View Poll Results: Will Pokemon ever end?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 38.71%
  • No

10 32.26%
  • Maybe

3 9.68%
  • I don't know

6 19.35%

Thread: Will Pokemon anime ever end?

Default Will Pokemon anime ever end?

As much as I love the Pokemon anime I have completely lost faith in the anime and Ash ever becoming the Pokemon master. I don't think episode N will bring back the faith I once had.

Will there ever be a day Pokemon will end? Will there ever be a fresh new start, with a different better (no offense Ash fans) trainer? Because I don't want to be watching the anime one year away from my death bed, only to know its past generation 25. Still with Ash as 10 years old and still not a Pokemon master.

It will end eventually. The question is how will it end? And will it be rebooted after Ash leaves the show? I obviously hope Ash's journey ends on a high note and he finally wins a League. And if they do reboot the show after Ash leaves, then I hope they do a darker version of Pokémon.

I have no clue whatsoever. The anime is doing good from what I can hear. The writers are making money, so why stop now? I think it'll go on for some more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I have no clue whatsoever. The anime is doing good from what I can hear. The writers are making money, so why stop now? I think it'll go on for some more years.
    And plus, the games keep selling and usually with video games, they could sell a lot of units for years and years (look at Mario). As long as the games keep selling, they'll probably have an anime to advertise the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Just because something is making money dosn't mean that it's good. Look at the Transformer films: they made tons of money, yet critics and fans (and I'm sure that those fans aren't geewunners) are generally disappointed with their quality.

For this reason (making tons of money), the animé will never end unless the Japanese kids realise that the animé's quality is lacking and stop watching.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

It'll end. Just not now~

Oh, It will end eventually, but not for a while. We could be 20 and it could still be running, but with just a new concept and crap like that~

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

If Pokemon can't obtain high enough profits anymore then yes.

Do you really think with the pathetic pokemon he insists on using league after league makes him worthy to be a master?

They could end Ash's story someday, but they'll always be an anime for the games.

At the rate the anime is going now, I highly doubt they'll end Ash's storyline anytime soon. And it's sad because this is the reason why I don't watch it anymore, it's gotten so repetitive and predictable now.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    They could end Ash's story someday, but they'll always be an anime for the games.
    Oh Cybs, you and your dreams :P

Any ways, as long as the games makes tons of money and the anime is doing fine in the ratings I don't see the series ending any time soon or Ash's hes just too well known by now, him and Pikachu even to the newer Generation he is.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Oh Cybs, you and your dreams :P

Any ways, as long as the games makes tons of money and the anime is doing fine in the ratings I don't see the series ending any time soon or Ash's hes just too well known by now, him and Pikachu even to the newer Generation he is.
    I remember Tajiri saying in one of his interviews that he wanted people to connect with Ash and Pikachu. So, that connection will never be dropped.

Because I don't want to be watching the anime one year away from my death bed, only to know its past generation 25. Still with Ash as 10 years old and still not a Pokemon master.
    Yes I think that will be the case, sadly .

To say that it will never end , you're just deluding yourself..

As far as it ending anytime soon, no...

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

It'll end, most likely it'll get canceled instead of getting a proper ending I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

sorry for just butting in your conversation
    but the pokemon games are starting to introduce a older trainer meaning the series could go on with ash maybe ageing as well or after a few years ash could have a son and he could take on the show but this would be decades
    also you have to look at the age group that they are aiming for and kids around the age of 8-12 love a story of a hero that fail only to start a new somewhere else
    my characters name is PanOne
    white fc:0390-5486-3126
    dream world[and radar] females for trade:

events:
    smr12 smr10 win11
    10th ani jap

Eventually it's going to end. They can't keep it running forever.

As long as they continue to make the games, the anime will still air. I don't see it ending anytime soon, as sad as it is to say that.

Honestly, I think Ratings and/or Game Sales mean almost nothing. The Super Mario Cartoons stopped nearly 20 years ago even though sales of the games were as strong before, during, and after 1989-1991.

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

It will end someday like all tv shows but not anytime soon. I think it will go on for a very long time and i am happy that Ash and Pikachu are still there, it would be weird ( for me anyway) to not see them having and adventure everyday.

It'll end soon if it gets another episode like BW077, which was the lowest-rated episode of the anime in Japan. Otherwise it may still have another five years of life left.

It hasn't?

No, seriously, how has this show been on the air for over 15 years? It'll probably be canceled eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?