Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Souku's Project 365: Pokémon 2

*huggles swoobat*
    I want one!!!
    Follow lillipup for more pokemon art.

join this written rpg with me journey to delta region. looks fun!
    new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

Very nice job. I love bats, they're cute.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Swoobat does NOT suck in battles! One of its abilities, Simple, doubles its stat changes. So basically, Calm Mind gives +2 SAtk and SDef. I have swept with swoobat before.

Creepy picture. I've never payed attention to that hook thing on its tail but it looks sharp in this shot.

Holy Swoobat! ^.^

Wow, thank you all for your comments! Glad you like the Swoobat's pic, and I'm actually really happy to hear that Swoobat is a favourite! Skyler 99, haha I take that back then. Since I was doing a semi-Nuzlocke challenge, I think the one that I got had a terrible ability, so it didn't make a great first impression I can tell you that.

Day 24 - Duosion
    24th January 2013

Eeeehhh you can usually tell when I don't like a pokémon or don't care about a pokémon... or have no idea how to draw a pokémon. Duosion is such a pokémon that I don't particularly care about haha. Plus its dex entries weren't all that exciting imo. I guess I wanted to draw it using its crazy psychic powers... but for some reason or another, I just didn't.

----

Day 25 - Bagon
    25th January 2013

Okay, so, I was using my brother's laptop to draw today's pic because I wanted to watch the tennis and I couldn't be stuffed hauling my Mac desktop into the living room. In short, it was a disappointing match, and using a PC when you're used to a Mac is very frustrating. Kept pressing all the wrong buttons to undo and cut and whatever. Also I didn't have my usual brushes and that kinda made me a little cranky too, haha.

Rambling aside, I've always loved Bagon's backstory as told in the Ruby dex: It dreams of growing wings and flying, and it will do whatever it takes to achieve its dream ... such as throwing itself off cliffs. I didn't want to go with a super literal representation of that dex entry though. I wanted to draw a more thoughtful pic. Depending on how you look at and respond to the pic yourself, the atmosphere will be either melancholy or hopeful. Or something completely different if I've failed miserably at portraying either.
    Last edited by Souku; 25th January 2013 at 2:27 PM. Reason: Update
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:
    365 Project 2012 | 365 Project 2013

Oooooh, love the Bagon. I can tell it dreams of flying. I know it will get there some day.

You did amazing with Bagon.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

Time for me to comment here.

Boldore - Yeah, don't we all not like running into those in caves. The horns and tusks and claws on this is pretty good.
    Surskit - Pretty good and I like the contrast of the different shades of blue here.
    Swoobat - Like many of your realistic drawings, this is very impressive. I also don't like using it in battles sadly and I never really liked it, but the way you did it here makes it look way better than it actually is.
    Bagon - This is an amazing pic. The fact that you made this amazing piece on something your not used to is great and is one of the best ones on this new project thus far. I love how Bagon here's depicted and seeing it with a sense of hope that it'll fly one day. I'm sure you did the other two Pokes of this line last year, no?

Thanks very much for the comments on Bagon! We all know it will achieve its goal one day. Glad you guys like the pic!

nathandg0924, thank you very much for your comments! Yep, I did draw Shelgon and Salamence last year (both in very different styles, actually). With them and S/Woobat, two more evo lines have been completed. Very happy to hear that you liked Bagon and Swoobat's pics.

Day 26 - Lileep
    26th January 2013

So, for Australia Day, random.org decides to pic a most un-Australian pokémon. Then again, there aren't that many/any really Aussie pokés anyway. That said, Lileep is just stuck on its rock and waving its petal-like tentacles and hoping that it catches something tasty for a meal. It is also under the sea.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

I can't tell you how amazing all of these are, keep up the good work!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Gorgeous Lileep. It looks frail, like I think it should, since it's at the bottom of the ocean with no light. Lileep is one of my favorite fossils.

-_- I missed the Duosion last time! I like the style on it and really love the watermelon colors.

Very nice job on Lileep! It looks very much like it could be in an ancient sea.

*le gasp* I totally just noticed you're doing this again XD A month late. I fail :I
    Anyway, you're off to an amazing start^^
    My favorites so far are Glavantula, Sealeo, Dragonair and Swanna

Thank you all for the comments and words of encouragement! Lileep is one of my favourite fossil pokémon too, so I am glad that you like its picture. I must admit, colouring underwater scenes is oddly relaxing, probably because of all the blue. DarkSnivy, glad to see you here! Don't worry, it's only been a month -- better late than never, hey?

Day 27 - Machoke
    27th January 2013

So bodybuilder types are kinda hard to draw because muscles. I had to use a couple of refs for Machoke as I don't usually draw macho men. Or humans in general haha. Anyway, this is muscle-flexing Machoke. Um... Yeah, that's really all I have to say today.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

I have a ton of trouble with muscles, too. You did a nice job, though! I see no problems with the anatomy and the design looks cool, too.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Nice work. I never liked Machoke all that much honestly, so not one of my favorite drawings, but well done nonetheless.

Thank you both. Using a reference really helped a lot with the muscles, that's for sure! Apologies that day 28's description is so short but I'm really tired again. With that, I bid you all good night. lol

Day 28 - Sawk
    28th January 2013

I'm running out of cool poses to put the fighting type Pokémon in, so Sawk kind of gets a generic karate punch pose. I don't know how many fighting Pokémon are left but I hope there aren't many now.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

That looks great! It looks very formidable, unlike its goofy official design. Your fighting-type artwork is always awesome.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Once again, not a pokemon I am fond of, but good job nonetheless.

Haha, thank you for the comments. Glad that Sawk looks all right to you guys, hopefully Doduo's pic is more interesting? Well... as interesting as a running bird can be. |D I based it off an emu because they're native to my country, and also because Doduos look more like emus to me.

Day 29 - Doduo
    29th January 2013

So being a large, flightless bird means running becomes Doduo's biggest strength. My original intention was to draw the doduo dashing across the canvas (so the canvas would be quite wide), but I changed my mind as you can see. I figured drawing him in a behind-the-shoulder shot would be some good practice as I usually don't choose to draw with this angle in mind.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

sorry for silently watching the last few day. hard times at work.
    you've been doing amazing work.
    the douduo really captured my attention today. so amazing. love the angle and the background is breathtaking.
    Follow lillipup for more pokemon art.

join this written rpg with me journey to delta region. looks fun!
    new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

Galvantula looks absolutely amazing! You're very talented, I can't wait to see ampharos!

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Ah, thank you for the comments!

rosierjay, no worries about not commenting every day! I love it when you do, but I'm also happy knowing that you're following along. I'm really glad you like the Doduo, that was a really fun pic - the legs and feet were my favourite parts to draw.

Ampharoid, thank you! I'm happy to hear you like the galvantula. I hope random.org chooses Ampharos soon for you! I'm waiting on Mareep myself, I love that little ball of electric fluff to bits!

Day 30 - Kakuna
    30th January 2013

Right, so I only just now remembered that bees live in beehives so bee pupa probably wouldn't be hanging from a tree. QUIET, YOU is what I will be saying now. I woke up from a really, really late nap and was much groggier than usual lol, and had to draw Kakuna's pic in about 40 mins -- which I did! Finished just one min before midnight. Due to that, no research.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Eh, Kakuna hung down from trees in the anime, so it still makes sense ... sorta. =P

Looks good to me.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast