Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you teach the ultimate move for your starter in D/P/Pt?

Default Do you teach the ultimate move for your starter in D/P/Pt?

Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon, these are the ultimate move if you don't know. A man that lives at a house in Route 228 will teach it for your Pokemon, but only the starters are able to learn. Each move is exclusive for one starter, which is STAB with its elemental type. The ultimate moves are variations of Hyper Beam, they will use the next turn to restore power if the move hits opponent.

I personally taught only Blast Burn, because Infernape got a nice Special Attack. With Torterra I prefer teaching physical moves. For Empoleon, mabye.

of course! do u think trainers wont let their starter learn an ultimate move?

"Pokeballs are red, water is blue, I came here to search for you and I will catch you!"
    ~brendan25

Current Team in Pokemon Y:

3DS FC: 2895-7891-8754

Quote Originally Posted by brendan25 View Post
    of course! do u think trainers wont let their starter learn an ultimate move?
    I didn't. The only one I taught those moves it my god awful Empoleon, which now serves as an HM slave on my Platinum. Otherwise there are far more effective mores that don't have nasty side Effects. Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Leaf Storm, just to name ones that can overlap the Elemental Hyper Beams. The only thing the ultimate moves have over these is someting like 10 Base Power, which isn't going to make much difference.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

I generally don't. They're powerful and all, but hard to use in a full out fight half of the time strategicly. If it wasn't for the fact that the moves take a turn away, I might use them.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

If my starter were taught the ultimate move, it was going to use it in its last alive turn (red or yellow HP).

I didnt. I dont really like moves that need to recharge especially for in-game play unless I face the battle frontier.
    Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

for a real battle no never but i do in the game agaist npc you know just for fun

I always teach them the ultimate moves, even if other STAB like Wood Hammer or Fire Blast are more practical, I like that my most powerful team member has the most powerful move of its type

I never teach those moves to my starters. The reason for this is that I'm not a huge fan of moves that require recharging after being used.

Pokécheck - undergoing Maintenance | Viv | VIP

I don't usually teach them because they have to recharge after a single use... They're really powerful, but it's easier to use the moves that have 5 PP each than the ones that have to recharge.

Yes.They might take up a turn of recharging but they are good if you use them right.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

im iffy with using them. recharging takes away precious time that might determine the fate of the battle.
    this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the tail, and ending with a grin.
    - Lewis Carrol's Alice Adventures In Wonderland(the Cheshire Cat)

click my Pokemon/eggs please! http://new.gpxplus.net/user/Furret-Luver-Girl

(\\_/)
    (*u*) This is Bunny.
    (>< ) help him achieve world domination copy him to ur signature~

I have never taught them those moves. They seem to be doing fine without them

Hey, it's my 100th official post!

And no, I don't. Even though they are strong, I don't teach them this because that it's like Truant and that there's other strong moves.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

I used to but after learning about how to competitive battle & natures, I no longer do such a thing anymore.
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

no, it's a horribly move competitively and in-game since by the time you get to the tutor, chances are your starter can KO just about everything with the moves already at its disposal.

“... even if the world line changes, as long as you don't forget me, i'm there.”
    myanimelist || hummingbird || vndb || tumblr || last.fm

Yes, but only in HGSS. I can't find one more move for my Feraligatr.
    Relationships are like farts; if you push too hard, you just end up with s***.
    -Azealia Banks

I did on my Infernape, but that's it.
    I play WAY too much Rumble.

I haven't, and chances are I won't. Not that I don't like the move Frenzy Plant (had my Venasaur learn it), I'm just rather picky about my Pokémon movesets.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I haven't taught my blast burn and hydro cannon infernape and empoleon since diamond and platinum
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I taught hydro cannon to empoleon, and it was a great move for my team. However, I hated that my pokemon had to wait a turn after using the move. Always take that into account!!!
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon, these are the ultimate move if you don't know. A man that lives at a house in Route 228 will teach it for your Pokemon, but only the starters are able to learn. Each move is exclusive for one starter, which is STAB with its elemental type. The ultimate moves are variations of Hyper Beam, they will use the next turn to restore power if the move hits opponent.

I personally taught only Blast Burn, because Infernape got a nice Special Attack. With Torterra I prefer teaching physical moves. For Empoleon, mabye.
    I did the exact same thing. My Infernape had boss Special attack.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

I never really bothered since it seemed pointless.

I've never done that because of the 1 turn recharge. You might as well use another move with a lower base power without the 1 turn recharge.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Nah. I prefer one water move on my empoleon - surf. It has good power and PP. And you don't need to rest the next turn. That part kills you.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    You just lost the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast