Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Souku's Project 365: Pokémon 2

Oh boy. I was excited for this one. I love this guy, and you've certainly done him justice here! And the background is just fantastic. I can't reallly say any more, it's just as much of a masterpiece as your other works.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

I never liked stoutland. I love the one you drew though.

Credit to ~BrightStarVictory~ for the banner

Thanks so much, guys! <3 Very glad you liked Stoutland's pic, I really wanted to draw it nicely since it's such a wonderful pokémon (if not in looks then personality lol).

Here are the commentaries for the 7th and 8th:

Day 38 - Golem
    7th February 2013

Okay, so I'm keeping the description short tonight because I'm quite tired. There isn't too much to say about Golem anyway, but I'll put in that Bulbapedia said it could be based off a turtle/tortoise or something. That is where the somewhat turtle-like traits come from.

---

Day 39 - Gurdurr
    8th February 2013

I almost forgot to upload today, haha. Terrible, terrible. Anyway, I actually had a ton of fun drawing Gurdurr and his band of friends. I haven't drawn a manly kinda guy in my more illustrative style so it was like a breath of fresh air, haha. Oh yes, I was following the description listed in the White dex entry, so I'll just paste that here to explain what is going on:

"They strengthen their bodies by carrying steel beams. They show off their big muscles to their friends."
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:
    365 Project 2012 | 365 Project 2013

I actually like this a lot! I'm not a huge fan of Gurdurr's actual design, but this is a neat interpretation. I like how he's showing off to the others.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

the last few days have been amazing.
    grumpig- perfect! simply amazing the reference makes it all the better
    sandshrew- scenery is what really gets me in this one. and the angle, nice job!
    stoutland- PUPPY!!! finally my favorite evolution line!! ok i'm happy there are dogs. anyway. love the movement and flow of the image. new background for my pc.
    golem- one of my least favorite pokemon. but i love how you handled the texture and the balance between the background.
    gurdurr- XD that is too funny!!! absolutely perfect!!!
    Follow lillipup for more pokemon art.

join this written rpg with me journey to delta region. looks fun!
    new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

Haha, I love the humanoid absurdity that you turned Gurdurr into XD

Haha, thanks so much, guys! I'm glad that you've all liked Gurdurr's pic! |DD You can't really do too much with something as crazy as Gurdurr, but the important thing is to have fun drawing it LOL.

rosierjay, eee, I am glad that you like Stoutland's pic and am happy to hear that it's a new desktop background for you! I was quite excited to draw him, and I can't wait to get to Lillipup and Herdier because I love them both (Herdier especially). Thank you for the comments! <3

Day 40 - Charmeleon
    9th February 2013

Okay, so... After one year and one month, Random.org finally decides to pick a Pokémon from one of the most popular starter families. It's no Charmander or Charizard but I hope the Charmeleon will do for now.

I was reading through the dex entries for Charmeleon and most of them were pretty good at describing traits of the species, such as it being a fierce fighter, it having a strong tail, and it quite possibly breathing blue fire if it gets excited enough. All of them could have made some very interesting and dynamic pics. However there was one dex entry (from DPPt and BW/2) that was so different and really inspiring. It basically said that in the rocky mountains where Charmeleons live, at night their fiery tails look like stars.

Sure they might not look like stars how I drew them, but the thought was there!
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Holy crap, Charmeleon has to be my favorite one yet. That looks seriously amazing!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Wow, the Charmeleon looks simply amazing. The sky and the mountains have such a cool texture to them.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Charmeleon looks awesome! I love its tail..the fire looks so cool. x3

holy cow that is breathtaking! the dynamic is amazing! love it.

new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

I'm so glad to hear that you guys like the Charmeleon! I must say, I loved drawing the mountains in the background and Charmeleon's tail (the fire was really fun, surprisingly!).

Day 41 - Exeggcute
    10th February 2013

From the FireRed dex entry:

"Even though it appears to be eggs of some sort, it was discovered to be a life-form more like plant seeds."

I thought that was a cool little tidbit of information about Exeggcute and I just had to go along with it. In another dex entry, it says something about cracks appearing in the shell when the Exeggcute is about to evolve, so I kinda merged the two ideas.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Makes em' look like onions! It really works though. I think I'd make the color of the eye line's a dark pink/purple though, I couldn't make out what they were on first glance.

Anyways, great job!
    ----------------------------------

Great job! Now I have to wonder how six seperate eggs makes a single life form...

Time for me to comment!

Stoutland - that's really nice, the snow effect is pretty.
    Golem - Interesting interpretation for him.
    Gurdurr - That's pretty nice and amusing. Nice to have something rather light once in a while.
    Charmeleon - About time that someone from their line appeared! That, I tell you is incredible. I love the contrast of colors and pretty much every detail is nicely done.

Thank you very much for your comments, everyone! <3 -Raiga-, I'll keep your suggestion about the eyes in mind for later pics. General Nonsense, maybe they group together and when the shoots grow, they sort of... twist together... or something. Kinda like those parasite vines that grow up the trunks of normal trees. nathandg0924, I know, it took forever for one of Charmander's line to show up, eh! |D So glad you like Charmeleon's pic! I'm looking forward to drawing Charmander and Charizard too.

Now then. My apologies that I didn't update yesterday, I've been busy! I'm just sad that I broke my streak of not missing a day - and I'd been doing so well, haha.

Day 42 - Vullaby
    11th February 2013

Um. Yeah. I've been busy the last two days and though I meant to draw Vullaby on the day it was chosen, I ended up falling asleep ... and I slept past midnight. When I woke up at 4am, I was like, "Snap, I broke my streak of doing a pic every day!" I wanted to draw Vullaby during the day, but more busy things happened and also I just got lazy lol. Left it 'til 10pm. OH WELL it's done now. Gonna leave this up for a full day because it didn't get its own spotlight yesterday. Which is now two days ago according to my timezone.

----

Day 43 - Hippowdon
    12th February 2013

Said to create towering twisters when it blasts sand out of its back. A sandstorm made by this thing would be fierce indeed! Took about 40 mins?, was drawn right after Vullaby.
    Last edited by Souku; 13th February 2013 at 2:07 PM. Reason: Fixing formatting
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

That Hippowdon is stunning. It really does look quite imposing.

Both excellent works. That Hippowdon looks amazing.

Wow, it seems like you're getting better with each one. Seriously impressive work.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Thank you so much, guys! I loved drawing Hippowdon. Apologies again for the somewhat lateness of updating today's pokémon; internet issues was the culprit. Hope you like Nidorina!

Day 44 - Nidorina
    13th February 2013

Okay! So I actually finished this pic about 5 mins before midnight, but due to the ridiculousness of my internet, it keeps disconnecting literally every two seconds. -_-

ANYWAY. I had a ton of fun with painting Nidorina because not only is she a part of one of my favourite lines, the style in which I painted her is one of my favourites too. And the colours were calming, haha. In a couple of dex entries, you find out that Nidorina is a docile Pokémon who only raises its barbs when it's in danger. This one clearly is not in any danger!
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Aww, she looks super cute! Your take on Nidorina is great.

she's so sweet!
    and i love the vullaby too. (i got a bird paranoia so that's saying a lot.)

new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

Aww, how cute!!! Great job!

Thanks, guys! Glad you like the Nidorina! <33 Sorry about the lateness of update today, there was a good reason lol.

Day 45 - Latios
    14th February 2013

Apologies for the late update again. My internet was still driving me nuts by dropping out every two seconds, and what made midnight/uploading time worse was that, at about 11:45pm, I got hit by a massive wave of sleepiness. Honestly I couldn't keep my eyes open and had to nap at the keyboard, even take a shower to try and wake myself up a bit (neither worked). Then when Latios' pic was done, the internet was like "Lol nope" and I thought, stuff this, I'm going to bed. haha.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure last February when I drew Latias, I was going on about how I find this pair adorable so I'll spare you that this time. For Latios, he can fly at speeds faster than a jet plane if he tucks in his wee little arms, so that was the pic for today... or should I say yesterday?
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Wow, love the feathery texture on his wings in this one!
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast