• Yes, I miss Misty!

4 57.14%
  • Nah, I hated Misty.

0 0%
  • I don't really care either way.

3 42.86%

Thread: Do You Miss Misty?

Smile Do You Miss Misty?

Myself, and many other people grew up watching the first season of Pokemon. I watched the first few seasons, and I loved the original characters, after the end of Season 5 when Misty, Brock, and Ash separated, I stopped watching for a few years. I've tried to watch some of the newer episodes recently, I just don't enjoy those episodes like I still enjoy the first few seasons. Does anyone one else feel this way?
    By the way, I must mention Misty is my favorite character, love her personality in the show.

Are Misty fans the only ones whining about their favorite being gone? Not trying to complain, just asking.

I don't remember Mays fans crying and she's my favorite and I didn't complain about her leaving since I was more than willing to welcome Dawn.
    Donphans knew better than to complain.
    I'm perfectly content with Iris leaving since I'm fine with her development.

I'm starting to think if a character doesn't have great development then that makes the fans pine for them more.

OMG the anime was so good with misty and may!!! May was my favorite, but misty was awesome too. She's the original! Dawn and so on is terrible.

May also had the best developement and misty just didn't do much.... except realize her calling as a gym leader, but she could have caught better pokemn and become better as a trainer/gym leader
    Last edited by Sushi; 1st January 2013 at 2:48 AM.

Well, I honestly cannot speak for an entire fanbase. I miss Brock a lot too, but he still traveled in the later adventures as I can see, and Misty has been gone for years. I thought her temper and personality really added a lot to the show. I found that the first few seasons had a whole lot more humor than any of the newer episodes, and some of that is thanks to Misty and her temper tantrums lol.

I definitely miss the older seasons, and not just the Kanto/Johto ones. I even miss some of the Hoenn episodes. The anime lost me whenever they re-casted the voice actors. I completely lost interest and I really can't bring myself to watch any episodes beyond the voice switch. I did miss Misty at first though, when they all went their separate ways, but May really grew on me. But watching a few episodes of the newer seasons, I just hated Dawn. And while Iris didn't bother me so much, she's still kind of annoying to me. Ash's female companions have definitely gone downhill.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/o8t7cl.png[/IMG]
    3DS Friendcode: 2895-6496-6721
    Message me with yours!

Thank u soooo much. A little bit of me dies when they change the voices!!!! I hate it when that hapenss!!!!!

Ah, I wasn't very sure on how people actually thought of Misty. Since it's been years since she's had an appearance, many of the younger viewers really have no idea about her, and I think that's a fail upon the part of the writers. The beginning of the series revolved around Ash, Misty and Brock, and now we don't even see one of the best characters that help made Pokemon what it is today.

Cilan is just a brock knock off and it made me mad how Iris gets a random dragonite! Thats just not fair and who just gets a dragonite? Shes just a girl! And its not like she raise it from a dratini!!! The current anime just doesnt make sense... i flipped out when may returned in the wallace cup but i was so mad when she lost to daawn... that made no sense.......

Why is this a bias poll? ;-; I liked Misty a lot, but I don't miss her. ^^;

@Doryuzu- Not gonna lie, but when I was younger I really wanted Drew to come back and be a main character. >.<;;;
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by William777 View Post
    Thank u soooo much. A little bit of me dies when they change the voices!!!! I hate it when that hapenss!!!!!
    I know right! When that happened I actually called my dad to check the tv because I thought something was wrong with it... x)
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/o8t7cl.png[/IMG]
    3DS Friendcode: 2895-6496-6721
    Message me with yours!

yeah. when people dont know about misty i get really upset because she was really good. she also had an episode in kanto during ash's hoenn finished now returning to pallet town, and she had an episode where she tames a gyaridos against those bully trainers... she had a few appearances... but not in sinnoh and unova.... that makes me sad...

Haha, I hated Ash's new voice so much when I first heard it. I thought there was an audio problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    I know right! When that happened I actually called my dad to check the tv because I thought something was wrong with it... x)
    yup. i was confused too and pokemon has really gone down hill, even the games.... i really wish the old voices would come back...

That one got me really upset and mays new voice made her sound 10 years older, and james new voice made him into a grandpa and meouth's new voice is really wierd.
    Last edited by Sushi; 1st January 2013 at 2:49 AM.

I honestly have failed to play the Pokemon Black and White games yet, I heard there was an ice cream Pokemon or something and I couldn't bother to purchase it. I don't know really any of the Pokemon there personally, but from hearsay, I feel like the new Pokemon designs are weak.

Gemwunners everywhere >____<

Or you're just trolling.

Guys, now you're just rambling about random topics and treating this like a chatroom. Can we all just calm down, maybe have a look around and - seeing how the majority of participants here appears to be brand new - familarize ourselves with the rules? 8)

Also, Misty - main girl talk in general, really - is a bit of a sensitive issue on here. Previous attempts at having a decent discussion about this and similar topics have always ended badly, and this chaotic ranting isn't faring much better at the moment. I'll close the thread for now, and maybe this can be given another try at some point.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal