Thread: Rain Offensive Trick Room Team

Default Rain Offensive Trick Room Team

My idea was to take advantage of slow Pokémon and damage principally those who rely a lot on speed (example: Jolteon, Dragon dancing and Quiver dancing Pokémon, and mostly scarfed Pokémon) putting them in danger.

Whimsicott (F) @Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Trick Room
    - U-turn
    - Encore
    - Taunt
    Whimsicott is the lead of the battle, It's (almost) perfect to set up the TR in peace. Encore blocks the setuppers while Taunt blocks the Pokémon who try to set hazards. U-turn is just to deal some damage and switch fast. The focus sash is here just to help it survive from powerful STAB moves (especially from Scizor). Whimsicott's principal role is to set the first Trick Room, which is most of the time difficult because of its priority.

Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    Politoed is the second Pokémon that I'll send out to the battle. Not as slow as Ferrothorn, but Politoed can be (a bit) dangerous inside the Trick Room. Hydro Pump boosted from rain and specs almost 1HKO every Pokémon, and is a 2HKO for the grass Pokémon like Venusaur and such.. Ice beam is for dragons, Focus blast is for steel and ice Pokémon.

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
    - Trick Room
    - Psyshock
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    Ferrothorn was doing fine in the team, its speed and its resistance made it a good attacker, but two TR setuppers weren't good enough. That bulky embryo probably takes a good use of the Trick Room, since it takes non-stab attacks like nothing, plus its ability didn't hurt it much, which made it reliable against sun and sand teams. The set is the base one, counters a lot of Pokémon and makes a lot of trouble before going K.O.

Bronzong @ Lum Berry Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 140 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SDef
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Gyro Ball
    - Earthquake
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Trick Room
    The second Pokémon who sets the Trick Room. Bronzong is the kind of Pokémon who can be used as any role, but inside the TR, it takes the role as wall and attacker at the same time. Of course, Trick Room helps the other teamates to attack first (mainly Clamperl and Conkeldurr). Since its only weakness is the fire tipe, inside the Trick and the Rain is technically unstoppable. Gyro ball takes down all the Pokémon who resist from Zen Headbutt and Earthquake (example: Latias) and ice Pokémon (Mamoswine in primis). Zen Headbutt leaves a trace on those fighting and poison Pokémon, while Earthquake damages its number one nemesis (like Ferrothorn): Magnezone. After that, the Lum Berry is here to prevent Bronzong from getting asleep or burned, which helps a lot for setting up the Trick Room

Clamperl (F) @ DeepSeaTooth
    Trait: Shell Armor
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    Thanks to its wonderful special attack, Clamperl is the most reliable special sweeper of my team, thanks to its held item, it has enough Special Attack to reach Deoxys-A's. Surf is a powerful STAB move who hits a lot of Pokémon hard, especially under the rain, Ice beam hits dragons, flying and grass Pokémon, HP Grass hits Jellicent, Gastrodon and Rotom-W pretty hard. Clamperl's movepool isn't good as many sweepers, so that's why it has only 3 moves

Dragonite (F) @ Choice Band Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Outrage
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake
    The team relied a lot on the Trick room, and actually, if I was going to lose both the TR setuppers, It was an instant loss. Dragonite was a great add, since it worked fine without the Trick room and as a late game sweeper. Plus it helped a lot against Ferrothorn and Scizor, which the last one gave me a lot of troubles because of the lack of fire moves in the team. Outrage is to keep Dragons and such away (principally Kingdra, which will rely a lot on the speed boost if there isn't the Trick Room activated), fire punch is for Scizor, Ferrothorn and Forretress, Extremespeed is for a late game sweep, if the foe hasn't got ghost, rock or steel Pokémon. Eq is for fire, electric, steel and rock types.

Note: All their IVs are set to 0, so they're much slower than their base slow speed!
    Last edited by Ilaria; 4th January 2013 at 1:39 AM.

Two suggestions, Drop Hammer Arm and replace it with Drain Punch, I know it has higher base power and seems better (I'd choose it too) But the health regained will help you survive against walls that try to stall you and have you die from burn. Sure, your damage will be lower but its definetly still enough to destroy what Conkeldurr's meant to. Second thing, I'd suggest Explosion over Iron Head on Ferrothorn. I'd also suggest putting a Choice Band on him over Life Orb. Your reasoning behind Iron Head for Dragons won't be very useful. Dragons almost always pack a Fire type move and i doubt that Ferrothorn is gonna be able to OHKO any slightly defensive dragon(I could be wrong, I'm not doing the math but it doesnt seem like enough) But imagine ferrothorn coming in after a teamate dies, and then revenge killing with a nice big Explosion? If your Ferrothorn has low health though. That's all i can think of, try it out before makin the changes permanent of course.
    PSN ID: Vatti_LDP

Spoiler:- Tyranitar Rampage:

I'd throw Shell Smash on Clamperl cause...why not? Lol. If it manages to get one off, game over. Also, Reuniclus seems like a must for any TR team IMO. I'd try that over Bronzong.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrocious View Post
    I'd throw Shell Smash on Clamperl cause...why not? Lol. If it manages to get one off, game over. Also, Reuniclus seems like a must for any TR team IMO. I'd try that over Bronzong.
    After one Shell Smash, Clamperl has an attack stat of 900, which is very formidable.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

If drought goes up instead of drizzle you will be in trouble, and you'll be stuck with conkeldurr and his stone edge which doesn't have great accuracy
    Why do I have a rain team? Because in Ireland It never stops Raining!

I NEED A TIMID TORNADRUS

Kanto team:
    Johto team:
    Hoenn team:
    Sinnoh team:
    Unova team:

Training:

Black 2 friend code: 3182 4021 0017

I offer Pokérus and Dream radar pokemon Pm me if you want 1.

Wait, first why is your Whismicott in this team? It has high Speed, so replace it with a Dusknoir. You can't risk letting your lead die in case you need another TR.

Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    Nature: Sassy(+Sp. Def, -Spe)
    Ability: Pressure
    236 HP/36 Def/236 Sp. Def
    Trick Room
    Pain Split/Will-O-Wisp
    Thunderpunch
    Shadow Punch
    Last edited by Quilava42; 4th January 2013 at 2:14 AM.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by 247Rain View Post
    If drought goes up instead of drizzle you will be in trouble, and you'll be stuck with conkeldurr and his stone edge which doesn't have great accuracy
    Yeah, all Ninetales has to do is run Sunny Day in its set to override the weather.

I agree with this guy. Actually, it is better to have atleast 3 TR setters as backup. You don't want to lose the TR and have your team be very slow. This fast-paced metagame would slaughter you otherwise.
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Three setters I recommend for every TR team: Reuniclus, Cofagrigus and Porygon2. They all have awesome bulk and respectable SpA and they're all solid TR attackers in general.

Slowbro and Slowking are good too, but those are the 3 I'm familiar with.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    Three setters I recommend for every TR team: Reuniclus, Cofagrigus and Porygon2. They all have awesome bulk and respectable SpA and they're all solid TR attackers in general.

Whats more bulky? Cofagrigus or Bronzong? Or, I should say, why do you not use Bronzong?
    PSN ID: Vatti_LDP

Spoiler:- Tyranitar Rampage:

Cofagrigus is more bulky, but Bronzong has a better typing.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    Wait, first why is your Whismicott in this team? It has high Speed, so replace it with a Dusknoir. You can't risk letting your lead die in case you need another TR.

Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    Trait: Sassy(+Sp. Def, -Spe)
    236 HP/36 Def/236 Sp. Def
    Trick Room
    Pain Split/Will-O-Wisp
    Thunderpunch
    Shadow Punch
    Whimsicott helps a lot, especially because It's here to trap the setuppers and the Dancers, who might try to setup to sweep.
    Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post

Replaced Ferrothorn with Reuniclus, also, I had Slowbro initially, but it wasn't good enough to setup the first Trick Room, so I replaced it with Whimsicott, which does a better job in this case.

TR teams are cool, especially because you can use RU and NU Pokémon at their best. Since Clamperl isn't resistent enough, I decided to replace it with Relicanth, which gave me some great results. Today I was playing Emerald, and I needed Relicanth, so I thought: It probably would work fine inside the TR, and I was right.

Relicanth (F) @ Life Orb Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Head Smash
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Zen Headbutt
    Clamperl was cool and such, its high special attack made it awesome, but its movepool and its defenses made it weak to priority attacks, so I decided to replace it with Relicanth. Discrete defense and decent attack made Relicanth one of the best choices for my team.

...Thoughts?

Rampardos hits harder (A LOT harder) but it doesn't have Rock Head and it also doesn't have Waterfall. It retains Clamperl's priority weaknesses and it's stupidly frail too. It IS also stupidly powerful though.

Relicanth seems better xD

I use Cofagrigus for the bulk and for Mummy. It's also surprisingly strong offensively, so it functions as a great bulky attacker. For RainRoom, I can see why Bronzong works better though.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis