View Poll Results: From 1 to 5, how would you classify the importance of this year for this matter?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll

4 7.84%

6 11.76%

13 25.49%

15 29.41%

13 25.49%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How was pokémon for you this year?

Default How was pokémon for you this year?

And another year has passed...
    On 2012 we've passed by a series of changes in pokémon, most notably the quick rise of Black 2 and White 2, the long expected sequels to Black and White. With this thing and many others, it's impossible for anyone of us not to have a word to say about pokémon this year. Which were the changes on your perception and experience? Were they good or bad? What do you expect for 2013? I know there are many different and existing answers to this thread, and that's a clear evidence of how vast is the world of pokémon, and of how much it has changed in another year.

So, here remains the main question: What has changed in pokémon for YOU, and in which way could the year in which the world didn't end be (if it is) a year to remember?
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

It was good since I got HeartGold finally. Didn't care for White 2 though.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

Didn't really do much this year. I passed on Black 2, but I'll probably get it when I go back to D.C. at the end of January. Hoping for 6th gen in 2013, 5th gen has been really mediocre.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Besides B2&W2 kind of boring.. I still think 2009 and 2010 were the best years for me in a while hopefully 2013 delivers.

It was a good year for me. I played Black and Soul Silver for the first part then I played Black 2 for the rest. I hope we get R/S/E remakes soon

It was pretty good. A lot of event pokemon I got to grab :3 I really liked BW2.

I actually hope for even better things next year. Can't wait for the movie <.> and hopefully an English Meloetta since its the only one I need >.>

Overall all satisfying for the franchise. You had the realise of Black 2 and White 2, which lived up to my expectations and I'm sure many others were pleased also. There was also The international release of Pokemon Conquest and Japanese release of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and the Infinite Labyrinth. Of course you have advancements in both the anime and TCG.
    A good year by all acounts and hopefully 2013 will bring a new main series game, and many other things.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I've missed a several events but besides that, playing through White 2 was really enjoyable.

It was just fine. I started off the year playing and enjoying pokemon games and finished up the year playing and enjoying pokemon games.

I don't have any personal investment in any ongoing battles over whether or not this game or that game is good or bad or better or worse, so I'm free to just play them and enjoy them, and that's what I do.

Definitely a year to remember for me! I discovered Pokemon Online, found out about serebii, and started competitive battling. As for the games, the only one I played this year was Pokemon Rumble Blast which was quite fun Still haven't played BW2 though.

Not a great year for me. I struggled to come back to pokemon white and complete it and I was very bored with black 2, I stopped after the first 4 badges.

It was a good year for me, I really enjoyed Black and white. I finally purchased a main gen IV game(diamond), I played through it but I didn't like it, it was boring in my opinion. Pokemon conquest was a pleasant surprise, a very simple yet fun srpg. My expectations for 2013 are high, seeing how some game mechanics were changed for the better and some for the worst, I hope gen 6 is better than what we have seen so far. I'm also hoping for gen III remakes.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 1st January 2013 at 3:04 AM.

Hmm, for me it was stellar in the TCG area since they launched it online. I think that was a huge step forward. Also, Pokemon launched Twitter and Facebook showing signs of hopefully better communication with their fanbase; definitely a step in the right direction. Aside from that however, I didn't enjoy the games as much this time, nor the stretch of design boundaries of the Pokemon themselves, the core foundation of the franchise. Nor did the anime leave many good impressions for a number of reasons. For that, I have to give this year a 2. As for next year, I am very unsure of what to expect. If Gamefreak's big surprise on January 8th proves to be big, its likely either gonna be 10, or -100.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Whoops, I thought the question was how active have I been in Pokemon this year. XD.

Ignore the 1 rating (I haven't been too active this year as opposed to recent years, although heavily active near the tail-end of the year). I would give Pokemon this year for me a 3. Wasn't too fond of it, but didn't dislike it that much either.

Gotta agree with BlueLatios on the TCG and Pokemon Company International launching Twitter and Facebook: steps in the right direction from them. For that, a 4. The anime was alright but kinda poor in BW2 for me: I'll give it a 2. The games, also a 3. Overall, a 3.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

It was a good year for me. Black 2 was really good for me. And I look forward to what they have in store for us next year and onwards.

The Black white 2 release was awesome, but a bit disappointing somehow. So I gave 4 out of 5 for this year :]

Black 2 and White 2 didn't really thrill me, unfortunately. I bought Black 2 and only got to about the 4th badge before giving up, for some reason I've never been able to become really interested in the Unova region. I guess a lot changed for Pokemon this year, but personally I think I'll be sticking to fourth gen for a while to come.
    Heart Gold FC: 2452-0151-5662

Feel free to make me an offer any time. I'm on here everyday at some point and I'm always looking for something I haven't got.

Currently have plenty of Hippopotas for trade with flawless defense and Slack Off. Looking for anything.

I caught 'em all. My childhood is now complete.

As of yesterday, the last day of 2012, on my White 2, I have completed the national Pokedex for the first time on any of my Pokemon games. Speaking of White 2, I think they did a great job with it, rivaling Heartgold and Soulsilver for best Pokemon game ever in my opinion. I really like all the extra features that they threw in, and I think Pokestar Studios is probably the best major sidequest that they've put into any Pokemon game (Though the Pokeathlon was pretty cool too, and contests were somewhat decent. Mostly it was just the musicals that stunk.). With the new BP-purchase status of several additional TMs including Swords Dance, the problem of having to have stuff that can only be purchased with BP to win facility battles and actually earn BP has only grown worse, though.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

bw2 evolved the pokemon games by a lot imo. They broke free from the 3rd game pattern and they made a cooler story. But, for me I was not such a good year. I had exam sfter exam and no rest at all. waiting for all this to get over play bw2 properly.

It was alright I guess not to fantastic. It would be fantastic Pokemon had a grand finale in Unova but alas It is still going on since 1994! Seriously Pokemon should have ended. I have watched and played Pokemon for 13 years ! they should just end it all ready!

Created by Inferno Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Lumino Lucario View Post
    It was alright I guess not to fantastic. It would be fantastic Pokemon had a grand finale in Unova but alas It is still going on since 1994! Seriously Pokemon should have ended. I have watched and played Pokemon for 13 years ! they should just end it all ready!
    I agree with you!
    Let my shadowy darkness consume your SOUL!.....

Conquest, B2W2, I really enjoyed last year. Hoping for RSE2 this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumino Lucario View Post
    Then stop playing the games yourself?

I loved this generation, personally it had the nicest looking Pokemon I ever seen and the storyline was great too.

An interesting question...

I love black and white 2. However, since they stuffed black and white 2 with so much crap that I adore, I expect something different next year. 6th gen would be wonderful because I'm waiting for it. THough to be honest, I want my hoenn remake. (Just to make sure the pattern stays for my d/p/pt remake <3...xD)

All i know is that I've never been as hyped up for pokemon games as a have before. Thats the main thing. The trailers, and the games, have been excellent in their own right. Those damn trailers...I was seriously caught off guard by the anime trailer, I wasn't expecting it.

This thread more feels like "how was the entirety of gen 5 for you?" because of the speculated gen 6 coming soon. Its making us want to treat it like gen 5...rather then just this year.

And to the people who say pokemon has been going on for too long...
    I disagree :P... I don't see any reason to stop it. I never saw Unova as a finale...If anything, Platinum felt more encompassing then the gen 5 games (Gen 5 was more advertised as a new beginning.). Besides...theres no reason to stop it. Its fun to think of ideas for future games, both on the game freak side and the fan side. :P have some fun with it.

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

It wasn't great. While I enjoyed Black 2, I became disinterested once I had finished the main game. I didn't feel very excited for the franchise over the year. By now, I'm quite tired of Pokémon on DS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast