Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Character Thread

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Hunter J for merely being a love to hate character with no redeeming qualities. Plus, she tried to kill Ash. She was the first human to try to kill human protagonist.
    She's not even close to being that

For me, it is just ASH!

My favorite character would have to be Paul from Veilstone City, he's a serious, cool, calm and collected trainer whose only concern is how powerful a pokemon is.I admire his battle style and training methods, and the fact that he was able to capture sevrral powerful pokemon in his journey.I hope some day he returns andhopefully gets his revenge on Ash for stealing a win from him via HAX BLAZE.

OS-Ash , Misty, Brock, Gary Oak
    AG-Ash, May, Drew, Harley
    DP-Paul, Barry, Ursula, Hunter J
    BW-Georgia
    XY-Nobody
    Last edited by PokemonBattleFanatic-; 28th November 2015 at 11:39 AM.

After watching BW again I feel bad for not giving Iris and Cilan a fair chance. They are both good characters that I hope make there returns real soon.But they don't beat Dawn as my favorite Companion of Ash

I really like Clemont a lot his personality is different and his Pokemon are cool even though Luxray is just sort of there.

Paul because he does serious training and has deserved all his wins unlike Ash.

My favorite is May for a billion reasons. I think her development is awesome, I love her personality, I love her chemistry with Max. And when she came back for the Wallace Cup in DP!! May's the best!
    I have claimed Parasect

^fan fic _________________ sprites^

My 1st favorite character is Cilan. He was charming & funny & a good battler. My 2nd favorite is Ursula due to her snarky habits and my 3rd favorite is James when he's being nice.

I have been back and forth with Serena's character but i can say i do like her and her development but her goal is a different story she is still at the bottom of my favorite characters list but i do like her now

Paul for sure. He seems the most natural and has common sense. He also forced Ash to become a trainer who uses layered tactics and mind games to win battles rather than unusual plans and brute force. Also, let's be honest, we can all relate to him in that we only look for the strongest pokemon and release the weak ones.

Alain. What I’ve always liked about him is that at first blush, you’d think that he’s going to fill the 2edgy4me sort of character seen in various other anime…But he’s actually…Multi-dimensional…You can look at him from various angles. Which is sort of rare in this series. He’s relatively cool and on the more aloof side, but he’s also passionate about those close to him and has a real soft side. He’s presented as this well above average trainer, but doesn’t come without flaws and making stupid mistakes. He’s working for the villains [unknowingly], but in his mind it’s for a greater cause and even reconciling his own failures. You can’t really pigeonhole him into one typical role or the next as the show usually does. And I've enjoyed having him on the show more than any other character as of late.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 22nd July 2016 at 1:23 PM.
    The Champ ~

ag: may
    dp: dawn & barry
    bw: i didnt genuinely like anyone from this series lmao but n was ok
    xy: now that i think about it, shauna, alain & miette

3ds fc: 3282-6374-3538 send me yours

spam account on ig: @mahaloxx
    personal account on ig: @kaitlynbrannan

Alain has become another new favorite character of mine because he is a powerful trainer.

I guess now that XY is almost over I still prefer Serena as my favorite character followed by Misty and Dawn. All 3 characters have interesting personalities and are different from each other.
    I also love Paul as my favorite rival with how well he was written in DP.
    ~Sailor Saturn~

This might not be a popular opinion, but I'm a big fan of Dent because every other line he said in Best Wishes was said with such passion and charisma, which is rare these days. I guess you can say that I liked his seiyuu Mamoru Miyano a lot because he made Dent act so much funnier than Takeshi.

1. Dawn
    2. Ash (the comptent versions of him anyway)
    3. Brock
    4. Korrina
    5. Bonnie
    6. Serena
    7. May
    8. Gary (Post Johto)
    9. Lyra
    10. Barry
    11. Clemont
    12. Max
    13. Casey
    14. Brandon
    15. Cynthia
    16. Candice
    17. Zoe
    18. Nando
    19. Drew
    20. Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by mr.mime64 View Post
    She's not even close to being that
    Having her Pokemon use powerful moves directly on a defenseless kid sure as heck sounds pretty close to that...
    Check out my original story: Forbidden Book
    http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3163587/1/Forbidden-Book

[IMG]http://sngk.net/upioUz/img1[/IMG]
    A Saga of pain, love, and revenge

Can I just say that I'm really enjoying Alain so much right now? I didn't think I would like the fact the his story from the specials was going to combine with Ash's but I'm glad that they did.

1: Daigo-san obvs. Let's look at his character as a whole:
    Games: obsessed AF with rocks, practically fangirls over steel types (XD), is key to plot, champion except emerald, has appeared in every generation since his entrance, has appeared in 9 games, making him the third-most frequently appearing character in the games, only behind red and blue and tied with lance, also has badass AF music.
    Anime: first appeared as random rock dude in AG. Saves some Aron, does a bit of stuff, then he seemingly disappeared until bam mega OVA, but then absent until XY134, ends up taking part in the best battle in the whole anime. So frickin badass.
    Manga: first mentioned volume 15, then appears in volume 16 saving Ruby in one of the coolest scenes in the whole manga, returns in volume 19, stops a legendary Titan from running away along with Wallace, ends up sacrificing himself for the whole Hoenn region only to be brought back (thank god) by plot-device onion-head. I respect plot-device onion-head for this, and also Steven and Wallace is the best bromance ever. Also volume 22 as a whole.

Aka most badass yet funniest yet cutest character ever. Oh and he is kinda hot...

2: N. What can I say except Pokemon White and White 2? He clearly has best character development, most reasonable goals of any evil team leader, only evil team leader to take down another, also has badass AF music, manga is awesome, one of the kindest Pokemon characters ever, has the ability to freaking talk to Pokemon, is recognised as a hero by a legendary dragon and actually doesn't have a creepy AF age gap with his most popular ship (ferriswhwel). Oh and Pokemon generations will be epic with N In it. The only thing that I ever disliked about him was that the anime never showed him as a bad guy, which would've helped with his development SO much.

3: Wallace tbh. Just so fabulous. Also strong trainer, also amazing bromance with Daigo-san, also just volume 22 of the manga was the time to shine for both him and Steven.

4: Alan & Manon. Cutest thing eva. Also Alain iz a badass. Enough said.

5: Hmm idk, either alder, lance, Cameron or prof. Sycamore. Alder cause of inside joke I have with my friend, we spotted in BW2 he just blatantly states his life goals to you when you have only just met, and it became a thing. Lance cause he's cool, also he hyper beamed a guy. I never forgot how he hyper beamed the guy. Cameron cause the memes are amazing and he deserved to have been in the TF arc climax. Prof. Sycamore cause he's the best prof we've had yet, he has an amazing encounter theme and is generally all-around lovely.

Well that was a rant and a half.
    Banner by me!

Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story ~ Thinking Through Illness
    Fanfic Profile:
    Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Iris was my fave because she took bs from no one and stood her ground. Characters who call it as it is are always welcome in my book.

My favorite character is Alain because he is by far the coolest character in the whole series not only does he have my favorite Pokemon which is Mega Charizard X, but I just like how strong he is.

I always had a soft spot for Misty's Psyduck because of its personality and I loved its comedic moments.

I also liked Serena's Braixen and Sylveon since they seem to reflect her personality traits in their personalities.
        Spoiler:- SM:
    ~Sailor Saturn~

Main Characters(In order of preference): James, Ash, Dawn, Meowth, Brock, May, Jessie, Cilan. Unranked- Lillie, Kiawe, and Mallow cause it's still early

Rivals: Paul, Gary, Barry, Drew, Miette, Harley, Zoey, Bianca, Stephen, and Nando

Side Characters: Professor Oak, Jimmy/"Not Ethan", Professor Birch, Brandon, Reggie, Samson Oak

Villains: Giovanni, Saturn, Butch/Cassidy, Pierce, Cyrus, Charon, Mars, Saturn, Attila/Hun, Professor Namba, that Mirage character...... forgot his name

Notice only one X/Y character is present while every other saga, even Best Wishes is represented fairly?
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

I will admit SM Ash is coming very close to being a favourite of mine, largely for finally being a perfect mix of goofy/fallible child while still being reasonably competent. I think I'm among the few that actual prefers his design of this series as well, especially due to the wonderful degree of expressiveness he has.

I admit we're only a few episodes in so I could Jynx it () but either way I will love him for this wonderful display in the first helping of episodes.

Otherwise the Team Rocket trio always take my favourite spot, even if they're handling isn't always the best. You just can't hate them.

Meowth has always been my favourite Pokemon and I have Team Rocket to thank for that, with Wobbuffet, Inkay and Gourgeist also on my tops for the same reason.

Dawn is my favorite character in the series along with DP Ash.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast