Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Souku's Project 365: Pokémon 2

Finally! I was waiting for Latios to show up and about time he came! I have to tell you that he's probably my 2nd most fave Pokemon (behind Lucario) and you did a great job on him! I like how you did him in an almost similar style with Latias from last year in the sense that you gave him too a somewhat avian appearance and the colors are pretty good. I have to admit, I kinda liked the Latias a bit more but her brother's very well done as well.
    Last edited by nathandg0924; 15th February 2013 at 2:59 PM.

Oh holy crap. That Latios is the coolest thing I've seen all day. Very nice job.

I also love that Vullaby.

Wow, that Latios is breathtakingly good. Eagerly waiting to see what you come up with next.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Oh, wow. This just looks fantastic. Definitely one of your best so far, no question about that.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Ahh, thank you so much for your comments! <3 I'm really happy to hear that you guys like the Latios, I really wanted to get a dynamic pic going. Someday I'd love to draw Latios with his sister since they're my favourite legendaries. nathandg0924, thanks! I must say I am quite fond of Latios' pic because of the colours in it - usually I don't do crazy splashes of bright colour like that. |D So glad to hear you still like Latias' drawing!

Day 46 - Shedinja
    15th February 2013

The internet is still being ridiculous so it's making updating take longer than necessary. That said, Shedinja's a pretty neat Pokémon as far as novelty Pokémon go. I used it in a Ruby game back in the day and it was pretty good... I think. Anyhoo the Shedinja here is performing some kind of move. I'm just going to say Hidden Power. (I didn't really have any clue what I wanted to do with Shedinja's pic; I just wanted to draw sparkles.)

----

Day 47 - Archen
    16th February 2013

Originally what I wanted to do was draw Archen jumping from one tree branch to another, but as you can see, there's only an Archen. No proper tree background. Originally I wasn't planning on drawing in a more realistic style, but there you go. Archen was fun to draw.
    Last edited by Souku; 16th February 2013 at 2:38 PM. Reason: Update
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:
    365 Project 2012 | 365 Project 2013

Oh wow, Archen looks wonderful! So does Shedinja.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Wow, Archen looks very fierce. I'm excited to see you do Archeops.
    And the lighting and shading on Shedinja is very impressive. It looks very eerie, and I think that's perfectly suitable for it, being a ghost and all.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Damn Archen you scary 0.0

I really really really like that Shedinja. It's kinda freakish. Love the way it has its scythe hands like a T-Rex.

Wow, amazing as always. How long does it usually take you to create these, if you don't mind me asking?

Just asking, how come you haven't uploaded yesterday's artwork? Hope to see it, it might be good.

As for my comments.
    Shedinja - Scary and more threatening for sure! Nicely done, especially it's arms.
    Archen - That's pretty awesome!

man just finished two 14 hour days. ready for a rest. love archen by the way. totally intimidating.
    and the blur effect is really cool. love!
    no worry on late updating. don't beat yourself up. hope everything is ok. take care of yourself first. pokemon after!
    Follow lillipup for more pokemon art.

join this written rpg with me journey to delta region. looks fun!
    new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

Oman, I'm so sorry about not being able to update the last week or so. Internet troubles and all that. While I've still been drawing every day, I just haven't been able to upload until now. Thank you to all of you for still following on. <3

Days 48 to 53 - Barboach, Rufflet, Glameow, Roserade, Landorus, Klinklang
    17th - 22nd February 2013

Okay, guys, you get a huge picture dump due to the lack of updates the last few days. Why that was was due to my incredibly uncool internet. It dropped out constantly enough to make uploading virtually impossible. But now that it has decided to behave itself, hopefully I will be able to return to the daily schedule.

Anyway, because there are six pics this update, I won't be talking about each drawing. I will say that I did have a ton of fun drawing them, especially Glameow and Landorus, but Klinklang sucked because I just can't draw gears. |D Sometime in the future I will, fo srs, sit down and draw 400 gears.
    I will get them right one day. -shakes fist-
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Good to have you back!

OMG that Landorus and Klinklang are amazing!

Thank you so much, Hankka! I'm glad to be back too, and I'm very happy to hear that you like Landorus and Klinklang! I'm doing another update now since I won't be home later, and I figured it would be better to get things done early rather than late. Hope you guys like the Dratini!

Day 54 - Dratini
    23rd February 2013

Aaand have a treat: a super early drawing for the 23rd of Feb! Since I won't be home in the evening tonight, I thought I would get today's pic done and uploaded in the early morning so that I won't have to worry about stealing my friend's computer to draw it later. This was completed between 3:20am and 4:10am.

Anyhoo, Dratini doesn't actually have many fun descriptions to go by (most of the dex entries talk about how much it sheds, lol) so I went with the RBY entries, which say that Dratini was thought to be a mythical Pokémon until some were discovered living underwater. I love underwater scenes if they can be hard to get right. I dunno, it is just very soothing. I loved drawing Dratini.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

XD love the comment about the gears! i actually think klingklang is one of my favs this time. love the color and the movement.
    very nice. i really like all the others too, but klingklang was the one that made me say "woah!"
    i think its amazing you still got all these done. i mean there are now more days than pokemon right?
    so you deserve a vacation day once in a while XD.

was just thinking. do you think you'll add the new x and y mon to your quest when they come out this year?

anyway great job! so many colors and textures. great job as usual.
    and hope your internet treats you better. stinks when it doesn't
    Follow lillipup for more pokemon art.

join this written rpg with me journey to delta region. looks fun!
    new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

Roserade's really cool, the way it's throwing around its Vine Whip. Great job with that.

And I kinda wish you drew Dratini's face of cute. But a little one swimming underwater is cool too.

THAT IS AWESOME. Can't wait for Tornadus.

And I really love that Roserade and Dratini :3

Dratini: The shading here is top-notch. Very nice.
    Klinklang: Just wow.
    Landorus: Congratulations, you've just made my second-least favorite Pokemon into something I would catch in a heartbeat.
    Roserade: I already love Roserade, but what you did with its design here is amazing.
    Glameow: Totally cute! It has a lot of personality.
    Rufflet and Barboach: One word: AWWWWW.

Finally you're back! Good thing too, I was waiting for the next Pokes and better late than never Must say that all of them are a great job for sure.

Barboach - Pretty good job, especially showing it's environment and all.
    Rufflet - Quite cute.
    Glameow - I really like one, one of my faves on this update. It shows elegance.
    Roserade - Also another fave in this update. Amazing job with this and the vine whips are impressive, not to mention a nice pose.
    Landorus - Incredibly well done and good you did him in the same style as Thundurus. Hope Tornadus shows up soon after seeing his other two companions.
    Klinklang - Decent and the bolt/electric thing is the best part here.
    Dratini - Really good and very natural. Colors are blending in well here.
    Last edited by nathandg0924; 23rd February 2013 at 12:37 PM.

Thank you all for your comments, I really appreciate you leaving them and I love to read them. <3 I'm very pleased to hear that you guys have liked the latest crop of pics, especially Landorus! Which was one of the ones I loved drawing, even if I'm not fond of the actual in-game design myself. |D Tornadus will be fun when random.org eventually picks it, I am sure too. Definitely going to draw him in the same style also, same canvas size and everything.

rosierjay, re: new mons, I know a couple pages back I said somewhere in the comments that, once X/Y comes out and I've had a chance to play them, I'll be adding the Gen VI pokémon to my current list and possibly going into a third year of daily drawing... but now I'm not so sure. |D I think I'll need to take a break, haha, so we'll see what happens later in the year. At the moment though? I'm definitely not drawing any new Pokémon until the games have officially released. I don't want to spoil the games and experience for myself is all. |D

Day 55 - Whirlipede
    24th February 2013

I'd actually forgotten to add the red markings onto the Whirlipede's shell the first time around because I was sleepy and took a 20-min nap towards the end of the drawing. Luckily I realised that after I uploaded the pic to only two sites, so I managed to rectify the mistake without too much issue.

I love this line because it's neat-looking. It's a pity they aren't too good for battling (or just Scolipede just sucks, which is very likely). But anyway, Whirlipedes have quite the tackles, so don't go out of your way to enrage one.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Wow, impressive as always. You really captured the movement of Whirlipede well in this one.

Awesome job on all of them.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Thank you very much, I'm glad you guys liked Whirlipede. Apologies again for having to double up the updates, now it's just that the end of February has become so busy for me and I didn't get to upload stuff!

Day 56 - Cinccino
    25th February 2013

Ack, I didn't get to upload Cinccino's pic yesterday so I'm uploading it today. I can't say I've often drawn a pic cel-shaded like this, but since I drew Minccino with this style, I figured it would be best to continue with it.

----

Day 57 - Emboar
    26th February 2013

Emboar is my favourite out of the Gen V starters, but then I've always been quite taken with fire types in general (even if they kinda suck!). UMM, what to say about Emboar... Apparently it cares very deeply about its friends. Also, it sets its fists alight using the fire of its beard. I always thought the beard was a collar of fire, but there you go.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Cinccino looks great! So cute. But, unfortunately, it seems that the link to Emboar's picture is broken, at least for me.

My apologies, Emboar's link is working now!
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast