Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Even over Butterfree's goodbye!?! But yeah, "Gotta Catch Ya Later" was a depressing and well done episode. I just think some people (myself included) don't find it to be as sad as Butterfree's goodbye because unlike Misty and Brock, we don't see Butterfree again.
    Dude, I'm 17 years old and I watched Bye Bye Butterfree a few days ago, because over Christmas vacation I've been bored and feeling some nostalgia, and I almost had tears from that moment. That's one of the most saddening cartoon scenes I've ever seen haha.

Another good quote is Ash's speech against the flock of Spearow in the first episode. He's pretty much like "Come at me SpearBro's."
    Hehe...Spearow...Spearbro's...I need to work on my puns.
    Last edited by Sushi; 1st January 2013 at 5:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iAm_Michael View Post
    Another good quote is Ash's speech against the flock of Spearow in the first episode. He's pretty much like "Come at me SpearBro's."
    Hehe...Spearow...Spearbro's...I need to work on my puns.
    That really was such a troll move on the writers part with how they handled the Butterfree storyline. In the St. Anne episode, Ash traded Butterfree away but after realizing that he cares too much about Butterfree to trade him for another Pokémon, Ash ends up getting Butterfree back. And what happens a few episodes later? Butterfree leaves for good That was cruel, writers!

And yeah, the ending of the first episode was really emotional.

Even over Butterfree's goodbye!?! But yeah, "Gotta Catch Ya Later" was a depressing and well done episode. I just think some people (myself included) don't find it to be as sad as Butterfree's goodbye because unlike Misty and Brock, we don't see Butterfree again.
    I cried profusely at that as well. Good one, and I completely agree with you. One of the best episodes in the series. "Please take good care of this Butterfree for me..." T_T

But "Gotta Catch Ya Later" is my favorite, personally.

That really was such a troll move on the writers part with how they handled the Butterfree storyline. In the St. Anne episode, Ash traded Butterfree away but after realizing that he cares too much about Butterfree to trade him for another Pokémon, Ash ends up getting Butterfree back. And what happens a few episodes later? Butterfree leaves for good That was cruel, writers!

Yeah, Butterfree was amazing. It's funny because Butterfree happens to be my favorite Pokemon overall. I've always liked Bug/Flying types introduced since, and I think the anime had a big impact on me with respect to Butterfree.

I loved the first episode. "Spearow(s), do you know who I am? I'm Ash Ketchum, from the town of Pallet, and I can't be defeated by the likes of you...Come and get me!"
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 1st January 2013 at 6:57 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Misty leaving though is probably the most emotional looking back on it now for me. When she left I thought she would return soon, but after seeing how she hasn't returned for years makes her quote in GCYL "Ash Ketchum...now I know how you really feel about me."
    It makes me sad because it's the last we see of her as a main character.

That was cruel. ;A; Leave him, get him back just so that you can leave him again.

EEVVVIIILLL!!!! ;A;

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    That was cruel. ;A; Leave him, get him back just so that you can leave him again.

EEVVVIIILLL!!!! ;A;
    Butterfree FTW. It was Ash's very first Pokemon he captured too as a Caterpie. He raised it all the way to a Butterfree, and he released it. :')
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Misty leaving though is probably the most emotional looking back on it now for me. When she left I thought she would return soon, but after seeing how she hasn't returned for years makes her quote in GCYL "Ash Ketchum...now I know how you really feel about me."
    It makes me sad because it's the last we see of her as a main character.
    That's understandable. Especially since Misty seems to be one of your favorite characters. I felt the same way when Charizard left. It's a good thing he still had a few great appearances after he left.

Well, a more happier favorite quote of mine is when they are trapped in the SS Anne underwater, and Team Rocket is trying to escape. When James saves the day...!..?

James: "I knew this would come in handy! Ha!"
    Jesse: "Could it be...?"
    Jesse and Meowth: "MAGICKARP! We're not worthy!"

That's understandable. Especially since Misty seems to be one of your favorite characters. I felt the same way when Charizard left. It's a good thing he still had a few great appearances after he left.
    Yea Misty is my favorite, I'm sure it's easy to guess. :P
    Last edited by Sushi; 1st January 2013 at 5:48 PM.

"Charizard's Burning Ambition"...yep, the Pokemon goodbyes were very well done in the original series. "Stay if you want to...I can get along just fine without you."

Uh I don't remember how this went all the way. But, it was when James had ran into that Magikarp Salesman again in Johto.

Salesman: Ah! I'm just the man you were looking for!
    James: I'm not looking for any man!

It's not that funny, it's just how James reacts to certain things and his voice is really funny.

Most of the things he said when Victreebel chomped down on him. Like:

James: Not in front of the kids!

And this one:

James: I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Uh I don't remember how this went all the way. But, it was when James had ran into that Magikarp Salesman again in Johto.

It's not that funny, it's just how James reacts to certain things and his voice is really funny.

And this one:

Team Rocket has some of the best moments! xD They may not be fearsome but I loved the humor from the show they bring. Are they still as hilarious in the newer episodes of Pokemon? I wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post

And this one:

I know, right? Eric Stuart was an incredible James: he never fails to make me laugh! lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifMgMBmt6Eg

Team Rocket has some of the best moments! xD They may not be fearsome but I loved the humor from the show they bring. Are they still as hilarious in the newer episodes of Pokemon? I wouldn't know.
    Haha. They still kind of are. But, it depends on the situation. Most likely, they'll be taunting Ash and his friends, so it may seem funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    "Charizard's Burning Ambition"...yep, the Pokemon goodbyes were very well done in the original series. "Stay if you want to...I can get along just fine without you."
    Ash: "Don't forget me!"

Charizard leaving was really sad because of how he had to grow with Ash. Going from the small and cute Charmander, to the disobedient Charmeleon and Charizard. (Even though Charmeleon probably started not respecting him when he said to lose to Paras on purpose). Of course Charizard cost him the Pokemon League, and not until the Charizard Chills episode did their 'friendship' bond again. If Charizard was a human character, you could say he might've had the best character development throughout the series.

Another one of my favorite quotes is when Primeape takes Ash's hat, and Ash explains how many postcards he sent in to win the hat from the competition.
    Ash: It took my hat!
    Misty: And it never sent in one postcard.
    Last edited by Sushi; 1st January 2013 at 5:47 PM.

Charizard leaving was really sad because of how he had to grow with Ash. Going from the small and cute Charmander, to the disobedient Charmeleon and Charizard. (Even though Charmeleon probably started not respecting him when he said to lose to Paras on purpose). Of course Charizard cost him the Pokemon League, and not until the Charizard Chills episode did their 'friendship' bond again. If Charizard was a human character, you could say he might've had the best character development throughout the series.
    I agree... Charizard was a great character.

Charizard Quote of the Year: Grrr....

How could I forget about this one?

Dawn: Why are all these bad people after you?

Marley: It's because I'm an alien.

Ash: You're kidding!

Marley: I'm kidding.

I agree... Charizard was a great character.

Charizard Quote of the Year: Grrr....
    That was a pretty good quote from him, but I think a better quote would be "Grrrrrrr..."
    That one had a bit more emotional meaning to me.

One of my favorite quotes and moments from the show would be when Charmeleon evolved. Aerodactyl tried to insult his ability, and then Charmeleon just starts stomping around in rage and evolves. It was pretty funny and epic.
    Last edited by Sushi; 1st January 2013 at 5:47 PM.

Yeah. xD

Thank goodness! This thread is finally getting funny again!

Don't forget the infamous..
    "Arbok has evolved into Seviper."

Manly tears were shed that day. T_T

Don't forget the infamous..
    "Arbok has evolved into Seviper."
    4Kids, rofl. Why did you put my hopes up like that?

I was like...WTF Arbok doesn't evolve into Seviper.

Oh well, and then I proceeded to make a Seviper egg to get another level 5 Seviper.

Still, so stupid, it was funny. XD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 1st January 2013 at 7:32 AM.

"The Battling Eevee Brothers"

I remembered this one randomly just now because you said Arbok evolved... xD

James: Jessie just evolved into a Flareon!

Remember Pokemon 4Ever?

Brock: I think Ash just evolved into a Primeape.

Oh my god LOL! I watched that episode yesterday, and I was actually laughing at that one.

I should watch it later. xD I love the Jolteon guy's voice. xD He should do infomercials.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast