Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 21st December 2012: Apocalypse (An Uber RMT)

Default 21st December 2012: Apocalypse (An Uber RMT)

21st December 2012: Apocalypse

I compare this team to the apocalypse because it destroys everything that you have ever known. It has my most successful team ever in any tier, mainly because of the mix of Uber/OU powerhouses and an UU supporter. It has peaked at 1305 on PO and 1705 on Showdown. So, onto the team:
        Spoiler:- Team Building:

Raining Men (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Water Spout
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    Kyogre: my weather setter. It's timid to maximize speed as much as possible to destroy with WS. Water Spout can sweep entire teams, Surf is for when I have lost health. Thunder is to counter other Kyogres and Ice Beam is for dragons.

Fossilized (Kabutops) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Low Kick
    Kabutops is my spinner, so Rapid Spin? Waterfall does epic damage in rain, and Stone Edge handles the pesky ones that resist Waterfall. Low Kick completes the coverage

Distorted (Giratina) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 212 HP / 72 Def / 224 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dragon Pulse
    I can sub on a switch then CM to sweeeeeep! Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse have pretty much unresisted coverage in the Uber metagame. EV's are to get damn good bulk while almost maximizing SP. attack.

I AM GOD (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Brick Break
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Shadow Claw
    Yes you are Arceus. After just one swords dances you have 728 attack, and with silk scarf, a basically 160 base power +2 priority move to go with it. Shadow Claw handles Giratina and Brick Break takes other Arceus' and steel ones.

Spikey Balls (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Def
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball
    - Bulldoze
    - Explosion
    My team was desperately lacking an ExtremeKiller Arceus counter and physical powerhouses, so CB Ferro was the obvious answer. Power Whip can take Kyogre, Gyro Ball OHKOs almost the entire meta,Bulldoze handles Dialga and other Ferros, and Explosion is a last resort move.

WhyTheWings? (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
    - Hydro Pump
    - Spacial Rend
    - Thunder
    - Fire Blast
    Palkia. An amazing offensive powerhouse. Hydro Pump has a s***ton of power in rain with lustrous orb, Spacial Rend takes dragons, Thunder takes Kyogre at 100 accuracy and Fire Blast handles Groudon after it sets up sun. Haban Berry helps me take on other Palkias.

Here is an import for those who wish to test the team:
    HTML Code:
    Raining Men (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    - Water Spout
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam

Fossilized (Kabutops) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Low Kick

Distorted (Giratina) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 212 HP / 72 Def / 224 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dragon Pulse

I AM GOD (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Brick Break
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Shadow Claw

Spikey Balls (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Def
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball
    - Bulldoze
    - Explosion

WhyTheWings? (Palkia) @ Haban Berry
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Hydro Pump
    - Spacial Rend
    - Thunder
    - Fire Blast
    Critism welcome, but please make it creative and tell me what I could change something to if you say “this needs to be changed”.
    Thank you for reading!
    Last edited by Jazz™; 19th January 2013 at 10:54 AM.

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOICE BAAAAAAAAAAND FEEERROOOOO <3<3<3<3<3
    Ahem. On with the rate. If you want more power, use EXPLOSION over Spikes. Fun seeing a CB ferro blowing up and killing a DDance Mence =]

Also, maybe Haban Berry>Lustrous Orb on Palkia, stops you being mudered by Sarfchomp.

I agree with the brickbreak>recover, but maybe EQ. Doesnt get the hit on Ferro, but has more power and complete ****s up heatran that aren't baloon

dont see anything wrong with Giratina, but maybe hve EQ/Aura Sphere over one, and maybe Shadow Sneak over Shadow Ball.

Kyogre is good, dont see anything wrong.

Don't use Xatus, so Ill leave someone else to do that :]

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by SneaselFTW View Post
    CHOOOOOOOOOOOOICE BAAAAAAAAAAND FEEERROOOOO <3<3<3<3<3
    Ahem. On with the rate. If you want more power, use EXPLOSION over Spikes. Fun seeing a CB ferro blowing up and killing a DDance Mence =]

Also, maybe Haban Berry>Lustrous Orb on Palkia, stops you being mudered by Sarfchomp.

I agree with the brickbreak>recover, but maybe EQ. Doesnt get the hit on Ferro, but has more power and complete ****s up heatran that aren't baloon

dont see anything wrong with Giratina, but maybe hve EQ/Aura Sphere over one, and maybe Shadow Sneak over Shadow Ball.

Kyogre is good, dont see anything wrong.

Don't use Xatus, so Ill leave someone else to do that :]
    Explosion seems better option, I'll put that on.
    Scarfchomp is almost never seen in ubers, and if I do see it, then Ferro with PW handles that.
    Brick Break over Recover also helps me with other Arceus', so in that goes.
    I really don't want to make Giratina mixed, so he'll stay as is.
    More rates please!

It's great to see a fellow Übers trainer who appreciates the value of Magic Bounce in this tier

What's with Xatu's EVs though? It hasn't used up all of its EVs...

And anyway, all Übers teams need an extremely solid answer to Arceus-Normal in order to be even remotely successful (and contrary to popular opinions, a Pokémon with Will-O-Wisp such as Giratina or a bulky Arceus does not count as a solid answer to Arceus-Normal), as this sweeper is way too powerful. Your team has none. Since your team has Xatu to prevent Stealth Rock from ruining Lugia's Multiscale, I'd suggest replacing Giratina with Lugia, as this Pokémon completely counters Palkia anyway, and is one of the most effective counters to Arceus-Normal.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

I would put a LO dialga with rocks,thunder,draco meteor and aura sphere over palkai as you lack rocks which are crucial for stopping ho-ho. next replace ferro to scarf genesect as gene forms a great u turn core with xatu and is almost as powerful as ferro with an attack boost. If you use gene i would say make kyogre specs which makes it an excellent wall breaker. Now the xatu set, heatwave does not destroy ferro in rain and does not even scratch most ubers so i would say night shade>heatwave to get consistant damage and change the nature to impish. I think arceus and giratina are fine.

Spoiler:- sets:

I'm no ubers expert btw
    Last edited by EZ Target?; 1st January 2013 at 1:39 PM.

Credit to BLUES for userbar (such sweg).

Quote Originally Posted by PokéMaster Forever View Post
    It's great to see a fellow Übers trainer who appreciates the value of Magic Bounce in this tier

What's with Xatu's EVs though? It hasn't used up all of its EVs...

And anyway, all Übers teams need an extremely solid answer to Arceus-Normal in order to be even remotely successful (and contrary to popular opinions, a Pokémon with Will-O-Wisp such as Giratina or a bulky Arceus does not count as a solid answer to Arceus-Normal), as this sweeper is way too powerful. Your team has none. Since your team has Xatu to prevent Stealth Rock from ruining Lugia's Multiscale, I'd suggest replacing Giratina with Lugia, as this Pokémon completely counters Palkia anyway, and is one of the most effective counters to Arceus-Normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman123 View Post
    I would put a LO dialga with rocks,thunder,draco meteor and aura sphere over palkai as you lack rocks which are crucial for stopping ho-ho. next replace ferro to scarf genesect as gene forms a great u turn core with xatu and is almost as powerful as ferro with an attack boost. If you use gene i would say make kyogre specs which makes it an excellent wall breaker. Now the xatu set, heatwave does not destroy ferro in rain and does not even scratch most ubers so i would say night shade>heatwave to get consistant damage and change the nature to impish. I think arceus and giratina are fine.

Spoiler:- sets:

I'm no ubers expert btw
    I love the idea of ditching Giratina for Lugia, but Palkia and Ferrothorn have proven themselves immensely useful and solid. Ho-Oh can easily be taken down by Kyogre, but Night Shade Xatu seems the way to go, so that's what I'll add. Testing Lugia now.
    EDIT: Lugia does not work, so keeping Giratina.
    Last edited by Jazz™; 1st January 2013 at 2:07 PM.

Bump
    More rates please!

Just a small note, Earth Power/Aura Sphere > SBall on Giratina, as it is now pretty much walled by Steel types. Also, why not Altered Forme? Let's you have Leftovers recovery, for setting up subs.
    The Netherlands:
    ORAS Demo available at:
    - Nintendo Autumn Tour. Dates and locations found >here<
    - Using Nintendo Zone in a Game Mania store
    -Send me a VM, I have 1 extra code.

Shiny Gengar:
    - Autumn Tour, see above.

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

When reading this, my first thought was:

XATU
    WAT R U DOING
    XATU
    STAHP.

Now that I've got that out of my system: Everybody loves Magic Bounce, but how does Xatu plan on taking any hits? I, frankly, would go with the team before it's final change:
    Deoxys-S in that slot. You can Magic Coat if you need to, set up your own hazards instead of waiting on the world to change for your opponent to do it, and use the same or better offensive presence, with Night Shade, Thunder and my personal favorite, Zap Cannon Psychic to do damage. If I faced this team, I'd just run over the Xatu, then proceed to Spike with impunity.
    If Ferrothorn had some hazards and defensive such-and-such, not just a face-beating Choice Band, then this might be different; however, the inability to set your own hazards is (in my highly biased opinion) a crippling flaw.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

You also don't need Thunder and Fire Blast on the same set. Use either/or.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

I've used Xatu in Ubers plenty of times myself and it does just fine xD It takes prediction, but it can be awesome.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    I've used Xatu in Ubers plenty of times myself and it does just fine xD It takes prediction, but it can be awesome.
    Exactly Orb
    Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    You also don't need Thunder and Fire Blast on the same set. Use either/or.
    Any ideas with replacement?
    @SkyDryver I have been thinking for a while that altered is the way to go. Clearly it is

palkias standard set is what he has, prevents it from being walled by ferrothorn
    i can see ghostceus being a threat, as well as LO dialga. Aura sphere would be better then earth power, but i would put it over dragon pulse as ghost-fighting is basically unresisted. Does ferro really handle arceus? if you werernt using extreme killer i would say use steelceus, try scarfed terrakion, as he can like an e-speed and KO it back with close combat, plus that give you another scarfer besides kyogre, who i suggest you spec, speced kyogre is pro. I agree with orb, drop the xatu, magic bounce is to unrelible, one mistake and you have hazards, i would ad some form of rapidspinner, maybe kabotops to abuse swift swim

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    palkias standard set is what he has, prevents it from being walled by ferrothorn
    i can see ghostceus being a threat, as well as LO dialga. Aura sphere would be better then earth power, but i would put it over dragon pulse as ghost-fighting is basically unresisted. Does ferro really handle arceus? if you werernt using extreme killer i would say use steelceus, try scarfed terrakion, as he can like an e-speed and KO it back with close combat, plus that give you another scarfer besides kyogre, who i suggest you spec, speced kyogre is pro. I agree with orb, drop the xatu, magic bounce is to unrelible, one mistake and you have hazards, i would ad some form of rapidspinner, maybe kabotops to abuse swift swim
    Oh, but Xatu has helped bounce back Will o Wisps and Thunder Waves so many times. It positively rocks. Kyogre is now specsed, DP is now aura, and Giratina is now altered. more rates please!

Hey Jazz nice team, just a few changes I would do.

Change Giratina to Giratina-o and use Dragon Pulse > shadow ball. Dragon-fighting is unresisted too.

Try Haban berry on Palkia it usually work out better than lustrous orb for me.

I hate xatu in ubers. It is very unreliable and I would recommend trying a spinner instead. Kabutops is a good offensive spinner on rain teams and it's also a great ekiller check. If you need rocks Excadrill is a good option too.

Spoiler:- Sets:
    Last edited by Tormented; 15th January 2013 at 7:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tormented View Post
    Hey Jazz nice team, just a few changes I would do.

Change Giratina to Giratina-o and use Dragon Pulse > shadow ball. Dragon-fighting is unresisted too. I'll put DP back on but I really need that leftovers recovery

Try Haban berry on Palkia it usually work out better than lustrous orb for me.I'll test it, but surf/ HP as i can see you've put below can 1/2HKO almost anything in rain with lustrous

I hate xatu in ubers. It is very unreliable and I would recommend trying a spinner instead. Kabutops is a good offensive spinner on rain teams and it's also a great ekiller check. If you need rocks Excadrill is a good option too.Ok then, I give Xatu out, Kabu in.

Spoiler:- Sets:
    Changes made, more rates please!

Bumping, more rates pleeaaassee!

Your team seems a LOT Magikarp weak.

All jokes aside, honestly, this team is amazing. I cannot even think of anything on this team that needs improvement. Also, I tested this.

I won 8/10 battles. One of them was 1 v 1
    Last edited by Ryan7437; 11th February 2013 at 7:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    Your team seems a LOT Magikarp weak.

All jokes aside, honestly, this team is amazing. I cannot even think of anything on this team that needs improvement. Also, I tested this.

I won 8/10 battles. One of them was 1 v 1
    Wow, um thanks.
    But what should I do about the Magikarp problem? Lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    Wow, um thanks.
    But what should I do about the Magikarp problem? Lol jk
    Haha, jk. I ws just joking, maybe a Choice Spec'ed Deaoxys-A with a freaking Hyper Beam 252 Special EV's with Silk Scarf just MIGHT be able to dent it.

No, the only way you're going to wall a Specs Hydro Pump from a Magikarp and retaliate is by using another Magikarp. Magikarp has Swift Swim, so it should be able to work in your rain team.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

Quote Originally Posted by silverangel View Post
    No, the only way you're going to wall a Specs Hydro Pump from a Magikarp and retaliate is by using another Magikarp. Magikarp has Swift Swim, so it should be able to work in your rain team.
    Ok, this is getting a bit out of hand now, so can I please have more serious rates? Thanks

Nah, this team is so solid, I don't think you need much more help. How about posting some of your wins and losses so raters have an easier time checking your strengths and weaknesses?
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

I'll update this post with replays

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers10708488 Got lucky here, Kyogre crit probably saved me!

Rayquaza is a big threat from what i see, threatening everyone except arceus and palkia if its not a sub or dd set, while freezing the weather making kabutops useless.

Maintain weather seems like the biggest problem you have, as sun teams using Ho-Oh can do some serious damage, as Ho-Oh can KO kyogre with brave bird, and kabutops cant take a hit from him.

I really cant suggest anything, its more putting holes i see out there so you know how to handle them

very nice team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast