Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Souku's Project 365: Pokémon 2

Commenting time!

Lileep - Love it when you make watery themed pics like these and one of my fave parts is the lovely shades of blue that you use in them.
    Machoke - While I understand that it's pretty tough to draw this, the end result is, I must say quite nice.
    Sawk - Almost the same opinions on Machoke here. The pose is pretty good.
    Doduo - This should've been chosen for Australia day for you so that it'd be more fitting (Belated greetings from my country!). This is pretty impressive! It's very beautiful and looks like something out of an encyclopedia. One of the best bird pics of yours yet.
    Kakuna - It's pretty good especially if you consider the fact that this was done more quickly than your usual works. The colors are nicely chosen.

And now it's the last day of January, again. Hopefully you end the month on a pretty good note to set the pace of what we'll be looking forward to for the next months! I'm supporting this!

Aww, thank you for the comments! <3 I'm super glad that the last couple of pics have been well-received! It's very encouraging, especially when I'm trying new things or trying to refine a few things in my various styles. nathandg0924, ah, if only Doduo was chosen for Australia Day! Would have made that day perfect. |D

As for the last day of January... it is a Gothitelle! I'm not sure how many people out there like this Pokémon but I personally was looking forward to drawing it in my own way. That said, here's hoping for a good pokémon to start the month of February off!

Day 31 - Gothitelle
    31st January 2013

Gothitelle has been a pokémon that I have been looking forward to drawing, actually. Although I don't like its official art (nor the art/sprites of its pre-evos), I do love the species description told in the Pokédexes. For those of you who (like me) never read dex entries, the B/W/2 entries say that you can see the stars in Gothitelle's psychic power, it can predict the future using the stars, it can see the lifespan of its Trainer ... and when it finds this information out, it cries in sadness.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:
    365 Project 2012 | 365 Project 2013

Very interesting. I've never been too fond of Gothitelle, but I love the way you drew it. Looks better than the actual design.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

OHmygoodness. That Gothitelle. Amazing. That is one of my favorite ones you've drawn now, including last year.

Yay, I'm glad you guys like my version of Gothitelle! I remember the first time I saw Gothitelle in game, I was wondering what in the world it was meant to be, haha. Anyways, the pokémon starting off February is a blazin' Rapidash.

Day 32 - Rapidash
    1st February 2013

With the start of February, we open with a picture of a rearing Rapidash! Ever since I drew Ponyta I have been wanting to draw a Rapidash rearing, and I wanted the Rapidash to be some kind horse made out of fire (like the flames would make some horse-like shape). I didn't end up doing something like that since I kind of ran out of time, but at least I got the rearing thing happening.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Rapidash looks fantastic! Nice going!

I want to ride that Rapidash into battle! My foes shall tremble before the grace and might of the flame sorceress!!!!!

Sorry, got a bit carried away there...

Oh wow, I am LOVING that Rapidash! It looks very elegant and graceful, and at the same time, very powerful. The fire effects also look fantastic. I think this is definitely one of my favorites so far.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Great way to start and end a month.

Gothitelle - While I don't like this Pokemon in general, the way you did her was really amazing.
    Rapidash - This is amazing! The flames and the pose are great and it's very well detailed.

Aw man, thank you all for the comments! Glad you liked Rapidash, she was great fun to draw. Anyway, I'm rather sad that Magnezone followed right after Rapidash, but I guess you just can't have all the awesome pokémon appear at once. I hope tomorrow's Pokémon at least looks cooler than Magnezone. But now I really need sleep. Night, guys.

Day 33 - Magnezone
    2nd February 2013

The more I worked on Magnezone, the angier and angrier I became. Had to redraw it at least three times because it just wasn't looking right, grr. Anyway it wasn't helping that I was/am again super tired. One day I will not be tired.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

It's too bad that you didn't like drawing Magnezone. It looks good.

They're all so wonderful, I can't decide which one is my favourite! >,< Keep up the good work.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I remember seeing Magneton and thinking, "That is the coolest idea for a magneton I've ever seen". It had AMAZING alternate patterns that made it 50x cooler than it already was. I'm overjoyed to see that you've done the same with Magneton ^.^

Here's the Magneton if anyone missed it.

Yes, I really wanted to a stylised Magnezone similar to the Magneton I drew last year, so I'm glad you guys think it looks all right. I wish I could have done more with its design but it was making me so angry at the time, haha. Anyway, I can't say Snover is the awesome Pokémon I had hoped would follow Magnezone but at least it was more fun to paint.

Day 34 - Snover
    3rd February 2013

Snover's dex descriptions aren't very useful, they just talk about its personality and how it shuffles around the mountains depending on the season. I didn't have a set idea in mind so, after painting Snover's head, I just went with the flow.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Hah, I've seen that hair on a few people I know XD

Can't say I'm a fan of the hair but I like everything below it and I love the trees in the background.

Looks good, Snover looks like it's lost.

Poor Snover, I'm sure he will find his way... maybe to a hair salon lol. It was meant to be some kind of straw-like hat (I have no idea why I was thinking that when Snover isn't even made of straw, but there you go) that sort of just turned into hair/fur, haha.

As for Grumpig today, upon reading its Emerald Pokédex entry, I immediately thought of the one and only dance style that's plaguing the internet. Or was. I don't even know. Anyway, I don't know what your stance is on the song/dance, but one of my RL friends hates it. Of course, she was first exposed to it via her friends, and the video/song/dance plastered all over her FB newsfeed for ages, so she's grown to dislike its very name. She was actually the first (and only) friend of mine to go on about Gangnam; without her rants I wouldn't have even known about it. And that is why I am dedicating Grumpig's pic to her.

Day 35 - Grumpig
    4th February 2013

I'm sorry, I just had to. Seriously. With a dex description like this:

"It stores power in the black pearls on its forehead. When it uses psychic power, it performs an odd dance step. Its style of dancing became hugely popular overseas."

how can you think of anything other than Gangnam Style! Popular culture. It winds up in everything.
    Last edited by Souku; 5th February 2013 at 1:48 PM.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

OPPAN GRUMPIG STYLE. I like the song, but then I haven't been overexposed to it like most. Nice going!

Haha! Wow, I have to admit, I definitely smiled at this. Grumpig is already one of my favorite Pokemon, and this made me like it even more.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Grumpig made me laugh.

That grumpig is the funniest thing ever!
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

OH MY GOD, That is hilarious XD

I'm really tired of the Gangnam Style fad but this just made my day.

Haha, I'm glad to read that Grumpig Style has brightened up the day for you guys! I promise I won't be referencing pop culture again... or at the very least, anytime soon lol. That said, I hope I get some kind of spark for the drawings soon. Lately I've just been a bit bleh in general.

Day 36 - Sandshrew
    5th February 2013

It must be very useful to be able to survive a drop from a great height (like a cliff) by simply curling up into a little ball and bouncing your way to safety. I am sure Sandshrew takes advantage of this all the time.

(Also I need to find some inspiration.)
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Time for comments.

Magnezone - My gosh. It's so much better looking than the actual. It's very well done I must say.
    Snover - Aww, poor fella, looks like he's lost. Anyways, the scene is pretty good and I must say that he's pretty cute as well here in this pic.
    Grumpig - Oh Man. This is a pretty funny but admittedly weird work. I have to say that I found the song pretty good and very addicting at first but it easily gets really tiring after a while, especially once they get to the point that it gets too far.
    Sandshrew - I have to say that I really like the way you do things with your backgrounds as they end up rather nicely and I must say that this picture ended pretty well enough and you captured the scene pretty well.

Yeah and I hear you. I mean, after spending an entire year doing artworks everyday and doing another one again, it really does get tougher to find inspiration to do your works. I hope you do find some inspiration since you have done a lot of improvements as I have observed over the course of more than one year. I know you can do it!

Oh, thank you so much for your comments, nathandg0924! You've brought a smile to my face, I'm so glad that you've liked looking at the last few days of drawings. I very much appreciate the words of encouragement too, thank you so much for the support. I hope I get out of my art slump soon because I don't want to disappoint!

Day 37 - Stoutland
    6th February 2013

Known as the Big-Hearted Pokémon, this humongous ball of fluff excels at rescuing people lost in a blizzard or lost at sea. I used to not like Stoutland because its in-game sprite does it no justice (I do love its official artwork, however), but after reading about it and seeing what its species is known as, I've had to re-evaluate my opinion on this Pokémon. I would like to keep one.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast