iv had thoughts of incorporating some of its design into the tattoo, like its eyes and blue coloring

http://s10.postimg.org/pcl4ss3zt/1eb...590b80a5e8.jpg

But it does depend on what artist you go to
    I'd allways say wait until your the legal age and go to sombody who's art style you like and would be best for your tattoo design, also be very clear on what you want and don't be afraid to speak up and tell them exactly

___

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...DX8Z7KSotpGkwQ

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...7Spcz0yZJdIKCp

I like the idea of incorporating pokemon into a tattoo
    Like the suger skull cubone above

____

A shiny roserade could make a great tattoo using the icon tat to styled roses
    http://shinyshunters.free.fr/Images%...7_roserade.png

___

I can't get to sketching right now, but I may be able to tomorrow
    And if you tell me your favorite types, pokemon, characters for the games
    I'm sure I could come up with something

Also what style would you want it, all very bright and cartoonish?
    Last edited by adamfitz; 3rd July 2013 at 12:09 AM.
    Credit to FairyWitch
    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Oh wow this is a great reply, thanks. Your second two links didn't work for me. Just gonna get that out there real quick.
    I'm thinking a half sleeve. Maybe more if it works out like that. I do like the cartoon look. more unique that way I think.

Some of my favorites include Jirachi, Shaymin, Froslass, and Fennekin. As long as they're not boring/ugly or just a generic bug Pokemon, lol. I have Plusle and Minun tattooed and they're no where close to some of my favorite Pokemon. Ice and Ghost types also seem cool.
    Characters? Eh not really my style, you know?

That's a good point on getting it colored in, thanks. Because I really want to work this into a nice big piece, and my artist is totally into that idea.

I do in fact like your Twilight Princess idea. I was also thinking something to do with the Zelda Poe's as a Mismagius.
    Poe_Artwork_(Ocarina_of_Time).png

About the legal age, I'm nearly 25. hahaha. And my Artist, like I said, is totally down for this. He knows a decent amount on Pokemon. More like Gen 3 and back. When I first met him he goes "Oh wow nice Crobats on your arm!" most people just say Zubat hahah

That Roserade does look awesome. I'm not against shiny versions of Pokemon if they look great.

I had kind of this idea of maybe Mudkip at the top of a hill or something. Since obviously he's standing above everyone. and then a bunch of "peasant" Pokemon looking up and praising him
    Kind of in a way like this.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-W4YS0hch6o...ki-simba-1.jpg

and other the other animals are like "oh wow it's Simba!!!" bad example, but I think you get my point, right? haha
    Obviously with that I'd need to color a hill and get a background behind Mudkip.

So say like Mudkip is standing up on top of a hill/rock and Pokemon are just so happy that he just killed the Mismagius Poe. Obviously this might be too much for my scrawny arm. But any input helps.
    I talked to my artist today a little about it. But getting someone else's idea also works.

I'm sure you're much more creative than me. I can't draw at all, so I'm sure you could throw something together and blow my idea out of the water.

sorry for the late reply. I checked yesterday but no one had said anything and then I had to work. =(

Hey

Minute you said froslass I had a good idea of her as a peasant woman in white raggs(her body/dress)
    In a dramatic pose looking up to the mudkip
    Or you could have her in the shy pose she is usually in with her hands near her mouth, standing behind mudkip as if mudkip is saving her?
    Like this:
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...s_froslass.png
    ____

Other pokemon that would make great princesses are lilligant, gardevoir or audino
    Id like meloetta but that's just me
    You could even have the princess holding a baby shaymin to protect it

______

You could also do a dragon type flying in the sky
    But since it would be smaller you should do one recognizable from a distance
    Like maybe a hydragon or flygon?

____

Your right your upper arm will be abit small for a lot to be going on
    I'd suggest get this and then fade it into another scene/picture of pokemon when you want to
    If he's standing on a cliff there won't be a lot you can do underneath without messing up proportions

____

As for the cliff you could have pokemon like sandslash beneath it
    Or it could be an ice cave cliff with ice types hiding/lurking around it
    A pokemon like vibrava or Helioptile would be nice to see scaling the cliff so its not just a bland rocky patch
    ___

You could also have lunatone or solrock in the sky depending on the time of day
    Or stick them together...
    It would give a mythological feel to it for sure
    Have them glow up and shine in a cloudy sky

____

Your mismagius idea is great and would work well
    You could have her fainting/falling from the cliff as if mudkip slayed her

___

I don't have a lot of time free
    So I quickly did a color code where abouts
    I hadn't realized how much room mudkio took up so you could do one scene with three pokemon in it
    The mudkip, princess and the mismagius/ghost
    PINK-PRINCESS POKEMON
    RED-CLIFF
    PURPLE-GHOST

Last edited by adamfitz; 6th July 2013 at 7:19 PM.
    Credit to FairyWitch

Omg! You're a genius. I love the thinking.

Flygon in the background could be possible.
    Flygon is by far my favorite dragon Pokemon. But the solrock/lunatone would probably work better. Like maybe directly behind mudkips fin? Kind of going on to my back.

The meloetta princess idea I think is great. I know she's nothing like it, but she reminds me of Midna from twilight princess. But, like you said, froslass could also work there. I do love froslass a lot. I think she would look great there. I'm just not sure if getting white tattooed is the best idea. Which kinda makes me like the meloetta idea a little more.

The mismagius/ghost Poe-like Pokemon dead is a good idea. That could kinda be your call on who would work best and would be easiest to draw in that space given.

The cliff I totally agree with. Tons of pokemon can go there. But just to keep it simple in the limited space, a Geodude would probably work best. Maybe grabbing the edge of the cliff and goo around to the back of my arm?

If this were to be done how you kinda colored, it would even out pretty well and I should be able to blend it into more work somewhat easily. Hopefully lol.
    Like you said with swirls, water, etc.

The mudkip does take a ton of room.
    So the princess, cliff, and dead ghost wouldn't exactly be showing off the tattoo, but I think it would look cool.

I'm in no rush. My arm is still healing. But I mean, if you threw something together and made it look awesome and my artist says he can do it, id gladly throw you some money on PayPal.

Thanks for the reply!

-----

Your right about the froslass and the white ink, it won't stick out too well
    Meloetta would be very good there, any form would do
    In her normal form the hair could flow onto your back, or her attacking form it is neatly tied up

And mismagius would be great falling from mudkips sword
    You could have shadow falling with it as if he has sliced into the ghost

-----

And since there isn't a lot of room behind mudkip its really your call on flygon or solrock/lunatone

-----

I love the idea of extending the thing onto your back, how would you feel about the flygon been on your shoulder blade with its tail elongated flowing in the sky above the mudkip?
    Then you could add onto your back if you feel you want to as an arm is always harder to work with especially the lower half

____

I live the idea if putting in a gen6 pokemon a lot, of what revealed ones are your favorites?
    ____
    I'd love to draw up an under water scene of pokemon, maybe beneath the cliff is water?
    And we could see the depths of it?
    I'm might be getting carried away hahaha

-----

I'll draw some things up today really quick since I don't have a lot of time it will be a very quick pencil sketch

___

I did this very quickly
    Sorry if something is missing from mudkip or its not exactly the same as your other one, I wasn't able to see the picture well I had to use my phone to see the image
    And my screen is small...
    I just quickly sketched it out in pencil then went over in marker
    The lines are abit thick because I couldn't find a smaller one (I'm away from my art supplies)

____

I also did a flygon one to show how it could work out
    Now the flygon could be on your shoulder blade
    I used a picture of your mudkip that didn't turn out to well and added flygons tail to show how it could fit in

____

Here's the idea for solrock/lunatone drawn out

Last edited by adamfitz; 7th July 2013 at 5:44 PM.
    Credit to FairyWitch

I woke up and checked this page for a reply. I got one. so happy!

I sent that to my artist. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to make it work. I feel like I should've just gone to the shop instead of texting him lol.
    If he won't do it I guess I'll have to find someone else. I just moved recently and I made friends with this guy. So I hope we're cool enough friends for him to finish his work.

I think it looks pretty awesome. even without art supplies. I like the Flygon on to my back and everything. I wish he'd hurry up and text me! Being ignored pisses me off.

I do also really like the idea of continuing the piece on. Let me show you my other tattoos. The other side of my arm is taken up. So it would have to be done on the Mudkip side.
    Also, don't rush. lol. I gotta get this first! But if you're ever bored and have nothing to do. Sure draw some stuff lol
    I just don't want yo to draw it and waste your time until I at least have that done!

Sorry for the crappy quality of this. It gets the point across tho. lol
    676A0055.jpg

you're my hero right now lol

I'm sure he will gept back to you, its allways best to get it done by the same artist so the style matches up
    But if he doesn't don't worry I'm sure their is somebody good near by
    He could just be busy atm....

I live your other tattoos
    Love the plusle and minun with the heal ball, you could add onto that and make it look cooler
    Adding on shine and different abstract designs, maybe even another pokeballs and small pokemon like joltick?
    It looks like they need abit more color, they don't look very vibrant and colorful like I would think they should be, or that may just be the lighting or picture quality

Can I see your crobats too?
    Credit to FairyWitch

Ughhh just deleted all that I typed. Fml. So now this is going to be shorter

I plan on doing more to my crobats and plusle and minun. I just wasn't think sleeve when I got the crobats so it's a little hard. I got them like 7 years ago when I was legal and had money. Had to do it haha. My new artist says he wants to touch them up.

The plusle and minun look great actually. That's when they were freshly done. I've had them touched up. They look a lot better than any of my other ones. Haha. They're bright and colorful.

With a little web browsing I found this.
    Thanks Internet.
    This was obviously when they first were done.

http://pokemontattoos.tumblr.com/pos...-straight-edge

Quote Originally Posted by RylandFTL View Post
    Ughhh just deleted all that I typed. Fml. So now this is going to be shorter

I plan on doing more to my crobats and plusle and minun. I just wasn't think sleeve when I got the crobats so it's a little hard. I got them like 7 years ago when I was legal and had money. Had to do it haha. My new artist says he wants to touch them up.

The plusle and minun look great actually. That's when they were freshly done. I've had them touched up. They look a lot better than any of my other ones. Haha. They're bright and colorful.

With a little web browsing I found this.
    Thanks Internet.
    This was obviously when they first were done.

http://pokemontattoos.tumblr.com/pos...-straight-edge
    Their really cool, I love them crobats
    And that's nice to hear about the plusle and minun, I just thought they weren't done well
    But I guess they were
    I love them btw, the heal ball looks great too

Are you happy with the meloetta,flygon and mismagius?

I'd use the first mismagius I drew/posted
    The one with the fainted eyes, also remember to do them in red so they arnt lost in the purple
    I think this could look really well, I'm already excited to see it finished hahaha
    I'm getting ahead of myself now

Of what I posted what would you like to use?
    Credit to FairyWitch

Probably the whole flygon piece.
    But towards my collarbone, it might be possible to get a solrock. I think a daytime piece would work better. **** but I think lunatone looks better.
    I'm going to go up to my artists shop tomorrow if he doesn't come to my work tonight. He's off today.
    He might just want a break from tattoos haha.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. I have plenty of room for what you drew.
    But of I had to go to someone else, it would be awhile because I know it will be more money.

Request, to keep the Zelda/Pokemon theme.
    Is there anyway you could add this lantern to the Mismagius? If you think it's dumb don't worry about it. Lol

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Poe

I think that's a lot more possible than this.

Is there anything from this Zelda you could add to meloetta without it being "too much"? To the tatto?

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/the-lege...cept-art-photo

For the lantern that's a definite yes it can be done
    But your right it may be abit too much
    I'll draw it out and have a look

___

Now, meloetta is complicated enough as a pokemon design to try and incorporate something else due to its features been really prominent and without them she wouldn't look right
    But I can of course try something, like the Zelda logo on her dress or the triangle instead of her head gem

Or we could do her in her attacking form and add the headpiece and braided bangs

____

I'll definitely try these for you and post them on here
    Last edited by adamfitz; 7th July 2013 at 9:04 PM.
    Credit to FairyWitch

Yeah I was looking at her other forme and thinking I liked the hair like that. Haha.
    Then you could get the triforce or maybe Zelda's crown on there?

The latern maybe hanging from her left arm going down. It doesn't have to be detailed like crazy. Just enough to get it in there and color it yellow lol

Yeah I was looking at her other forme and thinking I liked the hair like that. Haha.
    Then you could get the triforce or maybe Zelda's crown on there?

The latern maybe hanging from her left arm going down. It doesn't have to be detailed like crazy. Just enough to get it in there and color it yellow lol
    Yeah I'll draw out a pirouette form meloetta for you
    I'll add in the crown, triangle and if I can add to her dress I'll try

How would you feel about mismagius dropping the lantern and it falling along with her
    But you could have a shadowy trail connecting them
    I'll draw out both ways and you can choose

____
    Last edited by adamfitz; 7th July 2013 at 9:20 PM.
    Credit to FairyWitch

Yeah the lantern falling is a great idea. I have no artistic ability or thought, so little ideas like that make you my hero lol.

You don't have to do Zelda's dress.
    That's a little much. The crown and/or triforce is more than enough lol
    I appreciate this so much. You don't have a clue.

Yeah the lantern falling is a great idea. I have no artistic ability or thought, so little ideas like that make you my hero lol.

You don't have to do Zelda's dress.
    That's a little much. The crown and/or triforce is more than enough lol
    I appreciate this so much. You don't have a clue.
    Okay I'll try my best
    Also don't forget to give your artist a print out of the pokemon color scheme but I'm sure you do that anyway

I'll get these done within the next few hours and post them here for you

Tell me what your artist thinks and what could/needs to be changed
    Credit to FairyWitch

Okay! I have to go to work here in about an hour. I can check the forums every once in a while there. I'll definitely go to his shop tomorrow. Force him to give me an answer! lol
    but yeah. I was going to get some really nice shots of the pokemon to get the colors correctly.

Then I'll see what he says and get back to you. I'll text him again now just to see if he'll reply.

Okay I tried meloetta and it didn't work with the crown
    It was just too complicated for her
    Sorry for the bad quality, there's lines going down my screen for some reason?...
    I tried giving her elf ears and adding the icon to her music note in her hair
    I didn't color her dress fully because it would hide her hand
    I personally would go for the other meloetta, but its up to you

Credit to FairyWitch

yeah after looking at that I agree with you. The other one does look a little better. We don't have to add any Zelda reference to her. She looks fine. I just thought it would be fun to check and see. So thank you.

yeah after looking at that I agree with you. The other one does look a little better. We don't have to add any Zelda reference to her. She looks fine. I just thought it would be fun to check and see. So thank you.
    No problem
    I'll draw out afew more things tomorrow since it's a getting late over here
    Any other things you would like?
    Credit to FairyWitch

No sir. I think you're doing awesome. Looking forward to waking up to a picture haha

Night, d00d! thanks again.

Hey there, sorry I haven't been able to draw up anything more lately
    Life's been getting abit busy
    Has your artist talked to you lately?
    Credit to FairyWitch

Yeah. He likes meloetta just fine. He says the flygon would
    Be backwards in my back. Things need to go "out"
    There flygon would be starting right but on my back curl left and go towards my head.
    And then we got talking about rayquaza, too.
    I'm sure he'd just draw up the rayquaza.
    But I think what you drew is more than enough. I don't want you to draw
    More until I see what gets done with this and everything.
    Especially since you said you're busy.

Yeah. He likes meloetta just fine. He says the flygon would
    Be backwards in my back. Things need to go "out"
    There flygon would be starting right but on my back curl left and go towards my head.
    And then we got talking about rayquaza, too.
    I'm sure he'd just draw up the rayquaza.
    But I think what you drew is more than enough. I don't want you to draw
    More until I see what gets done with this and everything.
    Especially since you said you're busy.
    That's great
    Yeah the flygon would be backwards
    Didn't think of that, I didn't know what arm your mudkip was on
    What did he say about mismagius?

Rayquaza would be nice too
    Credit to FairyWitch

Idk. He just seemed indifferent on mismagius.
    Tattoos are hard. I wish I could just do t myself lol