Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Souku's Project 365: Pokémon 2

Ain't bad for 15 minutes, imho. Forretress isn't very inspiring to begin with.

*tackle*
    i like it! i think it's fun and has a freeing quality to it.
    i like you're "fast" ones and your more detailed one.
    think it would be great if we used your pictures to make a new pokedex book.
    Follow lillipup for more pokemon art.

join this written rpg with me journey to delta region. looks fun!
    new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

Commenting time then

Mamoswine - The background and the sober colors are amazing and the details of this are really nice, especially the fur and tusks.
    Voltorb - Nice idea on this one. Much better for it like that than doing nothing and the interpretation makes it look more interesting.
    Forretress - I keep forgetting this Poke exists. hehe. Anyways, this is actually great for a work done in about 15 mins! Then again, it's not really noteworthy of a Poke anyway so yeah, guess we know what you feel.

General Nonsense, yeah, there are always off-days, unfortunately! I did want to do more with Forretress but I literally could not keep my eyes open longer than two minutes yesterday, which made those 15 minutes of sleep-drawing such a pain. I just really wanted to go to sleep lol.

Quinnzel, I know eh! The dex entries didn't really give me much to go on either.

rosierjay, awwwww, thank you so much for your comment! I'm really glad that you do like Forretress! A Pokédex book with my drawings in it would be pretty sweet, I must say, though I wonder if it'd be better for me to draw the mons in a more consistent style than what I'm doing right now, haha.

nathandg0924, thank you for your comments! I'm glad you like Mamoswine and Voltorb's pics. They did have some very interesting dex entries (at least Voltorb did) and were fun/easy mons to draw... unlike Forretress, hahaha. Although I like Forretress in-game (great tank, him), I can't really say the same for its design. I'll prob add him to the list of pokémon I'll redo someday. And I'll make sure I'm awake when I get to drawing him.

Day 18 - Eelektross
    18th January 2013

Do you think it is weird how Eelektross lives in the ocean but the other two live in caves? I think that is weird. Eelektross' Black dex entry says it lives in the ocean and that it comes ashore to snag a tasty meal. I didn't really think about its habitat until like halfway through the pic, and then all I could think about (besides water being annoying to paint) was the fact that Eelektross lives in the ocean while its pre-evos don't.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:
    365 Project 2012 | 365 Project 2013

Wow! I love, love, LOVE your pictures!

The Tynamo are so cute and I love their depiction.

Combusken had so much detail and I can't even tell you how much I love the Dragonair! I love how you made it look like a giant sea serpent with the slimy scale look.

The also liked how you made the Electross and Exploud look menacing. It's a nice touch! Can't wait to see more!!!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, yeah. Eelektross is so scary and awesome, and I'm an even bigger fanboy of them now because of your drawing!

WHOA. I've never been a fan of Eelektross but this is incredible, it has gained my respect. It's weird to think of electric types in the ocean, shouldn't the ocean be able to conduct a charge?

Electross looks amazing. Not to mention scary. Yet another reason to hate beeches: you might be dragged down into the depths by an Eelectross.

Credit to ~BrightStarVictory~ for the banner

woah! i love the dynamics of the pictures. makes you second guess approaching this one in the wild. great job.

by the way. nah. i love how the styles and brushes change. it's fun to look forward to each day.

new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

Man, I am glad that you guys like Eelektross! I've always wanted one on my team but since I was doing a Nuzlocke challenge, I unfortunately didn't get to catch one. But, if I did have one, it would look like whatever I drew and that would be scary, haha. Very intimidating. You definitely would not want to see one of these while strolling along the beach ... at least I wouldn't. Also, it is kinda weird that it being electric and living in the ocean would probably screw everything up, but maybe it only uses electricity when it's out of the water? Who knows. Anyway, thanks for all the comments!

Day 19 - Breloom
    19th January 2013

This is one of the pokémon that I like a lot because I find it absolutely adorable with its beady eyes and curved nose and mushroom cap on its head. Initially I was going to draw it all kapow, punch!, but as you can see, I went for something less dynamic. I liked the dex entry saying that it releases spores from its head, so I went with that today.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

God damn, that one is even better than Eelektross! It's cute and threatening at the same time. Never would have guessed that its spores came out of the things on its head.

Very good job on Breloom. Looks very mushroomy and strong.

Haha, thanks you two! Glad you like Breloom's pic! I'm not entirely sure if the spores /would/ come out of the red things on its head, but I imagined that would be the most likely way the spores are expelled.

Day 20 - Swanna
    20th January 2013

So come dusk, Swanna gather to dance. It's a very nice image to picture and so I just had to try draw something like that. Swanna looked a lot more like it was dancing when it was still an idea in my head, but the wings were screwing it all up in the actual picture. Just couldn't seem to position them how I imagined them! Oh well.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

I've been watching your art threads since your 2012 one had just been put up, and now I'm finally going to comment.

I love art as well, and even though I use a very different style from yours, I can definitely tell that you put a lot of effort into your work. The lighting and atmosphere of the pictures is simply astounding, and the interpretations of the Pokemon themselves are very creative and fun to look at. Your shading and coloring is brilliant, and your work is just overall entrancing to look at. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that you can get these done so quickly. Just, wow.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Gorgeous...need I say more?

Last few ones are really good.

Eelektross - You did great here for one of my fave Pokes to use for my team from the 5th gen. I like how it's coming out of the water, waiting to get something. Definitely not what you want to see at the beach
    Breloom - While I like your original idea for this, it doesn't really matter because it looks pretty good and I believe this idea would make a better impression. The effect of the spores is nice that it seems to affect the entire pic, in a good way.
    Swanna - Very beautiful! I really it when you make pics in this kind of silhouette-ey style.

Ah, thank you all for your comments! I'm really glad you guys like Swanna because her really was incredibly fun to draw.

Epic-Inferno, thank you so much! I'm pleased to hear that you've been following last year's thread and that you are now joining me for 2013. I really appreciate you leaving a comment today (well, yesterday) and that you're enjoying the project so far. Most of my pics take between 1-2 hours (sometimes less, sometimes more), very rarely going up to or over 3 hours. Doing a year's worth of speed drawings/paints has definitely made me a touch faster I think!

General Nonsense, thank you! On a totally unrelated note, I keep thinking the note underneath your username ('Batshit insane') is your username. Quite possibly because you've got Golbat as your avatar, haha.

nathandg0924, thank you so much! I really appreciate your comments and love reading them. I'm very happy to hear that you liked the last couple of days, I hope I remain inspired enough to finish January with nice drawings too! Silhouette-type pics is one of my favourite ways to draw/paint, so I'm glad to know that you like them as well.

Day 21 - Boldore
    21st January 2013

I could go on an enormous rant about how annoying wild Boldore are, but I will spare you ... this one time. Haha. No seriously, it's because of Boldore alone that I now cannot travel through caves without using Super Repels the entire way.

Also, I do not like to draw rocks.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Those fangs :0 Also, its glowing :0

Great depiction. I might have to double-coat myself in repel next time I go through a cave.

even if you don't like drawing rocks i have to say it turned out amazing. love the glow effects too.

new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

Thanks, guys! Boldore here is an example of one of my better rock-drawing days, probably, haha. Definitely do double or triple coat yourself in Repels. You probably wouldn't want to find yourself stuck on the end of those tusks.

Day 22 - Surskit
    22nd January 2013

I just couldn't bring myself to mangle this thing by drawing it more realistically. It's just too cute. The setting/background was meant to be more of a calmer pond and the surskit was meant to be sliding along like it owned the place, but then that didn't work out as you can see. Still, it's a nighttime setting, just starting to rain or just finishing. Surskits gather after an evening shower, you see.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Surskit is such a cute pokemon :3 Too bad it loses its typing upon evolution. Love the simplicity in this one.

i think its funny. you say you don't draw water well. but i always think your water depictions are the most amazing. of course the surskit is cute too.

new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

Ahh, thank you, you two! Very much appreciate the comments, happy to hear that you like the pic. Skyler 99, I'm sad that it loses its unique typing upon evolution too! When I first played Ruby I thought I could teach the thing Surf once it evolved into a cool pokémon (cos I thought it'd retain its Bug/Water typing).. but it didn't. I was most disappointed. rosierjay, thank you! I don't know what it is about water but when I'm painting it, at the time it just doesn't look right to me. |D I used to be even worse at painting water though, so I can see that having to get down and draw it a couple of times has made me a bit better at it overall.

Day 23 - Swoobat
    23rd January 2013

So I have to reluctantly admit that Swoobat is kinda cute... but it still sucks hard in battles. Whaaaaaat a dissappointment, seriously.

Anyway, I was going to draw this thing shooting laser beams out of its nose, but then I thought, "... Y'know what, I'm not going to do that. I'm just going to draw it chillin' all upside-down-like in its cave." And so I did.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Swoobat looks fantastic! Love the way you did it's fur!

Swoobat is one of my favorite Pokemon ever, and you made it look amazing!

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast